Taylor Swift's reaction to her VMA noms is priceless
July 17th, 2013

Taylor Swift's reaction to her VMA noms is priceless

Experience is the best teacher, and Taylor Swift now knows exactly what to do should she win the Video of the Year award at this year's MTV Video Music Awards.

"Two VMA nominations!!" Swift, 23, said Wednesday in a celebratory tweet. "If you vote and get us one, I promise to keep a firmer grip on the mic this time ;)"

Clearly, the singer is coyly referring to "The Incident," in which Kanye West mic-jacked her at the 2009 VMAs to tell the world that Beyoncé deserved to win Video of the Year rather than Taylor Swift.

Steal Swift's mic once, shame on you. Steal it twice, you'll get what's coming to you, apparently.

This year's lead nominees, Justin Timberlake and Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, might want to heed Swift's lesson as well. The two acts are both up for six Moonman trophies, including that coveted Video of the Year honor. Behind them is Bruno Mars with four nods, with Miley Cyrus, Pink, Robin Thicke and 30 Seconds to Mars each receiving three nominations a piece.

Check out some of the major VMAs categories below, and see the full list on MTV.com. The 2013 MTV Video Music Awards will air on August 25 from Brooklyn for the first time.

Video of the Year

Justin Timberlake, "Mirrors"
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Wanz, "Thrift Shop"
Bruno Mars, "Locked Out of Heaven"
Robin Thicke feat. T.I. and Pharrell, "Blurred Lines"
Taylor Swift, "I Knew You Were Trouble"

Best Male Video

Justin Timberlake, "Mirrors"
Robin Thicke feat. T.I. and Pharrell, "Blurred Lines"
Bruno Mars, "Locked Out of Heaven"
Ed Sheeran, "Lego House"
Kendrick Lamar, "Swimming Pools"

Best Female Video

Rihanna feat. Mikky Ekko, "Stay"
Taylor Swift, "I Knew You Were Trouble"
Miley Cyrus, "We Can't Stop"
Pink feat. Nate Ruess, "Just Give Me A Reason"
Demi Lovato, "Heart Attack"

Best Pop Video

Bruno Mars, "Locked Out of Heaven"
Justin Timberlake, "Mirrors"
Fun., "Carry On"
Miley Cyrus, "We Can't Stop"
Selena Gomez, "Come and Get It"

Best Rock Video

Imagine Dragons, "Radioactive"
Fall Out Boy, "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)"
Mumford & Sons, "I Will Wait"
Thirty Seconds To Mars, "Up in the Air"
Vampire Weekend, "Diane Young"

Best Hip Hop Video

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton, "Can't Hold Us"
Drake, "Started From The Bottom"
Kendrick Lamar, "Swimming Pools"
A$AP Rocky feat. Drake, 2 Chainz and Kendrick Lamar, "F–kin' Problems"
J. Cole feat. Miguel, "Power Trip"

Filed under: Celebrities • Kanye West • Music • Taylor Swift

« Previous entry
  1. rau

I want to know when rock became classified as acoustic guitar, pretty boy auto tuned sounding.
    It sounds like crappy pop. I guess if you are under 18, you dont have clue what rock really is.

August 5, 2013 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  2. jimanddee3

I wonder how much money her dad had to put out to get her a nomination... She didn't get one for her singing ability or her on stage dancing, her voice is flatter than a pancake and so was she before some "poor excuse for a plastic suergon" helped her...With her money, she should have gotten a better boob job....I read that her father, who is rich, bought her entrance into the music business, I believe it cause without electronic help, she would be lost....I do have to give great credit to her publicity agent,.. During the awards show, count how many times the cameras are trained on her...Last awards show, it was 8 times I guess there was no other important people in the audience...JUST SAYING....

July 26, 2013 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Meep

Kanye West, just a typical racist black man.

July 24, 2013 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  4. RCDC

She is talented and nice. Kids nowadays are more pron to loud bit sounds than normal songs. But I know young generations will always love her music.

July 20, 2013 at 5:48 am | Report abuse |
    • bdog

Oh yeah, she's SCARY talented.... when she is in the studio, using autotune, and fully produced. She can't however sing when she's live, it's pretty pretty pretty bad.

July 23, 2013 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Suitable

Adam has finally found a suitable proper women for himself. all the best.

July 19, 2013 at 7:31 am | Report abuse |
  6. Dick N. Sider

You are a true artist, Taylor. Keep up the good work.

July 18, 2013 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  7. mstaylorj

I think Talor Siwft has to leave the past in the past, It was funny three years ago, but now it's just corny.

July 18, 2013 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Wet Dream Wanda

Say what you want about Taylor, but her music just speaks to me. It speaks to all young women. Quit being so negative.

July 18, 2013 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

It doesn't speak to me. It sh!ts in my ear.

July 19, 2013 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Meh

Its not the music speaking to you as much as your undiscovered urge to poke out your ear drums for having heard it in the first place

July 23, 2013 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Taylor

16 yr old fights.

July 18, 2013 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Pap Smear Mishap

I can't wait for her to go into the studio and make another album! Love u, Taylor! U R the BEST!

July 18, 2013 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Boo

MTV plays music? Since when?

July 18, 2013 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Aloha

Why do they still have video "music" awards?

July 18, 2013 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  13. Tanya

I hope Pink wins. She has true talent. Taylor reacts with the blow up doll mouth complete with red lipstick.

July 18, 2013 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  14. Peace ☮

Is she singing the song, "I'm a little teapot"?

July 18, 2013 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Thank you Sadie for backing me up! I was a bit ann-oyed when I had that rant this morning. I've had lunch now so I'm not as ann-oyed, but I have seen his "Blurred Lines" video about 100 times on TV commercials and they play it 15 times a day on the radio here at work and I've just had enough of these men trying to make "se-xy" songs that just end up completely ignoring male se-xuality and focusing on making women into s-x objects for their enjoyment. And plenty of women love it too, which is just terrible.

July 18, 2013 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

@Gross...lmao!

July 18, 2013 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  15. M.A.P.

I don't understand why every male singer has to pretend to be a total pig misogynist to sell records. Maybe Mr Ticke isn't a misogynist – but that song (which Im sure he didnt write anyway) is.

July 18, 2013 at 5:14 am | Report abuse |
  16. mstaylorj

Reblogged this on Mizz. Taylor J and commented:
    The VMAs are coming up and these are the top picks

July 17, 2013 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Vacation

Very pretty girl

July 17, 2013 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Yeah, pretty. That has nothing to do with music so why don't they call the VMA's little miss american beauty pagaent or something. Let's face it, it has NOTHING to do with music and is only designed to make more teenage girls want to kill themselves for not looking like that abomonation above.

July 18, 2013 at 6:45 am | Report abuse |