August 10th, 2009

'Entourage': More Tambor please

This week's episode dives in right where Eric's love life continues its awkward, inconvenient path. His relationship with Ashley seems to be warming, while the glacier that was this "thing" with Sloan continues to melt. More on that a bit later.

brady

The show clocked in at a svelte 23 minutes, but despite it being a bit leaner than the others this season, there were some pretty laughable lines.

Last week, one of our readers wished for more of Vince's publicist Shauna in future episodes, and I concur. You can always count on Shauna to open up a fresh can of "sassy" on any and all who cross her, and her quips are instant classics. However, if we're making wish lists, please for the love of Peter, Paul and Mary... May I please have more Jeffrey Tambor?

Straight from his announcement of "Who are you to judge me, agent-scum?" I was totally checked into Tambor's part in the show. When you throw in the Tambor family's proficient use of the F-word in perfect rhythm, the pairing with Ari for the celebrity golf event was chock full of funny.

I don't recall many of Ari's clients having him in such an uncomfortable grip such as Tambor's, but then again, as the situation with Mrs. Ari loomed, we witnessed him suffering plenty. Of course, that ends with taking it out on our beloved Lloyd. Stay strong brother.

Meanwhile, New York Giants' fans would have shed a tear for the way Turtle "kept it real" with Tom Brady. That is, of course, until the Patriots' quarterback mentioned "his affinity for Jamie-Lynn Sigler", "you guys should come over sometime" and "Gisele's cooking" in rapid succession. From then on, Turtle's small case of "guy love" for Brady blossomed quickly into a full-on "man crush". Funny, but sad and unsettling.

This was by no means my favorite episode of the season, but it had its moments. Speaking of which, E's awkward love life only gets more off-balance as he commits the most heinous of relationship felonies: the dreaded "wrong name call". It was excruciating to watch as the episode ended with E's casually disastrous "sorry Sloan" as Ashley makes her way past him to pour more wine. I actually turned away from the TV as the ending credits rolled.

Loved, liked or hated this week's show? Let us know!

« Previous entry
  1. EM

OH HECKY NAW!!! Did someone really say get rid of Ari? If that happens i most likely wouldnt ever watch again...anyway i LOVE how Ari talks mad crap to everyone but is as soft as Rosie O'donell's thighs when it comes to his wife...i'm tired of ashley...lawdhammercy i want her story line to end swiftly!!! This episode was funny but didn't really advance the story line...the ending should roll over into a great next ep though...

August 13, 2009 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  2. katpause

I'm not normally the PC type and it takes a lot to offend me, but the Lloyd character is right up with the racist John Huges portrayal of an Asian in Sixteen Candles in the form of Long Duk Long. Then there are the gay bashing and stereotyping. As far as Eric, he is so utterly unbeleivable in this show, not only as a Hollywood player but as a lover. He's annoying, shrill, pissy and juvenile. I also love it that the show utterly abandoned Vince's supposed down slide and gave him a comeback replete with a reference to a $4 mil payday for doing a dog voice. End of last season he was homeless. Tambor was good actually, a little too good for my tastes. The best and most neglected character in the show is the woman who plays Vinces's former agent who he slept with. Who is she? I can never get enough of Ari but where's Babs? The new guy is good too but will someone slap Ari's wife. Uhgg.

August 11, 2009 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Dave

Best part... Ari: "You know he's not a make-a-wish kid, right?"

August 11, 2009 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Chris

Mark Walberg and Tom Brady pretty much saved the episode. Johny Drama's antics were tiresome in season one, and at this point I'd rather see him hit by a truck than have another line in the show. Turtle, who was becoming less irritating, re-established himself as a d-bag. E still has the romantic depth of a 15 year old. The only way to save this approaching trainwreck is to put the focus back on Vince & Ari, and throw in a little Lloyd to save the day. The series is tired, and needs to close out asap.

August 11, 2009 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |
  5. Abacab

I agree, Jeff Tambor was great. Disappointing was Marc Wahlberg.
    Although it proves actors are ordinary people and most of the time you hardly even know thhey are in public. (Unless the Paparazzi are chasing them)
    My question about this show is who are all of these so called Producers and what EXACTLY DO THEY DO. I counted no less than 8, including Mr. Wahlberg. Talk about latching on.

August 11, 2009 at 7:03 am | Report abuse |
  6. A

This season is BORING....What makes Entourage great is the comedy and the day to day drama (no pun intended) of the movie industry that the characters go through in each episode...

This season totally abandoned that to focus on what, E's relationship. Yawn. Does anyone not know how this is going to end. E dumps Ashley and get back to Sloan.

August 11, 2009 at 4:43 am | Report abuse |
  7. Curtis

Conflict conflict conflict...

Where is it? Who's the villain? Why is True Blood killing it right now cause there are evil villains everywhere.

The show needs to get back to it's roots and have some meaty conflict.

Ari's boss moving back in the firm was a great story line and Vince trying to get Aquaman was the best season so far.

Why not address something real like the strikes in Hollywood? And have Ari go on a one man crusade to fix it so he can put food on the table for his kids? Give america a little insight on what it was like in tinseltown for those endless months.

Or jump into the Oscar race and give America the dish on the insanity of the Academy. (please don't say your saving that for the last season) To predictable for a last season hurrah.

Anyway my love has gone from scheduling my sunday nights around entourage to watching it on demand when I'm on the Verge of watching network TV 😦 Please bring back a reason to care. And believe me it aint in Turtles or E's love life.

C-

August 11, 2009 at 4:36 am | Report abuse |
  8. Hazel

Great episode. Loved George Segal as the mogul. I can hardly wait for the Ashley is a total freak stalker episodes! Cause she's too skinny and she's creepy. Love Jamie Lynn! They seem to be planing little plot seeds, I like that.

August 11, 2009 at 2:15 am | Report abuse |
  9. Rod

Last nite's episode was ok. Parts of it was contrived and boring. Mark Walberg had the best line.

August 10, 2009 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  10. ALEX

This was not my favorite episode but it was definitly funny. jeffery tambour is amazingly funny! i want more of this guy! I had to look away once E said the words "sorry sloan" to ashley. How utterly embarrasing is that! overall it was a good episode!

August 10, 2009 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Mary Beth

Love Tambor in anything and everything. One can never have enough.

But I must comment on Ashley. Please get rid of her.

It is ironic that on a episode a couple of weeks ago she criticizes Eric's client as unlikeable. I find the actress portraying Ashley unlikeable. She's got a stiff, awkward, whininess about her that doesn't seem to be part of the character. She just seems like someone important's "girl" who's been forced into a role that she isn't capable of filling.

It's odd to see someone so off being cast in an HBO series especially one as high profile as Entourage. HBO shows are usually so well cast. How did she slip in?

August 10, 2009 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Colt45

I think this is the best show on TV hands down. I thought yesterdays show was great. I agree with everyone that "E" needs to get back with Sloan, she is way too gorgeous to not be a permenant character in the show. As far as the people saying to get rid of Ari!!! You must be nuttier than squirrels, his one liners make the show.

I am also looking forward to the events that are about to unfold between Turtle and Drama over Drama's new on set romance with Jaime!!

I love this show, I just wish it could be an hour long!!!

August 10, 2009 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  13. madrox

loved this episode. not the best ever but love the series. Great stuff guys

August 10, 2009 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Brian

The show has gone downhill since season 3. Plots are predicable and their are way to many story lines. I love turtle in all, but do we really need to see him and Jamie Siglir relationship bloom? The show is at it's best when the team is working to keep Vince on Aquaman or Ari is trying to secure Vince's next big movie deal. There needs to be a villain on the show. It's that simple. Add some conflict for the boys to rally against and the show will get back on track.

August 10, 2009 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  15. frank martin

The episode was ok. Sorry, but Ashley isn't even in Sloane's league. The actress reminds me of the Geico lizard.

August 10, 2009 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Vinny

There is no plot or development at ALL this season yet. What is this season's purpose? This season has been funny, but the plot and story lines are definitely weak. My vote....weakest season so far, for sure.

August 10, 2009 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  17. littlemstrendy

Hooray for Lloyd for hanging in there, Hooray for E for standing up to Sloane, and Hooray for Ari and Vince for being their usual awesome selves! Just one complaint: can at least one of the Entourage guys date a girl who looks like she's actually eaten a meal? Ari's wife is skin and bones, so is Ashley, so are all the girls Vince dates. Sloane is gorgeous, but she could stand to gain 5-10 pounds. Thank God for Jamie-Lynn, who is thin, but at least looks healthy. I'm not saying the guys should date a bunch of butterballs, but c'mon–REAL WOMEN HAVE CURVES!!!

August 10, 2009 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  18. millie

I'm 60 and I Love the show. E made a classic mistake calling his
    new girlfriend the old ones name, but I've done it a couple times. If
    she lets it go, she's a keeper, and knows it was just a mistake, if she
    has an issue with it, get rid of her. Last thing E needs is a jealous
    girlfriend at this point.

August 10, 2009 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Brooke

Okay, now that I'm all caught up on all the episodes, I can officially say Ashley is annoying as hell. I get why she's there, but geesh! Couldn't they have at least cast her character with someone who looks older than 21 years old?! She looks like a kid! Not a good look.

Turtle is the best, love him! A TRUE NYer would NEVER have a man crush on Tom Brady tho...NEVER!

August 10, 2009 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  20. ed

real Giants fans don't care about the Patriots . Jets fans do. Story line would have been more believable it the guest was Tony Romo.

August 10, 2009 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Michael Morris

Season 5 was the best season to date. So far, season 6 has not lived up to any other season. As the show has gained popularity, the writers seem to be on autopilot, writing episodes that really go nowhere with small easy laughs.

August 10, 2009 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Ricky G

All the other shows on HBO run about an hour. Sure, some comedy runs 1/2, but Entourage is chock full of everything...comedy, love, Drama, and more. It's a story. The show is awesome...I'm not sure why we only get 23 minutes...it's a lot of anticipation and sure, it keeps us wanting more...but I suspect it would be like that with an hour just the same.

August 10, 2009 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Pauly

The show is a joke and they only way to enjoy it is if you turn your brain off

August 10, 2009 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  24. here in Austin

Watching Entourage used to be my one and only thing to do on Sundays. Looked forward to it all day.....Now, I feel like I am watching it because I feel obligated to, or because there is nothing else on and I'm just plain used to it. It used to be exciting with Vinny's story line, and the movie deals, and complications on his movie deal. Don't get me wrong, I still love the show, but it used to be alot more exciting and would draw me in. And the acting by the characters used to be alot better...Personally, I think they should cut back on the whole "E and Sloan" thing..it's ok in pieces, but not for half of the whole show. And I like Kevin Connely, he's just not the greatest actor. But, I will continue to watch....

August 10, 2009 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  25. DaveRad

I thought the show jumped the shark last year when they went out to the desert and did 'shrooms. The episodes immediately after that were quite a bit better, but I'm not sure where they can possibly take the show from here. It's kind of all been done at this point. This season has been entertaining, but far from the best we've seen.

August 10, 2009 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  26. dee

I love this show but this season has been "blah". They need to pick it up alot. Is that all there is????

August 10, 2009 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  27. liesbeth

1. can ari be witty again?

2. can ashley please scamper her way back to obscurity?

3. can vince have one or two scenes perhaps?

4. drama... you stay drama i love you.

5. can turtle not be written so out of character?

this season is weaker im hoping for their new season jitters to quiet down and they can write the episodes that they have in them

post script: lloyd needs to stop calling ari "mr gold"

August 10, 2009 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  28. kwame

I love the show. Period!

August 10, 2009 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  29. D

I get a kick out of every episode! Why judge everything in life, just sit back and have a good laugh!

August 10, 2009 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Keema

This was my first watching the show and I love it. I am going to watch all the episodes on HBO on demand to catch up. I thought Mark Walberg, Jeffrey Tambor, Ari, and Kevin Dillion character was the best. I am completely addicted to the show.

August 10, 2009 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  31. kimberly

Yesterday's show was not one of the better ones, I agree where
    did they get Ashley, not a good actress at all, thought she had to
    be related to someone to get the job

August 10, 2009 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  32. CC

I love this show but I hated this episode. 32 yr old femail and a true follower of Entourage since the pilot episode aired and I have yet to be disapointed. I just thought this episode didn't go anywhere. The ending "sorry Sloan" was the best part. The Tom Brady and Turtle's man crush was good too but nothing really new or different. Disapointing. I'm not excited about this season so far, hope it's not it's last.

August 10, 2009 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  33. mckenzi

i think the makeup and hair people need to work on ashley... i don't think that she's unattractive. if you see her in other movies or pictures, i think she actually looks decent. it's just on this show she doesn't look very good. my biggest problem with her looks is that she looks like she's 15... that is bothersome and creepy since eric is in his 30s and she doesn't even look legal. the good thing about her character—i do like how she brings up some very valid points, that need to be said so for that, i think she's is worth having in the show.

agreed about eric and sloan thing getting old. she doesn't seem like the type of character that would keep coming back into his life anyway.

overall, i thought the episode was hilarious. jeffrey tambor is a great actor and the play between him and his kids plus ari was very entertaining.

August 10, 2009 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  34. sara

did someone just say ashley was skinny ,sloan is just as skinny as ashley, there isnt much a difference. i liked the episode overall

August 10, 2009 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  35. gopher

AShley is ugly. and the girl Vince chilled with (the server at the lunch place) was also really ugly

thats 2 ugly girls = not a good season. Get some D&G models not middle school valley girls. EWW

August 10, 2009 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  36. jeff

yes, more shauna..always more shauna, she is so sassy and sexy and I love watching her berate everyone but vince with her potty mouth

August 10, 2009 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  37. UpInSmoke

Stacy.....get rid of Jeremy?!? Are you freakin kidding me....he's what keeps the show going! Although the show hasn't had very good story lines this season. This thing about Turtle going back to school is really getting very cheesy as well as his child-like relationship with Jamie-Lynn Sigler. Furthermore, Eric's current situation with his business and new relationship is also not very believable. Substance has been lacking since last season.

August 10, 2009 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Matt

All of you are saying to get rid of Ashley, but I think she's been the only interesting thing about the show this season. Without her its just a boring relationship with E and Sloan. She's adding the flavor to the show. No one wants her there, including E, but he doesn't want to feel like sloan is with him for any reason other than she wants to be. He's keeping Ashley around because she's a safe bet. Plus, we all know she's kinda weird looking, but if she was hotter than sloan then it would be harder for E to leave.

August 10, 2009 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Bob Ray

As a dedicated Entourage fan since Day One, I do think the show's focus toward individual character situations rather than major issues with Vince and the repercussions of those on all the shows' characters has slowed things down a bit.

There has been no major 'bombshell' this season which affects all the guys as there has in the past. In my view, the show needs a major crisis at this point.

The scripts have been, well, treading water so far with their focus on 'E' and his love life, Turtle and his no-life, Drama and his fantasy of life.

Let's get this show back on the road: Vince back to work and stuff happening that affects everyone in ways we cannot predict.

That said, Drama's outfit on the golf course was unbelievable, Mark's acting was perfect and Jamie is a very nice add to the cast.

Go, go, go ...

August 10, 2009 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  40. No1's Grace Makutsi

I wish we saw the "in between" of last year's season and this year. It's all too good to quick when last year was painful for Vince for the entire season.
    What i like about the show is the "inside", "behind the scene" of the business. I find there is too much "relationship" stories.
    Is it just me or the chemistry is not what is used to be between the 4 boys ? It does't look as natural as before.
    Good season so far, we'll see the rest of the episodes, but for now far from the best season.
    Still a big fan and thank god for Ari.
    Can anybody tell me if we'll ever see the director Billy Walsh again ?

August 10, 2009 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  41. db

Tambor is a bore. Ari Lloyd and E make the show.

August 10, 2009 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  42. Kolossus

Honestly, last weeks episode was the best one of the season. In my opinion at least and the closing song was PERFECT. Downloaded that from iTunes right after the show. That said, this episode wasn't too bad. The humor on the links was great. I think the writers are finally back to the roots of the show... four best friends (okay one brother) in LA. One huge star and three others trying to make it on there own. And Justin your comment is 100% right on brother. I'd kill to get out of my desk job and live that life.... maybe I should grow a pair and try...

August 10, 2009 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  43. john

Good show except get rid of Ashley! She looks like a frog and her personality is annoying!!! E needs to stop settling and get back with Sloan.

August 10, 2009 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  44. MM

E just needs to go be with Sloane and get it over with. And Tambor was hilarious! The F bombs from the kids were good too.

August 10, 2009 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  45. bravesfan

Who is this Ashley girl? She is emaciated and ugly. Gotta be some producer's kid or something. Definitely not "Entourage" worthy.

August 10, 2009 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  46. Pete

Get rid of ARI? Are you out of your mind? Besides losing 50% of your Hollywood perspective with a boneheaded move like that, you'd be losing the man who is by far the best actor on the show.

Now, write him some decent material, that's a legitimate beef. Is he phoning in crappy/sappy dialogue? Are we delving too deep into his inner child? I think so. We need Ari the powerbroker back. More flashes of inhuman Hollywood people-brokering.

One other thing I'd like to see – I realize this story is loosely based on Marky Mark, and he's done nothing but be 100% cool forever, but in the interest of good TV let's get Vince embroiled in a nice star-studded scandal. Something messy. Shauna gets airtime (always good), there's a ton of high-energy kvetching, good times.

August 10, 2009 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  47. The Godfather

They will only get rid of Jeremy Piven when the show ends. Quite frankly, Ari and Eric have become the show. Vince is now simply a vehicle.

I'm sorry, but I do NOT get how anyone would choose that malnourished little waif over Sloan....

August 10, 2009 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  48. mattyp

The acting is so bad, I can hardly stand to watch it. The storyline and writing is wonderfully entertaining. I am having a hard time getting over the acting.

August 10, 2009 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  49. Elena Galindo

They need to get "E" a life. How much longer are they going to drag the whole "I LOVE SLOAN" crap. I am so over it!!! Ari is the best and I can never get enough of him. Ari makes the show for me.....and that is the biggest reason I watch.

August 10, 2009 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  50. Will R

The episode was decent. But this season has failed to really develop a real story line. Each episode ends with enough of a tease to make you think the next one will be intense. Lots of side stories but really no overall direction. Besides that it seems like they've gotten lazy. Most episodes have about 3 or 4 shooting locations compared to last season where one episode might have 20 different locations. The change of scenery at least gave the impression that the show had some momentum. But last nights episode felt slow and drawn out though only 23 mins. May I suggest a story line ala Joaquin Phoenix, for Vince. Where he decides he would make a better musician and decides to quit acting. I'm tired of watching how great everything is for everyone. yawn.

August 10, 2009 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  51. Mere

I'm not in love with this season. It's been so-so. I agree, Ari has just become a little too annoying. Need more Vince and his love life and movie troubles.

August 10, 2009 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  52. Chad

I agree with Matt; Tambor's scenes were crass and it just left me annoyed and wondering what the other guys were up to. As for this episode, I enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed Marky Mark harassing Drama and watching a classic Drama meltdown. To me, that was hilarious. This, along with last season, have been tough to watch because I don't feel like the writers have moved the plot along. Still a die hard Entourage fan but I need a little more in the writing...

August 10, 2009 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  53. GVT

It's really too bad they cast Ashley with such an anorexic actress, continue to include her character and ignore the fact that she is sickly looking. Otherwise still a great show.

August 10, 2009 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  54. Joe

this year has been a dispointment. A lot of cameo, character dialogue, with very little action, plot development. This episdoe was the best of the season, but still it feels watered down.

August 10, 2009 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  55. Ruben

Get rid of Jeremy Piven? You're kidding, right? Are we watching the same show? And exactly what do you think the show would be without him?

August 10, 2009 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  56. chad

I hate the fact that this show is 1/2 hour. So cutting 7 mintues off of that is a little insulting. With that being said this was a really funny ep. I would like to see more Ari one liners instead of him just getting mad and yelling at Lloyd. Still a great show.

August 10, 2009 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  57. westmess

I'm with Andy, Johnny Drama and Mark Wahlberg were the funniest.

August 10, 2009 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  58. DougieD

Has Entourage jumped the shark? Until last nights episode, this year has been LAME.....

August 10, 2009 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  59. axl

What's that sound? Oh yeah, it's Entourage jumping the shark...

August 10, 2009 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  60. Eric

absolutely hillarious. sloane needs to be E's thing. sorry Ashley.

August 10, 2009 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  61. stacey levot

Any way we can get rid of Jeremy Piven......PLEASE

August 10, 2009 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  62. Mo

BY far the best episode of the season (so far)

August 10, 2009 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  63. Droncz92

This season is good, but its still lacking...when will the writters find what made the show great to begin with?

August 10, 2009 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  64. Brian

Drama in those knickers? That's all she wrote! Great episode!

August 10, 2009 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  65. Jeremy

F&cking Liked It....Ari at the end! But I wanted to see Ari's business partner get dumped by the corporate-ladder-climbing associate. Maybe next week.

August 10, 2009 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  66. Andy

Loved the back and forth between Drama and Marky Mark!

August 10, 2009 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  67. Astrofan

Turtle's change of heart was out of character....and not believable...I'm not a Giant's fan but the writers definitely did them a disservice by having one of their fans change do a 180 so easily...

August 10, 2009 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  68. Matt

I thought Tambor's performance in Entourage this past weekend was crass and unnecessary. The use of children to blast "F" bombs and Tambor say "F you" to Ari Gold was over the top and ridiculous. The show isn't exactly high brow comedy, but this episode was too much. The show's plot and storyline barely advanced (E got a job offer and got in a fight with Sloan), nothing new was really added to the table (unless Tom Brady becomes a recurring character in the show); overall I'd say this episode was pointless or could have been condensed into a better more relevant episode. Tambor's performance seemed forced and let's face it, is Ari really going to care if Tambor leaves his agency? The guy hasn't been on anything since Hellboy 2.

August 10, 2009 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  69. justin

how could u nto love any entourage show! its the life we all wished we had, even in its worst episodes.

August 10, 2009 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  70. Bridgetender

I thought it was a decent episode. I found Tambor to be annoying along with Drama's typical emotional meltdown. I like that the show focuses on E but I think more Vince and Ari and less Drama would be better.

August 10, 2009 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |