November 8th, 2010
12:40 PM ET
Don't expect to see Hugh Jackman giving a repeat performance as host of the Oscars. The actor, who earned both raves and good ratings for his Academy Awards gig two years ago, has turned down an offer to do another turn in 2011, according to Deadline.com.
The site is reporting that the 42-year-old star is skipping the prestigious February 27 ceremony because he will be busy filming the superhero sequel "X-Men Origins: Wolverine." The movie, which will be directed by Darren Aronofsky, is set to begin shooting in late February or early March.
"[Aronofsky’s] going to make it fantastic," Jackman told New York magazine's Vulture. "There’s going to be some meat on the bones. There will be something to think about as you leave the theater, for sure.”
Meanwhile, the search for an Oscars host continues. Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin shared the duties last year, but it remains to be seen whether they'll reprise their roles.
Expect an answer soon, says Deadline: Last year's hosts were announced November 3.
About this blog
Our daily cheat-sheet for breaking celebrity news, Hollywood buzz and your pop-culture obsessions.