February 27th, 2013

Watch: Kristen Stewart explains 'Twilight' stutter

It took more than a pair of colored contacts to transform Kristen Stewart's "Twilight" character, Bella Swan, into the vampire Bella Cullen.

As the 22-year-old actress explains in a special feature clip from the DVD/Blu-ray edition of the final "Twilight" installment, she had to ditch the quirks that came naturally to her in order to portray an assured, super-strong and speedy vamp.

"I've yet to play somebody who was a huge departure for me. I mean, to be completely still and controlled, and to know that your mind works faster," Stewart said of the character transition. "Being a clumsy person, it's not the easiest thing to do. The way I usually learn my lines is I learn the idea, which is why I stutter a lot in 'Twilight.'"

Check out how Stewart adjusted to her new character in the clip above. "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2" will be released on Blu-ray, DVD, digital download and video on demand March 2.

Filed under: Celebrities • movies • Twilight

1. Mr.Wilson

Heheeh, i have a information for you!! view here http://bit.ly/ZM5RJP (Please not click or you suck)! Mr.Wilson http://bit.ly/ZM5RJP

April 26, 2013 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |
  2. seo

Fantastic website. A great deal of useful info here. I'm sending it to a number of friends ans also sharing in delicious. And obviously, thanks for your sweat! seo http://fiverr.com/twnseobacklink

April 24, 2013 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Where is Truth?

So this is what adults do with their time? Comment on a young 22's life- grading her abilities and mapping out her future along with snipnets of bodily function talk. What a great group with a need to be heard and nothing to say. I know that as long as I have never walked in Kristen's shoes, Jennifer's Lawrence's, Julia Robert's, or Anne Hathaway's I never have a right to criticize. From what I can tell of Kristen Stewart she is a very hard worker, who loves to act and I think is very good. She's young and I think will be around long past Twilight- she likes the business and has earned her place as an actress and that she will do. She's not interested in being a star to please the critics- she will get to do what she loves and I think she will be gracious and thankful. I know she certainly admits her mistakes and doesn't try to pretend she didn't make them or blame anyone else. Much more mature than adults talking about poop.

March 23, 2013 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  4. crane hire london

I believe this internet site contains some real excellent information for everyone. "A man's dreams are an index to his greatness." by Zadok Rabinwitz. crane hire london http://crane-hire-uk.blogspot.co.uk/

March 13, 2013 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  5. hacked games

Great weblog right here! Also your web site quite a bit up very fast! What web host are you using? Can I get your affiliate link for your host? I want my site loaded up as fast as yours lol

March 11, 2013 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
  6. Perv

WHOO HOO! Kristen shows her pert little jiggly wigglys in that new Kerouac movie. POKIES FOREVER!!!!!! *SPROINGGGGGG*

March 4, 2013 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Meh

Harry Potter > whatever this series is called

March 4, 2013 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  8. Tug Romney

This whole pop-culture vampire thing has gotten ridiculous and has got to end immediately. Somewhere, actual vampires are spinning in their graves over the unrealistic stupidity of it all.

March 4, 2013 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  9. emma got set up for 48 hrs.

that's why emma is hated by hollywood and disgusted with her.....Potter wins hands down...

your and your fat little contact offically do not know what they are doing...and emma you will give hand it too us.

March 4, 2013 at 6:57 am | Report abuse |
  10. M.A.P. (Mothers against poo)

Poo is smelly

March 4, 2013 at 6:46 am | Report abuse |
  11. Kristen proves

she is a continued disgrace to hollywood. get this women off the charts once and for all.

March 3, 2013 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  12. MOMMY ON CHAIR IN HOME...

SO I GUESS THAT MEANS YES UPSTAIRS.

March 3, 2013 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  13. BASEMENT MOVIES OF ME CHANGING?

DIG

March 3, 2013 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Basement

you can't fk with 49

March 3, 2013 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Kate and her low end friends...

camera through phone.

March 3, 2013 at 6:59 am | Report abuse |
  16. kate and her low end friends.

140,000 viewers-who cares-not impressed....

March 3, 2013 at 6:58 am | Report abuse |
  17. kate and her low end friends...

they must grasping onto straws trying too hold onto their husbands and boyfriends....please god even at my age when i get back into a relationship do NOT ever allow me to become them...never.

March 3, 2013 at 6:52 am | Report abuse |
  18. 1 Step Closer Closer too

victory--told you she was going too hand it all too me.

March 3, 2013 at 5:26 am | Report abuse |
  19. loo

for trappie not other.

March 2, 2013 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  20. where is jamal?

March 2, 2013 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Captain Actress

Kristen needs better acting skills like kim kardashian

March 2, 2013 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  22. GTFO

SHE TUFF....WONDER IF BOYFRIEND KNOWS 1/2 THIS STUFF....

March 2, 2013 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Kristen

is unappealing to everyone..just ignore her hacking azz–she's a useless pig.

March 2, 2013 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  24. NotAppealing

alot of people do not find her appealing...she knows it i'm sure but she will not change.

March 2, 2013 at 6:27 am | Report abuse |
  25. Megan Fox

Stop making me look bad!!

March 1, 2013 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Hot Carl

Never saw her act, but I'll watch her when Vivid signs her to her first movie!

March 1, 2013 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Hot Carl

That's not a forehead, that's a FIVEhead, LMFAO!
    Why is Justin Beiber so pale? There's no lights in the closet!

March 1, 2013 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  28. SixDegrees

Uh...what?

March 1, 2013 at 2:53 am | Report abuse |
  29. Alvarez

I heard she smelled like poop.

February 28, 2013 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Kristen will always be working..

because she has it. sure she made a couple of mistakes..but i've see far worse then that....
    she makes a mistake and fixes....she certainly is not going too worry about judgmental people
    who have no class....let's face folks this is 2013 and we don't have too take it.

February 28, 2013 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Deal With It...

she is talented and always working...most of these bloggers are jealous....best of luck Kristen

February 28, 2013 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Ryan Miller

She is good looking, has ok talent, but yes no personality.
    I know she let all her fans down when she pulled a Mariah
    and slept with her manager guy but let's not hate her too bad.
    The only reason she looked like a cracked out mumbler at the
    Oscars was she most likely was on a ton of painkillers for a
    injured foot.

February 28, 2013 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Jim

You know what cracks me up. All these people posting that she has no talent. Yet she is constantly in movies that are on the big screen, making millions of dollars, and most of you probably work at gamestop lol

February 28, 2013 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marti

Yet here you are finding time to post on a forum in between acting in critically clamed movies.

February 28, 2013 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Agrav8td

She must have a good agent. She's a forgettable actress who's lucky enough to land some decent roles.

February 28, 2013 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  35. BobbaFett

"I've yet to play somebody who was a huge departure for me."

Yup. Sign of a non-actress.

February 28, 2013 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Jane Reyka

Talent – 5
    Looks – 5
    Personality – 0

February 28, 2013 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Jean Claude

I've enjoyed every movie I've seen that she has appeared in recently. I enjoyed all of the twilight movies. The Yellow Hankerchief was amazing and Welcome to the Rileys was compelling acting as well.
    The girl has talent. And anyone that thinks she's not attractive has a valid opinion just like anyone else. But the numerous magazines and fashion blogs that show her in pictorial after pictorial as a glamour model would tend to disagree with you. She's beautiful.
    Now as a person...yes I have some issues with her. She's slovenly and appears lazy much of the time...but I don't work 18+ hour days like she does. I wont judge her until walking in her shoes. My opinion she's pretty kewl.

February 28, 2013 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
    • sam

She only has one facial expression. It's like her blood is made of Botox.

February 28, 2013 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  38. insidenatashashead

well that explains alot....i still like her acting better in the last 3 movies. The first one is awkward to watch now and now i know why. and kudos kristen for braving the Oscars on crutches!

February 28, 2013 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  39. iamanillusion

So how does she explain the "twilight stutter"/mannerisms, lack of acting in all her other roles?

Oh wait.. she's not acting.. Look at her interviews on tv, same mannerisms as what we see on screen.

Can't. Act.
    Not. Acting.
    Just repeating lines.

February 28, 2013 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  40. SL

How does anything she said explain her stutter?

February 28, 2013 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  41. Jowl

"Sure, I'd love to come over & do a Twilight marathon with you"... said no straight guy ever.

February 28, 2013 at 5:19 am | Report abuse |
  42. Daddy

If it wasn't for daddy being an entertainment lawyer, nobody would have heard of her. She is the worst actress I have ever seen in movies. EVER. Name one that is worse. I dare you. And she's high all the time – which would be funny if she was competent and not a mean, awful human being.

February 28, 2013 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Raven

Really? Know her that well personally, do you? And her father is not an entertainment lawyer, do your homework. She's been a working acress for years, and is stil highly sought-after, and this 40-something has seen too many movies to mention, and she (Kristen) does rather well, comparatively, to most acresses out today or previously. Keep your personal venom to yourself; it isnt constructive dialogue.

February 28, 2013 at 1:55 am | Report abuse |
    • These aren't the drones you're looking for

Pia Zadora.

February 28, 2013 at 3:36 am | Report abuse |
    • bowiemom

Wrose actress??? Try Denise Richards as a Bond girl... if I had time... could come up with a list of worse actresses.

February 28, 2013 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
    • MC

Her father worked in television as stage manager and producer, half-wit. He's not a lawyer.

February 28, 2013 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Peace

Ya know, I haven't seen 1 of those Twilight movies yet. Yet? Prob never will.

February 27, 2013 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • TriumphTheInsultComicDog

You should consider yourself lucky. I myself had the misfortune of having had to watch 1 of them. Never again! 2 hours of the most mind numbingly boring d#@chebag bulls* t.

February 27, 2013 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sadie

I've got to admit. I've never seen any of the Twilights, either. Just not my thing, I guess.

February 27, 2013 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  44. itsamemario

I thought she was good in the runaways with dakota fanning. Everything else, ehh..

February 27, 2013 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Agrav8td

I agree, she did do a good job as Joan Jett...but look at Joan Jett- not big on personality or emotion.

February 28, 2013 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Rick

Funny how much commentary this bit of "news" stirred up. I think Anne Hathaway had a harder transformation.

February 27, 2013 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • ms codpiece

how do you even compare anne hathaway to kristen stewart? anne chose projects that worked for her...and broke back mountain really gave the world a clue she can stop out of the awkward teen role and really shine. pretty effortless. i cant wait to see what anne does next.....and please dont tell me how great julia roberts is....she plays julia in evey movie...same charater...same mannerisms......meryl streep is the actress standard that any actress should hope to be....name another who comes close....anne is on her way...

February 28, 2013 at 7:25 am | Report abuse |
  46. heliocracy

Or, alternate explanation, she's a terrible actress who is super hot.

February 27, 2013 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dude

We will have to agree to disagree on her hotness. She is a disturbing mess in every way.

February 27, 2013 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  47. carmj

I think Kristen's a good actress, but if you've seen her other movies after twilight started , I have notice Bella Swan coming out in other characters.

February 27, 2013 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dude

"I have notice Bella Swan coming out in other characters"

That's because it's not Bella – it's Stewart. That's the only way she knows how to act – badly.

February 27, 2013 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  48. John Dolt

Ambrose was bein sarcastic btw

February 27, 2013 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Jackie Cogan

"The way I usually learn my lines is I learn the idea, which is why I stutter a lot in 'Twilight.'"........That does not make any sense...sorry.

February 27, 2013 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Really

I think she is the most overrated and unattractive popular actress there is.

February 27, 2013 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • MLC

And Julia Roberts and Jennifer Aniston are not the most overly rated "gorgeous" and "talented" women on the face of the planet! Never could figure out what the planet ever wanted to do with them to begin with as far as looks and talent go. To each their own.

February 28, 2013 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  51. It's ok

I'm just trolling. : )

February 27, 2013 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  52. KJ

huh? talented and wonderful? Which films are you watching? While she is not as bad as some she certainly is no Audrey Hepburn.

February 27, 2013 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  53. noelia

was the previous comment a joke?

February 27, 2013 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Ambrose

She is just so talented and wonderful. I'll bet she is the next Audrey Hepburn. It's a shame she hasn't won an Oscar yet.

February 27, 2013 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |