June 15th, 2010

Dina Manzo done with 'Real Housewives' because of Danielle Staub

Dina Manzo is done with “The Real Housewives of New Jersey,” and a statistical analysis reveals it’s all because of Danielle Staub.

"I would say 99.9 percent is because of Danielle [Staub], but the other .1 percent was drama created by her," Manzo told Us Weekly.

As fans of the show can concur, "Danielle became all we ever talked about! I wanted to film some fun stuff," Manzo said.

The May 31 episode, in which Staub showed up at a charity event with a bodyguard in tow, wasn't the kind of "fun stuff" Manzo was hoping to capture. The event, which was held at the Manzo-owned catering hall called The Brownstone, became the scene of a dispute that ended with Manzo’s nephew being called a gay slur by Staub’s company.

“That whole night at The Brownstone just put me over the edge," Manzo said.

Here’s the kicker about her exit: Manzo thought she’d signed on to “a nice family show.” (Even if she'd honestly never seen any of the other “Real Housewives” franchises, surely the table-flipping in the season one finale would've tipped her off as to what kind of show she was on.)

Now, Manzo is a “Real Housewife” no more – once she saw the direction the show was going in, she opted to take her leave.

Besides, Manzo added, Staub "will make up whatever lie she can to hurt you, and it’s dangerous. Who wants to be associated with that?"

Filed under: television

1. lauren

Dina and her sister Caroline are bullies...always telling people what they should do...Danielle is no saint, but they don't have right to call her trash all the time...goodbye to Dina...who cares...take your sister Caroline with you.

July 19, 2010 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Dana

Dina is utter trash as is the rest of her guido family. Jersey is the lamest of Bravo's Housewives episodes with a bunch of constantly knocked up fatties that stay at home and wait on their unattractive, disgusting men. I feel truly sorry for these spineless women. NY Housewives Rock!!

June 23, 2010 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Gracie

I couldn't believe when Dina quit the show.Clearly the one who needed to leave was Danielle she has clearly shown for the past couple weeks that she really needs help.She's a troubled person,hope that Dina will gives the Real Housewives another chance.

June 20, 2010 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Michelle

I am so disappointed that Bravo would continue the Danielle drama! She is seriously mentally ill and they are capitalizing on it. The Manzo family, like most of good American families shouldnt have to put up with her "garbage". I love Caroline 🙂

June 16, 2010 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  5. cloudcover

The RHONJ is more a "family" affair. DIna was good to go. There should be less realated people and more variety of "actors". I don't care to see the "love.love.love" fest....so i won't. BUT,,,,Dina, good luck and may all your projects prosper.

June 16, 2010 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  6. Lynn

I am sorry to see Dina leave. Danielle is the one that should leave. Her antics are getting very old. The ladies need just let her go and go on with their lives. She was so embarrassing last week, I turned off the show for a while. I will miss Dina.

June 16, 2010 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  7. Dawn

I have quit the show also. I was so tired of Danielle Drama. I just could not watch anymore. It was too draining.

June 16, 2010 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  8. SOCAL

Danielle needs to leave the show. I like all the other ladies.

June 16, 2010 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Lynne

Agreed....All the housewives shows have their drama, but Danielle, I believe has problems she needs help with. She lies like a rug, wears the victim label all the time, and she keeps saying she wants nothing to do with the other ladies, yet at any chance she gets, she brings them up and the stories are all lies!! Her children must be so embarrassed by her, I know I would be. She should join all her ex-con friends and just leave....the show and NJ!!!

June 16, 2010 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  9. Shirley

Danielle is a drama queen, she craves the attention. It makes the show more exciting. I do believe that she is a bit touched in the head though.

June 16, 2010 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
  10. laura

I am a fan of all the houswives shows. I am sorry Dina left the show,who could blame her. I always wanted to say give Danielle a second chance but she is clearly a fool.& shows disrespect to herself & others. Dina was always upfront & calm & honest. Danielle tries but seems to twist the facts & play victim – her behavior at the Brownstone was awful. Well best wishes to all.

June 16, 2010 at 6:46 am | Report abuse |