Adam Levine thanks parents for sexy status
November 21st, 2013

Adam Levine thanks parents for sexy status

If Adam Levine is the Sexiest Man Alive, does that make his mom and dad the Sexiest Parents Alive?

We'll go with it, as "The Voice" coach suggested as much while accepting his "Sexiest Man Alive award" on "Kimmel" Wednesday.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNS751eHl2A&w=450&h=315]

"This is a tremendous honor," Levine said while accepting his honor - basically just a mirror - from host Kimmel.

"A lot of people kind of trivialize this sort of thing. They say it's shallow, they think it's just a silly media stunt used to sell magazines and to perpetuate the image of Hollywood being based on looks, and that's totally true. It is. But I'm completely cool with that," Levine joked. "This award means everything to me."

Growing into someone so "cool, confident and seductive" has been "quite a journey," but not one he made alone. He has his "mother and father, both incredibly sexy," to thank for helping him get here - "especially my dad, thanks man," Levine said.

And to "Ryan Gosling, thanks for turning this down constantly, that really helped my campaign."

The idea of Gosling refusing to be named People's Sexiest Man Alive would definitely ease the minds of those who were stunned to see that their favorite meme-friendly actor had been overlooked for the top title yet again.

"I love Adam. But um, @RyanGosling, anyone?" tweeted "Community's" Yvette Nicole Brown. "C'mon now, #PeopleMagazine!"

Vanity Fair, too, was puzzled by the selection, wondering aloud in its headline whether Ryan Gosling was just too busy - again - to accept the honor. And for those who truly don't know why "The Notebook" actor is considered the rightful recipient of the Sexiest Man title, BuzzFeed found ten things he did this year that "are 5 billion times more interesting/hotter than Adam Levine's entire life."

If that seems a bit mean, look at this way: at least no one has protested outside of People magazine's offices, like they did when Bradley Cooper was named Sexiest Man Alive in 2011.

Filed under: Celebrities • television • The Voice

1. zoskhi

PLEASE WHAT IS HOT ABOUT RYAN GOSLING? PERSONALLY I THINK HE LOOKS WEIRD!

November 27, 2013 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Meh

"A lot of people kind of trivialize this sort of thing. They say it's shallow, they think it's just a silly media stunt used to sell magazines and to perpetuate the image of Hollywood being based on looks, and that's totally true"
    So, famous for being famous...where does it end ffs?

November 25, 2013 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  3. RobNYNY1957

Average looking without the tattoos, repulsive with them.

November 23, 2013 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Peace ☮

SMA? I don't think so. When do we get to vote on this stuff? How about the "SMB"? (MB being marquee blogger). 😮

November 22, 2013 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Gross

Voting is closed for SMB as well. I won, BTW.

😮

November 22, 2013 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • ※Sadie※

May I be the first to congratulate you, Gross. That is quite an honor that has been bestowed upon you. lol...

November 22, 2013 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  5. whatever

Really? Adam Levine? Most annoying person on TV I can believe, but SMA? To who? A bunch of giggly high school girls?

November 21, 2013 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  6. V¡xen

Lmao..s3xiest man!! Oh pleaassee ! I'm laughing so hard, I'm about to cough up a lung!! Seriously? He is not ugly, but he is sure as h € ll not the s3xest man..2 funny!

November 21, 2013 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • ※Sadie※

I couldn't agree more. I'm still shaking my head over this one.

November 22, 2013 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  7. derp

Scrawny falsetto singing nasally whining pansy.

Is this what women settle for today?

November 21, 2013 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • @derp who pwns you

You're referring to shallow, superficial women there, much like yourself, apparently.

November 22, 2013 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

"and have access to the lifestyle you only DREAM about"

You have no idea what lifestyle I have.

I have all the money I could ever spend. I am as happy as a person can be. There is nothing whatsoever about Levine that I am jealous of.

Why is it that every internet moron thinks that because you don't like someone, that they have more money than you, and that you are just jealous of them.

My net worth is probably twice what Levine's is.

November 22, 2013 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Frank

And your nose just grew three feet. If all that was frue, you wouldn't be wasting your time here.

November 22, 2013 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  8. namkoS

Adam, you've got my vote, you hunky beast.

November 21, 2013 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |