Emma Watson: 'Potter' isn't selling sex
September 3rd, 2010

Emma Watson: 'Potter' isn't selling sex

In an interview with Empire magazine, the three stars of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” – Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson, who play Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, respectively – opened up about filming, friendships and finally finishing 10 years of hard work. (Oh, and that highly-anticipated kiss scene.)

“Deathly Hollows,” Watson explained to the U.K. publication, is a far cry from the first six movies in the series. First, it’s split into two parts and took 18 months to shoot. Second, it’s much more emotional.

“The emotional stuff is much harder,” Watson told Empire. “These last two films have been on a completely different level in terms of what they’ve demanded from me physically and emotionally.”

Radcliffe said the scenery made it look like a World War II film, with Hogwarts turned into a fiery pile of rubble and young wizards’ corpses strewn across the battle field.

“No acting required; it’s absolutely terrifying,” Watson added. “I felt like I was in the army.”

Grint’s character, who normally provides some comic relief, takes on a much more serious role.

“You begin to see his paranoia as he sees Hermione and Harry getting closer and he’s not quite fully trusting of Harry’s ability,” Grint said. “Things begin to get a little bit heated.”

It gets heated on the battlefield as well. Part one of the movie focuses on Harry, Ron and Hermione on the run looking for Horcruxes, with part two dedicated to the apocalyptic battle with Voldemort.

“The second half is just this unrelenting chase that turns into a battle and doesn’t stop,” Radcliffe said. “You barely have a chance to catch your breath.”

And as for that kiss scene? Not so steamy.

Watson said the kiss between Ron and Hermione has been building for eight films, but “Potter” isn’t like other, shall we say...more overt movies.

“It’s not ‘Twilight,’ you know,” Watson said. “We’re not selling sex. So, whenever there is any hint of that, everybody gets terribly excited.”

Look for part one of “Deathly Hallows” in theaters on November 19. Part two will follow in July 2011.

Post by:
Filed under: Harry Potter • movies

1. escapadas romantica barata en murcia

I've been surfing online greater than 3 hours today, but I never found any fascinating article like yours. It's lovely value enough for me. Personally, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content material as you did, the net will be a lot more useful than ever before.

March 24, 2013 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  2. easy finance facts

I just couldn't depart your website before suggesting that I extremely loved the standard info a person provide in your guests? Is gonna be again often in order to check up on new posts

July 29, 2012 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  3. TrinhTienAn

a good part for us to see , i see is so part one of the death hollow Harry , Ron and Hormione runned in the forest looking for the Horcruxes and failled 3 characters escape to the office of a teacher ... and griffindoor sword... etc.!!!

January 2, 2011 at 5:13 am | Report abuse |
  4. mm

Free Online movies

October 10, 2010 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Cheshire Cat

y'all is an expression commonly used by Southerners. It stands for "you all" or "all of you"
    "Sedona" is how the city is spelled. "Victim" is the injured party, etc. I recommend the use of a dictionary and thesaurus.

I've read all seven "Potter" books and seen four of the movies. I've seen the first Twilight movie twice.The Potter books
    seem well written. Rowling is creating an entire world. Extra description is necessary and makes a richer book.

Best wishes to all of you,
    When the avenues of opportunity are closed to you, build a new road.

Cheshire Cat )

September 26, 2010 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  6. imafruit

bananas

September 23, 2010 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  7. nonezilla

Frodo lives!

September 23, 2010 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Voldemort

I'm a big fans to voldemort:)

September 21, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  9. DARK POTTEH

why does hermione & ron gotta be the one?!?!? it could be HARRY AND HERMIONE better!. 1 moh question, WHY DID VOLDEMORTS NOSE BECAME FLAT???

September 21, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Kumar

Hi 😉

September 10, 2010 at 3:50 am | Report abuse |
  11. fanweight..

i,think..someone said something bad,about good looking..that "thing" said daniel,and emma not good looking?!are you kidding me.. People absolutely know that you are BLIND!!

September 9, 2010 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  12. mookie

But when does Hermione get NEKKID???!!!

September 7, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Singing Gryphon

Did someone here actually call the Harry Potter books "literature"? HAHAHAHAHAAA!!! That's like calling Lady Gaga a "role model". HHAHAHAAAA!!!

September 6, 2010 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Singing Gryphon

Who the hell cares about the Grint/Watson kiss? It's the Radcliffe/Watson kiss that'll be hot. Because Harry and Hermione make a much more believable couple by far, especially since Radcliffe and Watson have genuine onscreen chemistry. Watson and Grint, zip. Rowling's a bad writer, of course, but her biggest blunder was having Harry hook up with a cipher (Ginny who?) and forcing too mutually antagonistic (and not in a CUTE way) characters into an unlikely, unlikable romance.

Feh. I'm so over Potter anyway.

September 6, 2010 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Singing Gryphon

Oops, sorry, I meant "TWO mutually antagonistic"...people. Dumb spelling mistake. My bad. Too much beer with the barbecue.

September 6, 2010 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joanna

You are my new best friend 🙂

September 8, 2010 at 2:02 am | Report abuse |
  15. PerfectMistake

November 19th= My birthday, I turn 16. 😀
    I CAN'T WAIT. Harry Potter comes out that day as well. :3

September 6, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  16. toadfun

but the big question is Emma selling?

September 6, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  17. bubuless

Arggg I love harry potter...but the scene in the latest movie is really sometbing though

September 6, 2010 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  18. tu momita

some of these comments r downright scary!!

September 6, 2010 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  19. P.J.

tgor
    That's easy for you to say.

September 6, 2010 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  20. kaara

Omg!!! Sooooo excited about Deathly Hallows! Love these movies and books. For the people who r comparing Harry Potter to Twilight, please stop. There is no comparision. Harry Potter is a well written series, while Twilight is trash.

September 6, 2010 at 7:21 am | Report abuse |
  21. 11egor

2222 Разве они не поцелуй в конце Принц-полукровка?

September 6, 2010 at 5:29 am | Report abuse |
    • 4444 ghj,

77 77 Разве они не поцелуй в конце Принц-полукровка?

September 6, 2010 at 5:31 am | Report abuse |
  22. jon

glad this is ending...i think every1 is...even the fans...so this made "video game" kids do something else that makes them stay inside n not excercise...read books. Haha.. But once this and twilight is done n over with, there will always be something else that is blown up waaaaay too much. Ok. Its a good book n movie but we do not need underwear to prove it!

September 6, 2010 at 4:07 am | Report abuse |
  23. john S velez

Harry Potter is a distraction I will always enjoy and wish I can be occasionally transported this fantasy. To imagine is to live your dreams.

September 6, 2010 at 3:34 am | Report abuse |
  24. postalsha

Oops, the Sedona comment was intended for Lara. My apologies.

September 6, 2010 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  25. postalsha

Harry Potter is extremely well written literature, credited with turning an entire generation back to reading. Solid plot lines, suspense, descriptive storytelling, and amazing character development. Twilight is a young adult romance novel. Please stop comparing the two because they are both in the news at the same time. Oh, and, ninson-burns patrick, if you really lived in Sedona, AZ, you might spell it right. Stephenie Meyer wrote Twilight in Glendale, AZ. She moved to Cave Creek, AZ when her books began selling so many copies...

September 6, 2010 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Singing Gryphon

As for Twilight, at least the Myers chick can write believable teenagers – even when they're werewolves, heh. The only character Rowling wrote that comes off as authentic is Professor Snape, if only because he found Harry annoying. So do I!

September 6, 2010 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tina

Interestingly enough, not everyone shares your view. Ask any writers community and they will tell you that JK Rowling uses too many adverbs and adjectives and her writing is too drawn out when a simple sentence will do. It's kind of a waste of space, like this comment I am bothering to make.

September 6, 2010 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  26. doug

They need to all do it in the but.

September 5, 2010 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Thatruthurts

Its a movie and a book nothin more u ppl got ur fu#kin head in an unrealistic venture.read the books and watch the movies and shut It up its not real and the only reason they were printed was for money not for people to worship it might as well be a bible for nerds

September 5, 2010 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • blueblue

Wow, Harry Potter SHOULD be the bible for nerds, that would be awesome lol.
      Also, I don't know if you've noticed it, but noone is saying Harry Potter is real. Maybe you should try reading the previous comments first, next time?

March 17, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Drew

Having read every harry potter book, I am crazy stoked to see this movie. I sat for almost 3 days STRAIGHT reading this book, I literally couldnt put it down. I really hope the movie captures the suspense and emotion of the book. I know what I will be doing on Nov. 19th...

September 5, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Lilly

I credit the Harry Potter series with making my kid want to read. The Twilight series put her off books for a while.

Meyers' books also are written to reflect her own devout Mormon faith and beliefs, which you can see if you know anything about the LDS religion. Stealth indoctrination.

September 5, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mugglemama

I TOTALLY agree!! I just wanted to PUKE when I read the part about Jacob and the newborn baby girl. From the fact that Meyers writes so easily from the viewpoint of an adolescent girl, to the fact that the storyline makes Edward out to be some kind of God that she can't live without, this story screams LDS all the way through! Meyers can't write well at all.

In contrast, Rowling is one of the most talented authors ever. A lot of people can write, but very few can do it as well as she can. She's like the Stephen King of children's literature. I wish she'd write as many books as he has! Even though I love authors like Steinbeck, Hemmingway, and King, the most fun I ever had reading was definitely the Harry Potter series.

September 5, 2010 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Singing Gryphon

So, using your criteria, I take it Rowling is into witchcraft? GAY witchcraft?

September 6, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  30. nifkin

Wait so does Harry destroy the One Ring at the end?!?

September 5, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  31. the reader

JK is a genius. Book4 covers ISO – cauldron thickness. 5 and 6 cover a useless central government; and book 7 has Fox News – "potter watch". Watch movies, do not read and you exist in Twilight.

September 5, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Bos615

So, no one noticed the writer spelled the name of the book/movie wrong? "Deathly Hollows"? Sweet...

September 5, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Pacifist

Go ahead and start rolling your eyes, I'm going to say this anyway. WHY does seemingly every "epic" story have to involve bloody battles? Why do movies need wars to be "exciting." If all these students & teachers have magical powers, why didn't they use them to subdue & conquer all the hostility that creates the tension that drives human being to want to cripple and kill each other? I took my children to several midnight Potter parties. The themes of friendship, loyalty, parental love and rescuing Harry from abusive step-parents were all wonderful. And then . . . it all turned to violence. WHY was that necessary? Peace to ALL.

September 5, 2010 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Gabby

Because sometimes you have to fight for what you believe in. Your kids have to learn that not everything is sugar and sweet. These books portray realism in that people die during war and families can be torn apart. Rowling shows that even through all this evil, true love can still prevail,true friendships are everlasting, and just how powerful innocence is.

September 5, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ths

Gabby just hit the nail on the head. Kudos to you, Gabby. Anad how is Harry having an abusive aunt and uncle not violent? Vernon and Dudley beat the crap out of him all the time.

September 5, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • LaLuna

The reason you can be a pacifist is usually because someone else is doing the fighting for you.

September 6, 2010 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Keva

@ LaLuna: I totally agree...that was a VERY good point.

September 28, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Derek

All I know is that the special effects are going to suck like the other six movies. Really, Warner Brothers,you can clearly see all the strings in the quidditch match scenes. So tacky.

September 5, 2010 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  35. stelange

why the heck she mentioned twilight? it's a different story line. gosh, did i detect jealousy?

September 5, 2010 at 3:43 am | Report abuse |
  36. JasonAnder

Some of theses comments are so bad. I don't mean bad as in they make me cry cause they hurt my feeling, but bad in their attemp to troll.

I mean seriously, learn how to troll before you go and try to start a riot.

Americans...*facepalm*

September 4, 2010 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  37. r

Oh, who cares anyway. Hermione and Harry would've made a better pair anyway.

September 4, 2010 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  38. amentalcan

As the series has gone one, the screenwriting has gotten worse & worse. They have missed so many plot points up to this point, that the last two episodes have no chance of resembling the original story. Read the books folks, if you really want to appreciate the Potter saga. Ms. Rowling won't let you down like the last few movies do.

September 4, 2010 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Snarf

Well since they made so much stupid scenes on the last movie, they will need to correct many of those to get a good point to end the story.
    Remember that they wanted to kill the kreacher but JKR got them on that, and they needed to get some new scenes to get him on the story... or they would be doomed for both of those movies.

And Emma... forget about the Army. With you high shoes you couldn´t even get on a parade...

September 4, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Gabby

To people complaining about spoilers: Get the program and read the books. WIth that said:

1. Harry is the unintentional seventh Horcrux.

2. Lupin (the werewolf) and Tonks (the Metamorphmagus) get married. Fearing for the life of his new wife and unborn child, Lupin leaves and then following an argument with Harry, comes back. He and Tonks have a son whom they Ted after Tonks' father who was tragically killed. Teddy is Harry's godson and lives with his grandmother Andromeda after Lupin and Tonks are killed in the final battle.

3. Speaking of those who die: Mad-Eye Moody, Hedwig, Fred Weasley, Colin Creevey, Dobby, and Snape.

4. Snape is good. He killed Dumbledore on Dumbledore's orders and was really trying to protect Harry throughout the series. This stems from the fact that Snape has always loved Harry's mother Lily, ever since they were children. The color of Harry's eyes is important because they reminded Snape of his love and devotion to Lily.

5. The Deathly Hallows are three magical objecs that when united can allow the user to become the "Master of Death". The objects are: The Elder Wand (an unbeatable wand), The Resurrection Stone (allow people to speak to the dead) and The Invisibility Cloak (which allows anyone who wears it to be invisible and protects against certain spells).

6. Ron and Hermione get married in between the final chapter and the epilogue. They have two children: Rose and Hugo.

7. Harry and Ginny get married in the same time frame and have three children: James, Albus, and Lily

September 4, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • LaLuna

You forgot about Hedwig dying, but the movie trailer looks like Harry sets her free.

September 6, 2010 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Gabby

Sorry, how could I forget her? No, I think what happens is that he lets her go and then she returns and sacrifices herself and that's what gives him away to the Death Eaters during the seven Potters sequence. (All this is according to the leaked script that appeared online)

September 6, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gabby

Never mind, I included her in the original post.

September 6, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Spongebob!

I love Harry Potter. To death. Way better than Twillight for sure. First, in HP the main charaters aren't automaticly popular, like Bella is in twillight. Harry and the Gang have more problems than Bella does, because either someone wants to date her or kill her! If they had to called 'realistic' Harry Potter, who has so much made up terms I can't spell them, is WAY MORE REALISTIC! LAWLS.

September 4, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  42. ninson-burns patrick

why should people talk about this. It
    a part in the movie. If you really watch the movie well you will not be talk about this. Do u guys remember how hermoine got to know that Ron was her true love? In the half blood prince. If you do remember, you will be eager to watch how hermoine get fall for Ron

September 4, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  43. ninson-burns patrick

i can't wait to watch this parts. It been a dream come true. How i wish i can join you guys in your next movie. You are such an inspiration to me.

September 4, 2010 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  44. Lara

Another thing, for all of you who are making fun of it and doing it seriously, GET A LIFE. IT IS'T REAL, AND IT WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE. Man, it's just a story involving a boy with magical parents. Same for Twilight, which I also like, but know that it ISN'T real! Nor do I dress like a Twinerd and run half naked down the streets screaming out "EDWARD, COME TAKE ME AWAY!" To be honest, it sucks living in the same city as her, people travel here ALL THE TIME to try to get a glimpse of her (I live in Sadona, AZ, where she REALLY lives).

September 4, 2010 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  45. Lara

I remember when the first two HP movies came out, then I was hooked! I like Twilight, but I'm not an obsessed stalker loser fan like the rest of the Twilight obsessers. But I did love HP and still do. Doesnt mean I go around waving sticks around trying to cast imaginary spells, and shiz. And HP was't meant to be a romantic story anyways! I've read all the books, does that make me a fat lonely nerd? Wow, I hope not, considering I DO have a life. Some of you guys are very rude. Go HP! Love it forever! <3

September 4, 2010 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  46. laura

Check out this new, cute, catchcy Emma Watson song & music video on YouTube.
    HERMIONE GOT HOT! by NYC singer/songwriter David Ippolito.
    Just have fun!

September 4, 2010 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  47. hp fan

what is the point of saying such rude and hateful things about anything or anyone? why even read the article if all you are going to do is post a hateful comment? harry potter is fabulous and historical!

September 4, 2010 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  48. your mom

Yall are all freaking losers! Victoms of advertisement. Idiots.

September 4, 2010 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
    • will

Unlike you, most idiots can at least spell... LOL....

Seriously,Watson is correct though.... the Potter story is so rich...so deep, Twilight is thin and cheap...too bad Hollywood won't have another series like this, ever.

September 4, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  49. love it!

If you hate Harry Potter, why read this article? Plus, who cares if you think the books are terrible, Harry Potter (and Twilight) have helped push generations of "video game" kids to read! If the stories are beneath you, don't read them and please don't waste your "precious" time posting hateful comments about other nations and how Stupid everyone is.

September 4, 2010 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  50. Fro

So, who shot JR?

September 4, 2010 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |
  51. nifkin

Wait what? Soylent Green is made out of people?!?! Only 1 Spartan survived out of the 300?!? Kevin Spacey was Keiser Soze?!? BOB killed Laura Palmer?!?
    Fuuuuuuuuuu@%!

September 4, 2010 at 6:03 am | Report abuse |
  52. aj

never gave a flying.... Well lets just say i'm glad this fad is over now lets kill off twilight and get back to reality

September 4, 2010 at 5:54 am | Report abuse |
  53. Mike

Emma Watson is starting to look seriously hot. I think she will get even hotter over the next 10 years.

September 4, 2010 at 5:50 am | Report abuse |
  54. paul

Who's hermione

September 4, 2010 at 5:46 am | Report abuse |
  55. pablohack88

Bryam bear. Where the hell did these rants come from? You are way out in left field. Time to mellow on the flashbacks and hit the booze. Chill bro....

September 4, 2010 at 2:34 am | Report abuse |
  56. pablohack88

Bryam bear. Where the hell did these rants come from? You are way out in left field. Time to mellow on the flashbacks and hit the booze. Mellow bro...

September 4, 2010 at 2:33 am | Report abuse |
  57. Frank

Mmm, Emma and Rupert.

September 4, 2010 at 2:15 am | Report abuse |
  58. cyphonix

Literature as well as film making are fine art forms, as well as multi-billion $ industries. Go Hollywood!

September 3, 2010 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  59. cyphonix

Literature as well as film making are fine art, as well as multi-billion $ industries. Go Hollywood!

September 3, 2010 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Aaron

how is a vampire I don't burn in the sun stupid movie ...compared to a magic casting I have a wand movie?...just asking....watch True blood thats a vampire show.....and I like Harry Potter love the magic side of it

September 3, 2010 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  61. jason

I think the real question is where does she kiss him? 😉

September 3, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Don

Harry Potter will NEVER be Twilight- do you know why? Because Harry potter is actually a well written series in book form and a well acted, well directed series in movie form. Twilight is nothing but a Harry Potter wannabe ripoff with godawful writing in the books and even worse (if that's even possible) acting on film. But you can't talk any sense to the Twiheads or whatever they're called so let them have their pathetic series while the rest of us enjoy the phenomenon that literally captured the world called Harry Potter.

September 3, 2010 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elise

Thank you for saying what I get too angry to articulate. The writing in Twilight is barely passable...for fifth graders. The writing in HP is impressive next to any writing in the world. Criminy, just because an idea appeals to a reader or readers, that doesn't mean the Pulitzer is in order.

September 12, 2010 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  63. MIA

I AGREE THE KIDS THAT PLAYED ON HP WERE WOUNDERFUL!

September 3, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Druid

I want to know if they can do it on one of those brooms while zooming around in the stadium

September 3, 2010 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Russ

Schlongus Extendus!

September 3, 2010 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Petey

That's the next episode – Harry Potter and The Schlongus Extendus.

Seriously, I would hit that like it owed me money.

September 3, 2010 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Thia

hahahahaha. That is genius. hahahahaha

September 3, 2010 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  66. jake

I loved the films as well as the books. HARRY POTTER RULES! THANK GOD FOR HARRY POTTER!

September 3, 2010 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Anonymous

Why are most English people so very, very ugly/homely-looking!!!!???? Those three look like trolls, geesh!!!

September 3, 2010 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Russ

I can see where you as an American might think so. None of them are 100 pounds overweight and stuffing Burger King down their gaping gullets in the picture.

September 3, 2010 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anonymous

The Harry Potter film does not aim to portray unrealistic, plastic surgery obsessed, hollywood celebrities, but normal looking kids who the readers and audience relate too. The central appeal of the trio in the books, is their brains and personalities....and the fact that they aren't the popular, inane ones. Also.....as Dan himself says, they are not 'Hollywood' actors, but serious stage and screen actors who want to be hired for their ABILITY and not their looks. The actors in our generation, who have made an impression, have been the ones with TALENT and not airbrushed beauty eg Ian Mckellan, Meryl Streep, Alan Rickman etc Acting and beauty do not go hand in hand, and throughout the LONG history of theatre, never have. That is only the way it has developed in the US.

September 3, 2010 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Thia

Since obesity is a current ENGLISH problem, shut up and quit complaining. Your country is more fat than mine is.

And actually, those three are beautiful people. Emma is just beautiful and the boys are very handsome!

September 3, 2010 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Actually...

... my very first thought was, "Dang, that Emma is growin' up *nice*!"

September 4, 2010 at 5:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Elise

Yes, I pity those poor old ugly Brits, like Cary Grant, Jane Seymour, Elizabeth Taylor, Laurence Olivier, Kate Beckinsale, Orlando Bloom, Helena Bonham Carter, Sean Connery, Hugh Grant, Elizabeth Hurley... Oh, well, the list of hideous ones goes on!

September 12, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  68. enough is enough

Yay for the end of HP and Twilight!! Time for everyone to move on 🙂

September 3, 2010 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Maggie

I have read the Potter books and the Twilight books and seen all the movies released so far. Harry Potter is far more interesting and the characters are more engaging than Twilight.

September 3, 2010 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Hai5

beezelbum

September 3, 2010 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  70. boogie

Fo shizzle!

September 3, 2010 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Kevin brown

Its days like today that I can be happy that I never wasted anytime on hairy...

September 3, 2010 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Maggie

Kevin: So why did you even bother to read this article? What did you expect to get out of it?

September 3, 2010 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • boog

hairy? You definitely didn't waste your time on school, either.

September 5, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elise

You didn't waste much time on spelling skills either!

September 12, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Greg

Such an unrealistic movie...like a Ginger kid is going to have two friends.

September 3, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  73. abbey

Wow all I can say is...yall need to get some lives like for real

September 3, 2010 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Matt

I haven't read the books, but the spoilers are set up in the previous films. It's been obvious what's going to happen for quite some time now.

September 3, 2010 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Lynne

Ron and Hermione do not kiss in Half Blood Prince, either the book or movie. The Ginny-Harry movie kiss in HBP is very brief and antiseptic, compared to their steamy, lengthy kiss in the book.

What do you mean, spoiler? Surely everyone has read the Potter books by now.

September 3, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jason Anderson

Ignore GO AVAY. Just some pathetic child who is trolling(Charactyers? Really?).

September 4, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tietothebie

Antiseptic? Really? Like, they've brushed their teeth and washed their hands? Talk about a squeaky clean movie I guess.

September 5, 2010 at 4:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Ellen

Have you even read the books?? Hermione and Ron DO kiss in book 7. Right after they get back from getting the Basilisk venom. It's brief, but it is exactly what all Potter fans wanted. Hermione and Ron to finally become a couple.

September 6, 2010 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Maya

You need a spoiler alert for a movie adapted from one of the highest grossing books of all time? It's not an original movie- everyone already knows who ends up with whom. Spoiler alert not needed.

September 3, 2010 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  77. HarryPotHead

When's the tongue?

September 3, 2010 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  78. TheJohnBlog

Thanks so much for the spoiler alert, geniuses.

September 3, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • eaglebane

Wow...there are still spoilers for this series?

September 3, 2010 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • jds

Here's another spoiler – Harry dies in the end. Also, Dumbledore comes back to life. Lucius Malfoy kills Voldemort and has an affair with Bellatrix. And lastly, Chuck Norris and Hagrid go on a rampage, saving the kids at Hogwarts. Chuck ultimately becomes headmaster.

September 3, 2010 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Maggie

jds: Hilarious!

September 3, 2010 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Thia

Spoilers? Really? And where have you been for the last ten years. Ok, so I hate to ruin it, but Darth Vadar really is Luke's father. I know. It's shocking.

September 3, 2010 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Snape Kills Dumbledore!

Also, just in case you didn't know:

Rosebud is a sled.
      Aeris dies.
      Soylent green is people.

September 3, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Thia

Rosebud is a sled? DAMN YOU! 😉 Bruce Willis is really dead in the 6th Sense. So there!

September 3, 2010 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Oh, yeah?

It's on now, Thia! Jerry, George, Elaine, and Kramer end up in jail!

How do you like them apples?

September 4, 2010 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Marney_5

There is no chin under Chuck Norris's beard...... There is just another fists!!!!! Pow!

September 4, 2010 at 2:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

Spoiler Alert: OJ's wife is dead! and they think HE DONE IT!

September 4, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rick

Oh Yeah? Well in Psycho Tony Perkins is his own mother, so there!!!

September 27, 2010 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  79. Mike

Didn't they kiss at the end of Half-Blood Prince? I am pretty sure I was miffed about that since it shouldn't have been until the 7th book.

September 3, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sammara

No, they did not kiss at the end of HPB. In the books and movies, it does not happen until DH.

September 3, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Thia

Oh yeah, Oh Yeah? Well, Ross and Rachel end up together and Lucy and Ricky got a divorce real life! Helen and Andy got married and so did Angela and Tony! How do you like them apples! 😀

Just don't tell me if Niles and Daphne got together. Quit with the spoilers! 😉

September 4, 2010 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
    • tgor

Разве они не поцелуй в конце Принц-полукровка?

September 6, 2010 at 5:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Alexis

Harry and Ginny kissed in HFB. Ron and Hermione didn't kiss til they were back in the Hogwarts castle towards the end of DH

September 20, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |