May 13th, 2012
05:30 PM ET
Summertime means that it's time for your favorite shows to take a break.
"Community," "How I Met Your Mother," "Gossip Girl," "Bones" and many more season finales will air this week. While "Community" will have an epic hour-and-a-half finale, "Bones" will have David Borneaz himself direct the episode.
Here's what else you should catch this week:
- Ned and Edna have secretly gotten married! If you remember the last time this was addressed on "The Simpsons," no conclusion had come out. And now it looks like they are hitched. Marge holds a party for them in the latest episode, which you can watch at 8 p.m. ET on Fox.
- Also catch the season finale of "American Dad!" where Stan takes Steve to Mexico, at 9:30 p.m. ET on Fox.
- Finally, catch the season finale of "Survivor: One World" at 8 p.m. ET on CBS.
- A new season of "The Bachelorette" is on! Emily Maynard returns to find love again after her engagement with former "Bachelor" Brad Womack ended. Watch the season premiere at 9:31 p.m. ET on ABC.
- Lots and lots of season finales to look out for: On CBS, "How I Met Your Mother" airs at 8 p.m., followed by "Two and a Half Men," "Mike & Molly" and "Hawaii Five-0." On Fox, "Bones'" season finale - directed by David Borneaz - airs at 8 p.m. ET. NBC's "Smash" ends its first season at 10 p.m. ET. Finally, "Gossip Girl" and "Hart of Dixie's" season finales are on the CW, starting at 8 p.m. ET.
- Also catch the season premiere of "America's Got Talent" with new judge Howard Stern at 8 p.m. ET on NBC.
- "NCIS" and "NCIS: Los Angeles" end their seasons starting at 8 p.m. ET on CBS.
- Lindsay Lohan will guest star on "Glee" as a guest judge at 8 p.m. ET on Fox.
- Books coming out this week are: "The Columbus Affair" by Steve Berry, "A Life Without Limits: A World Champion's Journey" by Chrissie Wellington, "How Will You Measure Your Life?" by Clayton M. Christensen, "DNA USA: A Genetic Portrait of America" by Bryan Sykes and "The Undertow" by Jo Baker.
- Movies and TV series coming out on DVD are: "One For the Money," "The Grey," "Chronicle," "Rampart," "Hell on Wheels – The Complete First Season," "Walking Tall: The Trilogy"and "Albert Nobbs."
- Album releases include: "Trespassing" by Adam Lambert, "Shape Shifter" by Santana, "Heroes" by Willie Nelson, "Glee: The Music, Season Three – The Graduation Album" by Glee Cast, "Storm & Grace" by Lisa Marie Presley, "Newsies: The Musical" by Cast, and "Rise of the Fenix" by Tenacious D.
- Catch the season finale of "Criminal Minds" at 9 p.m. ET on CBS.
- Also watch the the season finale of "Suburgatory" at 8:30 p.m. ET on ABC, followed by a new episode of "Modern Family" at 9 p.m. ET and "Don't Trust the B-- in Apartment 23" at 9:30 p.m. ET.
- Head to the theater to see "The Dictator" or "The Samaritan."
- "Community's" hour-and-a-half finale will air at 8 p.m. ET, with an interjection by "30 Rock" at 8:30.
- Ashley Judd's "Missing" ends its first season at 8 p.m. ET on ABC. While its fate has not been announced yet, let's keep our fingers crossed that we get to know how Becca saves her son. Also catch the season finale of "Grey's Anatomy" at 9 p.m. ET on ABC.
- Also catch the season finales of "Rules of Engagement" and "Person of Interest" starting at 8:30 p.m. ET on CBS.
- Paula Deen will trace her history in "Who Do You Think You Are?" at 8 p.m. ET on NBC.
- Head to the theater to see "Battleship," "What to Expect When You're Expecting," Morgan Spurlock's "Mansome" documentary, and "Hysteria."
- Catch the season finale of "Saturday Night Live" at 11:29 p.m. ET on NBC. Mick Jagger is the host and musical guest.
Our daily cheat-sheet for breaking celebrity news, Hollywood buzz and your pop-culture obsessions.