Peter Dinklage isn't buying his sex symbol status
April 18th, 2013

Peter Dinklage isn't buying his sex symbol status

Although the Internet would like to think so, Peter Dinklage tells Playboy he isn't getting nearly as ... far with the ladies, let's say, as has been suggested.

In the magazine's new issue, the "Game of Thrones" star plays 20 questions, one of which refers to a YouTube video that suggests playing Tyrion Lannister on the HBO series has made Dinklage pretty promiscuous.

Dinklage, who's married with a baby girl, responded with his trademark wit:

"It depends ... Is it a metaphor, like for gardening? Because if that's the case, then yes, I've been doing a lot of gardening lately. If they mean sex, they might be getting me confused with somebody else."

And when Playboy pointed out that he's considered a "DwILF," Dinklage playfully demurred there as well.

"DwILF, as in Dwarf I'd Like to [you can fill in the blank]? That's very clever," the 43-year-old said. "Honestly, I think there's an irony in all of this. I take it with a grain of salt. They'll say, 'Oh, he's sexy,' but women still go for guys who are 6'2. It's nice that people are thinking outside the box, but I don't believe any of it for a minute."

Filed under: Celebrities • Game of Thrones • television

1. Jon Froeschle

Gardening is an endless job, with many pitfalls. It doesn't take much to completely ruin a beautiful garden by planting the wrong plants, or not planting them correctly. We have plenty of articles to make sure that everything goes as planned. From planting to weeding and poisons to plant food. Never worry that you will get it wrong when you have a resource like directweb helping you.:.

My own, personal web blog
    <http://www.melatoninfaq.com/

May 7, 2013 at 7:25 am | Report abuse |
  2. Lexxi

I think he's totally hot, or should I say Tyrion Lannister is. I think its sad that he doesn't get why women would be attracted to him, as though height is the only thing that matters.

April 27, 2013 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Lori

No, I am not attracted to him but I find him to be very entertaining.

April 22, 2013 at 3:13 am | Report abuse |
  4. MI MACHINE

the machine goes forward...hangups and hacking...

April 21, 2013 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  5. danimal79

I adore Peter Dinklage. My husband is 6'1" so, yes I do like tall men, but that doesn't mean I couldn't or wouldn't find a shorter man attractive. Peter Dinklage is brilliant and witty..two attributes that make him very attractive to me. And, on the superficial side of things, I think he has a really handsome face..and amazing eyes. I have a big crush on him and would be completely star-struck if I ever saw him in person!

April 21, 2013 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Sherri

Loved him since The Station Agent. Yes, part is his personality, but I like his face also. I'd like to see him in more films.

April 20, 2013 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Sokman

Dude is awesome. He has made Tyrion the best & deepest character of Game of Thrones. You want to hate him simply because he's a Lannister, but he wont let you. & if Mini-Me can have a cex tape, why couldnt Dinklage get all the tail he wanted? Sounds happily married though & thats cool too. Peter Dinklage is a horrible name though, on many different levels. But thats just me being immature & shallow

April 19, 2013 at 2:04 am | Report abuse |
  8. Diana

From the roles that he has played, the impression is that he is sensitive, kind and extremely smart. Women LOVE those qualities.

April 19, 2013 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |