Today's news you might've missed:
- Get ready to snark and/or praise, depending on which side of fandom you're on: Britney and Demi will make their "X Factor" debut on September 12. Also on the fall calendar: "Fringe's" final season will kick off September 28; "Glee" will be back on September 13; and "New Girl" returns September 25. [Fox]
- Instead of pulling a Shia LaBeouf or Erykah Badu and getting naked, Katy Perry chose to go the oddball route with her new music video for "Wide Awake." It's riding the Twitter trends on its weird factor alone. [Popdust]
- The "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as aliens" movie that ticked off fans a few months ago has joined "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" in getting a big release date delay. "Ninja Turtles" is now set for release in May 2014, five months later than planned. [THR]
- Meek Mill is recounting his perspective of what happened during the alleged Drake and Chris Brown bar brawl, explaining: "Things just happen in the club." And there you have it, folks. [XXL]
- Jennifer Nettles is having a baby! And if you couldn't tell from our exclamation point, Nettles and her husband are "thrilled beyond belief." It'll be the first child for the Sugarland singer. [People]
put a bunch of punks & thugs in a room with booze & weed, add cRap music, what could go wrong?
welcome back guys
Lorenzo Lamas should be back on TV!
Wonder if Cowell has banged Britney yet.
Do you mean, has a pompous Brit banged a airhead Brit? Or vice-versa?
Jimmy Carter is a Fossil and should not be on telivision.
I think he did great and really watned his autograph, but couldn't. i think he deserves to be the hero of the year 2009. the video was very touching,and that made me want to help the charities more. His presentation made me want to unleash my hero in my heart!
How is January Jones?