ABC keeps 'General Hospital,' cancels 'Revolution'
April 12th, 2012

ABC keeps 'General Hospital,' cancels 'Revolution'

It's been a rough year for daytime soaps, but ABC's "General Hospital" still has some life in it.

The network has announced that it's keeping "General Hospital" in its line-up, reports Entertainment Weekly, although it is pulling the plug on new show "The Revolution."

Last April, ABC disappointed soap fans with the announcement that two of its beloved series, "All My Children" and "One Life to Live," were being canceled as the network prepared to roll out "The Revolution" and another new lifestyle show, "The Chew."

"The Chew," which focuses on "all angles" of food, still as a home at the network. Katie Couric's ABC daytime talk show, "Katie," is expected to bow in the fall.

Filed under: television

1. Johnsonp Preuetts

We stumbled over here from a different web address and thought I may as well check things out. I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward to exploring your web page repeatedly.

August 4, 2012 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  2. patty

OMG!! Sokman...........So many people care whether you see it or not. It is a great day for OLTL fans, in terms of just licking or tongue out and pointing our fingers" told you SOOO!!"

Must ask a more important question for me why do people like you get on the board to just start a ridiculous debate....Just please quit and find something that interest you and go to it.

April 14, 2012 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Joe

I love General Hospital and am glad to see some of the One Life to Live characters crossing over, as well as GH bringing back some old favorites. I also miss Soap Net at night when I finally got a chance to see my soaps, but now I'm on the computer watching GH and Y&R.

April 13, 2012 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Gail

The Revolution was terrible, glad it was cancelled.

April 13, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Sandy

thank goodness!!!! I was afraid I was gonna lose General Hospital too. Now some of our beloved OLTL characters can live on thru General Hospital. this makes me very happy.

April 13, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Ted

I remember checking out at grocery store after the news came out about those soap operas being taken off air, those women were pi ssed off. They swore to never watch the replacements in hopes they wouldn't survive. I guess it worked on one of the shows!

April 13, 2012 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  7. Sokman

Sorry Time, didn't see you there. So it was up 6hrs, still probably close to a record.

April 12, 2012 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Sokman

The fact this blog has been up for abot 10hrs without a post is a pretty good testament that no one really cares about soap operas anymore.

April 12, 2012 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chrissy

Actually soaps fans all leaving all the hoorah at the soap related boards, Twitter and at abc! Trust me-plenty of noise has been made. So happy for GH fans!!

April 12, 2012 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Always TTime

I can hear the AMC & OLTL fans lol now!

April 12, 2012 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |