May 17th, 2010

Bret Michaels is headed to 'Oprah'

Bret MichaelsBret Michaels is ready to rock Oprah Winfrey’s world.

The 47-year-old rocker hasn’t even been out of the hospital for two weeks, yet he’s already lining up concert dates, and most recently, just booked a gig to appear on “Oprah” Wednesday, according to his website.

Michaels had been receiving treatment for a brain hemorrhage, and is currently in physical therapy twice a day since his late April hospitalization, but the “Celebrity Apprentice” finalist apparently is ready to get back into the game. He’s got an album out on June 8, “Custom Built,” and he plans to remain on tour through December.

Donald Trump told Access Hollywood that Michaels “turned out to be a real fighter," and he's hopeful that Michaels is up to attending the live finale on May 23. The former Poison front man is going head-to-head with actress Holly Robinson Peete for a $250,000 prize for their respective charities.

1. Name*misty cato

Im so excited that Bret is doing well..i hope to meet him one day..and yes I would lobe to see him marry long-time girlfriemd Kristy Gibson, you can see that they were made to be each other ""ROCK"

March 12, 2011 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  2. Sanford Yeropoli

I am really thankful to this topic because it really gives great information ,`"

January 18, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Joanne Kontic

Seeing Bret in concert, he is a real hard worker and loves what he does. He will never ever give up at anything. His true passion is music. He is real good at it too. We all have seen and heard him and love him. Now it is his turn to shine. If you feel strong I fully support your reasons and I know it is for a good cause.
    Keep on rockin and make the best for yourself and your cause. I hope he feels strong enough to put enough time to spend with his family and everything he wants to accomplish in the future...
    God bless!
    Joanne Kontic, cupertino, Ca.

May 19, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Rhonda

@thumbs. The people who do not know who this guy is and why he is relevant are the idiots. They shouldn't be commenting and whining about someone they know nothing about.

I finally googled Holly as I had no idea who she was. 21 Jump St. Are you serious. She talks as if she is a huge singer/actress.

May 18, 2010 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  5. N56

I'm sorry Patricia Swiderski that your daughter is not doing as well. I hope she has a full recovery.

May 18, 2010 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Neuropsychdoc

As a doctor in the neurology field, it pains me to read some of the inaccurate posts that unfairly point the "blame" to the patient. Please educate yourselves. As already mentioned, ANYONE (unfortunately) is susceptile to a brain hemorrhage or aneurysm. In some cases, it is possible to point out the cause (e.g, MVA, hypertension). For others, the etiology is unknown. We can speculate all we want about what happened, but the reality is we may never know. And it's not for us to know (it's called HIPAA).

May 18, 2010 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jessie

Everyone has their own opinions!!!! Some of you should keep them to yourselves.

May 18, 2010 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  8. George Pitt

Bret should really slow down a bit. He beat the 'grim reaper' this time (unlike Ronnie James Dio), and it would probably be best for him to rest for few months. Then again, after his ordeal, he probably wants to make the best of every living minute he's got, and get back to business. Can you blame him?

May 18, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  9. havoc247

Which recovery? This guy has more problems than all my exes combined. Going on Oprah and crying about it is jumping the shark IMHO.

May 18, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Marie MD

Glad that you are doing well, but oprah?????
    Take a breather and rest up a bit man.

May 18, 2010 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  11. bambo

Holly Robinson-Pette ROCKS!!!!

May 18, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Patricia Swiderski

On April 30, 2010, my 37 yr. old daughter suffered the same type of subarachnoid hemorrhage that Bret did. I am very surprised he is getting along as well as he is, but happy for him. His must not have been as serious as hers since she is having balance, vision and memory problems and there is no way she will be able to take care of her 4 children very soon. Being a celebrity, he probably was taken care of immediately at the hospital; whereas she was left to linger in the emergency room for 5 hrs. before a hemorrhage was determined. Also, he has the money to pay for his care and she has limited health insurance,.

May 18, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  13. C.l.

Time will tell about all this spectulation. Hey AGuest9, might be time for you to get over your little scary child hood nightmares of an old man in the clouds theory. Are you that egotistical? Remember this on Your Death Bed. "Every Knee Shall Bow" yeah this includes you.

May 18, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Moony

Brett, when will you go away, please. You look ridiculous. I am glad you are recovering however.

May 18, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  15. jeanne

passion fruit stinks anyway....you survived the Donald....You WIN!!!!!
    Good Luck.....everyone is voting for you...not Mrs. Crybaby Pete....

May 18, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Jason

HE IS GOING TO DIE I CAN GUARANTEE IT!! HE THINKS HE IS 20 YEARS OLD AND IN PERFECT HEALTH!!! HIS DOCTOR TOLD HIM TO TAKE IT EASY AND SLOW DOWN! BUT NO HE WILL NOT...I FEEL SO SAD FOR HIM HIS DAUGHTER AND HIS FANS......IT IS JUST SAD HE WILL NOT TAKE IT EASY,STOP NOW OR CNN.COM WILL WILL SOON BE REPORTING BREAKING NEWS...BRET MICHAELS DIED TODAY OF A SEVERE BLEEDING ONLY WEEKS AFTER LEAVING THE HOSPITAL.....IT WILL NOT BE A SHOCK....IT WILL BE SAD BUT NOT A SHOCK..............YOUR NOT 20 YEARS OLD BRET.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SETTLE DOWN A LITTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE FOR YOUR FAMILY!!

May 18, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Apprentice Fan

Melanie:

Touche', and well said!! It's the definition of a "loser:" Someone who has to cut someone else down to build their own ego. In Texas we call it "Big Hat, No Cattle." And I'm a straight man/Firefighter.

May 18, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  18. thumbs

@ rhonda,
    who are the idiots? the people who don't know who this guy is and why he's relevant? or the people (mostly women, no self respecting guy would ever admit to listening to poison) who have followed this no- talent for years because he makes them moist

May 18, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  19. NicoleR

Bitter people should learn to keep their mouths shut.

I believe the reason Brett is in the news is because he is currently on Celebrity Apprentice. If not for this, only is fans would know about it. Being in the national media spotlight changes the way the report news about you. Them the facts.

As for the mean comments about his risky behavior. Everyone messes up at some time, but he's been one of the relatively clean rockers from that era. I guess Rocker=addict, Black=stupid thug & Mexican=illegal to people. So sad.

Great to see, Brett will keep rocking the world in his own way.

May 18, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Apprentice Fan

I am very surprised and pleased that Bret Michaels is in the finals for the Celebrity Apprentice. He has shown good creative skills, good judgement, and has been very respectful to the other celebrities unlike that two-faced backstabber Holly Peete. I'm not a hard rock music fan nor a Rock of Love show fan, but did like watching the big boobed cats fights swooning over him. He did at times not wear his signature head-band and is not bald. I was routing for Cindi Lauper and Bret to be in the finals, but will now route for him to be the winner and his worthwhile charity. My prayers are with him for his total recovery.

May 18, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  21. paul

regarding the previous post: May 17th, 2010 2:26 pm ET
    I wonder if constantly having a bandana tied around your head can give you a brain hemorage? –
    I AM WONDERING, IF CONSTANTLY BEING A MEDICORE SINGER IN A LAME BAND CAN GIVE YOU A BRAIN HEMORAGE?

May 18, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Scott from PA

Nice guy, but lucky his band made money. They were the worst of the 80s!

May 18, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Rhonda

He wouldn't be Bret without his bandana. It's his "thing".

He isn't faking what happened. He almost died!

I just hope when this happens to you or one of your loved ones, people don't poke fun at you and say it's fake.

The only reason some people say he's a washed up 80's star is because they weren't even born then or old enough to have listened to his music.

And what is wrong with all the idiots out there that think he was a wrestler lmao.

May 18, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Billy M. from MI

Thats what happens when you start putting hair plugs into your head, your head fights back

May 18, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Eumir

Oh people..... Puleeeeeze!
    What a no-talent dirt bag.

May 18, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Bushpig

I like Oprah on South Park with her minge, and Gary the a.h. Gary had a Jamaican accent.

May 18, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Bushpig

I hope he jumps up and down on the couch like that imbecile Tom Cruise.

May 18, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Anet

Hope he gets well real soon. Hes suppose to be at ROT ( Repulbic Of Texas) Bike Rally. June 12..

May 18, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  29. dave

From everything I've read, this is a great guy. A devoted father, an energetic and helpful person. I wish him nothing but the best. I didn't follow his music as I'm 62 years old and still hung up on the Four Seasons, but I really like this guy. I have followed him on Apprentice or I wouldn't have had a clue just how nice a person he is.

May 18, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Josh

I agree with many here. There's nothing wrong with taking time to get better. We'd rather go one summer without seeing you on stage than to take even the slightest chance of never seeing you on stage again. Ask MJ's kids how much they miss their dad. Imagine yours feeling the same way. Take it easy. We'll still be here next summer and long after.

May 18, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Melanie

Uh Hello people. How in the hell do you fake a brain hemorrhage, and what doctor and hospital would go along with it ? My God, you people have no empathy. You don't know Bret, so don't judge him. Everyone on the Apprentice has nothing but good things to say about Bret and from what I have seen he is a pretty nice guy. Keep in mind that he is on the Apprentice to raise money for his charity. And Dave, wow, maybe you should restart your meds, you seem to be a little high strung (and nasty!) Now it's uncool to raise money for The American Diabetes Foundation? Unbelievable !

May 18, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  32. StevieRayHalen

was this whole thing just a publicity stunt?

think about it.

he's gonna win apprentice now.

HUGE – huge

i'm looking forward to the interview –

May 18, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  33. former poison fan

Sounds like his publicists are hard at work. First Oprah, then the book deal and finally the fragrance line.

May 18, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Whatever

Don't you people relize this whole brain thing is to get ratings for himself. Come on and wise up.

May 18, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Melanie

Notice that almost all of the negative comments about Bret are from the males? Jealous much? I have seen a picture of Bret without his bandana and he is not bald. He does look better with it on (like the cowboy hat better though). Why are you comparing him with Dio? They are two different people with different sounds. Why dis Bret? If you don't like him, don't listen to him morons !

May 18, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  36. karoa3

What "WON'T" this mediocre excuse for a singer/songwriter do for publicity?

May 18, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Bethany

I agree with Tiffany and other posts that suggest this has all been a huge publicity stunt. Just think what this will do for the ratings for Trumps final show...during May Sweeps! It seems to becoming a trait now during May and November, two big sweeps months for t.v. shows and their ratings, to get celebrities having major surgery or undergoing risky medical conditions. Even Barbara Walters delayed her surgery for May Sweeps. Regis had open heart surgery a few years ago during February or May sweeps. Open your eyes people, and realise...you can't believe the media. You will all no doubt tune in to Oprah (another money grabber) and Trump's show. The other hilarious part of all this was seeing Brett Michael's picture in people magazine, wearing his bandana supposedly unconscious in the hospital bed! As if doctors would allow that after brain problems!! Wake up people!

May 18, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  38. shirley

I"v never hear of either one of them.

May 18, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Old dude

No one cares about Brett or Oprah.

May 18, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  40. dawn

@ Samantha...The girlfriend that you are referring to is his on again/off again children's mother. They are now back together. she's the one who got him to the hospital with the brain hemmorage.

May 18, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  41. guiliana italiana

Wow!

Dio was great – no doubt about it, should he have received more, you bet. I would have like to have learned even more.

Brett Michaels, who cares if he has extension, or that he wears a bandana. Do you care that Burt Reynolds, Chuck Norris, John Travolta and many other men wear toupees?

Who cares about Lindsay Lohan but yet we see her everday and she isn't trying to raise money for diabetes or any other worthwhile cause other than herself.

So much trash guys, so he has a few extra minutes of fame in this life, if you don't want to read it don't, if you don't want to watch it, don't.

May 18, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Dave

Bret is a jerk. He was paid to preform at a county fair and almost refused to preform the gig because there were only about 50 people. He got his money and felt the crowd was too small. I guarantee had he not preformed, he would have kept the money.
    I'm really sick of hearing Bret say "I'm diabetic" every 30 secs. Who gives a s*** if you take 4 shots a day. You've got the money to afford the insulin and treatment. There are people out there worst that him that can't afford the medicine and treatment needed. His "charity" is a joke too. If you have a job, you can forget getting help from the American Diabetes Foundation. They are only interested in the "free loaders" of this country.
    Hey Bret, loosen the bandana before you stroke out again.

May 18, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Clueless

Who is this guy anyway? Is the same guy who was a wrestler in NWA?

May 18, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Jason

this is how dumb people are, they buy into all the publicity hype BS. notice how it all happened right in time to boost CA ratings, set him up with Oprah and annouce his tour. Up, fraud, but not as big as Hollys fraud charity that pads her own pockets.

May 18, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  45. MJ

Bald, full head of hair, who cares. I sure can't picture too many people who have survived a brain hemorrage. This is the time for positive comments.....those others are going in one ear and out the other. Go Brett!

May 18, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  46. John

Poison frontman. Not, former Poison frontman. Poison is still a recording and touring band.

May 18, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  47. bethalarid

Why sweet Lord, couldn't you take Bret instead of Ronnie?!? The world be a better place

May 18, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Andrea

Glad he is feeling better! Just take it easy and Oprahs and Bret fans will appreciate it...

May 18, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  49. DDSilks

I just hope that Bret beats the pants of that witch Holly Robinson Peete.

May 18, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  50. jasoninla

Women are so dumb...You guys would buy his ball sweat if they put in a package and sold it......

They guy had like 2 hits 20 years ago and you still drool over this fat bald guy cuz ya think hes cute.......

LMAO

May 18, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Derek

UNSKINNY BOP, baby...yaaaaa!

May 18, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Mychaeltodd

Slow down Brett! you a good guy and we want you around!
    By the way vote for me, I'm trying out for a OPRAH OWN reality show:

May 18, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Brett

go carol go......I guess that answers that question huh? LOL.

May 18, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Bella17

He IS Bald....Check out the People magazine with him on the cover....theres a pic on the front of him laying in a hospital bed with his bandana on, yet theres ZERO hair under it.
    I love the guy and dont care about him being bald-but I just noticed it myself.

May 18, 2010 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Thad

I haven't been following his recovery very closely but I've got 10 bucks that says he found Jesus.

May 18, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Matt Jones

You guys seriously believe that Brett Michaels was on his death bed? The "exclusive pictures" were of him wearing his bandana and wig while dying. YEAH OK. This entire thing was a publicity stunt (I'm sure to get the crowd out for upcoming tour). A return from the dead (deathe bed) tour. Come on, the media played right into it. And look at the comments below, you guys all were pulling for him.

May 18, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Love

ILLUMINATI GOD IS GOOD

May 18, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  58. AGuest9

No, he's alive because he didn't die. There is no imaginary old man in the clouds watching over everybody, determining who should live and who should die...

May 18, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  59. EilueenPerez

He should be thanking God he is alive.! God is the only reason why he is alive. He has the power to control our lives, death, life, etc. I know of so many who didn't survive, heart, brain, etc. surgeries. Recognize the power of God! He had mercy on this guy (for whatever reason)

May 18, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  60. tassi

yankeebunnie – Daughtry is not bald, he shaves his head.

May 18, 2010 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  61. in my opinion

For all of your comments here from individuals that don't appear to know. I am a Stroke Survivor as well. EVERYONE is at risk for stroke. I have NO markers that would indicate I was at risk for stroke~none. Yet, I did have a stroke. While, some life choices can lead to health problems such as stroke, etc., not EVERYONE has these. I do not have any health issues that would in any way warrant a stroke. My lifestyle is a healthy one, my labs all come back in the normal range. There has been no clue as to why I had a stroke. Let's hear from Mr. Michael's before you make a judgment call here. While I am not familiar with his lifestyle or his band, it seems there are a lot of armchair quarterbacks out there that need to sit back, listen and learn....this could happen to you with no warning~just as it happened to me.

May 18, 2010 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Todd

I feel sorry for all of you who have to make this in to a Michaels vs. Dio thing. My guy is better. No, MY guy is better! Brett sucks. No, Ronnie sucks more! Whatever... I happen to like and listen to BOTH of them on a regular basis. That being said, there will never be another voice like Ronnie's. Ever. And what's the big deal with whether or not Michaels is bald? So what? Dio was bald on top for years.

May 18, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  63. Drum Daddy

The bandana is to hide the seriously receding hairline. Been there– seen it.
    I'm starting to think the "brain bleed" was way over hyped & not nearly as serious as his people have made it out to be. (Was it just a really really bad headache from too much partying, Bret?) It's really starting to look more like a big PR ploy. And Bret knows how to play the media for sure.
    And as for those bimbos who did the Rock of Love show. A lot of them knew it was all a farce & just did it thinking it would boost their "careers"– yeah, right. I won't even tell you what Bret had to say about some of them (it would get censored anyway), but trust me, girls, you wouldn't have liked it. You ladies out there really need to THINK twice before you do a stupid demeaning show like that.

May 18, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  64. baseballmamasita

For those dopes out there that for whatever reason think that CNN spoiled anything, how about watching the show when it's actually on? Sunday, May 16th??? This story was posted on Monday, May 17th??
    How does that spoil anything? A spoiler is when the show hasn't actually aired yet. Duhhhhhh...........
    Go Bret go........!!! Best wishes and good health to you.......

May 18, 2010 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  65. Sam P

That episode of Celebrity Apprentice is not on until tomorrow here. Don't assume everyone has seen the show.

May 18, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  66. Who cares?

Why is this even news on CNN? CNN use to be so well respected, now its little more than a feeding tube for celebrity publicists. How about a more indepth story on Ronnie James DIo who was much more important, talented and respected learder of a very popular genre of music. Not some has-been clown who is known more for his reality show s than his music. Please make it stop!

May 18, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  67. Lisa

I'm disgusted by Brett's attempts to capitalize on his ill health. Oprah should play no part in yet another celebrity (and a z-lister at that!) making money from misfortune and a sob story. Absolutely disgusting.

May 18, 2010 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  68. pockets

This guy is going to end up on a slab soon. He's not only bald but stupid as well to ignore health risks, I guess we get what we deserve.

May 18, 2010 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  69. anono

Bret has been know to exaggerate anything for publicity. this is no different. He may have had an issue, but if you are suppose to be fighting a life or death battle, and you are giving interviews and doing picutres with People magazine and annouce the start of of a tour 3 weeks later. Then really how bad off can you be? People stop buy his snake oil. He is just a self promoting salesman. Doens't even mention Poison anymore- Just himself.

May 18, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  70. Clavo

Not that it matters, but he wears the bandana to hide the fact his hair is actually a hair piece, or wig. if you saw the pictures of him in the hospital bed. he had the bandana, but no hair.

May 18, 2010 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  71. WilmaWonka

If he wasn't bald before, he may be now. Do you really think they'd let him keep all that hair with a brain bleed? They probably shaved his head in order to treat him.

I'd love it if he showed up on Celebrity Apprent. sans hair and in a suit. We'd know then, for sure, that his brain exploded.

May 18, 2010 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  72. shopo

CA is down to two contestants. Did you not watch Sunday night. It's Bret against Holly Robinson Peete.

May 18, 2010 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  73. Joe Fattal

This the guy that have that show where bunch of girls stays in his mansion, and after he gets them nice and drunk he goes and put his hands all over them. Oprah might get lucky.

May 18, 2010 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  74. Anonymous

Selling out his story already? It hasn't even been a month.. sheesh.

May 18, 2010 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  75. barry blackwood

The next logical progression in his career after Oprah, should be the obligatory duet with Willie Nelson.

May 18, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  76. Dustin

Who tricked themselves into believing that Poison was metal?

May 18, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  77. Maui

TO: Golden State Girl

I agree with your statement.

I think she is a Narcissist. She doesn't do anything without making sure her name or image is associated with it. She wants all of the attention focused on her. For example: her picture on the cover of her magazine every month, her name associated to every charitable thing she does, the parties she throws that specify wearing, let's say black and white, and she shows up in red. Even her giveaways are more about the fact that SHE's doing it and not why she is doing it.

I can't take away the good she's done but I doubt she's doing it selflessly.

May 18, 2010 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  78. AGuest9

Ronnie James Dio, a true rock icon died, and we spent time on a washed-up 80s has-been who is obviously not following his doctor's advice???

May 18, 2010 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  79. Melinda

Lol at those who claim Bret isn't bald... I suppose Michael Jackson wasn't hiding his baldness either...

May 18, 2010 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  80. Dana

He is not bald on one of his rock of love shows he had it off and also one of the girls called him fake and he said "I pay top dollar for my extensions". Rather it is fake hair or not he has it.

May 18, 2010 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  81. carly

Bret i am soooo freaking happy that you are better but dont ruch your self.!!!!!!!!...i have made it a goal in my life to met you!! and i hope it comes true! lol..!!! but dont rush things and get better.!!!

May 18, 2010 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  82. CJ

Bret's agent and marketing director are pure geniuses! To take an aging, not very talented, stuck in the 80's style, rocker, and turn him into something the public wants to watch is brilliant! I am also curious about his bandana....maybe that is part of his mystique.
    At least he is not out on tour like the rest of the seniors, who have long lost their voices and their looks. At least he is working and supporting his children, and contributing something to society (however in bad taste it is).....

May 18, 2010 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  83. Jeannine

Brett, I am THRILLED that you made such a wonderful recovery, but please do not take on so much so soon. Your health and family come first. Your fans all love you and will wait until you are ready!

May 18, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  84. Erin

I love Bret AND his bandana! I hope he recovers fully!

May 18, 2010 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  85. michelle

As an intensive care nurse and dealing with brain hemorrage patients, PLEASE slow down. As you can see you never know what tomorrow may bring. Let your body recover and gain strength again. God bless.

May 18, 2010 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  86. Jason

I hope Bret rocks Peete, she is a scam winning money for her OWN so called "charity", talk about a fraud. There are plenty of more open and influential Autism charities, yet this lady needs to pad her own company

May 18, 2010 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  87. michael

Glad the guy is okay but lets face it, this guy is an egotistical bore and not interesting at all. Enough please, even his music is far out there.

5 minutes of fame over (or should be)

May 18, 2010 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  88. kitty

bret michaels is very handsome. i happen to love the bandanas. It accentuates his beautiful eyes. Anyone dissing him here is just jealous that he is almost 50 and still has the 'it' factor. I wish him a speedy recovery and can't wait to watch him kick some Holly butt on the apprentice.

May 18, 2010 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  89. Tom

Ive seen pics of Bret...He is completely bald on top ..his hair is shaped like a horseshoe around his head. He wears a long blonde wig which the front is covered up in front by his bandana...NO LIE!

May 18, 2010 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  90. Lady Manitou

Brett , I don't know if you will ever read this but I am so gald your still with us and able to preform. You were a inspiration to my son and he so enjoyed time spent with you and the other guys of poison. He never missed coming to see you when he was alive and you were near. On my wall still hangs the poster that you signed for his little boy and myself. I have wanted to say thank you for a long time for being a friend to my son. He was so proud when you ask him to come party with you guys. Thanks again...

May 18, 2010 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  91. Joyce

I've always wondered if he takes that bandana off in bed. Hey are there any exes out there who want to tell us?

May 18, 2010 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  92. MJ

I don't listen to music much because I am deaf, but I learned a lot about him through the Celebrity Apprentice. He is a very kind and wonderful man, a good father to his two girls. I do hope this hemorrhage scare will wake him up to appreciate the good life and enjoy more. Please take it easy and get plenty of sleep – I remember you were saying that on the show you didn't get enough sleep! Have a good balance, ok?

May 18, 2010 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  93. Becca

For One thing everyone does have a right to their own opinion. But Brett is also in the news as well as all the other stuff so people are focusing on all the news. And each news artical that is commented on does not mean that people does not care about any other news going on. I do not know how many of you know that Brett is a real miracle..He should be dead with what had happened to him. Not only does people die from this but he is a diabetic also. But he is walking around and will completely recover. That is a real MIRACLE in it self. So this is news also.
    Brett does need to thank his lucky stars every day that he wakes up. Brett should not push it either just because he is being told he will recover fully. SLow down as rest is what makes you recover not running around wearing your self out!

May 18, 2010 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  94. Dayna

Thanks a lot, author, for revealing the Celebrity Apprentice finalists...
    God Bless Bret! You are quite the fighter... God's giving you more chances to share your life with others - don't take the world so much on your shoulders these days. You're a GOOD person and loving Father, stay SAFE so you can BE THERE for your children!!

May 18, 2010 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  95. LL

Obviously a publicity stunt.

May 18, 2010 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
  96. yankeebunnie

Everyone has a right to their opinion about Brett Michaels but for the life of me I can't understand why you are focusing on him and not the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, or that Nashville, Tennessee was flooded, or that terrorists are still trying kill everyone of you and most importantly, our Americans are dieing in Afghanistan. Put your intelligence to good use. It only takes one person to make a difference. Maybe you could be the one.

May 18, 2010 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
  97. Beverly

Take it a little slower now. Life is too short. That was a sign for
    you to slow down I had 3 aneurysms, 2 burst and I still have one left.
    It wasn't our time.
    SLOW DOWN

May 18, 2010 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  98. G.

Brett Michaels??? Who is this guy Brett Michaels??

May 18, 2010 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
  99. Jerry

I have met both Bret and Ronnie, they're both very nice people. RIP RJD and good luck Bret!

May 18, 2010 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  100. Todd

Rock on Brett... and Ronnie!

May 18, 2010 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
  101. Rob

Lost all respect...

May 18, 2010 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
  102. dennis

For all those who like to judge first and ask questions later, Brett got his brain hemorrhage from getting hit on the head with a moving wall at an award show a few months back.

May 18, 2010 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |
  103. Laura

Bret Michaels has a NICE body and a gorgeous face, so even if he went bald, he would still be HOT.

May 18, 2010 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
  104. david

The blind seeing the blind, the lost hosting the lost.

May 18, 2010 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
  105. Stephen

Who would have thought that a brain hemorrhage would be such a good career move?

May 18, 2010 at 7:35 am | Report abuse |
  106. os

im so happy that bred the pimp is doing better man... not everybody is bale to get through what he did. keep it up buddy! now go get the $250,000 for the charity.. thats courage and dedication people!

May 18, 2010 at 7:21 am | Report abuse |
  107. Golden State Girl

To: go carol go

I'm just curious as to why you think Oprah is the antichrist?

I personally don't care for her either....she is very subtle but still shows reverse-discrimination towards white people.

May 18, 2010 at 7:04 am | Report abuse |
  108. jimmy

my god. What is happening to America? why don't you go live your own realities and stop making heros of these people.

May 18, 2010 at 7:03 am | Report abuse |
  109. Shelleybee

Brett should have taken this chance to shed the bandanna and reveal his true bald head...if that is indeed the case. He could have blamed it on the doctors saying they shaved his head for the brain surgery and decided he liked it and wanted to keep it that way.

May 18, 2010 at 6:27 am | Report abuse |
  110. ajr

Ok, its time you take of the hair piece!

May 18, 2010 at 6:18 am | Report abuse |
  111. ajr

Take off your wig already!!!

May 18, 2010 at 6:17 am | Report abuse |
  112. Hanson

Does anyone remember "Mmm Bop?" ...Anyone?.... No?

May 18, 2010 at 3:04 am | Report abuse |
  113. Kaley

You can come back quickly from a brain hemorrhage but it's not recommended. That's why doctors always say to take it easy after and it seems like he has been taking it easy. If you know anything about Bret, you know he's a workaholic and granted he's never been in a series situation quite like this, it's not uncommon for him to make quick returns. I got to wonder what his agents and managers are thinking though for allowing this of him. It's the agents and managers and everyone behind him who book the appearances, granted with Bret's permission but still.

An appearance here and there but for the most part, it seems like he's doing okay. Making plans is not the same as acting on them so I say go ahead and make your plans, just make them wisely, Bret.

I hope you stay well and don't pay attention to cruel or mean comments, it's usually posted by hateful people or jealous people or Americans. [hates to admit it since I'm from America]

May 18, 2010 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
  114. tony

Please get real and remove the stupid bandana, do-rag, hat, fake hair, and/or small dead rodent constantly plastered to your head!!!

May 18, 2010 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
  115. KaY

i HAPPEN TO KNOW HIS HAIR IS FROM EXTENSIONS!

May 18, 2010 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  116. go carol go

OPRAH IS THE ANTICHRIST

copy and past if you agree

May 18, 2010 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  117. Rob

Brett the balloon boy. Staged comeback.

May 17, 2010 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Helmutt

Oprah Unskinny Bop

May 17, 2010 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Gozer

Oprah??? What's he going to do, give her a fried ham?

May 17, 2010 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  120. dude!

Thank alot cnn for ruining celebrity apprentice. I'm watching last night's show and now know who's going to the finale.

I'm not surprised about Michael's since he's to appear live but still...ruining the other contestant?

WTH????

May 17, 2010 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  121. JOHNNYWISHBONE

really weary looking at that twit.

May 17, 2010 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Tim

Look I never said I believed he was faking it. I am actually a big fan of his music, reality shows and other ventures. I am very very happy he is ok. He is the only one on Celebrity Apprentice I found myself cheering for. He is all about his daughter which I can totally relate to being a dad myself. But touring and doing all of these TV appearances and pushing the therapy does seem a bit foolhardy especially when the cause of the injury was never found.

I merely stated I wouldn't be surprised if it came out later that it was greatly exaggerated or even. As far fetched as that sounds to you, It wouldn't be the first time a reality star claimed to have a potentially fatal illness (Victoria Gotti claiming she had breast cancer. Which she did not.). The man was three days in the hospital at death's door and his manager were telling promoters of Michael's tour that he would perform as planned in May. Now you must admit that is a bit being over optimistic considering it was a brain injury that according to news sites such as this one was highly fatal and if you came out of it slurring your words with months of therapy you were very lucky. Brett Michaels seems to have one cold manager making statements that he would go on as planned while reports were stating that his family was by his bedside and he was barely conscience.

They used to prop Elvis up at the end of his career too when he shouldn't have gone on due to illnesses and addictions. Don't believe me just ask his former son in law Michael Jackson. Ooooops Sorry you can't ask him can you?

May 17, 2010 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  123. vicki holsky

Brett,

You really need to chill. My mother had the same problem. They were able to locate the bleed. She had a anerysm. The first time the rupture was small and sealed itself over. 5 years later she had another rupture/subrachnoid hemmorage and passed away at 63.. The location of the anerysm was inoperable. So she had to live with knowing anyday it could blow. If they are not telling you to slow down and take care of yourself, then you had better get another opinion. SLOW DOWN. Think of your kids. We only had 5 years after we knew, Its never long enough..

May 17, 2010 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Nora

Whether or not you like Bret Michaels, please be positive about his recovery. If it was your family member who had gone through what he has, you would only want GOOD wishes to come his way.

I think he is coming back way too fast and should take it easy.

He feels okay now – sure he does, because he is in his own house where this is a sense of control. Smalll spaces, limited people and he can rest when he needs to.

Get out in the real world, and it is a different story. I know this first hand, and it is scary.

I give him all the credit in the world – he has an incredible will to live, but I also hope he takes the time he needs to heal properly. There are 2 little girls that are in the picture and he really needs to look after.

Best wishes for a speedy and continuous recovery.

May 17, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  125. lola2121

I was like most people a couple of weeks ago...routing for Brett, hoping for the best.

But, something just seems fishy now. How does someone bounce back from a "almost certain death" and then weeks later go on Oprah AND the Apprentice Finale (which, interestingly, has had TANKING ratings all season.) And the People photo shoot is a bit too glam to be serious.

Have we been played?

May 17, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  126. LDPGH

Tim Ryan, you need to write mystery novels dude! Where in the world did you come up with such a far out theory. Did you not know Brett Michaels is actually Super Man, yea man, he was shot down from another planet with three other people. And they brought this stuff called Kryptonite which is now sold in Walmarts.

The hospital was shown on TV and oh yea, the name of the hospital was also mentioned.

May 17, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  127. LDPGH

As I read through these comments I cannot believe how ignorant people can be. Brett Michaels is a human being who just beat death.
    And because the guy is bouncing back and going on Oprah you people are blasting him about taking drugs and wearing a bandana.
    Seriously, get a life. Were you not ever told if you haven't anything good to say about someone, then don't say anything? Try skimming through the rest of CNN, I am SURE there are things that your negative comments will be truely appreciated.

May 17, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  128. shad

he said that he wore the bandana in the hospital because if he were to die he wanted to go out rockin'...what a silly thing to say after being blessed to survive such a horrific medical ordeal...ungrateful...

May 17, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  129. dirtiebirtie

just fyi....he is not going bald (he does have thin hair)......he was in a very serious car accident a few years ago and has a massive ugly scar on his forehead.

May 17, 2010 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Sam P

CNN thanks for ruining CA for a lot of us. The show isn't at the point where there are 2 finalists yet.

May 17, 2010 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Juan Herrera

He needs to slow down.

May 17, 2010 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Evelyn J. Kern

Bret I love you to pieces, but slow down and take it easy for awhile, you're making me nervous.

Peace Be With You

Evelyn J. Kern
    Chillicothe, OH

May 17, 2010 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Shar

whoa, slow down Bret, a new VH1 show, Tour, apprentice, Oprah, and he wears a bandana to keep his hair back from his face.

May 17, 2010 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  134. rachele

Why oh whyis anyone obsessing over this man's hair and whether he has any?He does have hair. Get over your jealous selves!People who are unattractive are always mean to the pretty one.

May 17, 2010 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Ronnie James Dio

RIP: Ronnie James Dio, 1942-2010‎. King of Metal!

May 17, 2010 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  136. kaila

Brett, didn't you learn that the most important things you have are your health (life) and your family?
    Forget the tour and the media, spend time with those who matter the most to you.

May 17, 2010 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  137. jilly

hey tim ryan.......... so much for your FALSE statement that "No one knew what hospital he was in". jerk

May 17, 2010 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  138. jilly

omg that tim ryan dude is an idiot. bret was at st josephs hospital you jerk. it's near his home in phoenix. get well bret and take it easy!!!

May 17, 2010 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  139. cbw

And btw Tim Ryan, there were lots of media reports naming the hosptial Bret was in.

May 17, 2010 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Chris

Some of these comments just disgust me. Hey, people hurling all sorts of insults at Brett (and/or Dio): Your insults reflect more about you than them.

Being in a rock or metal band does not make you a bum. Quite the contrary, in case you didn't realize it, it's freaking hard work. Try it some time.

May 17, 2010 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Lady Diana

I never heard of Brett Michaels until "Rock of Love", which was funny to watch. On the "Celebrity Apprentice", I saw a very creative, versatile and kind person. All the best to you, Brett. Glad you're feeling better. God bless you and your family, and take very, very good care of yourself. (Agree with the others who feel it's a bit scary that you're rushing back to work so soon !)

May 17, 2010 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  142. cbw

to Tim Ryan (May 17th, 2010 6:39 pm ET)... nothing personal 😉 but you're a moron and making a fool of yourself. For the record, the neurosurgeon handling his case is the highly respected Dr. Joseph Zabramski. If you're really interested in putting your ridiculous conspiracy theory to rest, you can Google this fine doctor and find out the hospital. I'm not going to dignify your ridiculous post by naming it on here.

May 17, 2010 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Kim

I am also curious about the bandana... he was wearing it when he was hospitalized!! I know he has hair extensions but I also wonder if he's covering up a bald spot. Or maybe the bandana is his trade mark? He has it on every time you see him and it is very 80s... I dunno. I am glad he is better.

May 17, 2010 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Liz

I really think he has been given a second life, therefore he needs to slow off slow in order for his body to heal right. But also I'm not his doctor, many people care about you.

May 17, 2010 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  145. monnie

if he has to go on oprah, can she please ask him about the bandana thing?

May 17, 2010 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Ronnie James Dio

R.I.P. Dio – King of Metal!

May 17, 2010 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Tom Harwood

dude, taht People cover totally ROCKS! Just shows that Bret knows how important it is to hide the bald and show people the ROCK, man. He is ROCK!

May 17, 2010 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Tim Ryan

Doesn't anyone think that timing of all of this is odd and very coincidental? I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out that this (Michael's Ailment) was over exagerated or even much worse a publicity stunt. How many ICU patients in critical condition with Brain hemorrhages are allowed to wear something on their head and allow photos to be taken. (See People magazine photo). No one knew what hospital he was in. This alone is quite a feat in this day and age of TMZ and National Enquirer. The man makes a "miracle recovery" and is allowed to do a national tour and TV show when folks are not sure where the bleeding in his brain is originating. I could go on and on. Not saying he faked it but I am saying it is very coincidential. Brett should go to Vegas because he is the luckiest man I have ever read about go from death to Oprah, Trump & Tour in 30 days!

May 17, 2010 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  149. cbw

How come EVERY blog story on EVERY site is loaded with viscious comments about the person the story is about, or about the author or website itself?

May 17, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Laura

I thought Bret was kinda sleazy watching Rock of Love, then I watched Celeb App and noticed Bret tends to find beauty in all women. He's a caring father and a compassionate human being. I've also heard a few tracks from his new albulm and it's true , things do get better with age!!! I think most guys can only wish they could look that good at 47! And shut up about his hair!

May 17, 2010 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  151. eye

To The King: be careful what you wish for.. the universe has a habit of giving you what you want, but there's always a twist. You might find yourself slitting your wrists one day accidentally while cutting up fish for chum...

May 17, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  152. Jhardain

Anyone talking about Dio instead of Bret is an idiot.
    The story wasn't about the best rocker of all times, it was about his recovery and upcoming shows.

Glad he made it through, sucks that CNN blew the final peeps in the Ceb Appr final show.

May 17, 2010 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Ronnie James Dio

Dio Rocked! Bret Michaels was a one hit wonder hair band. This is simply style vs substance.

May 17, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Isabel

Samantha, you need to get a life and get over youself!

May 17, 2010 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Ronnie James Dio

Why Bret Michaels is getting more coverage then the death of Ronnie James Dio is outrageous!

May 17, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  156. James

Actually he wears a bandana to keep his wig on.

May 17, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  157. ellen

He should keep his bandana – whatever his reasons, it's his trademark now. I was shocked that my elderly parents knew who he was. My mom said, "Who?" and my dad said, "You know, that bald guy with the bandana."

May 17, 2010 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  158. Craig Shearer

Bret's a good guy. Glad he is better. For those of you with negative comments, you just prove what a loser you are for wasting your time posting about something that you supposedly do not care for.

May 17, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  159. Tom Harwood

the best part of your People cover shot was the pic of you in the hospital bed with your bandana on, bro – you rock that even when you're almost dead. that totally kicks and it's such an example for all us young rockers out there, that you have to try and look good even when you're almost dead!

May 17, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  160. The King

This human bucket of chum should do the world a favor and slit his wrists. It should be filmed and a laugh track inserted as he bleeds out, culminating in cheers and applause as his soul descends into hell!

May 17, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Suzanne

bless you Brett, take care of you...... and then all the rest will come....

May 17, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Amy

Go Bret....I knew he'd make the final 2 of CA, especially when Trump hinted that he wasn's sure he'd be able to attend the finale....hoping he takes it easy, so he doesn't have a relapse or worse. He seems like a hard working, genuinely nice guy...wishing him all the best! I'm not a fan of Oprah, but would like to see him, and learn more about his experience.

May 17, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  163. blackmamba67

Bret Michaels is a Human Being, first and foremost. God Bless him for gettin thru this and being albe to get out there and do what he wants to do. Kudos to the woman and other people that stood by his side thru the whole ordeal. as for his look, whether he is bald, or hiding a scar or he's got a weave. . . doesn't matter. . he looks good!!!! Bret . . U are the man. You keep living your life to the best of your ability. And God Speed MAN!!!!!

May 17, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  164. too tired to care

if he were just a working person would he get the same care and attention as a pretend person so called singer

May 17, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  165. Boof

First he's on Trump's crappy show and now fatazz'd Ocra. Geez.....what a waste of time.

May 17, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  166. Tom Harwood

Bret, I wanted to yell you that I hvae all your records and I think you are great even if teh rest of these guys don. I have even shaved my head and made bandana wigs just like yours.

ROCK ON, BRET, and LIVE FOREVER!

May 17, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  167. Phil B

First: RJD was an amazing vocalist, and defintely one of the best voices in Rock\Metal.
    Second: Bret Michaels is not a drug addict. He is a diabetic. Has been since he was 6.
    I wasn't a fan before Celebrity Apprentice, but have learned to respect this guy for his creative talents and patience.
    He hasn't taken part in the sniping and name calling that so many of the others on the show have stooped to, and has actually stated that he doesn't want to "win anything by throwing someone else under the bus".
    Respectable for sure.
    And he does seem like a genuine., nice guy, despite all the cheesy Rock of Love crap.
    Hey, everyone has to make a living. he just has a little more fun making his living than most people do.
    Good for him.

May 17, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Jeanine

Although I do wish he would slow down a bit , I personally think this has just made him want to live more then he ever has before.....and he is scared and trying to get it all in.....for your fans Brett, slow down....and Rock on!

May 17, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  169. Grrrr

Thanks for the SPOILER on Celeb Apprentice, CNN!! Grrr.

Glad to hear brett is doing well though.

May 17, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  170. BFranklin

Bret on Oprah

The final sign of the apocalypse.

May 17, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  171. SoCalNative

Brett, you are awesome! I am thrilled that you want to "get back on the horse" but slow down!! I think you are great on the Apprentice! Hope you win!

May 17, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  172. melissa

Bret is not bald – he was shown without the bandana on Rock of Love (first season I think) a few times. I read somewhere that the show's producers would get mad at him for walking around without it because it was his 'trademark'. He also has no problem admitting that he has extensions. He has said that his hair is the 'best that money can buy'.

May 17, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  173. ron

I also had a brainstem injury, I was 30 yrs old, I was totally paralyzed. Bret should take it easy for awhile. I wasn't a partyer but I was under a lot of stress. I actually had a clot. However I was surprised how similar my experiences were to Bret's.

May 17, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  174. Tiffini

Things that make you go hmmmmm.....

I'm not saying he paid off his doctors to make statements to the press that were on the far end of the spectrum of his medical condition, but the man has a tour and an album planned for a very convenient time. And not using recoup time that would be well-deserved and probably a good idea is strange. Most doctors would heavily advise not plunging back into your daily life after a major brain issue.

If this is not a total hoax, I'd say he had a minor issue, which was very timely, that he used to great advantage. We're not all suckers, Brett.

May 17, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  175. loverofdoggies

Samantha: I thought the same thing. I would love to see Brett without eye liner and that Stupid ass bandana.

May 17, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  176. Phil

Uh Fred Wake up Ronnie James Dio was one of the Best Singers in Rock History And was currently fronting the Band Heaven and Hell (aka) Black Sabbath. I like Brett but Poison Sucked and Brett Couldn't hold a candle to Ronnie

May 17, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  177. Ange

I'm team BRET; I hope you win celebrity apprentice...I'm glad you're doing better...lots of hugs and kisses...Ange

May 17, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  178. Francesca

ATTENTION: ALL DIETBETES SUFFERERS

T E A M B R E T.....CELEBRITY APPRENTICE

BUY........BRETS SNAPPLE flavor

May 17, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  179. Tony

Hey man I am on TEAM BRETS too
    I will buy SNAPPLE now also-Brets flavor

May 17, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  180. Deborah

Agree....TEAM BRET
    I never bought SNAPPLE before--
    but I will now buy BRETS SNAPPLE FLAVOR

May 17, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  181. lucy

TEAM BRET-I never purchased SNAPPLE before, but I WILL now purchase BRETS SNAPPLE FLAOR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,GO TEAM BRET

May 17, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  182. chuck

oooshiney, the way you get giddy over Bret Michaels makes me think you are the one that truely sucks

May 17, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  183. Speedy1906

Great blog! I want more!

May 17, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  184. chuck

Victor, I agree whole heartedly.Bret Michaels gets mentioned more often in the last few weeks than a real singer over a lifetime. Dio has been a part of my life for 25 years. A real singer and a real voice have left forever. Maybe if Dio relied on mundane reality shows and flash in the pan gimmicks, he would have been more popular

May 17, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  185. Karen

Dallas, you have it all wrong, he is not a drug addict or a drunk. Anyone can get a brain hemmorage or anyuerism and it's usually people under 50. My best friend had a massive brain anyuerism and is wheel-chair bound with many other severe complications. You have it all wrong.

May 17, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  186. S Denys

First of all he is not bald. its just his look. He does take it off from time to time.
    Second his "girlfriend" is the mother of his two girls and she's an on again and off again girl friend. Rock Of Love was not a farce. Geez pay attention.

May 17, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  187. dudebro

@ Will: Brett was the front man of an entire genre too, it was the forgettable 80's arena rock/hair metal movement we all wish we could forget.

@ Dallas: Well put! Why is so much focus and attention given to someone like this? He is certainly no hero to me.

May 17, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  188. oooshiny

Dallas, if you knew anything about Bret Michaels, you'd know he does not run a "high-risk" behaviour for getting a brain hemorrage. ANYONE can get a brain hemmorage. Except you, because you actually need a brain for one to hemmorage. Get a life, DIAF.

And Dio sucks.

May 17, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  189. Dallas

OK...so another recovering, hedonistic, self-absorbed, idiot drug addict survives (for now) the physical consequences of his stupid, high-risk behavior and what do you morons do? Act like he is something special, a hero, a survivor, an inspiration...and of course, the gushing Ms. Winfrey will fall all over herself and certainly promote his book, which we all know is certainly forthcoming.

May 17, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  190. moon627

Until The Celebrity Apprentice all i knew of Bret Michaels was the band Poison (and i'm no fan of metal) and Rock of Love so i didnt know what a sweet guy he is. 🙂

Everyone goes on Oprah eventually – just like they all go on the late night talk shows except this is for daytime viewers.

I think Bret looks good with the bandana and hair... its "his look" and its better than bald – i cant stand looking at Daughtry 😦

May 17, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  191. Eric

Great, you survived your ordeal... Now will you just please go away

May 17, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  192. Samantha

will, there is a story about Dio, go post in that story, that should solve your problem.

May 17, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  193. Bigbill427

Hey, Fred when DIO was around you were still poping pimples on your Pec%@#.

May 17, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  194. Will

Dio should be top billing here folks. No offense to BM, but Dio was the front man for an entire genre.

May 17, 2010 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  195. Jane

DIO had a cool band, he's sings great, he even took over for Ozzie when he left Black Sabbath. He rocks! he is old enough to be Bret Michaels Dad though. LOL

May 17, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  196. cece deville

victor, CNN is for real news, the fact that either of them were mentioned on this site is a disgrace

May 17, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  197. Sheri

She is an on again off again girlfriend who happens to be the mother of his children. They are close, but not always together. He just stated that she was really there for him through this...hinted that they might take the next step and get married, but just hinted.

May 17, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  198. jeanne

i hope you win....who needs passion fruit, it stinks anyway.....

May 17, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  199. cece deville

all of his medical issues were a publicity stunt, he was never good enough before to be on oprah, poison is the worst band in the world

May 17, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  200. Fred

Ronnie James Dio – who is he in current pop culture? Micheals rocks!

May 17, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  201. lUKE

Actualy, I hear he wears the bandana because he has a scar from a bad car accident.

May 17, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  202. Jason from Hollywood

I hope the brain hemorrhage forces brett to look at himself.

Yes, look at himself deeply and try to find a way to ditch those terrible man boobs –

man boobs ain't rock'n'roll dude!

May 17, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  203. Samantha

Victor please, this is the star of ROCK OF LOVE for petes sake!!!

May 17, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  204. Samantha

i don't think he is bald...

May 17, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  205. Victor

Wait, wait, wait.... A real talent like Ronnie James Dio dies - a man who helped invent the metal genre - and Brett Michaels is the focus on the Entertainment page? CNN has gone to the dogs.

May 17, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  206. Samantha

What I found odd was when this story broke it said Brett's girlfriend was with him through it all and she had been his gf since 1995.

Well gee whiz, I guess that should show the girls that appear on Rock of Love that the entire show is a farce and they aren't gonna end up his girlfriend since he has been in a relationship 15 years.

May 17, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  207. Pam

Brett~ I'm thrilled you're feeling better..BUT don't over do it. I was pulling for you all the way thru The Apprentice and have a huge bet you'll win it all ( to which after I win I will donate to the Diabetes Association in your behalf). I have heard from local disc jokey what a nice guy you are and it came across that way on TV....STAY HEALTHY

May 17, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  208. yankeebunnie

I think he wears the bandanna cause he's bald. Nothing wrong with being bald. Daughtry is balk and look at how well he's doing. I would rather look at a bald head than a bandanna.

May 17, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  209. joe

agreed!!!!

May 17, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  210. michele o'daniel

No kidding! We love you and want you around. Chill for a little while and get better.

May 17, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  211. Samantha

May 17, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  212. Bigbill427

OMG Not Oprah..

May 17, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  213. debra

Brett, slow down a bit would you? You are scaring your fans!!!!! take time to get better OK?

May 17, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |