How Miranda Lambert dropped two sizes
December 30th, 2010

How Miranda Lambert dropped two sizes

When Miranda Lambert walked the red carpet at the CMA Awards this year, the rock on her finger wasn’t the only thing getting some attention. In addition to getting engaged, the country music golden girl had dropped two dress sizes.

"I don't know how much weight I've lost. I just know people tell me, 'You look great,'" she told US Weekly.

“She looks amazing,” fiance Blake Shelton told PEOPLE before the CMAs. “She set a goal for herself, worked hard and I am so proud of her.”

Lambert said she avoids most carbohydrates and works out with her trainer three times a week. She eats a lot of vegetables, lean meats, oatmeal and salad.

"Now instead of Cheetos, I choose almonds," Lambert said of her diet change. If only it were that easy.

1. commenter

bubble-gum pop music with a twang.. why do people listen to this sort of mess? Do you realize that this new country stuff is just britney spears slowed down for beucolic ears.

January 14, 2011 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  2. Ugly

She is as ugly as a dog I used to have. Hated that damn dog...

January 6, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Step

Her eyes are beautiful. I always thought she was perfect the way she was. Go Miranda!

January 3, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  4. AveryVixen

FYI: Miranda & Adam Lambert are not related

January 3, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  5. Dylan

...and how does this improve her music?

January 3, 2011 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  6. norm.c62

I have no idea who she is, but since I don't listen to country music, I'm not surprised. She looks attractive enough, though, good for her for losing the weight – as long as it's to be healthy and not to aim for some stereotypical and unattainable goal. Were it not for the microphone in front of her face, I'd even go so far as to say she's pretty!

January 3, 2011 at 1:15 am | Report abuse |
  7. D

@William Cole-do you realize that early civilization relied on hunting animals to eat and just live? So if you think about it, that alone is the only reason your here today. And if you didn't know that, you would be the one with no brains now since that is taught at elementary age, so don't condem nature and the cycle of life. It's better to keep your mouth shut and look stupid than to open your mouth and prove it.

January 2, 2011 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  8. rh

With that brow, she should be shilling for Geico, is she related to Lurch?

January 2, 2011 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  9. meatlover

@William Cole- what's the matter, women with guns scare you boy? I personally love women that can put meat on the table. "The weak shall perish" Shout out to Palin and all of the hunting community.

January 2, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  10. CJ

Im sure Miranda feels like a whale compared to all the anorexic, bullimic goddesses in country music. She has a great voice but the outfits she wears sometimes accentuate her bulges. My guess is she will lose a ton of weight for her upcoming wedding; then gain it back with a vengence. Southern women have a hard time giving up the great southern cooking and if Blake Shelton wanted a skinny, food deprived woman; Im sure he would have found one before this. Life is short, eat healthy but splurge once in a while!

January 2, 2011 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  11. kathleen

Getting healthier and working out is great for the person but making it NEWS is soooooo lame .
    Anyone that thinks it is news has the brains to earn minimum wage the rest of their life .
    Good luck with that .

January 2, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Concerned Dad

Fantastic, another celebrity that didn't need to lose weight has lost two dress sizes. That's the sound of 100,000 more young girls feeling inadequate. Thanks Miranda.

January 2, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  13. ???????????

Wow, I didn't realize an entertainment BLOG, not a "featured news story" is being compared to the starving children in Darfur. Thanks for making me feel guilty for reading an ENTERTAINMENT article. I guess I'll now turn on the TV & wait for a starving kids or dogs commercial to come on so I can get the 800 # to donate.

January 2, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  14. timmyboy

She's on dope, no doubt!!!!!!!!!!!

January 2, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  15. kto30

The fact that this is a featured news story while there are children being displaced and starving in Darfur and all over the world is a prime example of how this country has lost it's moral compass.

January 2, 2011 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Ummmm HELLOOOOOO

Personally I think that's what wrong with the United States right now... instead of helping our own right here in the good old USA, we tend to help everyone else. We have homeless people, starving children, mental unstable & people suffering all kinds of addictions right here in the US.

January 3, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Dawn

She looked just fine before the weight loss! Having a little extra meat on the bones is good for you, it's both attractive and healthy. Let's not forget that French model who passed away last week from anorexia. I'm afraid Miranda Lambert is just another one of these celebrities encouraging young women to starve themselves to meet societal standards of perfection. A very sad reflection on our culture if this country singer was considered too "fat".

January 2, 2011 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  17. Kevin

As soon as she ties the knot, she'll get both of those dress sizes back and then some...

January 2, 2011 at 5:42 am | Report abuse |
  18. Denise

I liked her until I saw here give Paltrow the evil eye after she sang. Apparently it was not up to her standards. I am sure GP did not give Tim Magraw a similar reaction..in fact SHE was supportive of his need to explore other options.The disffence is one has class and the other is has none-

January 1, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Prince Chunk

If she dropped two sizes, where did she leave them?

January 1, 2011 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Josabet

Miranda Lambert has alwayse seemed very healthy.. & I mean, not by what she eats, but by the way she looks.. she actually has MEAT on her bones.. she's not dry and a stick.

January 1, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Fiona

Maybe she lost weight because she's happy and doesn't need the comfort of junk food. she's engaged, after all. That kind of implies tha she's in love.

January 1, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Dennis

We won't really know what she looks like now until she poses for Playboy!

December 31, 2010 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  23. hipponitus

she looked hot anyway she didnt need to cut the weight i love her accent in her music

December 31, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  24. becca

isn't oatmeal a carbohydrate? you're not avoiding carbs if you're eating oatmeal. However, I'm super glad she lost the weight in a healthy way by eating veggies, nuts, and whole foods with regular exercise. strumming a guitar isn't enough exercise to work the body.

December 31, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • miranda_fan

I guess oatmeal isn't included in her list of MOST carbs she avoids. Good for her, she looks great!

December 31, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • trainwreck

to just say "cut carbs" is not a good choice, carbs are what your body needs for fuel along with protein, its just that the carbs that are better are the more complex carbs (also the more fiber the better) like oatmeal. stay away from white flour and sugar and go for whole wheat, less procvessed stuff etc.

January 1, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • abc

@trainwreck. Great comment.

January 2, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  25. BigD

Yup – she's just like me, only prettier – right? 🙂 Oh yeah, and I'm a guy.

December 31, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Chuck

She wasn't heavy before.

December 31, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  27. BMarie

I love Miranda! She is amazing and has been the under dog for way to long and it is her time to shine! GO MIRANDA 🙂

December 31, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Heather

Love MIranda Lambert!

December 31, 2010 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  29. Chelley

What a year for Miranda, long overdue! She is talented and beautiful, no matter what size!

December 31, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  30. Sue

Miranda, you look beautiful no matter what. Size is just a number. Whats important is your beauty from within and its reflection on the outside.

December 31, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
    • MirLam

Oh my god Sue, Thanks! I was worried but you put it in perspective for me. Now I can go back to being me! Thank goodness I just happened to catch your post on this obscure article about by weight.

January 1, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike

Yes go back to Cheetos and an unhealthy diet. You'll look beautiful no matter what. Closer to death but still beautiful.

January 1, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bill

What your saying is unfortunately not true. I know if your an actor or actress and you gain weight, you do not get movie roles.I wonder if singers record sales go down when they gain weight??

January 2, 2011 at 7:12 am | Report abuse |
  31. Lana

My ten year old son likes Miranda Cosgrove too - she is so whiny on her show.She has great looks though.Anyway whenever someone loses alot of weight it seems to be big news –so let's hope she keeps it of.

December 31, 2010 at 6:38 am | Report abuse |
    • JR Jake

Miranda looks great now but when she has to start feeding Blake 'Big Boy' Shelton his chittlin's every night that may all be short lived. Like her music love her voice and those dimples are the best.

January 2, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Chris

The only Miranda that I care about is Miranda Cosgrove. Yay!

December 31, 2010 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  33. Rena

She is so pretty – those dimples are the best! And, kudos for landing Blake Shelton. He is HOT!!!

December 30, 2010 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |