April 7th, 2010

'Idol' is back and it's closing time for one

Who goes home tonight?

I have predicted Andrew Garcia, but you never know. The show just started, and I like tonight's intro with the glimpses back.

I also have Big Mike Lynche's little "heeeeee" stuck in my head. Seacrest says to prepare ourselves for a surprise or two. Uh oh.

And we are off!

1. kathy

I thought Randy was married. What the heck is his hand doing so low on the small of the back of another woman? Busted! A pic is worth a thousand words.

April 10, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Sherri

Tom Baker...Oh, please get OFF of your pedestal! You voluntarily came to the entertainment section of CNN, so what exactly do you expect to find here? If you want to read about war, death and drudgery, go to CNN's news section.

April 8, 2010 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Jackie

I was so ready to say "NOT WATCHING THIS CRAP" anymore!! But thank god the judges used their only save for the season...that should tell America something.

Its not about how cute someone is or their stupid hair or smile...its about can they sing and excuse me but "BIG MIKE" can SING, SING, SING!!!

Thank you judges for doing the right thing

April 8, 2010 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  4. John

The results show was a total set up to add drama. So obvious.

April 8, 2010 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  5. t-bone

Adam Lambert will be mentoring on fashion and makeup next week. Lord knows, he cannot sing.

April 8, 2010 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  6. Just A Thought

To make a post – simply do so with out using expletives, or comments that are offensive. Usually works everytime! I have had a few go missing, but I usually just copy them before I post, just in case then resubmit – usually goes thru then.

April 8, 2010 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  7. Just A Thought

@ isabel and Irmd – How do propose making the voting system balanced??? each idol has thier own number to call, each is only allowed 2 hours to get votes, each contestant has thier time in front of the camera to earn your votes! Doesn't get much more fair/balanced than that!! But, I guess everyone wants to believe in thier little conspiracy theories, just cause thier favorite got sent home!

April 8, 2010 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  8. James

How do you make a post here without it being censored??? You should not offer a blog if you are not willing to post what is submitted if it is appropriate, nearly 12 hrs and still don't see my post. Really changing my views of CNN...

April 8, 2010 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  9. Rick

Reality check, they all need to be at the top of their game!

April 8, 2010 at 5:10 am | Report abuse |
  10. j.r.

Andrew is the new Tim – lol unbelievable!

April 8, 2010 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  11. Susie

How is it possible that Andrew is still on the show??? He should have been gone 3 weeks ago. Thank goodness the judges saved big Mike.
    The two that must leave next week are Tim and Andrew. Let the winner be Casey!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 7, 2010 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  12. lrmd

I agree 100% with Isabel's comment.

April 7, 2010 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  13. isabel

As long as AI allows everyone to vote as much as they can in 2 hours there will never be "fair" votes. For the last 2 wks I have not been able to get a single vote in cuz of the busy signals. Not to mention Katie promising a prom date to whom ever sends her their phone bill showing the most amount of calls voting for her. I believe AI is more interested in bragging about the amount of votes that were cast each week rather than having a more balanced and fair voting system. This can explain why the cuter and younger singers are kept on the show way longer than their talent alone would havet them there.

April 7, 2010 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  14. idol watcher

Glad Big Mike was saved. Now next week go home. Who? Hopefully Andrew and please please Tim.

April 7, 2010 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Just A Thought

Send him home! No saves no saves no saves...

April 7, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Nuthin But the Truth

It's pretty sad when the Idol contestants are better than the "special" guest singers they brought on...

When will Tim finally go home???

April 7, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Just A Thought

I just figured out the shocker! It's the outfit Rhiannon is wearing; it's the same one Adam Lambert is wearing next week!

April 7, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  18. heskerdu

Wow Mr. Tom Baker, how on earth did you find yourself here, amongst the lowest of the low? You lost sweetie? Go somewhere else and blog. Us common folks like discussing a show that we enjoy watching and if we could send out invitations to join us in our foolishness, you most certainly wouldn't get one.
    Lighten up....we're not hurting anyone. It's all fun and for entertainment only. For the moment it's still a free country and nobody twisted your arm to come visit.

April 7, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Just A Thought

Well, I don't get the shocker! Unless they mean the judges actually using a save for either of these two! Don't think either of them are that good and both need to go, no saves...no saves...no saves!

April 7, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  20. janet f

They lip sync the opening song BECAUSE THEY CAN'T SING...!

April 7, 2010 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  21. willyboy

siobhan, crystal and KATIE SAFE!!!!!! YIPPEEE!!!!!

April 7, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Tom Baker

CNN wonders why it is in so much trouble. Here's a hint – the network that once broadcast live from Iraq during the initial salvo of the first Iraq war is now live blogging something as irrelevant as American Idol. You have to be kdding me.

Oh, and ree, the reason they lip sync the song is because that is all they aspire to be. Britney Spears-like "dancers".

April 7, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  23. ree

i don't like that they lip-sync the song at the beginning of the results show each week--I wonder why they do that/

April 7, 2010 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  24. willyboy

yes, the ladies look good tonight! Andrew was just awful last night.

April 7, 2010 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  25. mozart4898

Couple surprises? I could see them being:

1.) Tim is safe, not even bottom 3, and
    2.) Siobhan is bottom 3 (but not necessarily going home)

I agree that Andrew is likely to be going home, although I could see it being Aaron too.

April 7, 2010 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  26. kayla

i love american idol simon is leaving

April 7, 2010 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  27. protogere

I'm loving the girls' outfits!

April 7, 2010 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  28. protogere

I think you may be right Lisa, he was fairly weak, despite how passionate I am about his potential, Andrew has just been floundering for weeks.

April 7, 2010 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |