Harrison Ford still open to another 'Indiana Jones'
November 8th, 2010

Harrison Ford still open to another 'Indiana Jones'

Over the summer, we reported that 2008's "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" may not be the end of the franchise's story, and Harrison Ford told CNN that he'd be on board to don that famous hat once again.

While chatting before the premiere of his new movie, "Morning Glory," Ford said, "I’d be happy to do another one if we could all agree on it and it was something that I thought was going to work."

One reason why it took nearly 20 years to make a fourth movie is because it's all a matter of the right script and timing, and Ford added that early plans for a fifth are still in the works.

"George [Lucas] tells us that he’s working on something, and both Steven [Spielberg] and I are waiting to see," the 68-year-old actor said.

Do you think another "Indiana Jones" is a good idea? Share your response below.

1. Vince

Another indiana jones would be cool but its getting a little modern i mean it would sort of lose its ww2 adventurer charm btw PLEASE NO MORE ALIENS

July 4, 2011 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jeff

I love the Indiana Jones movies. I did enjoy the 4th one too, but agree that introducing the aliens to it was a bit far fetched. If they do in fact do a 5th movie then they need to keep it fact based. No sifi stuff, no aliens, keep it real. Take a story out of history and mold it into the movie.

June 9, 2011 at 2:21 am | Report abuse |
  3. kristin

i love Indiana Jones...I'd go see it!

December 12, 2010 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  4. stuart

Absolutley.I enjoyed the fourth film as much as the other three – probably better than temple of doom.I don't understand the negative views on crystal skull. It wasn't perfect,but it was still fantastic

December 9, 2010 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Ajberrahman

Ofcourse.. Pls compensate for the 20years we lost waiting the fourth. The fourth was not a bit short of the usual indiana quality and thrill.

December 5, 2010 at 6:12 am | Report abuse |
  6. milojthatch

I want one more Indiana Jones film! I'm a huge fan and would love to see one one. Besides, they had talked of five film for a while anyway. Let's end this thing right!

November 14, 2010 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  7. mojo217

Oh and I liked Ian Archers comment. I cant agree more!

November 11, 2010 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  8. mojo217

Go for it and make up for KOTCS. I liked it only because I like Indiana Jones. I didnt think Mutt Williams was as bad as that other character whats his name Mac? He sucked "What are you a double, tripple agent" Also Indy only fired his gun once, something bothered me about that. NO ONE ELSE CAN PLAY INDY BUT FORD!!!!!! As for the Star Wars prequal haters i loved Ewan as Obiwan and he kicked butt at the end of episode 1. Episode 3 was great in my opinion. I put it up there with Empire Strikes Back! Bold statement I know. I think they know the last Indy was a dissapointment to the fans and they wanna make it right but I also agree with Lucas when he sais that the fans have taken posession of his films. If he wants to make another its up to him no matter what we say.

November 11, 2010 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Aubree

Our family loves all things Indy. I would gladly go see another one! Love the Jack Sparrow Idea! Long live Disney Rides! http://www.MyMouseTrip.com

November 9, 2010 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Ian Archer

Crystal Skull's worldwide box office take was $786,636,033.00 and it was the 3rd highest grossing film of 2008. Maybe the next one could hint at a family link between Jack Sparrow and the Jones boys... that alone would make Indy hint the billion dollar mark. If nothing else, Disneyland would benefit; the Indy and Pirates rides are near each other in the park.

November 9, 2010 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  11. indy fan #1

I really think that they should make a fith indy movie. The first was awesome, and all the others too. It was awesome to see the 4th one on the big screen on the opening nite. Go indy!

November 9, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Ian Archer

I understand some people's disappointment with the 4th installment (i.e. the swinging with monkeys & Mac). Yet, there were also some great parts that really harkened back to the original three films (i.e. the warehouse & the bike chase). However, as an original Indy fan from the start, I would like to see our old friend back on big screen in a new adventure more along the lines of Raiders and the Last Crusade.

November 9, 2010 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Andy

Somebody else already made a new indiana jones – it was called 'the mummy' and suffered the same sequential degredation as its inspiration. I'd prefer somebody to start making decent dirk pitt movies like 'inca gold' or to look at wilbur smiths 'the seventh scroll' – theres no need for a continual franchise to make a good adventure movie and theres loads of excellent books to plunder for plot. Actually – even the computer game "Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis" is a good plot. They could do that and replace ford with John Hamm from madmen – I would go see it.

November 9, 2010 at 7:21 am | Report abuse |
  14. Josh

Yes, Id love to see another one. I'm a huge Raiders fan and while Crystal skull is not my favorite, I did enjoy it minus the script being poorly written in places (mostly in the beginning warehouse scene which was however well put together otherwise). It's not a movie to take too seriously and I do understand the 50's B grade sci-fi appeal to it all

November 9, 2010 at 3:43 am | Report abuse |
  15. SKY

NOW HE IS LOOKING LIKE W. C. FIELDS – BUT THAT A GOOD THING!
    LOV HIS ACTING......

November 8, 2010 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Lupine

"Indian Jones Jack Ass 3D" Work with me people, work with me...

November 8, 2010 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  17. bob c

Sure, next one you can call "search for indiana's hip replacement surgeon" or the "quest to find more medicare money"

November 8, 2010 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lupine

Okay, Bob, I think you're on to something here! Make sure register this with the Writer's Guild!

November 8, 2010 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Walter B

If they do make a new Indi movie it needs to take it back to his roots and either pass the job to a younger generation or have him disappear without a trace never to reappear. But the reality of the series should hold true to his age. In essence he would be tired and arthritis should conflict with his moves but with his "son" on board it can work but it should be the end of the hero's adventures. George, a new hero needs to emerge but my hero will always be Indiana Jones

November 8, 2010 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Blair

Second worst idea ever. Worst idea? The fourth movie that sullied a great franchise.

November 8, 2010 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  20. rollins

YES! another one pleeease!

November 8, 2010 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Will S

Personally, I liked the Crystal Skull. Critics agree with me, according to Rotten Tomatoes ("fresh"). Look forward to the next one.

November 8, 2010 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Lawrence

Give it up! The last one was the biggest rip off for movie goers. Shia swinging with the monkeys, what a joke.

November 8, 2010 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  23. steve

They have all went down hill since the first one so what does that tell you. Go back to the way you told the first story. Make it as realistic as possible with minimal cgi and animation. The first one could have happened and that's what made it so good.

November 8, 2010 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Lupine

What is an undying genre in Hollyood?

Vampires!

What is hot at the box office right now?

Vampires!

What lives forever?

Vampires!

HERE IT IS:

Indiana Jones Eclipsed!

Indy actually "is" a vampire! Guess what? Vampires live forever! They never, ever have to stop making these damn things! Through the miracle of CG, we can make Harrison Ford look like a spring chicken. What? He's passed away? Good thing we motion walked him and have his speech recognition in the computer from three years ago! "Indiana Jones Four Thousand Eight Hundred and Ninty Seven" coming in 2015.

Anyway, I'm only joking, wait, hold on, Hollywood, I was only kidding, no, stop, this is just a joke, what? A development deal? How much? Really? Alright then, have your people call my people. Well, I don't really have people but my cousin's Gardner knows the guy who owns the dry cleaners where they say Spielberg gets hisshirtd done. I'll Hebe them give you a call.

November 8, 2010 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Andrew

NO...how about another Star wars with the original cast. Now thats something Id pay to go see. Luke, Leigha and Hann in thier elder years still fighting the fight. Bring it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 8, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Djack

GOD, please say it ain't so!

November 8, 2010 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • dave

I have a proposed solution for your situation, sir. Don't go see it. THERE! Problem solved.

November 8, 2010 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Bobby

Sean, good points. But it wasn't so much the appearance of aliens that disappointed me, as it was the presentation / treatment. If just felt underwhelming, and the manner it was presented seemed (at least to me) to be silly (towards the end anyway). The subject may have worked if presented differently. It may not have. We'll never really know I guess. I've seen many alien movies presented much more credibly than KOTCS. I only use the religious mythology as an example of what worked in several earlier movies form the series. It's a reference, nothing more. Though as you said, none of it should be taken too seriously, and should just be enjoyed as FUN. I agree! These are movies after all, not symposiums. They're intended to entertain. And I did actually enjoy many portions of KOTCS. Could have done without LeBouf though...

November 8, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Dave C

I would be up for a fifth movie IF George Lucas wasn't involved. Get some decent writers with some good ideas and keep Lucas from messing it all up with his "vision," and maybe we could get a worthwhile movie. Oh, and please keep Shia LaBouf (or however you spell it) out of it as well.

November 8, 2010 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • dave

Yeah, GLucas can take a seat as far as I'm concerned, but I say keep Shia in there for some continuity. Just.... please... someone teach him HOW TO ACT!

November 8, 2010 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Em

Indiana jones and the bed pan of doom.

November 8, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  30. paisleykm

No! The last one sucked. Hollywood should leave it alone. What are we going to see-Jones crusading in a wheelchair?

November 8, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  31. MassiveMarbles

It all depends upon the script. If its not well written, just hang up the franchise and consider yourself lucky.

November 8, 2010 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  32. sean

I find it funny that people would complain about aliens, but be fine with religious mythology. Its MUCH more realistic to assume there is life on other planets, than trying to believe all that religious crap. Either way, movies are movies and indy movies are meant to be fun. Quit over analyzing and much like your christian beliefs, just PRETEND its real.

November 8, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Bobby

I wouldn't mind seeing Number 5, though I admit to being an old-school fan of the earlier stuff, so perhaps it's for reasons of nostalgia that I would like to see the series continue. That said, I didn't hate KOTCS as much as most (though I concede many of the points you have all made regarding its flaws). If they can treat Indy credibly in this one (which I feel should definitely be the LAST), then I say go for it. Let Indy be what he really would be at this stage – an elder statesman off for one final adventure. A bit slower, but also that much wiser. And for God's sake they should come up with a better McGuffin than "aliens from the space between spaces". I agree that was weak as hell. Come up with something iconic, something important. Go back to the spiritual stuff (a la the lost grail, or the ark of the covenant). I agree with many of you... this could be really tricky to do correctly. But... I'd love to see one last new Indy adventure!

November 8, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Got lost in his own museum

The alien plot was all wrong. The Indy movies worked so much better when they used religion and spirituality as the source of the artifacts' powers. Not to mention there has to be a moral in each story in which the bad guys are ultimately punished by the very artifacts they tried to use to gain power. In the first, we got to see a whole mess of nazis perish to the power of the Ark of the Covenant. In the second, the villain is punished by Shiva for abusing the power of the stones. In the third, anyone who tries to use the grail for selfish purposes is killed by it. This is what the Indy movies are about, not aliens and confusing endings which don't serve any clear purpose. The 4th movie lost its way, but I could see a fifth if they use what worked in the first and third movie instead of making a hokey spoof of them (like the 4th one).

November 8, 2010 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • dave

I thought #4 was really good the first half. The encounter in the hanger with the Russians was def in the "classic" vein (LOL, "I like Ike"). I'm not a big Shia fan, but could accept him as Jr, Jr in a #5. You nailed it though, the script is VITAL!

November 8, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  35. jennifer jones

I would love to see another movie the last one was not to good didn't like the alien part but I still own all of indina jones movies

November 8, 2010 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Karma Johnson

I hope Lucas reads these posts - and DOES NOT make another Indy J movie. Ugh - the last one was miserable, embarrassing, and cast the pall of death over everything IJ. PLEASE don't make another one. Surely there are writers who can come up with a different story that will be fresh rather than slicing and dicing what was once a great story with great characters.

November 8, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Travjones

I'm ok with another Indiana Jones but PLEASE NO SHIA LaBEOUF!!!!!!!!!
    Watching him act is painful. I couldn't even finish the 4th Indiana Jones movie.

November 8, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  38. shirley

Please,Please leave it alone it's time to hang it up, don't make another one you should not have made number four.

November 8, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Dave

There was only one good thing about the last move, it ended.

November 8, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • dave

Are you in a chess game the rest of us can't see or did you mean "movie"?

November 8, 2010 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Derek

DEAR GOD NO! That last one was horrible enough to last or another 20 years plus. Please do not let George Lucas destroy this franchise worse than he already has.

November 8, 2010 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Indy Fan

I've been an Indiana Jones fan all of my life. True blue. I even liked the third movie. The last film was so horrible, it actually made me embarrassed. Terrible. The value of IJ collectibles has even gone down since that film came out, which is a huge bummer for collectors like me. Another film is an awful idea.

November 8, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  42. J

My God they *cannot* be serious. After the last one nearly destroyed the franchise for fans everywhere. I think it's a clue when the term "jump the shark" changed to "nuke the fridge" because of that specific film it's a cue to close up shop. I swear George Lucas is out to ruin every good movie franchise in existence. Soon he'll be on par with Uwe Boll.

November 8, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Surf_Dog

In regards to the last movie they had me up almost to the end. When it the space craft thingy and aliens came in the end I was like "Ah, okay". Not what I expected and totally out of character for an "Indy" type of story – major disappointment.

It's been fun, but I think it's time to retire the hat and whip. And, besides Mr. Ford is no longer in the greatest of physical condition to engage in such a physically demanding role. Time to let it go.

November 8, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  44. No More

the last one was bad, Ford is getting is all jowly, and the tiny earring stud just looks dorky. I rented Blade Runner, that's good enough for me. Time to hang up the hat. Nothing worse than an action hero passed his prime except maybe an aging hollywood starlet.

November 8, 2010 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Rahim

As long as the story is Earth-based, no aliens or ancient spaceships, or anything else stupid for that matter....and they have to replace Shia LaBoring with a decent actor along the lines of James Franco.

November 8, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Enough Already!

Ugh! George Lucas is a nightmare, and Spielberg went dry somewhere in the neighborhood of 1995. Hang it up!

November 8, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Paula

I had the opportunity to be Harrison Fords limo driver on his last visit to St. Louis. But training was not complete. Wow, to be able to meet "Indy". Yes, do another film. Never give up your hat!!! We will always enjoy the adventures on the big screen.

November 8, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  48. GaPeach

NO!!! Please don't make anymore or the memory of the bad ones will kill off memories of when they were good! Harrison is almost 70 years old and IF you just have to make another one, kill him off and let a son take over.

November 8, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  49. dondo

How about Indiana Jones, James Bond, and all the other washed up Hollywood has-beens team up in a battle to the death with Batman, Spiderman and Superman!

November 8, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Kwm

While I think that only Harrison Ford can be Indiana Jones, he is a little old to really be the action part of the movie. That said personally I was really let down when they picked a "lost son" to fill those parts. I thought it would have been great to have short round back as an adult to fill that role. Between Crystal skull and the transformers movies, I think Shia is trying to destroy everything I loved as a child. I'm really surprised he was not chosen for Anakin.

November 8, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Richard

While I love the idea of another Indiana Jones movie, the piece of garbage that George Lucas released as the latest episode was reminiscent of the Jar Jar Binks crap that he released under the Star Wars name. While I give Lucas credit for his earlier works from the 70s and 80s, I think that his success stories are eclipsed by his recent releases reminiscent of afterbirth. Stop giving us childish humor and bring back some of the realistic excitement that contained at least a little bit of believability. Allow me to leave the theater without wishing I had flushed my money down the toilet instead of wasting 2+ hours of my life shaking my head. HANDS OFF, George Lucas!

November 8, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Arglebargle

"Indiana Jones and the Overloaded Depends"

Sounds like a real thriller!

November 8, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  53. sheppard

Harrison – you had a good run as Indy. We loved you. It is time to let it go and not look like an old fool. and no Shia as the 'new' Indy type with you as the Dad. You ain't no Sean Connery and Shia definitely ain't no........ YOU!

November 8, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Dan

November 8, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Michael

Remember the TV series "Young Indiana Jones Chronicles"? They need another movie to show how he lost the eye when he was old.

November 8, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Spunky DaWondermonkey

Please... Why don't we get Sly Stallone and Harrison Ford together and call it Indiana Balboa MCMXXVII? Let it go; both of you...

November 8, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Karen

Yes, please make another one! It may be time for Harrison Ford to stay a little more in the background, but that would be OK. Shia L. was fine as the "new Indy." No I can't spell his name! I think moviegoers are really spoiled if they don't appreciate everything that goes into these movies. I would love to see another one.

November 8, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  58. TrueFax

"Indy" 5 = The terrorists have won
    Don't let the terrorists win.

November 8, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Chesterfield

Sure, I'd like to see another Indy adventure, as long as it A) doesn't contain any (noticeable) CGI over-the-top zaniness, B) is returning to series' old roots, in other words ditch the alien setting and UFO's for something more earthly, and C) it's still starring Harrison Ford (along with most key cast, and please try to get Sir Connery for a flashback sequence or something for closure and awesomeness). Keep Shia on the background please, his acting wasn't what failed in the last movie but we prefer to see Indy in an Indy film take the center stage.

Seeing as Crystal Skull was set in year 1957, the next one would probably involve the 60's.. in other words, possible scenarios and settings are Vietnam war, Cuba missile crisis, the space race/moon landing, Valdivia earthquake/Cuyahoga river/hurricane Camille or maybe Berlin wall.. JFK/MLK/Malcolm X, Beatles, Rolling Stones and the hippies could make a cameo, although I can't say I'm too delighted by that idea:/ Anyway, hopefully they'll figure it out properly this time, to give the franchise the proper ending it deserves and to make up for the way below-average Crystal Skull. And no offense to anyone, but let Spielberg and proper screenwriters do the decisions this time, I don't trust post-80's Lucas, all he seems to care is CGI everything nowadays. Indiana Jones was never about that computer trash.

November 8, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Amy

Indy 4 was sooooo bad! Bad set, horrible cgi, lame alien plot!!! No more!

November 8, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Lenny Ducano

No , leave em alone

November 8, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Dee Dee

That would be super awesome!! I never can get enough of those flicks....always exciting and fantastic!! Harrison is a great actor plus Spielberg/Lucas would be icing on the cake!!.

November 8, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  63. SWishingstar

No No more indy - Lucas work on Expanded universe Star Wars with Harrison as Han in his older years. Scrap redoing the originals in 3d– make new ones (in 3d ok)

November 8, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  64. J-Ri

Absolutely NOT!! A 68 yr. old Indiana Jones? Really!!! Who will be his nemesis? Father Time! Mother Nature!

November 8, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  65. James lee

Well, I think that the a fifth installment would be a good idea. But the four movie was good but not up to par! If they do it the have to include nick cage and the kid in tranfomers plus mom in four one for the adventure would be to stop the Russia from open up the gate of hell!

November 8, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Jon

Maybe, but I really think nothing is lost if you just say goodbye to the series. Personally, I think Spielberg has produced progressively worse movies as he has gotten older. I don't know why for sure. It could be the climate of hollywood. I love the atmosphere in his older movies like CEOTTK or ET. Compare the first Jurassic Park with the third one and keep a bag handy for the barf and a garbage bin for the DVD when you're done. So it MIGHT work, if Spielberg can return to his old element or someone else can write the script and direct it. I honestly wish, though, that they'd just put the idea to rest. Harrison can do other movies. Indian Jones will always be remembered. It's not going anywhere.

November 8, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  67. T

Another Indy Movie ? W/ Ford in the lead ?
    Come on, Harrison Ford is a great actor but he and Lucas has got to let it go. Like the 007 franchise, time to get a new actor to take up the lead role of this cliffhanger action/adventure franchise and not run it to death like Indy 4 – which was (sigh) pretty bad. I rather consider that Indy 3 was the last one.
    I think.....Re-boot anyone ? It worked for Batman in "Batman Begins".

November 8, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Chad

They almost need to do another one. IMO, it should start out with Indy waking up in a cold sweat from the terrible nightmare that was the last "film". That way, while we still have to come to terms with the loss of the $10 we spent in theaters, we can at least try to rationalize that the filmmakers realized what a joke that 2 hours was and that, even in the world of Hollywood make-believe, our "willing suspension of disbelief" does not, and will not extend to Harrison Ford surviving a nuclear blast inside of a refrigerator.

November 8, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  69. KRT

The Crystal Skull made The Last Airbender look like an oscar worthy script

November 8, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  70. God

1) Hollywood has obviously run out of ideas
    2) George Lucas has obviously run out of ideas
    3) George Lucas knows a cash cow when he sees it

It is ironic that "last crusade" was not that at all.
    However, given the pattern of great, bad, great, bad, I think there might be some hope for a great one – and it better be.
    I challenge George Lucas to make this the best one of them all or to retire from film. If you need a consultant for the script I would be happy to help so that it doesn't suck.

November 8, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Semper Fi

Old Dudes Rule. Wise Old Treasure Hunter! Rather than run down and get one of those cows let's walk down and get em all.

November 8, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Kristin

Yes, I'd love to watch another Indy! The ending of the last one left a bit to be desired, but it still had the Indy charm.

I wish they hadn't killed off his Dad (played by Sean Connery). I always hoped they'd make an Indy with all three generations.

November 8, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Thanh

Too old!!!

November 8, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  74. KRT

They hacked the last one. The plot was horrible. The CG was mediocre. Do another and let me edit the script...Surely I wouldn't do any worse....

November 8, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  75. ty

Yes it is. I loved the actors in the movie. Also it was really exciting.

November 8, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Bob

I think they should cast Clint Eastwood as Indianna Jones. They have about the same number of wrinkles and what a neat one liner – What do you think about that PUNK!!

November 8, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  77. NjM-Houston, TX

YES, Mmake another one ..!
    Indy could be the (older) professor re-telling stories to the students that are adventures that occured between the past anventures chronicled in the past films.

November 8, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  78. bigmac

Can the last one even be considered an Indiana Jones movie? I don't think he was specifically referred to as"Indiana" at all in it. If they want to call it Henry Jones Jr movies, I'd be okay with it. As long as they rely on less green screen, and get a new writer, producer and director.

November 8, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  79. madmen123

He won't talk about Han Solo in any interviews, but he won't shut up about Indiana Jones?

November 8, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  80. NjM-Houston, TX

make another one ..!
    Indy could be the (older) professor re-telling stories to the students that are adventures that occured between the past anventures chronicled in the movies.

November 8, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  81. gare

People do forget the second one wasnt so good, the 1st and 3rd dazzle. The fourth one brought back Marion and when she smiles its great. Skull had some good moments, the quicksand, the chapel at the end. Its better than nothing, which is what we had for 20 years

November 8, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  82. wittywife

He HAS to do another one. The last one was so terrible that he needs to redeem himself so the Indy franchise can go out with a bang.

November 8, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Bryan M White

The first and third film in he series were based on the Holy Bible.

The newest one was based on "Chariots of the Gods" and of you look at it in that respect, it's an interesting film.

That and, Come on... Harrison is GREAT in every film he ever made.

I don't care what anyone says: the nuclear fridge brought back memories of the life raft parachute from Temple of Doom. It's all in good fun... Bring on number 5!!! Just w/o that twerp from Transformers...

November 8, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  84. ScottyDo

If they ever listened to Frank (Darabont) and kept his script- that was completed well over seven years ago- we would probably have at least two or three more of them before Harrison get pumped full of formaldehyde like Keith Richards and Dick Clark. As it stands, if Lucas decides to do another one, I guess I'll just have to wait for Netflix.

November 8, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Geoff Littlefield

I wouldn't mind another Indiana Jones movie as long as the story good! I didn't care for "The Crystal Skull"

November 8, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  86. DEUCE

For the love of God NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

November 8, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Tony

Please no more! We need another Indiana Jones movie like we need another Saw, Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, or Romantic comedy (take your pick on that one).

How about something original that doesn't depend on the same old formula or 80's popularity.

November 8, 2010 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  88. plm13

shila lapoof didn't cut it as the replacement for Indy so they have to make another if they still want to hand the tourch to someone and keep franchise going.

November 8, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Matt from Vermont

I say let them make another. Gotta let Indy right off into the sunset on a good movie. Don't let the franchise end with Kingdom, that would have been like if Star Trek's original crew had finished their movie franchise with Star Trek V, and we all know how that movie was...

November 8, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Bob

Yes, but with Nathon Fillion as Indiana Jones.

November 8, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  91. O157:H7

Coming now to a theater near you! Indiana Jones and the Walker of Destiny!

November 8, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Joonie

No more!!! A 68 yr. old Indiana Jones!! Who would be his nemesis? Father Time? Mother Nature?

November 8, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Jack

Will this one be called, "Indiana Jones and the Nursing Home of Doom?"

November 8, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Chris

No more with harrison, esepcially if it has potential to be as terrible as the last one. And, please please please, no Shia Lebuff!!! The kid is a terrible actor!!!!

November 8, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

Shia wasn't the problem – he's usually really good. The problem was an awful story and some awful effects (fake cliff and driving through the jungle without even bouncing half the time). Not to mention a story that made no sense. What a useless ending.

November 8, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrsFizzy

Have to say I don't especially remember anything about Shia's acting, more that there was no character development anyway, but it was distracting that he looked nothing like either Indy nor Marian. The whole thing just wasn't good enough. I felt embarrassed for all the actors in it – LeBeouf the least! Look at the lineup of talent in that movie – all wasted. I was about to say that's got to be the worst movie Cate Blanchett was ever in and then I remembered that 'The Life Aquatic' joke.

November 8, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Ed Sr

Yeah....lets do it....the REAL Indiana Jones was over 70 and still did it for real......

November 8, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Texas Pete

Will Harrison Ford be playing the cursed mummy in this one?

November 8, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • edsr

No....the mummy will be played by an OLD Texan with wrinkled skin..............

November 8, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Ron Ski

Raiders of the Lost Ark was great and an all time favorite.
    They beat that one with Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade with Sean Connery as "Dad".
    The Temple of Doom was forgettable at best with terrible audio and inability to understand ANYTHING Short Round said unless you were watching his lips.
    The last one was a pathetic recreation of a classic character in a movie he really DIDN"T want to make.
    A new story with Marian or "Dad" and their roles solidly in the movie would bring back the character we all remember as Indiana Jones.
    Anything else, Harrison, don't even waste your time cause it wouldn't be worth our money.

November 8, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Satin666

Crap!

November 8, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  99. pk453

Number 4 really sucked...NO NEED for another one. Number 1 and 3 were good, 2 was below average and almost sucked too.

November 8, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  100. PassingThru

Perfect time to pass on the story to the next generation. Indie's son!

November 8, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrsFizzy

I would agree but depends on who plays the son and who writes the script!

November 8, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Yes, do another and get this last one RIGHT!

Harrison owns the character and no one can fill his shoes, but George (Lucas) needs to write a plot and a screenplay on par with the first Raiders of the lost Ark. Crystal Skull didn't cut the mustard at all. Harrison is in great shape and we all want to see him again. I think the die hard fans want to see it done right. And we're running out of time to get it right. George really messed up casting Hayden Christensen for the new Star Wars installments and I don't want to see him throw away a last chance to get the feeling back. Stop worrying about cheesy one-liners and glib dialogue, and lets get back to what made the original film great. A real, genuine and believable script based on semi-true events, real adventure, and solid screenplay/script.

November 8, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrsFizzy

I'm really not sure if Lucas can do that anymore. Maybe, like with Star Trek, it needs to go back to the drawing board and be "re-imagined". I love Ford as Indy but I'm afraid that after the last one, it's best to just remember him as he was.

November 8, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrsFizzy

And I mean to be "re-imagined" by someone other than Lucas!

November 8, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Marnie

What next, Indie Goes to the Home?

November 8, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  103. hecep

I have nothing to lose if another IJ movie gets made. If the reviews are bad and friends/acquaintances warn me against it, I just won't see it. But just imagine if it was actually good. I say, give HF another chance.

November 8, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  104. JackieInDallas

I'd love to see another one with Harrison Ford and Sean Connery! Bring back the Jones, Junior and Senior!

November 8, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  105. meterman

If the story was as good as the last one then don't do it. You should do another American Graffiti coming back as the aging hot rodder and chick magnet comedy.

November 8, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Robert Allan

Indianna Jones is passe'. Let's see more high caliber work like "Blade Runner."

November 8, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  107. RossFerrier

Well, Well...ole Harry Ford! Yup, only thing is if he does Indy again, he gonna need some crutches and a cane to get around and out of the way of boulders rolling at him!!! Maybe even a wheelchair...but u gotta give him credit for wanting to!

November 8, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Fan

Make as many Indy flicks as you can! I can't wait for the next one. Something to do with the Bermuda Triangle, right?

November 8, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  109. James McNannus

YES! Make another one and this time GET IT RIGHT!

They can calll it Indiana Jones and the Apology for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

November 8, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  110. kdog

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 and 2 were great. 3 kinda sucked. 4 should be burned, buried, and never talked about again. Let it go. I don't want to see Indiana Jones with alzheimer’s on a quest to find the sacred porcelain potty throne of Heavenly Oaks Nursing Home.

November 8, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  111. happy

ABSOLUTELY !!!

November 8, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  112. The Fish

Just think,(1000 yeras later) Indy goes out into a desert somewhere and digs up Lyndsy Lohan, Britteny Spears and Paris Hilton. All perfectly preserved! Then Indy has to use the arc to get rid of their bad habits! Another good verses evil, what do you think?

November 8, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Eric

Please yes, but first DELETE the Crystal Skull from the series, burn all the negatives, make it illegal to own the movie!!!!!

Indy needs to redeem himself, the series needs a much better 4th installment. The Last Crusade was possibly the best of the bunch and wasn't that long ago. They need to keep with the tone, technology and general story line of the others. Stupid aliens, greesers and that fool of a side-kick all screwed up the crystal skull. Keep the CGI OUT of the Indy series, go back to real-world, hand built special effects so the series matches. That's why all the new stars wars movies were so terrible, they didn't fit with the rest of them, not classic or believable at all. Lucas/Spielberg are so lost, they are old, fat and have no heart left....way too full of themselves to give Indy new life and make an excellent movie.

November 8, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sarge

Here here! Our posts are almost identical.

November 8, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrsFizzy

I agree too... but the Last Crusade WAS what, 21 years ago? Personally I feel like they left it too long before Crystal Skull, everyone got older and they tried to make it like a current Hollywood movie instead of keeping to the formula and values in 1 & 3 ... not mentioning No. 2.

November 8, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  114. AudioClark

Yeah, yeah, we all agree the last movie was terrible... Lets have Indy go out on a high note! Find the Garden of Eden, have him find something cool found in the dead sea scrolls, etc, etc. Whatever the case may be, just say that his son is back in school and let the fun begin!

November 8, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Calvin

November 8, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  116. citizenUSA

OK, most of us seem to agree that the last movie was a dud. As much as I like Harrison he's not the Indy we used to know. And although I believe he can add something to the movie, is HE an absolute necessity to the franchise? We survived different 007's, Batmen, a couple of Supermen, all with their ups and downs. Time to pass the torch and get out of the 1940's if they want to attract a younger audience. Even old dudes like me appreciate a GOOD action flick no matter who's in it.

November 8, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Sarge

If George Lucas decided to abandon any and all CGI in the movie...and went back to good old fashioned props, sets, characters...etc. then MAYBE it would be worth seeing. I can't believe it took 20 years for them to come up with a script that called for CGI fire ants, CGI monkeys, CGI aliens...enough with the CGI already. The thing that made the original Star Wars and Indiana Jones trilogy so special was that special effects weren't that special, and you had to depend on the story and the acting. True, there have always been bad special effect movies, but at least it kept filmmakers honest. Today, you can do anything with CGI, and most of the time, the story and acting suffer as a result (Star Wars prequels, Indy and the Crystal Skull). Ever since Jurassic Park, we've been flooded with CGI garbage. Some excellent films like The Matrix are examples of what you can do good with CGI. But most are horrible. And ever since Avatar, we've been flooded with bad 3D movies. Everybody is just trying to make a buck. I wish CGI never existed. Even though he helped usher in the genre, I'm not sure guys like George Lucas would be able to find work in today's business if he were fresh off the street. There's nothing to keep these guys honest and hungry anymore. I don't understand how Lucas and Spielberg can be happy with their creations.

November 8, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  118. bundysmom

Thanks, but NO THANKS!!! The last one was absolutely AWFUL. I couldn't take another one after that.

November 8, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  119. dre dre

do not make a fifth one if you do better be like mummy part 1 or something but the person who wrote the script is a waste of talent and sperm from day one he should be banned from hollywood for messing up a good trilogy

November 8, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  120. JB

"...because it's all a matter of the right script and timing."
    Or years ago I saw Speilberg answer a question about working with Ford and Lucas and saying "Yes, we hope to work tofgether again if everything comes together."

Why is it when I read that I think what he's REALLY thinking is...
    "Yes, we'll do it when some studio meets our outragous pay demands".

November 8, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  121. john

They should re-release them in 3D. Follow in the steps of recycling Star Wars.

November 8, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  122. ToddLin88

NO MORE ALIENS. A fifth movie could be ok if they didn't focus on aliens, the last film shouldn't have gone there - too out of touch with the rest of the franchise. More of the old-school arcane, occult-type stuff. Or another religious artifact. Staff of Moses/Aaron? Piece of the True Cross?

Excalibur? Atlantis? Plenty of stuff to do not related to aliens.

November 8, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  123. The Old Wolf

I'd be open to another one – like he said, see what Lucas comes up with. Ford does a good job with the character.

November 8, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Matt

If the movie is good it will be a good idea. If the movie is bad it will be a bad idea.

November 8, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  125. ron

IIt's all in the script. great script, go for it, but be darn sure it is a great script !!!!

November 8, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Tsk Tsk Tsk

If "Shy La-Boof" hadn't been in the last one, it still would have been a stinker, but not because of Harrison's contribution. It was all about mediocre writing, too-unbelievable effects and stunts, and ridiculous CGI junk. Good writing and a good story are very important, even for an action movie, and Hollywood has forgotten that. I felt as sorry for Harrison in the last Indiana movie as I did for the great Sean Connery in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. These actors are excellent, and always will be, and they did the best they could with the crappy material they were given.. it just happened that the scripts were garbage. Connery died too easy in L.E.G., and Harrison was paired with an awful LaBoof in the last I.J. movie. If Connery appeared in the next I.J., it would be excellent, even for a small cameo part, but keep the flimsy LaBoof types out. Hollywood needs to make good, worthy use of the great actors while they are still with us.

November 8, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Caasi

Get another actor to play Indiana. It works for the 007 Series.

November 8, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  128. moderateray

If Kingdom of the Crystal Skull were the first, it would have been viewed differently. It's a good movie. It gets a bad rap by being compared to the originals. Just because it isn't as good as an original doesn't make it bad. Same thing happened with Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes. It's a pretty good movie. but compare it to the original? Unfair. I would look forward to Indy V.

November 8, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lubiana

I agree

November 8, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lance

...If this would have been the first one, the franchise would have fizzled and never become the legendary trilogy that it became. The story was absolutely horrid, it was incorrectly cast, and the action sequences were a joke – like something out of a kids movie. To say "people would view it differently if it was the first" is ridiculous. And no, the remake of "Planet of the Apes" would have had no where near the social statement or artfulness of the original, and would not have become a legend either. You fail to understand what makes movies great.

November 8, 2010 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Phil

Only if he has Doc Brown build him a time machine and they go back to 1962!

November 8, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  130. JT

Harrison – YOU ARE WAY TOO OLD TO BE DOING SUCH CRAP AND YOUR LATE MANAGER PAT MCQUEENY WILL BE ROLLING OVER IN HER GRAVE IF YOU CONTINUE TO DISGRACE HER MEMORY BY DOING ANOTHER PIECE OF GARBAGE MOVIE SUCH AS THE INDIANA JONES FRANCHISE WHICH SHOULD BE PUT TO SLEEP!

November 8, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Kamish

Will someone please Nuke the frigging retards that posted so much anti Indy/Lucas/Speilberg dribble...copy cat haters that could never do better...

November 8, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • :(

Thats just it. We COULD do better by doing nothing. It is a disgrace to the old, well done, films.

November 8, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Roni

I liked it. I thought it was too long and that the epic fight scene between Indiana and the Russian was too long. I'd pay to see another installment.

November 8, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Michele

Absolutely! I have enjoyed watching Indiana Jones since I was a child and it is always thrilling to watch him crack that whip!!!

November 8, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  134. steeve-o

Sure, this sequel should be called "Indiana Jones, and the Tower of Geritol". Jones is in search of a crystal Life Alert necklace, and has to beat Max von Sydow at a game of canasta before he can ascend the tower in his stair climbing wheelchair. When he gets to the top he forgot why he went up there. His weapons are boomerang dentures and a whip (actually the drawstring from his bathrobe).
    And his earring should fall into the abyss.

November 8, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  135. bailout

Maybe he should play the grandfather of a new "Indiana Jones?"

November 8, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Andrew

Any Indy is a good Indy! If you didn't like the last one you're not a real fan.

November 8, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Mark

I'd like to forget that #4 was ever made. The problem is that somewhere along the way George Lucas forgot how to write dialogue. I think it started around Star Wars Episode 1, or maybe even earlier when he remade New Hope so that Greedo shot first. The prequel trilogy was some of the worst crap I've ever heard come out of an actor's mouth since "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back". I'd love to embrace the "odd numbered IJ movies are good" theory, but Lucas is well past it. He would be better served to outline the story and have someone else write the screenplay. If that happened I might start paying attention to his work again. In the meantime, stick to special effects George. It's what ILM does best.

November 8, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  138. videophile

Lucas is losing it. Star Wars prequels were so much worse than 4-6. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was by far the worst Indy movie of all. The way they killed/ruined so many characters in that movie was just unbelievable. I'd love to see Sean Connery back but that's not possible now. I seriously doubt they can come up with a good script for Indy #5.

November 8, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  139. The Pit

Make it without George Lucas!!!

November 8, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Chanda

Lucas should start a web site totally dedicated to the fans writing the next installment. I guarantee it would be a blockbuster!

November 8, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Jimjomac

Oh yes, I'd be there! ! !

November 8, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  142. jimi

Oh, so it's not all about money then! LOL

November 8, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Lubiana

Yes. I love Harrison Ford- even at 68 and I would love more Indiana Jones movies! I loved the Crystal Skull one by the way.

November 8, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Lead Lined

Once you've nuked the fridge, the series is done. End of Story.

November 8, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  145. JudyTTexas

Can't say I was too thrilled with the last one... However, I'd love to see another sequel...with a better script...More Intelligent. ...or maybe I'm just getting too old.

November 8, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  146. U.S. Common Sense

Sure thing! Love the movies, even when they are a bit "strange."

November 8, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Richard Blanks Jr.

Carletta said she don't want to this crap. She don't don't watch white people's movies. Only Tyler perry movies! They from Birmingham, AL. UMF She won't let me have text on my cellphone. She let me kick it with Keith but not Dunc. UMHM

November 8, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  148. May

I'll get on it writing the script today! lol

November 8, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Cam

Well, if they waited 20 years for a good script and came up with Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls, maybe they should wait 30 years for the next one.

November 8, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Jim

I wanted the kid, Shia LeBouf to take up the hat at the end of the last one and be the new Indiana Jones, thought that was the plan.

November 8, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dave

....ugh.....you've got to be kidding, right??? Shia Labouf is the most obnoxious actor out there.....watching him in a movie is worse than scratching your fingernails down a chalkboard. I don't think, in the case of Indy 4, that George Lucas' story bothered me as much as watching Shia Labouf in the movie. Now, the SW prequels....that's a different story. So, I'd be in as long as Shia's not back.

November 8, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  151. GMan

Based on Harrison Ford's age, it better be "Indiana Jones and the Search for the Fountain of Youth."

November 8, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  152. Chanda

The fans are ALWAYS right so listen up Lucas...go back to the original formula. Stop trying to "update" it and go back to the formula used in the first three. That's what the fans want. Just a good old adventure fueled by ancient lore. Gives us what we've been asking for all along...not some alien crap! Don't do to Indiana Jones what you did to the Star Wars saga!

November 8, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  153. kd

Sure, why not? The worst INDIANA JONES movie would be better than 99% of the other junk out there.

November 8, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Jamie

Sure why not. But only if I don't have to pay for it as the last one sucked BIG time. Complete waste of my time and money.

November 8, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Sallie

YES, but ditch Shia and come up with an illegitimate one or something.

November 8, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Village Genius

Yes, since they are all old and uninspired they have to feel like they are relevant. We MUST always coddle the Hollywood ego or we, the fawning public, will have failed in our endless passion for praising the superior beings that let us enjoy their genius. Same with pro sports. It's our duty to help them stay rich at our expense.

November 8, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  157. neoanakinpotter

Hell yeah I'll see an Indiana Jones 5! All 4 Indy flicks were awesome. I can't see why there is sooo much "Crystal Skull" hate around here. With the exception of the Shia-swingin'-on-a-monkey-vine scene...everything else was really cool.
    I just hope it doesn't take 19 years to come out.

November 8, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  158. Nancy

There can NEVER be enough Indiana Jones movies!

November 8, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  159. kengio drapper

I am still waiting for history of the world part 2

November 8, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  160. Steve

I say – go for it, but spend money for better writers rather than more special effects. I also like the idea of Spaceballs 2. Mel Brooks + Lucas/Spielberg? Should be Fab!

November 8, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  161. bob

i would love another indy. movie

November 8, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  162. John

The last movie was a bomb. I love the series, but if they can't come up with something better than the last movie, leave it be.

November 8, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Spendlove

Of course another Indiana Jones movie is a good idea but more action packed adventure, less ex-girlfriend and annoying son.

November 8, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  164. Rick

Bring it on. But bring it back to basics. No space aliens please. Stick to our own world's mythology or religious mysteries. There's a ton of wonderful stores to be told.

November 8, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  165. Chris

Maybe its time for a good one again:
    1. Great
    2. Stinker
    3. Great
    4. Stinker
    5. Great?? We can only hope.

November 8, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  166. Jonah

Stop raping Indy! Please George and Steve (and in a lesser role, Harrison and Shiah), let Indy die with dignity!

November 8, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  167. jeff george

As long as they don't let Lucas write the script. This guy hasn't put out a good set of words since Empire Strikes Back. Half of "Jedi," and everything since, has been utter dreck. Somebody has to be strong enough to stand up to him and say, "Let somebody else write the darn thing."

November 8, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  168. John D

The last one was horrible and I LOVE Indy.

I agree about Lucas. He has a fricking GOD complex when you think all you do is gold??? Come on buddy everyone poops including you, why act if not?

November 8, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lucasisgod

Blasphemer, GL doesn't poop..... he is the man.

ha ha ha ha
      yep, give Lucas monry and power and what do you get? SW 1,2 and 3.... wow, what a waste of film..... and the Skull.... ugh..... SCI-Fi shows better movies than that.

November 8, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  169. AJ

Can't you just see it?

Indy is about to to traipsing around the jungles of central south-western Borneo in search of the Lost Civilization of the YadaYadas. But first, the nurse comes in to give him his pill. And he needs a nap. And since it's Bingo night tomorrow, maybe he should put it off.

November 8, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  170. Neal

I guess if you use enough botox and make-up, you can pretend that the action star isn't really 68.

November 8, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  171. Steven

I wish the Indiana Jones series produced more films like the James Bond series. I guess they still could, but might have to find a new actor to replace Ford. Ford kind of messed it up waiting 20 years between Indiana Jones 3 and 4.

November 8, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  172. Dave

Yes it's true the last one was horrible. Lucas writes for 4 year olds not mature audiences. But if Lucas was willing to write 30 seconds into the new script that made note that the last movie was just a big bad bad dream for Indy. .. Like Highlander 2, we all just pretend it was never released. In spite of the fact Lucas would probably write something silly, I'd take the chance for the possibility of the Indy franchise ending on the higher note than KOTCS provided. Would be nice to see Indy return to his roots of compelling storytelling and decent actors.

November 8, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kamish

Another fool that knows nothing...Lucas did not write the script...David Koepp did, based on a story by George Lucas, the same recipe for Raiders, a Lucas story, scripted by a solid hollywood writer...why don't you numb nutts get your facts straight???

November 8, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  173. tonyp

The silhouette at the beginning of the last show was amazing. The hat, the outfit, everyone knew who it was just from the shadow. But as most people will agree, the story was horrible! Just because special effects exist, it doesn't have to be larger and more grand every time just for the sake of it. A good simple archeological story with traps and surprises, a good villain thrown in, that is all we need. Maybe a huge surprise area under the Spinx for example. Somewhat believable and entertaining, that is what we want!!!

November 8, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  174. Jack

Can we gt someone other than Lucas to write it and Spielberg to direct it?

November 8, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  175. DudeDad

How about "Indiana Jones and the Quest for the Decent Script"

The last one was such a waste of time. They need to NOT make any more. The first three were fine, leave it alone.

November 8, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  176. Jonathan

Looks like he should be be more open to a face-lift.

November 8, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  177. aye-be

The last movie sucked. The original three where really cool because they where about ancient myths...the last one about aliens???? C'mon! If they could pull a better story line together for this next film then that's one thing but I don't want to see a repeat of the last attempt.

November 8, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  178. King Soloman

Yea the last one was lame. Take your time putting it together and i say win!

November 8, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  179. Andrea

Yes! Sounds great!

November 8, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  180. brooks42

Anyone who says that Harrison Ford can not play Indiana Jones does not seem to understand that Harrison Ford IS Indiana Jones..

November 8, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • BM

BINGO!! If he can't do it no one can. If he is too old then just end it now. I cannot ever imagine seeing anyone else playing "Indy". Harrison has filled the role perfectly. What do they wanna do put some pretty boy in it who is going to swing on the whip across a hole then stop and comb his pretty little hair out. What a joke.

And as for Shia goes....well....even he wasn't that great in Transformers and even worse in the 2nd one. See how he does in the 3rd one. He totally ruined the 4th Indiana Jones movie for me. What a waste of a script.

As for Lucas. HA!! He lost it when he did the Star Wars prequel. So childish seeming except for the 3rd one. And now he is trying to milk us all with a 3rd season, yeah you heard it right, a 3rd season of the Clone Wars cartoons. Jeez. Give it up. And not to mention all the toys for them. Milk the cow buddy til it is DRY!!

November 8, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  181. Jason

Please don't. The first three were decent. The fourth was bad.

November 8, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  182. MIKEY

Almost anything with Mr. Ford in it will be good. But I think he would need to "act his age" in the next one. He's 68, not 28. I say, go for it.

November 8, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  183. Rick

Yes! But only if they can get Brett Favre to join the cast. "Indiana Jones and the Field of Lambeau."

November 8, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  184. tlc

I've been a fan since the 1st one, but have to admit the last one was not so great, being kind here. I think if the series is to survive for future generations, they have one shot at a transition movie where Indiana hands over the reins to whoever the next generation is. Please, nothing personal, but Shia is not cut out to play the "Indiana Jones" type. What's needed is someone in their 30's or so that can carry the movie like a true leading man. I think we're all pretty much over the pretty boy rage in Hollywood and want some actual actors than can act, and not kjust look like they all got out of High School. Part of the thrill to the original Indy films was that Jones' character was no spring chicken, chin scar and all. If all else fails, look for some Australian or New Zealander actor to take the lead, seems they don't mind using "real" men for their roles.

November 8, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  185. Sharon

I'd love to see Harrison as Indiana again.
    But that last film wasn't very good. They need to make it more realistic, unlike surviving a nuclear bomb in a refrigerator.

November 8, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  186. Bah

No Nazi's no care.

I was all up for seeing the latest one until I heard there were no Nazi's....I seem to recall them being involved in most the previous story lines.

November 8, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  187. Gary

Yes. But please give Karen Allen more action to do. Ditch Shia, he was a drag on the entire movie...

November 8, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  188. chancesr

Let's have another one with 3 generations in it: Sean Connery and an unknown son with costar in Raiders. Would make for interesting mix of possibilities.

November 8, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  189. Andrew

As long as someone tells George Lucas that real people do not swing from vines. Seriously George? Please don't ruin the series like your did with Star Wars 4 & 5.

November 8, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kamish

Shows what you know, Star Wars 4 & 5 are A new Hope & Empire moron...

November 8, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  190. Ryan

NOPE.
    LAST one was awaful. So forgetable. The worst ending action scene ever
    and what is that – the action so garbage.

November 8, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  191. Tony Laudati

YES, ABSOLUTELY!! But bring back Lawrence Kasdan to write it. Offer him anything!! And focus on Indy and Marion. Send the son off packing to college.

November 8, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  192. s

Anything with Sean Connery and Harrison Ford is ok with me. Even if they're in rocking chairs – remembering.....

November 8, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  193. Leonard

I heard they will call it.....Indiana Bones

November 8, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  194. Diane

Hollywood Please STOP! What happened? Where has all the imaginationn in Hollywood gone! Hollywood is DEAD!

November 8, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  195. Soothseer

Hopefully it will be better than Indiana Jones and the CGI Skull.

November 8, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  196. John

Four reasons NOT to do another film.

1) The last one stunk.
    2) Harrison Ford is waaay over-the-hill.
    3) Spielberg is past his prime.
    4) George Lucas....forget it!

November 8, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  197. Trent W

A fifth one would be good, according to past history. First and Third were good. Second and Fourth ones stunk. Hopefully the pattern holds.

November 8, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  198. chuck

Yea! But no more fruit cake aliens!

November 8, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  199. RkyMtnMan

Sure, I'll go see it.

November 8, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  200. Liz

Absolutely!!! the last one was my second fave of the series, behind only Raiders of the Lost Ark. he can make a bunch more and i'll go see every one!

November 8, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  201. Aaron

Harrison looks so old-maybe he should have a son play indy

November 8, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  202. kelley

Great idea! Yeah, the last one sucked... but I would hope that they will learn from their mistakes and make Indy go out with a bang! And bring back short-round next time!

"NO TIME FOR LOVE DR. JONES!"

November 8, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  203. loricourtney

this is for all the haters. if you think you can do a better job. then do it. you cant please everyone. writing is hard.

November 8, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • CommonSense66

loricourtney–writing is definitely hard. Look how badly Lucas messes it up and then compare to what other writer's are able to create.

November 8, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Patch

Pitch: Indy's grandson is sent to locate the Tree of Life before al Qaeda gets its hands on it in a race against time in the lead-up to the post 9/11 Iraq War.

November 8, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  204. Mike J.

I would totally love to see another Indy movie – as long as it is much better than the last stinker! They need to make up for that p.o.s.! I'm not really on board with Shiat LaBarf potentially becoming the face of the franchise. Make this one count!!!

November 8, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  205. Pliny

"Indiana Jones and the Colostomy-Bag of Doom"

November 8, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  206. Zach

Sure...why not!? While you're at it...make a Rocky 7...geez. it's time to stop w/ the sequels and start making originals again.

November 8, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  207. Mad Doc

Why the heck not? Lets make it so! But will you have Deaf person in it?

November 8, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  208. Patch

I'd love to pitch an idea for an entry in the Jones series. Sadly, I feel like I cannot trust Lucas with his own story anymore, be it Indiana Jones or Star Wars. The Star Wars prequel trilogy can only be described as a laughingstock, and Indiana Jones 4 put the character into an early retirement. What really needs to be done is the series should move well into the future and follow other members of the Jones family.

November 8, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  209. Jen

I enjoyed the last movie! I say GO for it! True fans will always want more!

November 8, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  210. fw1421

I have been a fan of Harrison since American Grafitti but I hate to say it but Harrison is too old to play that role again,even if he's just playing Indiana's father. Sorry Harrison,you need to find another your that fits a man your age.

November 8, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  211. Brian

If they can really end the series with a great one, I say go for it! To end Indy on that last one would be sad.

November 8, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Devil's Advocate

They did end on a great one. Back in nineteen-eighty-something...

November 8, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  212. dave

question....if Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was so bad then why did so many DVD/Blu-ray copies sell. I can understand going to see the movie when it first comes out, but why buy it if it's a stinker? Same question applies to all the Star Wars prequels. It has become fashionable to join in the waive of negativity surrounding these movies. Don't like them....don't go seem them....I dare you. See you at the theater!

November 8, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • CommonSense66

Dave–There are a LOT of George Lucas fanboys (and fangirls) out there who will continue to buy every new iteration of the Star Wars movies. Lucas has proven over and over again that he is not good with scripts, and KOTCS's last act is proof positive of this. I was enjoying that film until the reveal began, and then I very nearly walked out on it–it is just.that.bad. I had read some stories in the media that Spielberg had to rein Lucas back in on the story, so if that was the "reined-in" version, I would hate to see what Lucas originally had in mind. Maybe Yoda and Indy would meet....

November 8, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Patch

I blame completionists (those whose film collections cannot be complete without the entire collection) and those who bought it for someone else.

In all seriousness, I'm looking at numbers now from the-numbers.com: 5,100,000 units of Indy4 sold, putting it at 9th best selling video release of 2008, just ahead of F-grade Bee Movie. Indy4 also has the lowest DVD sales ranking that year of any film breaking $100 million at the box office. I wouldn't say video sales were all that great for the film.

November 8, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kamish

Well Said Dave, these duches have know idea what's good...they only follow what somebody else says, because it's cool to hate on some things, rather than enjoy it for what it is...

November 8, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tres

Don't even try to imply for a SECOND that money made equals quality. The Last Airbender made a TON of money. It's still one of the worst movies I've seen in a long time, a sentiment shared by many.

November 8, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • elongelo

For the same reason people still buy new Rolling Stones CD's. If you like something you don't want your collection to be incomplete even if it's rotten.

November 8, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrsFizzy

Some people just buy them to plop their kids in front of & don't put much thought into it. But I wonder how many Indy fans saw this in the theater, and then still bought the dvd?

November 8, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Patch

FYI: I just looked at my stat about $100 million box office revenue and realized I totally misinterpreted the numbers they had given. I'd have to take a second look at that. My 9th in DVD sales stat stands.

November 9, 2010 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
  213. Mark L.

HELL NO!!!!! The only good thing about the last moving was when it was first starting and the music started and everyone started humming along. It was all downhill from there

November 8, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  214. Susan

Had no respect for Lucas left to lose, so that's not an issue...please spare me the sight of Indy traipsing around the jungle/desert/McCarthy hearings in his walker. I'm sure Harrison's physically up to it, but the camera ages him and it would just look ridiculous.

November 8, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  215. Aimee

I used to be a huge Harrison Ford fan. I have watched his career downhill for many years now. I had wanted to see the latest Indy movie, till I was told it was aliens. Seriously? No more Indiana Jones movies should ever be made. Harrison, you really need to be more picky on what movies you are doing. But hey, we all have to make a house payment right?

November 8, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  216. Dude

Last one was a serious let down.

November 8, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  217. Ted Roll

Indiana Jones vs Al Queda

November 8, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • RightOn

Re: Indiana Jones vs Al Queda
      Now that's one guy that could actually find Osama Bin Laden.
      LOL
      Whip him Indy... Again...again...again... screw it! pull out your gun and blast him between the eyes.

November 8, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  218. MadCityBabe

doesnt George Lucas know anything else other than Star Wars and Indy Jones?!.......Move on....we have

November 8, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kamish

Yeah he knows how to count money, what do you know?, not one damn thing that matters...

November 8, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  219. portalpunk

Maybe Indiana Jones could team up with Hans Solo

November 8, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  220. Mr Shaggyhomelessguy

I think it would be great to have another Indiana jones movie!!! The last one was very well done and if they can keep the laughs and suspense going....why not.

November 8, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  221. Bruhn

If you love Indy – you must hate "Skull". "Crusade" is still the end.

November 8, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  222. Scott

No. Please Lucass, just stop.

November 8, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  223. bill

GOD NO!!!!! #4 was an abomination and I lost all respect for Lucas

November 8, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  224. zack

i think it would be a bit better than last 1 maybe this one would be about angkor wat in cambodia during the early years of vietnam war where communist and the nationalist sides are being threatened by the domino effect of the communist north, i dont know lol

good luck lucas

November 8, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  225. Oz

Part 5?? BOOOOOOO.

November 8, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  226. Bob

Why not? Maybe the Indy franchise is the inverse of the Star Trek curse. Only the odd ones are good, the others suck. Although Star Trek finally broke that one with Nemesis.

November 8, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  227. VT Citizen

Why don't you have Spielberg write it and just get Lucas to sign off on it. Lucas' writing is a little too immature for todays blockbuster audience.

November 8, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  228. Hortense and Her Enormous Cat

Good lord, not another one. The last three have been bad, getting progressively worse each time, with the final one an abomination. Shia Laboeuf is a terrible actor, and the plots have been getting sillier and sillier. Make it stop.

November 8, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tim

I'm fairly confident when I say that you must be the only person on the planet that thinks The Temple of Doom is better than The Last Crusade. It's a fun movie and definitely better than The Crystal Skull, but Kate Capshaw's character really drags it down. What a terrible choice to follow Marion, one of the few well written female action characters (until Crystal Skull ruined THAT too).

November 8, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • brandon

To be honest, the first film was stolen almost shot for shot from other films. The "serials" that George Lucas grew up with. I was amazed when I saw a video where a guy juxtaposed the original films with their recreated scens in Raiders of The Lost Ark.

I think the reason every film is getting worse and worse to you is that each subsequent film has been more original material and less lifting of iconic scenes from other films.

November 8, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  229. alek

What happened to hollywood? Good lord.

I would love to see a south park episode that made fun of how Hollywood has lost all of their creative ability.

November 8, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  230. Jeff

Absolutely! Harrison is as good as ever, however, yes the last one was a huge disappointment. Lucas, please give us a great story and don't rely so much on digital affects and over the top visuals.

November 8, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  231. tevii

I think Harrison Ford can pull it off no problem. If its a good script.... Go for it. I enjoyed the last one better than the second one. (minus the scene with shia swinging with the monkeys)

November 8, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  232. ohsnap!

Well hopefully it will be better than the last one...what a stinker and a waste of Karen Allen.

November 8, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  233. Dwayn Smith

Yes it's an awesome Idea.I grew up dreaming of finding lost civilizations and old relics just the way Indiana Jones did it in the movies.It's a fantasy that must never end! I want my own children to also experience the freedom found in getting lost in the world of adventure and intrigue put forward by the Indie series.Awesome stuff.Can't wait for the next one.

November 8, 2010 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  234. AJU

YES!!! Indy will always be my hero. Go Harrison!!! Nobody else could have brought that character to life like Mr. Ford. I didnt really care for the whole alien thing in the fourth one but I am confident a better script and storyline can make the 5th one much better. Either way, loved seeing Harrison Ford in that costume. He is still hot!!!

November 8, 2010 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  235. kiki

NO! I don't want to see anymore Indiana Jones.....the last one was NOT good. Let's leave well enough alone.

November 8, 2010 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
    • joe

I agree, after that last stinkeroo, hang up the whip and do not destroy a good thing.

November 8, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kirk

heh, the last two were pretty bad. My favorite in order are: 1, 2, 3, 4. 🙂

November 8, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bruce

Love the Indiana Jones flicks but.. Want to do another sequel? How about a Spaceballs 2!

November 8, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jon

NO NO NO!!!!! It is over and done.....If they go through with it there will be more aliens and flesh eating ants...and Shia will have to be in it...NO!!!

November 8, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Juanito

The last one was terrible. It showed no matter how Hollywood tries to gloss up stories with CG effects, it still sucks without a good story and convincing acting. Harrison was just moving through it, without any belief. Maybe that's what happens in CG sets: certain actors can't do it.

November 8, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shai

YES MAKE ANOTHER ONE !

i didnt see that last one, but i will, and would love to see the next one. if you dont like it dont watch it, but give millions others to enjoy a classic as much as possible.

all the no sayers are not Indiana Jone's types anyways...

November 8, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

Maybe if they killed off the character in a really good way it may be worth it. But Harrison would have to die to make sure no more are made.

November 8, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • r

I agree. I had high hopes for the last one, and I was disappointed. I'd like to foget that even happened much less look forward to another one.

November 8, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Spartacus

As Matt & Trey, South Park Creatoprs/writiers have already said...
      OMG...THEY'RE RAPING INDIANA JONES !
      and they were absolutely right.
      That's exactly what Speilberg and Lucas did.
      And just as Graphically as it was portrayed...
      That's how emphatic my vote of "NO"..."PLEASE NO" would be to this rediculous idae.
      I do not think I can stand ever seeing something that horrible happoening to "Indy" ever again.

November 8, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • bailoutsos

He chould play the grandfather of a new "Indiana Jones?"

November 8, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brian

68 and he got a new earring! AWESOME!

November 8, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lee

Doing another Indiania Jones would be great IF it is at the creative and quality level of the first three. The last one just about destroyed everything we liked about the triology. They almost have to do another one to see if they can shake off the bad rememberance we all have of the 4th movie.

November 8, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • jerry

I think it would be an excellent opportunity to turn over the whip to his son & allow the series to continue.

November 8, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • springerjim

The last one was not too bad. Can not wait to se what he can do in a wheelchair!

November 8, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Texas Pete

Don't do it Indy! The last one was terrible and I have no faith in George Lucas anymore

November 8, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peter

KOTCS was a disaster. Last Crusade remains possibly the greatest family action adventure movie ever! I don't need extraneous CGI and Shia swinging on vines with monkeys. I need story! And I need Harrison Ford getting dirty!

November 8, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrsFizzy

Erm, Shai if you'd seen that last one... you might not say yes do it.

November 8, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

I agree. The last one was just awful. We aren't impressed with weak special effects and no story. Did they really think we wouldn't notice the ending made no sense? And special effects in the original were great because they were realistic. A computer generated cliff, or driving through a jungle without bouncing are just so fake it distracted from the lame story. You can't just assume nobody cares about the story.

November 8, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brandon

I think another film is necessary to open up the Indiana Jones universe and allow for more Indiana Jones stories to be told in different media. if they don't do this then I think the property will die, and it's too good for that to happen.

I think a lot of people have rose colored glasses for the original films. There were a few scenes in the film that should have been editied out, but overall there was a lot ot like about it. It takes real guts to go past the male fantasy of riding into the sunset wtih a new woman at the end of every film.

November 8, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • HBJ

Some people just don't know when to quit when they've had a good thing going. I purchased the DVD of the KOTLS when it came out, which took everything I had to sit through that movie. Worst Indy to date... one of the worst Harrison Ford movies to date. The first and third were the best IMO. The second was not good at all, but regained my interest with the third release Should have let it go with The Last Crusade.

November 8, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michael H

The last one was bad for two reasons. 1. Way too Sci-Fi and 2. The "Mutt" character blew it. Go back to the formula that works and a number 5 would be great.

November 8, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lesley

YES! YES! YES!

November 8, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

I think he knows the last one sucked, that's why he said "if we can agree on something that works"

November 8, 2010 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Raving Bohunk

How about "Indiana Jones and the Crystal Hip Replacement"?

November 8, 2010 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • doug

I'd only go see it if they killed off Shia's character in an appropriately gruesome way.

November 8, 2010 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • jay

not a good idea,the last one was very dissapointing,started well then ran out of breath very quickly.indy now married with kid? hang up the whip and let it go. and as for the person who said the dislikers arent indy fans i saw riders 4 times at the movies and bought every piece of indy merchandise going including a wested jacket so watch the sweeping statements !

December 5, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |