Today's news you might've missed:
- David Fincher's "Gone Girl" may have found its leading lady. Actress Rosamund Pike has been offered the role of the wife who mysteriously disappears in the thriller, which already stars Ben Affleck as the suspicious husband. [THR]
- Jimmy Fallon is already feeling parenthood's time wrap, wherein one day seems to stretch on longer than 24 hours. "I feel like I've been at a four-day conference, or something," he joked. "I'm the father of a beautiful baby girl, her name is Winnie Rose Fallon, and she's so cute. She's five pounds, nine ounces." And yes, little Winnie will definitely be available for a play date with young HRH Prince George Alexander Louis.
- The first half of the year belonged to Justin Timberlake, Jay-Z and Robin Thicke, but the second half just might fall under the rule of Lady Gaga. As the singer prepares to release "ARTPOP," she's also announced that she'll perform her first single from the album at the MTV Video Music Awards in August. [MTV]
- The mystery photographer who's been capturing Heidi Klum in the buff is .... her mom, believe it or not. And the reason for all of the topless shots? "I'm European," Klum has said. "I don't like wearing tops. And I don't like tan lines." [NYDN]
- By the way, Klum's also slated to make a guest appearance on "Parks and Recreation." [EW]
- Over on Fox's "New Girl," Emmy nominee Merritt Wever will return with her talents for the comedy's third season in the fall. [E!]