If the doomsday folks are correct, there are at least two judgments we will miss – mainly who will be crowned the winners of "American Idol" and "Dancing With the Stars."
The clock is ticking toward May 21, which listeners of Family Radio have marked as the Day of Rapture, when Christians will be caught up in the air to meet Jesus. The day will also, they say, be the start of a five-month Judgment Day and the end of the world as we know it.
If true, that would suck for so many reasons including the mass destruction and chaos which is sure to follow. But let's consider a few reasons why it would be a tragedy in the realm of pop culture.
- The little monsters will totally miss out on the official release of Lady Gaga's new album "Born This Way" slated for May 23, though to console themselves they can check it out online since, like the truth, it's out there.
- We'd also never get to hear Beyonce's new album, titled "4," or Dr. Dre's "Detox" album that we've been waiting on for years. (And speaking of Beyonce, we'll never get to see if she and hubby Jay-Z finally do procreate.)
- Got a thing for smoking monkeys? Well forget about catching one in "The Hangover Part II," as that release date is May 26. Ditto for the eagerly awaited films "Green Lantern," "Captain America" and " Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II" which bow June 17, July 15 and July 22 respectively.
- Oh, and don't even get us started on missing "X-Men: First Class" opening on June 3, "The Smurfs" movie on July 29 and "The Muppets" in November after all of that build-up!
- We will never know if the troubled Broadway production "Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark" made it to its formal opening, because that isn't scheduled to happen until June 14 (that one has naysayers too).
- We wouldn't get to see "Jersey Shore" take on Italy, the final episode of "Oprah" after 25 years or the debut of "The X Factor" this fall – though some might argue "The Voice" has already stepped on "X Factor's" toes anyway.
- And seriously, who wants the world to end before we find out the answer to the mystery that has been looming for so long: Who the hell is the mother on "How I Met Your Mother"?