'Glee' star Cory Monteith checks into rehab
April 1st, 2013

'Glee' star Cory Monteith checks into rehab

"Glee" actor Cory Monteith, who's portrayed Finn Hudson on the Fox comedy since it began in 2009, has checked into rehab.

A rep tells CNN that the 30-year-old has voluntarily entered a treatment facility for substance addiction.

"He graciously asks for your respect and privacy as he takes the necessary steps towards recovery," Monteith's rep says in a statement.

Monteith has been frank about his struggles with substance abuse, telling Parade magazine in 2011 that he began using drugs at 13, and by 19 went into rehab after his mother and friends intervened.

"I’m lucky on so many counts - I’m lucky to be alive," Monteith said at the time. "I had a serious problem."

As Monteith's present efforts at recovery have become public, his girlfriend and co-star Lea Michele is standing behind him. The 26-year-old actress, who began publicly dating Monteith in 2012, tweeted on Sunday that she's feeling "so grateful."

"I love and support Cory and will stand by him through this," she added to People magazine. "I am grateful and proud that he made this decision."

Monteith, it seems, is feeling the same gratitude.

"[S]uch a beautiful day!" he tweeted on March 28. "Truly seeing the forest for the trees. #gratitude"

1. http://tinyurl.com/cheap-stuff-bargains

naturally like your web-site however you have to test the spelling on several of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling problems and I find it very bothersome to tell the truth however I'll certainly come again again.

July 15, 2013 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Repair Manuals

It's really a great and useful piece of info. I am satisfied that you just shared this useful info with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

July 15, 2013 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  3. wow is he cute who is that?

April 3, 2013 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  4. M.A.P.

Does he always look that smashed or is he just really high at this event?

April 3, 2013 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  5. Seminole5Alpha

She is yummy...

April 2, 2013 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  6. DFWDelia

I love Glee! I'm hoping for a quick recovery for Cory!

April 2, 2013 at 1:29 am | Report abuse |
  7. Jim

"Truly seeing the forest for the trees" sounds wonderful, but makes absolutely no sense.

April 1, 2013 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jon

This is getting old. Show me an article about a celebrity that ISN'T going into rehab for something. It'll save me some time...

A lot of this garbage has to be an act. Why is it that none of these people can be smart with their money, and not do terrible things to themselves? Its almost like they accept it as part of "celebrity culture", and it gets their name in the press more often.

And before any of your fools give me that, "If you don't care, why'd you read the article?" BS, I wanted to know what the ramifications on the show would be when he went to rehab. I happen to like the show.... don't give a s–t about him really...

April 1, 2013 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Randy

Show me a show that people in their 20's can stop acting like teens

April 1, 2013 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brad76

Celebrities aren't the only ones with addiction issues, you would be shocked to learn how many people in our society are addicted to drugs and/or alcohol. The issue has become epidemic now that people are getting addicted to prescription drugs.

April 1, 2013 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • agreed...

the person has too admit they have the addiction....once they realize it then they can move forward...if they do not feel they need help nothing will stop them they will continue their life style.......i have helped a number of people with alcohol and some drug addiction....(truth)....i have helped some people without rehab and some i decided needed further help....but forcing the person too stop will never work....

April 1, 2013 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Addiction

i did not say STOP i said in moderation...i will let you get plastered on Christmas, new years and those silly statues and rings those silly sports people win.....if your a woman you can get plastered at fashion week.

April 1, 2013 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Obamaphone

This Obamaphone thing is all an act. I actually voted for him twice. I even volunteered in the Obama / Biden campaign headquarters in my hometown.

April 1, 2013 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  10. BytemeAgain

Who?

April 1, 2013 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  11. hemusbull

Very important is the fact he understands his addiction and accept his need of rehab...Good luck!

April 1, 2013 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  12. liamnc

Good for him. Checking yourself into rehab is a big step. I hope he is able to get and stay clean.

April 1, 2013 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Robert

What ever happened to people's compassion towards others? If you do not like the show then do not watch it. Remember that Jesus said judge not lest ye also be judged? And the US claims to be such a religious nation? How about a nation of shallow judgemental people?

April 1, 2013 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Larry

Many of the comments shown here are pathetic. You folks need to get a life. There is nothing to be gained by being un-feeling and nasty. Life will be a sour experience for many of you.
    This young man has actually accomplished something. This young man also has an addiction problem. The woman in the picture is his co-star and his girlfriend. She is giving him her support and for what it's worth, he has mine.
    Glee has had a huge impact for the good in many people's lives. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

April 1, 2013 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  15. San Jose

He's had problems with meth in the past. Best of luck to him, that stuff is pure evil.

April 1, 2013 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Timmy

That girl he is with is cute.

April 1, 2013 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |