June 10th, 2010

David Hasselhoff: I'm ready to get roasted

David Hasselhoff will be the subject of the next celebrity roast on Comedy Central, the network announced, with the heat slated to commence on August 15.

“I’m honored that Comedy Central is going to get ‘Hoff’ on me,” David Hasselhoff said in a statement. “I have always been a major fan of Roasts, dating back to the days of the ‘Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts.’ Laughter is the best medicine. Bring it on! I’m ready to take the heat.”

Comedy Central is known for its irreverent roasts where the stars rib the subjects, often with language not suitable for a family-friendly blog. Look for lots of jokes about alcohol at this one.

Filed under: Celebrities • television

1. Increase your social presence easy & fast for FREE!

Thank you, I've just been looking for information about this subject for ages and yours is the best I have came upon so far. However, what about the bottom line? Are you certain in regards to the supply?|What i do not understood is in truth how you are now not actually a lot more smartly-liked than you might be right now. You're very intelligent.

September 18, 2012 at 5:50 am | Report abuse |
  2. Andrewl Herwoodk

Can I simply say what a relief to seek out someone who truly knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You definitely know the best way to carry a problem to gentle and make it important. Extra people have to learn this and understand this side of the story. I cant imagine youre no more common since you definitely have the gift.

July 9, 2012 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  3. rusty

matt damon is bourne, with out him it will suck big time sorry not interested will not see or buy the fourth without him or julia

October 24, 2010 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Evan

What's really sad is that they're going to do all these knee-slapping jokes about the infamous cheeseburger clip and his hospitalizations for alcohol poisoning and just generally yuck it up over how hilarious alcoholism is. I saw a promo for the roast on Comedy Central where the Hoff himself does a cheeseburger joke where he picks one up and it falls apart. The Hoff is in denial about a very serious medical disorder called alcoholism and it is no joke. People are dying from it. His daughters have been scarred by what they've witness. Families are ruined by alcoholism. And Hoff is playing along with all the hilarity over it.

July 14, 2010 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Elizabeth

I love the Hoff. Maybe we can make fun of the 80's humor in Knight Rider.

June 12, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Travis

After watching him as a judge on "America's Got Talent", I'm not sure who can do a better job of humiliating and degrading David Hasselhoff than David Hasselhoff. Did anyone notice that he was always the last judge to render his opinion? It was always after the first two judges (Sharon Osbourne and that other British guy) gave opposite verdicts, and the tie-breaking vote comes down to him. Instead of making a strong and principled decision, he caves in and turns to the cheers or jeers of the audience to make the choice for him. Predictably enough, the most laughably untalented act would advance to the next round (can anyone remember the Zooperstars?). I would expect this kind of nation-embarrassing behavior from Jerry Springer, but c'mon...

June 11, 2010 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Matt

OH YES! Just when I thought they couldn't top the William Shatner roast. But how are they going to get KITT onto the dais? 😉

June 11, 2010 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  8. thehenderson

Hope they have plenty of liquor and cheese burgers backstage!

June 11, 2010 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  9. Martin

why the hell are they roasting David Hasselhoff? Maybe on Comedy Central – Germany, but this has no place on American television....

June 10, 2010 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jules

Why not? They're not giving him the Nobel Prize. It's a bunch was semi-funny people dumping on the guy for an hour using extremely crude humor. I'll bet Cloris Leachman and Betty White will be there too. Just sit back and enjoy.

June 11, 2010 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
    • crystal

why do you care if he gets roasted or not...seriously? how will it harm you? i'm really curious!

June 11, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  10. K Harper

I love the holf man. smooth dude.

June 10, 2010 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  11. laura

Toasted or roasted ???? Just kidding–they will have plenty to say about him !!

June 10, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  12. LBW

I thought he got roasted a lot and that was his problem. I saw the cheese burger tape. He was huge roasted.

June 10, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |