A trashy 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
November 8th, 2010

A trashy 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'

"The Real Housewives of Atlanta" may have moved to a new night, but they are still the site of the same tomfoolery.

Sunday night’s episode was titled the “Trashed Collection,” but honestly it could have been titled “More Delusions.”

First there was Kim’s disappointment with the new track Kandi worked up for her, “The Ring Didn't Mean a Thing.” Now I’m not sure, but I think Kim was more upset with the fact that Kandi is working with Sheree’s hair stylist Lawrence who, for the record, can actually sing.

Listening to Kim talk about how her fans have big expectations for her almost made me pass out. First of all, I’m sure that the six individuals willing to admit to being Kim's fans would agree that the problem is not Kandi’s track, but rather Kim’s voice. And why do people keep tap dancing around the fact that Kim’s singing voice is horrible? She sounded like garbage in the studio (see the episode’s theme).

Kim even ragged on vocal coach Jan Smith who Kim thinks just doesn’t get it. FYI, Smith has worked with some of the most successful folks in the industry, including Usher and a little artist who goes by the name of Justin Bieber. But what does Smith know, given that Kim got kudos for singing in her eighth grade concert?

I, for one, am rooting for Lawrence and his “Closet Freak” single if for no other reason than to see what he wears on stage. “An updated RuPaul” feel is what Kandi’s going for, but how is that very different from Lawrence’s every day drag?

Meanwhile, we discover that Cynthia’s baby daddy is the actor Leon, who appeared in hit films such as  “Waiting to Exhale” and “The Five Heartbeats.” That little factoid is sooooo perfect for this show.

At any rate, it was nice to see a couple co-parenting and maintaining a civil relationship. I think he gave Cynthia good advice on her upcoming engagement to Peter, and I’m digging seeing a storyline that doesn’t involve a woman running after a man trying to get him to commit.

Someone I wouldn’t be turning to for marital advice is NeNe. She and Greg are having a hard time of it and it wasn’t made any better by her getting tipsy while Cynthia and Peter were over. Again, I refer you back to the “trashed” theme. NeNe even went so far as to suggest that Greg may have cheated on her.

Shut the front door! I did not see a charge of possible infidelity coming at all.

I refuse to leave this blog without at least one reference to Fakedra, I mean Phaedra, and her assertion that her doctors were planning to induce her labor at seven months. Once it is known that you are an attorney married to a man who served years in jail, does it really matter when you got pregnant? But if she really believes that she can launch former Destiny Child’s member Latavia Roberson back on the road to stardom with a one woman show, than Phaedra clearly is open to lots of fantasies.

1. m welsh

Why are these ladies so trashy? They expose their chests, talk trash about each other, and all but the model have gained lots of weight! What's withy them, anyway?

December 25, 2011 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  2. MRT

"A trashy 'Real Housewives....'" isn't that redundant?

August 21, 2011 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  3. nikki

Kim is not dum!!! She is really a nurse. I think they are all wonderful!!!!

December 25, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Ms_undaStood

I will start from good to bad to ugly........kandi u r truly genuwine...but drop that zero and produce that "shero"......cynthia is too independant for peter he is a straight controller....nene u r strong just quit letting people bring out the ghetto in u.......sheree, kim, fakedra you bimbos need your own shows.....and that is SO not a compliment

December 9, 2010 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mark

wOW...TALK ABOUT GHETTO...KANDI LOOKS LIKE A ROOSTER...SHE SHOULD REALLY REALLY TAKE THE TIME TO FIND A HAIR STYLIST WHO HAS CLASS. ALSO THE NEW CAST MEMBER...THE "LAWYER" IS A REAL HOOT, ESPECIALLY HER MAKEUP...LIP GLOSS ON 2 LB LIPS IS A NO NO. BUT...MONEY CAN'T BUY CLASS....TRULY TRAGIC.

December 7, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • ghetto white girls

the only ghetto one on the show is the wig wearing neck snapping white chick. go figure.

December 17, 2010 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Intelligent Lady

Mark, you sound like a racist (no matter what race you are). Kandi is a successful Grammy winning artist and song writer. Artists normally have an eccentric or outlandish look. Kandi's hair is unique and fits her musician personality. Would you call the Caucasian artists who have multi-colored hair GHETTO? Probably not! Phaedra has full lips, which is a normal feature that Black women are born with. Non-Black women pay billions of dollars to plastic surgeons yearly to get Phaedra's full lips. Mark, hair and full lips do not make people ghetto. A person's actions (no matter the race) makes them ghetto. Get your mind and comments right!

December 22, 2010 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
  6. 60

Kim has no morales. She is dating someone's busband and she goes both ways. She sets a very poor example for her girls .. what a air head .. get a life and look around you .. you are destroying your girls with the way you live and how you talk and carry on around them. Stop thinking of your selfish self and think of your two girls. BTW, I never see you greet your Mother when you approach her, however, Poppa is always greeted and hugged .. What's up with that?Sheree, you are too stuck on yourself and opinionated. Get a clue and calm it down, girlfriend! When you are trying to learn a tread, you need to listen and not think you already know everything. dah!!! Nene, I know you still love your husband and you really want him to see the light, but .. all I can say to you is put prayer first every day and you will be all right. Cynithia, don't do it. He is showing you right now signs of a person who needs to be controling . Keep your mind and your eyes open, for feelings come and go, but real love stays around for ever. You will have your wedding day, but this is not the guy for you. Kandi, please handle your business first and dont mess around and go through the same thing that you went though with Tardy For The Party .. Get PAID FIRST!!!!!!!! a FRIEND is wonderful, but friendship is one thing and Business is another. Southern Girl .. I aint mad at ya! Do you and everyone else need to do likewise. As long as you are not offending anyone you go right on with your bad self. Peace and Love (lol)!

December 7, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  7. redd

Lol kim is a mess wigs sleepin with poppa prego by croy sleeping wit the lesbian..nene is just blunt outspoke sharee is 2 damn consede kandie is so sweet wish her success cythia u need 2 get your damn mind right peter go sit your old fossil bu down phadra u did what u had 2 do so no problem your business handsome baby handsome u got a package....I just HATE CAMILLE from HW of bevery hills

December 7, 2010 at 6:49 am | Report abuse |
  8. *Doug

This Show is wack, the real Rich Housewives of Atlanta don't know these women, and these women are not in their circle they don't have enough money. I'm talking about plantation money old old old money, these triicks are 1 paycheck away, except Khandi and Phadra. It's a shame how we sell ourselves for Fame. I watch RHW of Beverly Hills now the Maloff chick got $$$$$.

November 22, 2010 at 3:44 am | Report abuse |
  9. msknowitall

the only hoe on the show is kim, candi is celabate , phadra and nene are married , and cynthia is engage and in a serious relationship, sherre claims to be celabate

November 17, 2010 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  10. lil momma

I like the show its funny to watch y would u want ppl all n ur business like that if u put it n the open imma watch it y not

November 15, 2010 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Kim is a joke

Does Kim honestly think she is an "artist"? WHY oh why do people keep making her think she can when CLEARLY, she couldn't hold a tune if her life depended on it? Her "fans" expect a good track from her? Oh Em Gee! Delusional much?

November 9, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  12. joe

"The only person I'm routing for is Kandi"

Where are you "routing" her to?

November 9, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  13. Joe

You can take the ho out of the ghetto, but you can't take ghetto out of the ho.

November 9, 2010 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  14. Eddie King

Say Eddie King likes "A Trashy Real Housewives of Atlanta"

November 9, 2010 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  15. Chloe

Cynthia has been an international model for YEARS. I like Khandi and Cynthia myself...the Leon thing WAS a shocker, and it was good to see that unmarried parents can be civil. Kim...JUST STOP...same thing for that terrible lip-glossed Phaedra!

November 8, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  16. El Jefe

When ISN'T this trashy?

November 8, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Garry

Oh hell..lighten up, what was everyone expecting of this show? I would like to know what the hell was up with that damn baby shower???? And for gods sake. fakedra, you are NO southern belle by a long shot. Maybe you should get up on one of those horses (English style) and ride off into the fairy land in your head.lolol
    Kim..she is okay..Nene..getting kinda tired of her..Kandi.. I LIKE..Cynthia..don't know enough about her but she seems nice enough and Sheree..well she is Sheree

November 8, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Steve

I had salad for lunch (please see comment #2)

November 8, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  19. COurtney

Out of all the house wives show this is the one i dislike the most? do i watch it anyway and complain? NOPE i dont watch it at all..

November 8, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Fletch

Has HeSheree finished his/her surgery yet? Or does he/she still have his penis?

November 8, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  21. portalpunk

the women of real hosewife of the ATL are all dumb as a bell, they cant sing or rhyme or make their own dime. They hustle and bustle and live off the muscle, do-in nuttin for a living, but waxing up the tree and pretenden they be singin.

November 8, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • so sick of portalpunk

@portalpunk.... For someone who seems to hate real black women on tv (e.g., your covert racist comment about RHOC being "self made women" and RHA being on "welfare" if it weren't for their husbands) you keep posting a lot on this blog. Why come here? Could it be you like the attention? That YOU enjoy coming on here sounding "dumb as a bell"... while you "hustle and bustle and live off the muscle" of the RHA, "do-in nuttin for a living, but waxing up the tree" by looking for attention by riding off the success of these women.

December 23, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Duni

@Steven Segal
    So because there is a white woman with a bunch of black friends, she must be a wigga and not just another woman hanging out with her peers? Racist much.

All of the house wive, inlcuding the ones of Atlanta are supposed to be women of class that, financially, are being taken care of by their husbands.

The NJ and Atlanta housewives are running neck and neck for being of a lower class.

But that is not the reason why I watch. If it were a show about High tea, clothing and etiquette, many of the people complaining about the show would not watch it. So if you've sat there and watch it enough so know which names go with which characters. The time for complaints went out the door when you tivo'ed the show.

The only person I'm routing for is Kandi. And the one, whose downfall I can't wait for is Phaedra.

November 8, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Steven Seagal

Why do they have the token wigger woman on RHA?

November 8, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Intelligent Lady

Steven, Kim is not a wigga. Kim is a Caucasian woman on a hit reality show with a cast of five Black women. What would you call a cast of five Caucasian women with one Black woman? Why do you have to have a derogatory name because of the racial dynamics of the show? Kim has never tried to "act Black" or show any type of disrespect to Black people. As a Black women, it does not bother me to see Kim on the show. Television needs more diversity. You should criticize the other Housewives of NJ, NY, OC, and BH shows for not having any Black female cast members. HODC only has one Black woman even though DC population is mainly Black. There are many successful, self-made Black women in all of those states. Proof is in the pudding, Oprah Winfrey is the richest woman in America and Madame C.J. Walker was the first Female millionaire in America! Steven, lighten up.

December 22, 2010 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  24. BIGMOE

@josephine. You sound bitter, broke, jealous and lonely! Change the TV if you can't handle it. Period!

November 8, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  25. BIGMOE

I dont think she is lying about the do date, I just think she is pregnant with TWINS! And the show is making it seem like she is wacko!!

November 8, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Soljagurl

Khandi does it probably because the show asks her to and KIM CANNOT SING... I dont understand either why folks wont tell her she can't. Phakedra's lies will come out soon enough. We all know the baby was born already but when, we won't know yet. Sit back, relax and laugh when it all unfolds.....I love it!!

November 8, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  27. BIGMOE

@portalpunk

You are sooooooo funny!!..................but like I said, GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!......and I'm done........dueces Biatch!

November 8, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • portalpunk

@Bigmoe..... my facts are straight, and I thought you said you were done, but then you pop off later. Calling Cinnthia an international model is like calling a Single A Baseball player a professional baseball player, it may be technically true, but its a little misleading. I think I saw her on a shoe-polish ad once in Mongolia.

November 8, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  28. @portalpunk

November 8, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  29. josephine

@portalpunk, you hit the nail on the head! These women are plain trash. I know people in ATL & none act like these crazy fools. Why would Kandi have anything to do with Kim's "singing" career? EVERYBODY I know sings better than Kim. Phakedra needs to crawl back under that rock she came from. All she does is lie! And her husband may be a criminal but I bet he takes better of the baby than she ever will. She believes children should be seen & not heard. Take a look in the mirror you heartless bimbo!

November 8, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  30. cheefsfury

WHEN ISNT THIS SHOW TRASHY

November 8, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  31. BigMoe

@ "Portalpunk", get your facts straight!!!!

Kandi – Self made artist, producer and song writer...oh, with a GRAMMY!
    Cintthia – International Model
    Phaedra – Lawyer

Just Vickie and Jeana are the only two on RH of Orange County that WORKED!!

November 8, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Steve

I like salad with extra dressing, it makes me poooooo

November 8, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  33. portalpunk

I like RH of Orange County because a couple of them were self made women. This chicks from ATL would be on welfare if it werent for riding men's coattails. I guess some women think thats a profession.

November 8, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • jester

ha! surely you jest. all of the women on housewives of OC with the exception of the one working in insurance were plastic surgery obsessed buffoons who wouldn't survive a DAY without their husbands.

real housewives of ATL... let's see

Kandi – grammy award winning singer, producer and song writer
      phaedra - entertainment attorney
      cynthia – successful model and restaurateur

all making their own money. so come again?

December 17, 2010 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |