January 31st, 2010
09:52 PM ET
The Grammy awards you didn't get to see
The Grammys is televising only nine categories this year, with many of the other big awards being handed out before the show even kicked off. Here's a round-up of big winners who weren't televised:
– Best dance record, "Poker Face," Lady Gaga
– Best electronic/dance album, "Poker Face," Lady Gaga
– Best male country vocal performance, "Sweet Thing," Keith Urban
– Best country song, "White Horse," Taylor Swift and Liz Rose
– Best country collaboration with vocals, "I Told You So," Carrie Underwood and Randy Travis
– Best rap duo or group performance, "Crack a Bottle," Eminem, Dr. Dre and 50 cent
– Best rap album, "Relapse," Eminem
– Best male R&B vocal solo, "Pretty Wings," Maxwell
– Best urban/alternative performance, "Pearls," India.Arie and Dobet Gnahore
– Best R&B album, "Blacksummers' Night," Maxwell
– Best contemporary R&B album, "I AM...Sasha Fierce," Beyonce
– Best traditional pop vocal album, "Michael Buble Meets Madison Square Garden," Michael Buble
– Best alternative music album, "Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix," Phoenix
– Best solo rock vocal performance, "Working on a Dream," Bruce Springsteen
– Best rock duo or group with vocals, "Use Somebody," Kings of Leon
– Best hard rock performance, "War Machine," AC/DC
– Best metal performance, "Dissident Aggressor," Judas Priest
– Best rock song, "Use Somebody," Caleb Followill, Jared Followill, Matthew Followill and Nathan Followill
– Best male pop vocal solo performance, "Make it Mine," Jason Mraz
– Best pop performance by a duo or group with vocals, "I Gotta Feeling," The Black Eyed Peas
– Best pop collaboration with vocals, "Lucky," Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat
– Best pop vocal album, "The E.N.D.," The Black Eyed Peas
soundoff (12 Responses)
Post a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
About this blog
Our daily cheat-sheet for breaking celebrity news, Hollywood buzz and your pop-culture obsessions.
By the way, Lady Gaga's album is called "The Fame," not "Poker Face." Please correct this!
We LOVE you, Maxwell! Now drop the other 2 in this Trilogy and Show who is the KING!
That's why billboard music awards are more credible...they are based upon sales. Grammy's are based upon Social Stupidity.
This was the best Grammy I've seen because there was no emcee. The show just rolled along and it was generally awesome!
Will someone PLEASE get Taylor Swift some singing lessons? She has the talent but it needs to be refined....the basics...she was so off key that it was horrible...
I'm confused by all these similar categories: Best pop record, best pop performance, etc. It seems like some of these categories are the same. what is the difference between a pop performance and a best pop record or song? It seems like the same category to me.
Taylor Swift is very young – only 19 or 20. There are artists that have been in the biz for decades that have never won a grammy. It feels premature to award her with all these grammys when nobody knows where she'll be in 5 – 20 years. The grammy's has a history of giving multiple awards to people we never hear from again. Lots of one hit and one album wonders have won grammy's. Plus, her songs are pretty simplistic and very teen centric. Not very adult. They are catchy though but lots of songs are catchy. There isn't a lot of depth to her songs. Plus, tonite it seems like the grammy's had Beyonce and Taylor Swift fever. I like it better when the awards are spread out and not concentrated on one or two artists. And I wonder why Lady Ga Ga's Poker Face was nominated so much. I thought Papparazzi was a better song with better lyrics. It seems like all of her categories had just "Poker Face" up for the award. Is she only allowed to nominate one song or something?
Someone please tell me what genre are The Black Eyed Peas? Not music I want to listen to, just sounds so manufactured.
I pre-ordered Maxwell's album, we waited a long time and I wouldn't have minded waited a little longer for something better, not grammy material.
Can someone explain how Eminem won best Rap Ablum of the Year, Please. That was Jay-z's Grammy all day long. This is the reason I don't watch this inflated crap, the real winners never get rewarded.
Kind of lame that Judas Priest won for best metal perfromance with a song that came out over 30 years ago. Why are re-recordings considered elegible?
Someone please explain to me this Taylor Swift penchant. The radio waves are inundated with her whiney-tinney voice and infantile lyrics. She's over-rated and I can't figure out the fascination. Boring.