Alec Baldwin, Hilaria introduce daughter Carmen
September 4th, 2013

Alec Baldwin, Hilaria introduce daughter Carmen

Alec Baldwin and wife Hilaria are in parental bliss.

The two welcomed their first child together, daughter Carmen Gabriela, on August 23, and on Wednesday they introduced Carmen to the world.

Along with a photo shoot for People magazine, the Baldwins filmed a candid moment for "Extra."

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

"I have the feeling that life is wonderful," Baldwin, 55, said. "I have the feeling that I'm so lucky, I'm so blessed, all those things that everybody feels when you have a baby and you want to have that family."

Baldwin has gone through this before, as he's also dad to 17-year-old Ireland Baldwin, his daughter with ex Kim Basinger. "It's a second chance for me, in a way," the actor told People magazine. “Everybody knows I had a pretty unpleasant custody battle for Ireland," whom he describes as "well-adjusted and as happy as one can be."

But for Hilaria, 29, parenthood has opened her eyes to feelings she didn't know existed.

"Every single day is a dream come true. I have trouble sleeping because I just want to look at her. Every single day you wake up and it's Christmas," she told "Extra." "I didn't know this kind of love before. It's a love that hurts; it hurts when I'm away from her, I can't handle it. I want to make sure that she's OK every step of the way. It's indescribable, it's absolutely indescribable."

Filed under: Alec Baldwin • Celebrities

1. wowee

Looks like you're talking to yourself again... and even worse... defending lawyers... so that makes you insane.

September 11, 2013 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  2. ouch

Alec. You're squeezing the baby too hard. She's crying. Stop Alec. Give me the baby. lol

September 11, 2013 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  3. BIPOLARMANIA

I cannot believe she is allowing BIPOLAR-LOOKING Alec to tightly squeeze his dirty little pig. Has anyone engaged child protective services yet? Nice hair. Did he just crawl out from beneath the crib? What a mess. Keep this guy away from innocent defenseless little pigs.

September 11, 2013 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  4. Ianthe

I'm sick and tired of hearinglawyers bashed and Kim Basinger bashed. Alec Baldwin not to mention Ridicula, iasn't as good as either.

September 7, 2013 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  5. oldguy68

Hope he is a better father with this child than he was with his previous child

September 6, 2013 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  6. Germain

Soooooooo basically she feels the same way any decent mother feels about her child. I know it's her first one and all but you don't have to oversell it, a lot of us have felt this way too about our children.

September 5, 2013 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • PSYM

I mean, that's from Alec, but you get the point – they aren't saying this is unique, they just want to share, and that's alright.

September 5, 2013 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Rock

GDI, she is hot

September 5, 2013 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pete

1. No she isn't. Willing to scrape the bottom of the barrel, are you? 2. What do those initials stand for?

September 5, 2013 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pete

Oh, GDI, right. No she's not. She's no 29 either. Looks shopworn.

September 5, 2013 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rock

Dont worry kids, You'll learn one day

September 9, 2013 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  8. M.A.P.

I heard his wife was rudely text messaging all the way through her childbirth.

September 5, 2013 at 3:18 am | Report abuse |
    • E

Rudely? It's her labor. She can do whatever she pleases to get through it. Seriously, rudely? Get over yourself.

September 6, 2013 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Ahhh, it was a joke referring to when she was accused of texting through the funeral of that actor earlier this year and then Alec freaked out and absed the reporter. Please try to keep up.

September 6, 2013 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  9. maria

I dislike the Baldwin brothers indeed, but I appreciate he was civil in showing the world the baby ,like K Kardashian or Halle Berry making noise and tantrums because the papparazy is taking photos of them or KK not showing the baby photos or showing a fake one! look at the Prince showing the baby photos the moment he born that is great what is going on with KK is that baby sooo beautiful she doesn't want to share ? not that I want to see it just curious!

September 4, 2013 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  10. The_dude

Arec Baadwin president of the film actors guild.

September 4, 2013 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Peace ☮

Lol! Parental bliss as the baby is screaming her head off.

September 4, 2013 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |