October 31st, 2013

Kim K.'s sexy selfie was a figurative middle finger

When Kim Kardashian shared a self-portrait of herself in a revealing bathing suit earlier this month, she was actually flipping the bird.

Didn't catch her middle finger in the snapshot? That's because the picture itself was intended to be a big "F. U." to those who criticized her weight gain while she was pregnant, the 33-year-old reality star told Jay Leno on Wednesday.

The negative press and mean-spirited commentary while she was pregnant with daughter North "really did affect me," Kardashian said. "It really hurt my soul, it changed how I am in the public, I think, a little bit. ... I was gaining weight because I was pregnant, and it was just really hard to read all these stories and hear all these nasty things."

Kardashian, who's in the middle of filming season 9 of her reality show "Keeping Up with the Kardashians," added that she came out of that experience wanting to live a more private life.

"I wanted to adjust my life a little bit, because why would I subject myself to so much negativity?" she said. "I just don't need that energy. I choose to go out with family and friends when I want to but I've definitely tried to live a more private life because of that, because they were so nasty, it's like, why even go out as much just to put yourself in that position."

But when she took the sizzling swimsuit photo while trying on clothes in mid-October, she couldn't resist sharing it with the public.

"I was trying on that bathing suit, and I actually just sent that to my fiancé (Kanye West), and I was like, 'babe, can I post this up?' This is my big, middle finger to the world on everyone that called me fat," Kardashian said with a laugh.

Her post-baby curves were hard-won, though. Losing 50 pounds after North's June arrival was "the hardest challenge of my life," she said. "And I was dedicated, and I was motivated, and I did the Atkin's diet ... it's a newer version now. I remember in college, I would try every single diet with my dad, and we did the Atkin's diet together and I lost weight and so did he. At the beginning (after giving birth) I couldn't exercise a whole lot. But then I started going on hikes with different family members, my boyfriend, everyone, and it worked."

Filed under: Celebrities • Kim Kardashian

« Previous entry
  1. Cowboy Curtis

Kanye better put his brand on the left flank of that heifer or else she's gonna get rustled.

November 16, 2013 at 5:47 am | Report abuse |
  2. Matt

I don't get it. She looks fat to me. In the "selfie" and on TV. How is that a middle finger to the world? Providing inarguable proof that yes- she has a big fat a**?

November 14, 2013 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  3. symone says

wow, i am still stopped by that derriere. man, that thing could stop traffic, and not in a good way. i mean, it's good to be proud of yourself, but dang is she unaware of just how incredibly large and unattractive is that body part, even to kanye? she *is* aware that he snapped her up for her money, right? well, and them being soul-makes with 93-point i.q.s.

kim, you wonder why people take pot shots at you, and you totally don't even get that posting things like *this* is why!!!! i mean, okay, you lost 50 lbs? great. i am very thankful that you didn't pose THOSE "before" photos. maybe losing those 50 lbs was your goal and you're done, but if you lost another 50 lbs, you would be healthier!!! and still not skinny!!!

November 10, 2013 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  4. M.A.P.

It was a figurative steaming pile of sh!t, not a middle finger. A finger doesn't have that shape. A steaming pile of sh!t does.

November 3, 2013 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Wide Load

Kim is an energy sucker which does not work anymore with the public...actually it never did.

November 2, 2013 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  6. Agabus

Hey Kim try this, how about losing all your weight, and simply vanish into thin air? Now THAT would be a neat trick, and you would make headlines all over the world.

November 2, 2013 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  7. Jim970

Wow. That woman has a big rear. No, I retract that. She has a huge rear. Can't imagine why she would want to show it off. I really do not understand the trend. Women seem to want huge rears, outrageously large breasts, and gigantic lips. All are ugly. And when they are imitation, plastic surgery generated they are that much worse.

November 2, 2013 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  8. jj

How is this a middle finger when she is still fat?

November 1, 2013 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |