June 15th, 2010

Tattoos and sing-a-longs on 'The Bachelorette'

Last night on "The Bachelorette," Chris told the 11 remaining suitors that they would be traveling around the world to win Ali's heart, and the journey was set to begin in New York. They had one hour to pack for this trip, but given that they are men, it wasn't going to take more than five minutes, tops.

There were two individual dates and one group date in the works. The first solo date went to Kasey, who said "life couldn't be better" thanks to the one-on-one. He needs a more fascinating life, as well as subtitles.

Ali, who may have lost her fear of flying, took Kasey on a helicopter ride over Manhattan. The two then had a picnic by the sunset, which Kasey ruined by singing to Ali.

By evening, Ali and Kasey were at the American Museum of Natural History, because nothing says romance like dinosaur skeletons. After acting like first graders attending their first field trip (running in the halls, making animal noises), Kasey launched into song once again, leading to millions of mute buttons being pressed nationwide.

Ali opted not to give Kasey a rose, saying that he wasn't being "real" to her.  But she didn't kick him to the curb, instead offering him a chance to show that he's genuine.

Seven men were picked for the group date, and they headed to Times Square to look for Ali, who told them via video monitor to find her "in the concrete jungle." One guy pointed to a "Lion King" sign across the street and promptly found her. Worst scavenger hunt ever.

The seven end up inside the theater where Broadway's "The Lion King" is playing, and were asked to audition for a role in that night's show. The men dance like they need to use the bathroom, and their singing makes Kasey sound like Michael Buble. In the end, Roberto won a spot with Ali on the show.

Afterward, Ali and the men got together for a party. Jonathan the weatherman said he was falling behind, and that it was crucial for him to have alone time with Ali.  He tried to steal her away from another man, but failed miserably. Kirk, on the other hand, managed to not only steal Ali away but also take her back to her hotel and tuck her into bed. Jonathan's forecast? Absolute zero.

Ali, who felt like the "before" picture of a cold remedy ad, opted not to hand out a rose on the group date, and called off the individual date with Chris the landscaper. However, she asked Chris to join her in her hotel room, so Chris - chicken soup in hand - went on his way.

Ali eventually felt better (the power of chicken soup!), and she and Chris went out on the town. In the end, Chris got a rose.

Meanwhile, Kasey and a camera crew went missing from the "guy suite." We found Kasey at a tattoo parlor, where he was literally putting his heart on his sleeve - specifically, his right wrist.

When Kasey returned, he told the guys that he burned himself and had to go to the hospital. Justin, a noted fibbing expert based on what he did last week, called Kasey out on his claim. Kasey showed off his wrist tattoo, and the men thought he was four ants short of a picnic.

Jonathan tried to win Ali's heart again, this time by singing to her. If this were "The Gong Show," no one would have won the $516.32.

When all was said and done, Ali gave Jesse and Jonathan the boot. Jesse thought the "city/country" divide hurt him by the end, while Jonathan's forecast was gloomy with a 100% chance of sad.

Next week, the gang goes to Iceland.

What did you think of last night's "Bachelorette" episode?

1. Southern Brat

I think now they need to Throw Jake P. from the Bachelor in this bunch since him and Vienna have split now.

June 22, 2010 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  2. patooey

hilarious post! =)

June 18, 2010 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  3. superfanKPH

I just want to guard and protect my new Kasey tattoo!

June 17, 2010 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  4. STLrose

Ali is the single most boring and irritating and silly and childish, etc., spouse-shopper this show has ever featured! And that's saying something considering some of the past candidates. But we're watching anyway (via Hulu reruns) 'cause we just can't help ourselves.

June 16, 2010 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  5. DANA

I am really liking this time around with bachlorette.I have ti admit I didnt care much for Alley on the bachlor.But alot of what goes on is what the producers want to happen,so not so much of what Alley would say if she could... It is already figured out who it will be.It is in both there eyes. Roberto is the one hands down ... the other guys are pretty cool though. But it will be Roberto..The guy that gave her soup is nice but the tatoo gut,well I cant stand to hear him talk he mumbles or something but no worries he will be next to go..The two that she let go,one was a surprise for me and the other predictable.

June 16, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Texas Mom

I just finally watched this episode. Yall are right Chris N.? Where did he come from and why does she keep him around? There has got to b something going on. Who knows but I for myself do like Roberto and Chris L. They are the best by far. Although I am seeing a side of Frank that I like too! Who knows guess we will have to wait and see. Tatoo guy is to weird for me. He just comes across as hes got some screws loose.

June 16, 2010 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  7. jan

I am also pleased weatherman is gone. Chris L is so grounded – awesome guy, if he ends up with someone as unstable and whiney and selfish as ali it will be a shame

June 15, 2010 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  8. deb

My favorites are Chris L. and Roberto. I'm glad weatherman is gone. He takes himself waaayyy too seriously. You can totally tell that Ali doesn't care for tattoo guy just by the expressions on her face! I can't believe she kept him last night!

June 15, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  9. dani

Ughhh Kasey needs to go. Jesse is hot but that's it. Yeah i agree who the heck is Chris N. lol but i'm glad Weatherman Jonathan left, he got too whiney baby for me.

But if you must know....Roberto, Frank, and Chris L. are the final 3 guys.....but Frank does something sooooo stupid.

June 15, 2010 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
    • melissa

how do you know they are the final 3?
      and why in the world would you post that on here?

June 15, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Linda

Who the heck is this guy Chris N. and why does she keep him?? I don't him ever being on any group dates with her let alone her even talking to him – yet she keeps him. Then when she asks him if he would accept the rose he winks at her. Is he a mole or something – who gives her info on the guys? I just don't get why she's keeping him. Is anybody else noticing this? It can't be just me.....

June 15, 2010 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Kim

Yeah who the hell is Chris N. He gets zero screen time. I personally was bummed she let go of Jesse. He was the best eye candy of the season.

June 15, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Don't read the next comment

If you don't want to know the final 3, don't read the following comment by Dani. Just a heads up. And people, don't go posting spoilers.

June 15, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • jane

oh my gush i noticed it also. i was so sure he will go home. he never gets camera time, he never says anything. i dont get it. yet she always calls him, very weird

June 16, 2010 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  11. ron

uhhh.... I'm here to guard and protect her heart...... but seriously how did that chris guy make it through...... at the end I was like who is this guy

June 15, 2010 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
    • DMC

You must mean Kasey? The tattoo guy? Cause Chris L is awesome! Chris N... who?!

June 15, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • soph

@DMC i think ron means chris n.
      seriously. i dont think i have ever heard that guy speak.

June 15, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  12. cathy

what was the name of the singer on the roof top with Ali and Chris on their date. Thank you Cathy

June 15, 2010 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Linda

Joshua Radin. He's amazing. More popular songs of his are Today & I'd Rather Be With You. He sang Today @ Ellen DeGeneres's wedding....

June 15, 2010 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |