'True Blood' gets an end date, and more news to note
September 3rd, 2013

'True Blood' gets an end date, and more news to note

Today's news you might've missed:

• Noooooooooooooooo! HBO has announced that "True Blood" will conclude with its seventh season next year. We will go ahead and say it: It's a bloody shame. [USA Today]
  • We hope Simon Cowell was joking when he said he's timed the birth of his baby to coincide with the premiere of the X Factor musical. Cause that would just be...who are we kidding? That would be kind of remarkable! [Metro]
  • As if Charlie Hunnam wasn't getting enough attention for being cast in the "Fifty Shades of Grey" film, did he seriously sport a weed t-shirt? Who does he think he is? James Franco?!?! [TMZ]
  • We kind of blame Beyonce for this new bob trend popping up everywhere. Now Kelly Ripa has gotten in on the game. [People]
  • Kerry Washington can't seem to stop being stunning. She's killing it these days [Glamour]
  • And because what would be a day without Kardashian news, we feel compelled to let you know that Kim has gone blonde. Again, we blame Beyonce. [E!]

Filed under: While you were working

1. lean6

True Blood jumped the shark a long time ago. I think it was right after the Maenad story line in season 2. Since then, it's just been a desperate attempt at shock TV...each season being more of a gross out and let down than the last.

September 4, 2013 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Peace ☮

Well I must say, KK's new hair color looks really nice on her. Good choice!
    As for Kelly Ripa, her face is so tiny she can pull off a bob, no problem. Looks good on her, too.
    Hey MAP! I see you're back, how was your vaca?
    Hello to Triumph, too! 🙂

September 4, 2013 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Hi Peace, Finally someone noticed im back!!! Yeah it was a pretty good vacay, but it was really too short. We wanted to visit this big old Temple on Koh Chang but we didnt get to. I went elephant rding and snorkling and stuff. Was pretty awesome!!! And the toilets weren't the "stand over a hole" ones that I was fearing!

September 4, 2013 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

Hi ya Triumph! I'm good, enjoying some Fall like weather! How did I know you'd say something like that about KK? Lol! How are you?
      Hi MAP! Welcome back! Vacas are always too short, dang it! Elephant riding? Hope they keep them clean cuz they sure can stink. Lol! Sounds like ya had a good time. Good for you! 🙂

September 4, 2013 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
    • ※Sadie※

Good morning Peace, MAP, and Triumph! How has everyone been? Did you have a good weekend? Map- sounds like a good vacation. Would you go back again? I have vacation next week! I'm so excited just to have some time off. It has been a while, that's for sure. I'm not doing anything special, just relaxing. Maybe just do some day trips. Got to check with Peace on going to Saugatuck on Tuesday. That girl is crazy! Guaranteed to have fun when she is around. Well, got to get busy, just wanted to drop in and say howdy. Have a good day all!

September 4, 2013 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Hey Sadie! Yessss I would definately go back to Thailand, the people were so friendly and the environment there was lush and green!! We had a motorbike and were drinving around the island and we saw a group of monkeys. When we pulled over to take photos a monkey jumped on the motorbike and was checking himself in the mirror! Best photo EVER!

September 4, 2013 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

Geeez MAP, Wish there was a way to share that photo. 🙁 Would love to see it!
      Sadie! Go see the "soggy ducks" on Tues? I would love to!!! No Long Island iced teas for me, tho. BOL! I'm calling you now to make a plan! 🙂

September 4, 2013 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |