April 10th, 2013

Lohan tears up talking rehab with Letterman

The idea of Lindsay Lohan appearing on "Letterman," with not much to promote but her recent plea deal, initially caused some to think it was another April Fool's joke. (She did try to pull a pregnancy prank, after all.)

But no, the Lohan appearance was really on the schedule, and the 26-year-old actress showed up as planned - even early! This being David Letterman, he didn't waste any time fooling with nonsense questions.

"You look remarkably well," he told her, as he went on to read from a list of jokes he's made about her in the past, some true and some not. Lohan, for the duration of the interview, tried to match Letterman's cool attitude, joking along with him when he asked if she "routinely goes around grabbing stuff."

"Aren't you supposed to be in rehab?" he asked, but Lohan held her ground. "Do you not watch anything that goes on? May 2," she responded, adding that she'll be in for a three-month stint. As for how many times she's been, the actress just leaves it at "several."

That's when Letterman, according to the actress, went off-road from what had been discussed in the pre-interview.

"He wanted to know what I think to be honest I'm happiest when I'm working and healthiest, and I think this is an opportunity for me to focus on what I love in life. I don't think it's a bad thing, I think it's a blessing."

But when Letterman pressed on, asking pointedly about what she's being treated for and showing her a list of things she's endured, Lohan stopped trying to squirm out of responding by reminding him that she was there promoting "Scary Movie 5."

"I thought you were going to be nice!" she said, looking over his list of topics, pausing on the question of why she's always in trouble.

"I don't know, I couldn't answer that," Lohan said. "I'm a target, I've always been. ... I take full responsibility for it, and it wasn't funny, and I was being immature, and I was going through a phase and I had a lot of family stuff going on and things in life, and you grow up and you mature. And I've said that a million times, and I know that, but what else am I supposed to say when it's a process of life? I'm not trying to deny anything or any situation that I've been in."

Although she said she's fine with making light of herself, by the end of the interview, Lohan was tearing up.

"We never thought we'd see you again, honestly, because of the jokes and stuff," Letterman told her. "But you have enough spine, enough sense of yourself, enough poise to come out here and talk to me."

Lohan's movie with Charlie Sheen, "Scary Movie 5," opens Friday.

Watch the interview below:

« Previous entry
  1. Bar

gods honest truth...walked into pete house of grill and someone sang well hello dolly its so nice to have you back where belooooonnnng......pinky swear--oh....Lindsey needs a makeover she looks filthy

May 6, 2013 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  2. aj

One day at a time lindsey.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

May 6, 2013 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  3. seo

Youre so awesome! I dont suppose Ive boltkore learn anything like this before. So good to search out somebody with some unique ideas on this topic. realy thanks for starting this up. this web site is one thing that's needed on the internet, someone with a bit of originality. helpful job for bringing something new to the internet! seo http://fiverr.com/twnseobacklink

April 24, 2013 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  4. donata q---at the end of the day...its still hacked in...

bye Lindsey

April 13, 2013 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  5. JOANNA

ALL WAS ACCURATE...THANKS

April 12, 2013 at 6:49 am | Report abuse |
  6. Stephane Mallarme

Lindsay looks gorgeous.......I watched this one in the Tv show recaps that was shown.

April 12, 2013 at 6:46 am | Report abuse |
  7. Dig further its looking like a home run...

good work

April 11, 2013 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Flatso

Its looking more and more like lindsey every hour

April 11, 2013 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Lohan's sister is involved also...another ho

=

April 11, 2013 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Meh

Just about anything including (almost) murder on her sheet but she still gets work...ahhh america

April 11, 2013 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Tea

Oh seriously guys, knock it off. lindsey is no worse than the rest of us. I'm sure half of you people commenting about how horrible she is, are planning to snort your coke soon. ._. hypocrites.

April 11, 2013 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Dick

Here's the thing, Tea. Maybe we did make mistakes in our past, but usually one mistake was enough for us to learn our lesson. She is a drug abuser, alcoholic, petty thief, with selective morals. She gets caught, and the court system slaps her little hand. She cries every time on how she's learned her lesson, then a few weeks later, does something else. She deserves all the ridicule that she is receiving.

April 11, 2013 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  12. Fair Game

The courts have failed big time too by not putting her away either in Jail or Rehab to sober up!! Her sprial behaviour has been going on for years in the courts however, if she was treated like anyone else off the street she would of had sometime to reflect, perhaps better her life...either sitting in Jail or Rehab would of taken her away from the crazy parties and could of possibly turnaround to soberness!

April 11, 2013 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  13. ChimChim

With all the silicone and filler in her face I'm surprised her tear ducts still work.

April 11, 2013 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
  14. hannah

How about keeping this piece of trash OUT of the media for a change? We are all so sick of her attention-getting antics. She is a pig, a loser and a has-been, all through her own doing. Enough of this garbage already.

April 11, 2013 at 8:11 am | Report abuse |
  15. Reader

I see nothing but bullies on this page! People that have never met this young lady but feel like they have the right to ridicule her because she's a known figure. People forget that "celebrities" are humans as well and they surf the web like you and I. Shame. She seemed very modest and sincere to me. I wish her well and the best. And the rest of you filled with hate and insecurities. You're making your bed, one day you will have to lay in it. You cant hide behind the computer and a anonymous name for long.

April 11, 2013 at 2:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Margaret

who said she was hiding....

April 11, 2013 at 3:45 am | Report abuse |
    • jade

Have YOU met her? This drugged-out piece of trash has not one redeeming quality. Remember when she had "F" and "U" painted on her nails in court for the benefit of the judge? This is not a person to defend. Her publicists are telling her: "Go on some talk shows, cry a little, and look humble". Best acting she has ever done! May she rot in rehab!

April 11, 2013 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
    • she is not a human...

her DNA confirms that she is an entirely different species, possibly of alien origin.

April 11, 2013 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  16. me

rehab may 2, the absolute latest she can get away with showing up. she isn't serious at all about changing.

April 11, 2013 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  17. Tim

Get a life people and leave the girl alone

April 10, 2013 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  18. jbg757

If she'd only grow up. She's not the greatest actress in the world so why must she always act like a 12-year -old teenager?

April 10, 2013 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Uhhhh....did you mean 13?

13 is the first year you're a teenager. At 12 you're still a kid.

April 11, 2013 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  19. maria

David was a real BULLY a piece of art ,really the way he conduct himself with this girl was not that nice ,I don't care about Lindsey Lohan but she is woman and a man like this one should show respect for her,he was laughfing make fun of her ,her rehablitation he was not professional he disrespect her not matter who she is ...when he had Oprah's interview he was askerd planly how he was cheating in his wife or how he was sleeping with his gilrs emplyoyees just because is David Letterman he was not a gentleman he was a BULLY! I don't waych his how I saw the news about it ,dislike his show never watch it never will!

April 10, 2013 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Andrew

Shouldn't she be in jail by now? If any of us "normal" people did even half the garbage she's done, we'd be in jail. But nooooooo, she's a celebrity, so we're all supposed to feel sorry for her. What a bunch of crap.

April 10, 2013 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  21. ddd

She could probably have a great career if she could clean up her bad habits.

April 10, 2013 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Semore Butz

Judging from these comments, someone has a whole lot of time on their hands.

April 10, 2013 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Sand in my junk

Massengill - take me away!

April 10, 2013 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  24. grow up

Seriously people, grow up. It's like you are wanting her to fail. Addiction is scary stuff. I can't believe how mean people are on here. Lindsey, I wish you well. Hang in there, give it all you got and give them hell. Work hard in rehab and show everyone a success story. Give them hope.

April 10, 2013 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bhee

Yes, she was such a good child actress but she got lost when she grew up. We should all just pray for her instead of hating her. That's what she really needs now.

April 10, 2013 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom Bergeron

My little piece of pork is standing at erection right now! and my underwear are too tight

April 11, 2013 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Elizabeth Close

Stop being so hateful people. I do hope she gets better and realizes her worth is not based on other's opinions.

April 10, 2013 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • free7

Stop being so gullible shes acting. She clearly does not care about getting better.

April 10, 2013 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  26. kv

Addiction sucks no matter how much money you have.

April 10, 2013 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  27. ph

pure looooooser.

April 10, 2013 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  28. CRYING!? There's no CRYING on Letterman!!

Sheesh!

April 10, 2013 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Macmb

Like in that movie Flight, i think she drinks a lot of booze and then does a few lines to look and feel sober.

April 10, 2013 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Tanker

She was a cute kid, but she is neither cute nor a kid anymore.

This many trips to rehab, that many trips to court, and now you don't remember the joke but you do remember "Lindsay Lohan" is the punchline.

Amy Winehouse, move over...

April 10, 2013 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom Bergeron

I know it, I soo wanted to bone her when she was young!! I wacked off many times to her.

April 11, 2013 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Shikabane Hime

1) She looked ROUGH
    2) What the hell is she doing OUT of rehab? Wasnt she just sent not more than two weeks ago?
    3) Why is she even in the press circuit, what WORK has she done recently to promote?
    4) Seriously, her face was as bloated as a Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloon and that is indicative of some medical reaction to something.

April 10, 2013 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Keith

I guess I still feel sorry for her though she now annoys me to no end. It's pretty sad, her family is a trainwreck and her parents are just the sleaziest people....

April 10, 2013 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Emily

Why is her face so fat?

April 10, 2013 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  34. Sadie

This girl is one hot mess, and I've never been a fan. I do have to give her credit for being on Letterman, and kind of facing her demons on national tv. I hope, for her sake, that rehab is going to finally open her eyes on the destructive path she has been on. Although, with her track record, I got a feeling we haven't heard the last of her misadventures. Some people just never learn until it is really too late. Time will tell.

April 10, 2013 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  35. Ian

I wish they would sentence her to several years in prison.

April 10, 2013 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Bob N. Ferapples

Me too, then make an NC-17 rated movie about it. Lindsay could star as herself. The casting possibilities for supporting female inmates is limitless.

April 10, 2013 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  36. Cherrie

Why is her face all swollen? My ex husband looked like that after he'd been drunk for a long time.

April 10, 2013 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Bob N. Ferapples

Bloodshot watery eyes, puffy face, ruddy complexion - she has definitely been hitting the sauce. She was probably half in the bag when they taped the show yesterday.

April 10, 2013 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Stating The Obvious

She's bloated because she IS drunk all of the time...

April 10, 2013 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Steve

I think instead of bringing people down with all the bad talk from above and placing judgement on someone, which we all really need to get a way from, I encourage her to do what she needs to pull her life back together and wish her nothing but the best.

April 10, 2013 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Jan

Me too. Her face looks all poofy like she is retaining water. Maybe they will put her in jail where she can loose weight.

April 10, 2013 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  38. carlos aponte

She looked wonderful genuine besides look we all know her work on big screen. God love you Lyndsay if for any reason u need a chaufer gofer guy I am ur man. I love you and everything you do. you are a star.....

April 10, 2013 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
    • hannah

Seriously? If we never again see this piece of garbage on tv and in the media, it will be too soon

April 11, 2013 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Tom Bergeron

Carlos – did you eat alot of paint chips when you were a kid? You must be retarded

April 11, 2013 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  39. RanLo

What a Train Wreck! Comments above make me want to puke!

April 10, 2013 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  40. Trish

Did you hear about her allegedly stealing jewelry and clothing from the Scary Movie 5 set? She really needs some jail time but it will probably never happen.

April 10, 2013 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  41. Sara

I feel very bad for her. This is touching.

April 10, 2013 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Tree

I dont feel bad for her, everyone got a story to tell. She has been getting away with this forever. I am so sick of the rich or the stars??? getting away because of their stats. She knows what she is doing but the system keep letting her go. Treatment is not going to help she been there more than 3 time, She a theft amoung other things. She needs to go to JAIL...........just like the everyday people do when they do the same thing.

April 10, 2013 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |