'DWTS' crowns champ as show ponders future
May 22nd, 2013

'DWTS' crowns champ as show ponders future

The 16th season of "Dancing with the Stars" came to a close Tuesday night, and the first "American Idol" contestant to compete on the ABC series ended up on top.

Country singer Kellie Pickler overcame tough challenges from actress Zendaya, gymnast Aly Raisman and football star Jacoby Jones to take home the Mirror Ball Trophy. Pickler closed out her run with a trio of perfect 30s in the two-night finale.

Pro partner Derek Hough took home his fourth Mirror Ball, the first pro dancer to do so. He won previously with Brooke Burke-Charvet, Nicole Scherzinger and Jennifer Grey.

The finale was not without its share of controversy, as host Tom Bergeron announced that viewer votes tallied on ABC's website would not be counted due to issues that occurred during Monday's East coast broadcast. Phone, text and Facebook votes were the ones tallied for Tuesday's finale. It is not known if the ABC votes would have mattered in the final tally.

Tuesday's finale also marked the likely end of an era for the long-running show. Beginning in September, "Dancing with the Stars" will air just one night a week. Three hours of weekly programming will now became two and, as a result, changes will be made - maybe even at the judges' table.

Carrie Ann Inaba, Len Goodman and Bruno Tonioli have all been there from the beginning, and their unique chemistry and personalities have been a show hallmark. But familiarity breeds predictability, and viewers may be looking for a fresh face or three to bring new perspectives. Goodman and Tonioli also judge on the British series that inspired it all, "Strictly Come Dancing," so perhaps a departure from one of the programs would be a welcome relief.

And what about the professional dancers? Cheryl Burke and Tony Dovolani have been with the show since season two, Karina Smirnoff and Kym Johnson first appeared in season three, while Hough and Mark Ballas joined in season five. Could the inclusion of three new pros this season be the start of a changing of the ballroom guard?

Do you agree with Kellie Picker winning this season? And what changes would you like to see on "DWTS" this fall?

« Previous entry
  1. mahson98

Kita – I agree about Carrie Ann. I never really understood what qualifies a "fly girl" to be judging ballroom dancing. And who cares about lifts??? She is the least credible judge on the panel.خرید بلیط هواپیما

July 31, 2018 at 4:56 am | Report abuse |
  2. TOM ...I CANNOT MAKE MY CAR PAYMENT..I HAVE TOO CALL JONTHAN

PLEASE GET THE BLOCK OFF

January 8, 2014 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  3. online business

Hmm it appears like your blog ate my first comment (it was
    super long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say,
    I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well
    am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to everything.
    Do you have any recommendations for inexperienced blog writers?

I'd certainly appreciate it.

January 8, 2014 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • jefferyc99

And what about the professional dancers? Cheryl Burke and Tony Dovolani have been with the show since season two, Karina Smirnoff and Kym Johnson first appeared in season three, while Hough and Mark Ballas joined in season five. Could the inclusion of three new pros this season be the start of a changing of the ballroom guard?

January 20, 2014 at 5:23 am | Report abuse |
  4. Rod

I saw it on the Canadian feed too, all was fine. Another hot debate on CNN

December 21, 2013 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  5. riddles

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have truly enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. In any case I�ll be subscribing in your rss feed and I'm hoping you write once more very soon!

December 19, 2013 at 12:57 am | Report abuse |
  6. Riva Nowlen

any taboo subject even though generally individuals are substandard to share with this subject areas

December 16, 2013 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Eric Astro

Le problème des gens, c'est que de moins en moins respectent les codes.

November 4, 2013 at 7:21 am | Report abuse |
  8. champ50

Did not work out for you here either..you were hacked here also.
    Macine 3 evidence came in...treadmill

November 2, 2013 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  9. Amos Gammel

Pretty! This was a really wonderful article. Thank you for supplying this info.

November 2, 2013 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  10. Alfonzo Kalvig

alot from your PMP then the iPod's larger screen and better browser may be important.

November 2, 2013 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  11. Handmade Jewelry

I am only commenting to let you know of the remarkable experience our girl encountered reading the weblog. She noticed several pieces, which included how it truly is like to possess an incredible giving nature to get certain folks really easily learn certain multifaceted items. You undoubtedly exceeded visitors’ desires. I appreciate you for rendering the critical, healthy, informative as properly as straightforward tips about the subject to Kate.

October 14, 2013 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Rats On Her Own People

Guess who won the trophy? No you.

October 12, 2013 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Handmade Jewelry

you got a very excellent website, Sword lily I discovered it through yahoo.

October 7, 2013 at 2:19 am | Report abuse |
  14. All forwards

i would not worry -

September 30, 2013 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Handmade Jewelry

I am glad to be a visitor of this perfect web weblog ! , regards for this rare information! .

September 30, 2013 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  16. cheap jordans online

The shoes is exactly what i was expecting, size and fit perfectly. The shoes was on very good condition no damage and issue, good quality and authentic as mentioned. Also one best thing is that the PRICE is right so I'm hoping they sell some Jordan retro 1 or 13 with right price. Thank you
    cheap jordans online http://www.jordansforcheaptime.com/

August 29, 2013 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  17. SonnyRey

Don't care who 'won' – wife & I didn't even watch again this season or since E. Smith took home the undeseved trophy for dancing. That show was just a popularity contest for a dumb jock. The show is for unhappy 'has beens' anyway.

May 24, 2013 at 6:01 am | Report abuse |
  18. DWTS

looking forward too a new season.

May 23, 2013 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  19. SK

Well now, with all the reality shows on tv now, DWTS is the best to watch and at least enjoy the music. What is wrong with people when they are so negative about this show and probably watch the craziness of some other reality that is put on tv. Who cares about the Kardashians, who wants to watch swamp people, and so on and so on. I think we need to see live entertainment with good music and dancing to uplift us once in a while gives us a change from all the violence and stupidity shown on the tube. Hoping they make no changes on DWTS, the system is going well as is, and the judges and hosts, dancers are very entertaining. They suit the show. Why change something that is doing well.

May 23, 2013 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • JA

Thank you! if it weren't for the news, I do without TV all together. I am sick to death of Gouls and bloody murder scenes!!!!

May 24, 2013 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  20. Mary Signorelli

I love the show as it is now. No changes.

May 23, 2013 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  21. DOW

Agree with everyone re: pairings being lopsided...Kellie deserved to win....while making changes, PLEASE get rid of the inane post-dance interview questions that make me want to go to a commercial! I had to tune in late on Tuesday...why were there only 3 finalists instead of 4?

May 23, 2013 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  22. CA

She definitely deserved to win. Couldn't tell her from one of the professionals in the end. Well done as Len would say.

May 23, 2013 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  23. KarriFS

I stopped watching DWTS several seasons ago for the following reasons –
    1. Many of these people are not 'stars' (Bristol Palin, Kate Gosselin, Kim Kardashian, Bachelor/Bachelorette contestants);
    2. Some of the pros (Derek and Mark in particular) are almost always given a partner who either has dance experience or is a young and perky athlete while the other pros are given Cloris Leachman, Wayne Newton, Tom DeLay, Gladys Knight, etc. It's a set up almost from the start for Derek or Mark to win (same was true of Julianne until she quit the show);
    3. It's obvious the judges favor some pros over others and the scoring and comments reflect that;
    4. Brooke Burke is painful to watch.
    The only good thing about this show is Tom Bergeron and even he wasn't enough to keep me watching any longer. Cancel the show and let Mark and Derek go find something else to boost their enormous egos.

May 23, 2013 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Mr. KnowItAll

I agree with you totally. Especially about the pairing of partners. I think they should have the celebrities or dancers draw names from a hat to determine who their partner will be..

May 23, 2013 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pants

>> 4. Brooke Burke is painful to watch.

That's for sure. She's one of those people who is desperate to become a celebrity. She even went out and married a c-lister just to try to somehow improve her career. Why don't these folks ever marry plumbers or accountants?

That being said, she has amazing knockers.

May 25, 2013 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  24. warnercc

It's the same every season. If your favorite wins, it's a dance contest. If your favorite doesn't win, it a popularity contest and your not going to watch any more. Such and such is a ringer because they had previous dance experience, are too young or too old or they have previous experience pouring concrete. People, People, People, just take it for what it is worth (nothing)....it only entertainment, not life or death. Watch if you want to watch or don't watch it you don't want to watch. In the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter.

May 23, 2013 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
    • JA

Well said! I did not watch every episode because I have a life. But it's still the only " Entertainment " on TV these days. So sad!

May 24, 2013 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  25. Pliny

OMG...Zendaya should have won...NO, Kellie deserved to win...blah blahblah blah blah...who da fuq cares? It's a stupid dancing TV show that is thankfully over now...does it really matter who won? No! Get on with your lives folks. There are more important things to be concerned with.

May 23, 2013 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  26. Sara Davis

Zendaya should have won. This show is a popularity contest not a dancing contest. I will not be watching DWTS anymore. Derek is a bore!

May 23, 2013 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  27. old owl

DWTS was a ringing success this season, and the finale reflected this. Kellie and Derrick were consistently in a class of their own, with top-notch dancing, choreography, and grace. They were unfairly judged by Len's spite "7" when their performance clearly warranted a "10" but they took it in stride, and went on to do what they both were meant to do, and that is to set a new high water mark on the ballroom. They worked for the mirrorball, and they earned it! This what the show is supposed to about, rewarding the best dancers on the basis of their dance perfomances, not their personalities or popularity. Good job, DWTS!!!!! I'll be watching next season!!!!!

May 23, 2013 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  28. Lamina

Boo hiss. Pickler danes like an elephant in a snowdrift. What a lousy show!

May 23, 2013 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  29. Frankie s.

First of all...the right people won. Zendaya was too young, and had too much prior experience.

Second...go not break up the judges. Look what happened to Idol once Simon and Paula left.....turned into total junk. Len, Bruno, and Carrie Ann are vital to the show.

May 23, 2013 at 7:43 am | Report abuse |
  30. BrendaB

I am thrilled Kellie and Derek won!!! Please don't change a thing about this show...it's perfect the way it is!!!

May 23, 2013 at 6:01 am | Report abuse |
  31. Brenda

Just Cancel it already. Palin trash ruined.

May 22, 2013 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Rita

I didn't watch this season but I LOVE Derek Hough. I say put him at the judges table for the next season!!!!

May 22, 2013 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • meadowsea

Great idea! Actually, I wish there were a rotating fourth "guest" judge every week - a judge who is knowledgeable in the technique of ballroom dancing - and a pro ballroom dancer would be perfect for that! I keep wishing for more substantive feedback comments from them, and a bit stricter scoring. They were handing out 10's like candy at the finale!

May 23, 2013 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Laura

No one is a better choreographer than Derek! Kellie was absolutely fantastic and deserved to win. I, too, think Zendaya did not belong with the adults. And with her background, she had an unfair advantage. I am so glad Kellie and Derek won.

May 22, 2013 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  34. geknighton

Great finale , great season. All season there were 4 couples who stood out. One of the best things about DWTS is they change from season to season and week to week as needed. Thus we got a four couple final this year. That was so cool. I'm looking forward to the one night a week format next year, I think there is too much filler in the results shows for EVERY "reality" format show. For the last couple of weeks of the season you could see both Kellie and Zendaya begin to pull away a bit. And as with many seasons, the final freestyle was the make or break moment. While all the others went over the top with gimmicks and groups of dancers. Derek (Sorry to all you trolls out there but this is why he's SO good at his job) put the spotlight squarely on his partner. Kellie has a beautiful quality of movement, and has developed the ability over the season to carry the emotion of the performance. And it was a show stopper. People in the audience were crying.... not just Carrie Ann ;). My wife and I immediately rewound to watch it again. Even before the scores. You can't get better than a 10 anyway. What a season – thirteen perfect thirties, all in the last 3 weeks , but in the end the numbers didn't matter as much as the feelings. What a finish.

May 22, 2013 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • jean graves

I think Zendaya should have won....more talented and consistent. I never miss an episode but don't know about the future. I think the judges picked Kelie from the beginning and our online votes should have counted...I'm disappointed in the show. I enjoy watching ballroom dancing which this show is not about...it's popularity and there's too much acrobatics and not enough real dancing. Kellie was good but not nearly as graceful as Zendaya...Something's wrong.

May 23, 2013 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  35. Guest

What is wrong with you people.. Hiphop dance and ballroom dancing is two different dance styles. HELLO! Zendaya should have won. Will not be watching DWTS any longer. Over It, the show is hosed up!

May 22, 2013 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Sheila

I've been a fan of the show since day one. I do not feel it's the worst on TV at all (as far as reality shows go.)

I think that Derek is a great dancer. But, so are the other pros. Where Derek excels is in choreography. He comes up with the best dance routines on this show week after week. And, that's what puts him ahead of the other pros IMHO.

I was glad Kelly won. She deserved it. Although Zendaya is talented, it was limiting to Val to have to work with her being only 16. He had to watch what moves he gave her, how he held her....esp. with her bodyguard father always watching as well. The others were free to go for it more.

As far as the judges, they are pretty predicatable. You know just about what Len's going to complain about, what Carrie Ann is going to cry about and what Bruno is going to go nuts about by now.

I would prefer the show be on one night a week for 2 hrs. than be split up and be on two nights a week. It's hard to stay loyal when it's one two nights due to other shows you'd also like to watch. I usually tape those while I watch DWTS.

May 22, 2013 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Michael

Noone said anything about how terrible Winona Judd is/was ... she can't dance ... or sing!

May 22, 2013 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  38. derek and kirstie

i guess its not as weird as i thought and possibly part of the problem after all
    kfc.

May 22, 2013 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Linda Broderick

Congrats to Kellie. She was the best and did a beautiful free style dance. I really don't want them to make alot of changes to the show. I enjoy it the way it is. If the show is only going to be on one night instead of two how are they going to announce who goes home? Are they going to announce at the beginning of the following weeks show???? This does not make sense to me.

May 22, 2013 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nana JuJu

My understanding is they'll have the results at the end of each Monday night show. I guess you have an opportunity to vote during the show up to a certain time...then they combine those votes with the judges. I've often said the judges votes should weigh more than the viewers. After all, they're the professionals and viewer votes are in a lot of cases just a popularity vote instead of voting for the dances. It will be interesting to see how they manage it. However they do it, some won't like it.

May 22, 2013 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  40. I guess derek doesn't hate kirstie after all...

good dancing too all.

May 22, 2013 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  41. R>M

worst show on television and to think we pay for it

May 22, 2013 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  42. CT

I enjoy the show as much now as I did the first season. It is good entertainment. I like all the dancers, I would hate to see any of them go.

May 22, 2013 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  43. its all over the web...so your denying it

however your not dealing with the season.

May 22, 2013 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Mapo

well then live in this spiral dance that you chose and don't blame others if the season is not working again

May 22, 2013 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Diane

I have loved the show from the beginning and would hate to see any changes made except maybe shortening it a bit. i felt like this season was the best yet even though I knew very few of the contestants. That audience is getting it right and the contestants are really putting their all into the show because they know it is a first-class production and very popular. I'm glad to see ballroom dancing finally making a comeback over the last several years from this show. Bruno, Carrie Anne and Len have such good chemistry, I'd hate to see that changed or ruined. No other dancing show or even reality music and entertainment show can live up to this–the music, costumes, professional dancers and celebrity contestants have been getting better and better every season! Please ABC–keep it on indefinitely!

May 22, 2013 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Pam

I'm so happy that Kelli won, I'm not a big Derek fan, he's a bit conceited, great dancer but so are the others. I don't believe Zendaya should have been on the show at all, she was too young and Val had to be more than careful about how he choreographed the dancers and his holds. This show should be for adults, 18 and older. If the younger ones want a dance show, start one for their age group and the style of dances they do. Zendaya is a great dancer there's no doubt and was mature for her age, but doesn't belong on a show with adults, sorry but most everyone I know that watched said the same thing.

May 22, 2013 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jannynet

There is so little said about the fact that Zendaya dances professionally. Kellie was not a dancer when she started but she sure proved her ability to learn and absorb Dereks choreography which has been outstanding since he started the show. Her personality was portrayed in all of her dances.

May 22, 2013 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  47. denise

Zendaya has dance experience so she had an advantage. Kellie had no dance experience at all so she showed the most improvement week after week. They were both good but I felt Kellie was what the show is really about (someone with no dance experience improving each week) Just like when Derek won with Nicole S, it wasn't really fair since she had a lot of dance experience. I am not a Derek fan but I felt Kellie deserved the win.

May 22, 2013 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • cinephilemama

Kelli was a cheerleader. She had plenty of experience dancing and learning choreography routines. I'm not sure why people freaked out about Zendaya having "dance experience," anyway. Lance Bass had dance experience, and he didn't win. Neither did Joey Fatone. What about Jennifer Grey? She starred in the most iconic dance movie of all time, but apparently her dance experience was no big deal, right? You're saying Zendaya shouldn't have won because she had dance experience, but there have been tons of celebrities on the show who have extensive dance experience- far more than some 16-year-old kid who does juvenile dancing on a tween Disney show- and many of them did not win.

May 23, 2013 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
  48. citizenUSA

Yeah, I think the right ones won. I really don't understand how guys like Derrick, Mark and a couple of others, stay on the show. They've all been ballroom dancing for years. Derrick and Mark have such tremendous creativity, I think DWTS is holding them back They always get chastized because of their unorthodoxed approach creating a routine. I like some of the ballroom dances, especially the Latin ones. It's actually kinda boring just seeing the same dances. DWTS has taken some steps to freshen up the show. Some of it was ridiculous, (like dancing 2 styles in one routine), and some was good, (like adding new dance styles). I don't know if they are all considered "ballroom". And that's where I think a change would be beneficial. It's not called, "Ballroom Dancing With the Stars", or, "Strickly Come Ballroom Dancing", so open it up to just "dancing". Let these kids get their creative juices flowing. Although I do understand there has to be some conformity to be able to judge, I think there is lots of room for changing things around. Let the stars dance with stars and judge the pros on how well they trained them, is one idea.

May 22, 2013 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • citizenUSA

I know, I spelled Derek's name with the other version. Sorry.

May 22, 2013 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dancingirl

How about a season of only lady stars and then one of only guys? Let the judges compare apples to apples. After all, Fred Astaire got all the credit while Ginger Rogers did the same steps (with more spins) backwards and in heels.

May 22, 2013 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  49. I'd like too date maks...yea maks...

he'd make one scream in bed....i can tell...we older girls can tell

May 22, 2013 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  50. LucyRicardo

I love this show and look forward to Monday AND Tuesday nights. The only thing I would change is the Macy's Stars of Dance. I would rather watch the DWTS pros do those production numbers instead. The pros are great and I love their personalities. But some are a little weak in choreography and should probably work with a coach-choreographer. I really don't want to see this show go off the air - just not opposite The Voice because I enjoy that show also. And I agree. They need better choices with some of the contestants. Though I really enjoyed all of them this time, it was a much weaker cast than prior seasons.

May 22, 2013 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Trezenai

Congrats Kellie & Derek! Truly amazing performances. I agree it all depends on who U R paired with, who wins!
    The show is somewhat unfair to that degree!

May 22, 2013 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  52. I'm a former analyst

its not robotic...its called next quarter too year end outlook....heck we're in 1Q 2014 already....

May 22, 2013 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Shar

This season was not particularly the best season out of all seasons. After Season 14 with the likes of Actor Jack Wagner, Melissa Gilbert, Sherri Shepherd, Jaleel White, Martina Navratilova, Maria Menounos, Motown great Gladys Knight, Katherine Jenkins, Roshon Fegan, Donald Driver, Gavin DeGraw and William Levy I don't think their has been a cast better since then.

Yes, there were some stars that tugged at my heart strings such as Andy Dick, he so needed this for his emotional heatlh and Dorthy Hammel whos early departure was sad. They need to step it up with more recongnizable faces and yes adding some serious biceps does not hurt with the likes of William Levy!

As for the judges, I think they are great. Carrie Ann may have been a "Fly Girl" but she did do dancing in her career. You always have to have a curmugeon in every one and Len fits that bill well.

As much as I love DWTS, I am glad they are cutting back the shows, because too much of a good thing can get really old.

May 22, 2013 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • LucyRicardo

Yup . . . I fully agree. But I think of all the judges, Bruno is the most knowledgeable, even though he is over the top most of the time. Carrie Ann is getting a little too giggly and dramatic to the point where it seems forced at times.

May 22, 2013 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  54. R. AtO1

Best show on tv...i enjoy watching dancers.

May 22, 2013 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Rag

Derek is my favorite...i'd love to go with him

May 22, 2013 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Rlg

Time to get some new judges! Since day 1 it's been same old, same old! I do feel Derek and Kellie deserved to win. He's an excellent dancer and obviously a great teacher. I'd also like to see his sister, Julieanne return to DWTS.

May 22, 2013 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Pam

Zendra never should have been on the show. She is a Disney Dancer and Actor. Kelli deserved to win since she was out of her element and was great. Start the season with less dancers and make it one hour. Less drama and chit chat when scores are given out. The judges can all stay. I just hated watching 3 hours a week,

May 22, 2013 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  58. TVM

The show is hot in the ratings and always will be.

May 22, 2013 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  59. deb0155

It's time to get rid of the show entirely! It is old and stanky!

May 22, 2013 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Geemac

I agree about Derek getting partners that have ability and Zendaya should have won. I would get rid of Carrie Ann before Len or Bruno. She is so nit-picky and phony with her weeping and comments.

May 22, 2013 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jujubeans

You must be female. No red-blooded male would want to get rid of Carrie Ann!

May 22, 2013 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • MAC4LIFE

nit picky people tend too be jealous so one has too indentify..is it nit picky or jealousy...i am not either so i could care less.

May 22, 2013 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Donna Thompson

If someone thinks Derek cannot dance, then they do not know a thing about dancing. First and foremost, he is an excellent teacher and dancer and deserves the trophies he has won with his partners (who he has taught !!). Kellie and Derek were a wonderful twosome and tore up each and every dance they did the whole season. Kellie was perfection throughout the whole season. I agree Zendeya was great as her partner, but Kellie was more than amazing, she was PERFECTION!!!

May 22, 2013 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  62. JK

Not counting the votes was ridiculous. Derek is never handicapped,..Let him be paired with a Cloris Leachman and see if he is so marvelous... he always gets somone with ability....Done with this show....Will watch something else on Monday night from now on

May 22, 2013 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • CAA

Agree with you on this one JK. By the way he is really not that great as an instructor, there are others on that show that are better.

May 22, 2013 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Glenda L.

I am thrilled that Kellie and Derek won. I do agree however, that the judges need replacing, especially Len who is so hateful with his comments.

May 22, 2013 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • meadowsea

I love Len - his comments usually have the most substance and provide honest feedback, rather than the useless hot air decorated with pretty words that typically come out of Bruno's mouth. Carrie Ann occasionally gives good feedback as well, but she holds back because she wants to be a "nice" judge.

May 22, 2013 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Mona

I haven't watched a show for several years now b/c of Len Goodman....he is the most arrogant person I have ever
    encountered. The only thing I do do, is, look to see who has won. Derek is a great dancer as are all the other dancers
    (Pro's) on the show I woulld have loved to hear another pro like Mark Ballas win, or any other one...but, Derek puts
    200% so he deserves what he gets. Get rid of Len!

May 22, 2013 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Veeblefester

DWTS is not dancing. It's "Having a Seizure in Fancy Clothes".

May 22, 2013 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • HeyEugene

Seizures are not joke-worthy....something you would know if you ever had one, or 100, or even knew anyone who suffered from them. Please use a different visual concept when you want to appear funny.

May 22, 2013 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • kristine

What an ignorant statement. Have you ever known anyone who has epilepsy, or some type of seizure disorder?

May 23, 2013 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  66. Jim

Zendaya should have won ... the show will have a 17th season, but I will not be watching, for Zendaya was the best dancer that I have ever seen of all the seasons and she got no credit for it. Len needs to be replaced with his 11 remark about kellie and derek dancing...I thought it was a 7 that night! On Monday nights there are two programs I will be watching ..... by by dancing with the cegars

May 22, 2013 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • CAA

I will no longer be watching DWTS for all the same reasons Jim.

May 22, 2013 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Edie

You are crazy Jim! Zendaya shouldn't have even been on the show. Way to young! Val was unlucky getting paired with her. Derek and Kellie deserved to win they were the most consistent with their dancing.

May 23, 2013 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |
  67. Kita

Derek needs to be given a handicap at this point. He's good, but that's only half of it. When someone like Tony gets paired with an older woman who clearly won't last more than three-four weeks while Derek's landed with a fit 20-something, there's a sense of futility from the start.

Also, if any of the judges leave, PLEASE let it be Carrie-Ann. Len's the only competent judge they have right now, and in a toss-up between Bruno and Carrie-Ann, I'd rather keep the judge who doesn't have tearful breakdowns every other week before sobbing about "baring your soul".

May 22, 2013 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shar.

May 22, 2013 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jujubeans

Oh no, they've got to keep Carrie Ann, she's hot!

May 22, 2013 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • meadowsea

I agree with Kita and Shar. As for your comment, Jujubeans - since when is the pro ballroom dance world short of "hot" females?!

May 23, 2013 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  68. martin

Glad they won. Sometimes, the winner is voted in by popularity.
    This time they got if right.
    The winner and second place were well deserved.

May 22, 2013 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  69. L Wicks

I wanted Kelly to win and when the last few minutes came on, the Canadian News jumped in right at 11. Didn't see the ending. So I think I can tape Saturdays shoe, hope to see ending then.

May 22, 2013 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  70. Denise

Love the show, love Derek and go Kellie!! There's a reason Derek has won 4 mirror ball trophies. He is simply a fabulous dancer and he is a huge part of the show. CONGRATS DEREK AND KELLIE!!! Well done.

May 22, 2013 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Jannynet

Not only is Derek an excellent dancer, he is a fantastic coach and teacher. He treats his partners with respect and the results are obvious. I've loved Kellie since she was on Idol and was delighted to see her win. She did some beautiful routines and put a lot of spark in her faster dances. Again, a talented lady with an excellent teacher. Results – Winning!!!

May 22, 2013 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  71. K Joseph

I would like to have voting begin at the end of the show not during. I agree about the need for new judges and pros, This show has become more of a popularity contest than a dancing contest. More so each year. Zendaya should have won, in my opinion. She seemed more consistent. Derek needs to find another job. If he appears next season I will not be watching.

May 22, 2013 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |