Beyoncé talks new album, 'Star is Born' remake
May 12th, 2011

Beyoncé talks new album, 'Star is Born' remake

In a new interview with Billboard, Beyoncé bares all about her latest album, professionally splitting from her manager dad, her upcoming role in "A Star Is Born" and why she got "Goofy" on a recent day off.

Slated for release in June, the singer's fourth solo offering is titled, appropriately enough, "4." It's a number that holds special meaning for Beyoncé.

"We all have special numbers in our lives, and 4 is that for me," she explains. "It's the day I was born. My mother's birthday, and a lot of my friends' birthdays, are on the fourth; April 4 is my wedding date."

The record is the first one she has made without her father, Mathew Knowles, acting as her manager, and Beyoncé insists their professional parting was amicable.

"It's not that anything bad happened between us. My family has my support always, and they support me, but when you've been working with the same people for 15 years, it's natural to eventually have your own ideas," she says. "We were at a point where we'd learned so much from each other, and now it's exciting for me to do this on my own and hire my own team. I've started managing myself."

Besides putting out "4," Beyoncé is also gearing up for director Clint Eastwood's latest take on the classic "A Star Is Born."

"It's a dream come true; I'm still in shock that it's really going to happen," she says. "Clint Eastwood is clearly the absolute best, and I'm so honored and humbled. I was in no rush to do another movie unless it was the right film, and I didn't even want to touch 'A Star is Born' unless it was with him. I actually learned that this project was in existence, and kind of claimed it. I want to get to work right now!"

Though her career constantly keeps her on the go, Beyoncé did recently enjoy a bit of downtime at Disneyland with her nephew.

"We rode all the rides, some of them twice, and it was my nephew's first time on a roller coaster," she says. "There were thousands of people there because it was Easter, but everyone was really polite and respectful, and let us walk around and have a great time. I had on the biggest Goofy hat! [laughs] It was supposed to be a disguise, with this big brim that covered my face, and floppy ears on the sides, but by the end of the trip I realized that people knew I was making a fool of myself in this hat. [laughs] It was a really nice memory for me."

Post by:
Filed under: Beyonce • Celebrities • movies • Music

1. Honkee

I would rather screw Kelly Rowlands blackass.

May 16, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  2. Candace Kane

Big mistake for Beyond or whatever her name is to remake Barbra Streisand movie. Beyonce can probably act just a little, just like her singing , It's boring mundane. I watched her in Obsessed . It was reverse the race card. Like you see so many beautiful blonde woman running around looking for black guys to break up their families. Written by a beautiful blonde.

May 16, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  3. LOL

I think the people who comment on Beyonce are not fans of kids music. Key word "KIDS" music. So wether you like her new album or not, It doesn't matter most likely your not her target audience. LOL...so move on.

May 15, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  4. AZ Dem

Wow...reading these posts all I can do is "SMH" its insane how ignorant some people can act..especially when the false confidence the internet provides people is running rampant. Get a life either you will buy the album and support Beyonce or you'll just download a few of the songs u like either way she isn't losing sleep over any of this but sadly i feel like some of you posters on here will... #LOSERS

May 14, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chana

beyonce makes good music, and has a great singing voice, as for her reg voice when shes talking not singing is lil annoying, but other then that she has a grrreat body. i agree no more remakes they just over do them most of the time or ruin the orignal, but as far as her new album cant wait to see what she has in store yeeeee

May 14, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  6. janee

I am not surprised she is white now. She is mixed. Black mutt is a better description for her.

May 13, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  7. jacee

It's really not surprising she is white now. If I were black, I would pays tons of money to become white too.

May 13, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • hunt

She has blond her which gives the illusion of lighter skin. Are you educated? Please tell you live in trailer park.

May 14, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
    • hunt

Wanted to see if you would pick up on typos, but wont give you the chance. Hunch that you are clueless. Do you know what a DOL is? I bet you don't! If so, respond appropriately.

May 14, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  8. twisted

@so sad. They hate her because she's not Taylor Swift useless lame azz

May 13, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  9. rubberman

@rock i'd rather tap from the back and watch that ass jiggle

May 13, 2011 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  10. nina786

likes Beyonce ....:) she's adorable....^_^

May 13, 2011 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  11. Rock

Man, id love to have that booty bouncning around on me

May 13, 2011 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  12. @N

por favor god!!!there is no more racist comments!!!

May 13, 2011 at 6:35 am | Report abuse |
  13. Sunshine Girl *

Jay Z has ruined Beyonce. Her music has gone downhill. If you think she can act then watch Dreamgirls. I promise youll change your minds. Shell never be as good as Barbara Streisand so why even try? What are they gonna do? Turn it into a black ghetto story? That remake of a classic will ruin it completely. @B lo me..Hi..How are you? Im ok. Please stay safe and dry. Looks terrible down there. Hot and very windy here. Watch out. Someones jacking my name again so make sure its the real me. Have a good day.

May 13, 2011 at 4:33 am | Report abuse |
  14. rubberman

She always has been light skinned

May 13, 2011 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  15. bleach that skin

She found Michael Jackson's secret stash of "SKIN CREAM". Michael always wanted to be a white boy.

May 13, 2011 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
    • bebe

ha ha ha very funny. but you know she wasn't really so much on the dark side – not like kelly rowlands anyway.

May 14, 2011 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  16. CHIKI

why does she look so white now,? i couldnt even recognize her, wow, bleach much?

May 12, 2011 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  17. B lo me

who cares really

May 12, 2011 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  18. rubberman

She needs to leave the old man and get with a real man

May 12, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  19. over it cmh

could she of just waited another year? im just not ready yet for the over satiation oh her self important bs all over the radio and video and everywhere else she can get her voice in at.

May 12, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  20. B lo me

Leave me out of that

May 12, 2011 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  21. twisted

All of you haters would love to do her

May 12, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  22. twisted

Stay on topic

May 12, 2011 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Yeah she is white

@lee i been noticed her color has changed years ago in other words her soul has been sold remember when she first came out she was black now she is white slave owners loves her biggest sellout since oprah

May 12, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Yeah she is white

@lee i been noticed her color has changed years ago in other words her soul has been sold remember when she first came out she was black now she is white slave owners loves her biggest sellout oprah

May 12, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  25. What up

She is beautiful... I only wish I had her for myself.
    O' by the way!!! I am white. No racism card here... All you guys are idiots...
    I think she is gourgeous!!!!! Her music is ok.

May 12, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  26. uncle fester

Yup...she is now taking frequent moon bathing sessions.

May 12, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  27. LEEl

Is it just me or is she getting lighter?

May 12, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Garry

Not interested in the new album and certainly NOT interested in ANOTHER damn remake of a movie..enough with the remakes..

May 12, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  29. penny

I just took a rodney in your bowl of baked beans.

May 12, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Ian

If Im not mistaken the race card was also invented on April 4th.

May 12, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  31. lol (@ SoSad)

Racism or not, we can all agree that her new album will sound just as good as her previous albums...

...it will sound pretty much like useless trash.

May 12, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  32. SoSad

Fried chicken, watermelon, drive-by shootings, carjackings?? Really?? RACISM is very much still alive..and I'm caucasian. You all embarrass me..and then you get mad when people play the 'race' card.

May 12, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Weezy

Oh puuleze lep no kumpuse duh race cart wif duh fac.

May 12, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • I second that...

I agree with you, it is just sad to see how ignorant some people still are. If only they couldn't reproduce... this world would be a better place

May 12, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Peace

It was a nice memory knowing I made a fool of myself...eyes rolling!

May 12, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • uncle remus

Candied orange slices and Tahitian punch wuh invented un April Foht

May 16, 2011 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  34. Yankee Doodle Dandee

July the 4th is the MOST important but who could expect a dunderhead like her to remember.

May 12, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • goldengreyce

Why would July 4th be important to her? Certainly not because it is Independence Day... last time I checked, her ancestors were not declared independent and free on that day

May 13, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |