May 20th, 2009

Top 2: We are about to find out

** SPOILER ALERT: Wednesday night’s blog will eventually reveal the winner of  the show. Do not visit the last entry of the blog if you do not want to know the result. **

Hold on to your hats, because we are about to discover who our new American Idol is!

I can't take it!!!

Filed under: television

1. Harold Gould

WISE choice. He is the true winner.

May 21, 2009 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  2. beth

I have not missed one episode of AI since the very first episode and I have to say that I am THROUGH as of last night!! When is America going to get it right?? Kris is nice enough, but CLEARLY anyone who has any clue about talent can see that Adam is superior in every way. While Kris possesses all the qualities of a down home, sweet, charming boy (which isn't a bad thing), Adam is clearly the better performer!!! He has been the best contestant that this show has seen EVER!! Why do they keep picking people to win that are not/will not ever be stars??? Come on, Taylor Hicks? Reuben?? Need I say more? The track record is there for everyone to see. There have been very few idol winners that have been true successes. Why not pick the guy who has talent, presence & true star quality! Pick someone that lights up a room and can sing anything thrown at him!! This guy will be a HUGE star and I will be the first one to buy anything that Adam puts out! My only consolation is that he will be able to make his own record and do his thing rather than being tied to Idol. Rock on, Adam...You are my hero!!!

May 21, 2009 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Joe C

Lambert is a better singer but too "over the edge" for the average viewer. It doesn't matter because his singing ability will bring him very far in his career. (examples Clay Aiken, Daltry)

May 21, 2009 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Over 59

The judges gushed too much over Adam. The show seem to play up his every performance with lights, fog, staircases and anything else they could use. The songs picked for Adam were by far the best selections. Last performance song should be one that the performer chooses,not the owner of the show. His pick for Adam was great, his pick for Kris was not. I think the fans got tired of the raw deal Kris was given and voted for him. You folks played favorites too much and it backfired. The best singer didn't get it, but then that has happened before.....Taylor Hicks! Adam will be a lasting star.

May 21, 2009 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Margie

Kris is a cute kid but forgettable. Adam should have won. He has brought more excitement to the show than any other contestant.

May 21, 2009 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  6. jack

I can name ten people right now in my hometown of Austin, TX that are ten times better musician and performer than Kris-not bad just not that good either and definitely not an idol. As far as Adam goes, he needs to go ahead and audition for some tv or movie roles because to me he would make a much better actor ( or Broadway)than recording artist. He has no passion, and for those that mistake passion for his creepy looks into the camera and high pitch yells, don't feel bad he is just a good actor and has convinced you of this.

May 21, 2009 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  7. jack

Way to go Kris. You will now be popular for a couple months until the teenage girls who voted for you find a new victim to chew up spit out of there pop culture media focused, superficial mouths. America is stuck in rut here of unispirational, passionless art. This is glamorized and fully embraced by the major record labels as well most media outlets today looking to make a quick buck at the expense of mediocre artists that have no longevity to there carreer.

May 21, 2009 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  8. cris

I agree. totally decisions were based on popularity not talet.

May 21, 2009 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  9. Sarah

I'm shocked.. Adam should have won this. It’s a shame the most talented didn’t win! He was by far the best Idol contestant....one of the best ever in Idol history!
    I will never watch American Idol again after this season. I feel like the contest was rigged somehow..very unfair.
    I love Adam and was rendered speechless last night.
    Rock on Adam! I know you'll be a much bigger star than Kris.

May 21, 2009 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  10. Sarah

I'm shocked.. Adam should have won this. It’s a shame the most talented didn’t win! He was by far the best Idol contestent....one of the best ever in Idol history!
    I love Adam and was rendered speechless last night.
    Rock on Adam! I know you'll be a much bigger star than Kris.

May 21, 2009 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  11. anne

Kris totally deserved the title. He worked hard for it. I mean, not being given much credit on his performances, however great those were. But I know Adam worked as hard too. He wouldn’t be in the top 2 if he didn’t. Just goes to show that people, and not just Americans, like a more smooth and relaxing kind of music. What can you expect? With the recession, all other problems we are facing today, I bet it’d be more appealing to listen to those kinds of songs than rock or loud music. Songs that would make you more relaxed and not more stressed. Just an opinion though. I don't know. I am just really not much of a 'rock' and screaming fan. I mean, you can't please everyone. Like Kris, he clearly doesn't please everyone which is why a lot are protesting in forums right after his coronation. That's just how it is. And no matter how much people make it seem that Kris is the 'bad guy' here, it wouldn't change anything. I absolutely love him and am looking forward to his records. Kris, you are KICK AWESOME! 🙂

May 21, 2009 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  12. Chris Allen-American Idol Critic

Oh my God! Who'd of thunk it???
    Truth be told if you look at the season as a whole–the winner
    had to be Adam.
    He was consistently the 1 to watch.
    Every time.
    But Kris did a good job too–and he'll be fine.
    But, Adam, my friends, is the one to watch.

May 21, 2009 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  13. BB

I felt Kris would win, but was disapointed Adam lost. I'm soo bored with the David Cooke, David Archuletta types...was hoping for someone different. As it turned out, Adam was too different.

Last night's show was great regardless, loved all the performances.

May 21, 2009 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  14. Nashville Idol

America got it RIGHT - Kris deserves to win. I so glad the Screaming Idiot didn't Win!!!

May 21, 2009 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  15. David

The best singer did not win, I thought this show was all about who has the most talent. Clearly the best one did not win.

May 21, 2009 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  16. RICK

Lets be honest Adam was the much better singer. I heard back ten weeks ago that Kris was Simon's favorite. Kris for me is like a James Taylor – Harry Chapin type of singer. Adam can sing anything his range is unbeliveable. He will out sell Kris by a mile.. It is what it is... Congrats to all the peerformers another great American Idol series.

May 21, 2009 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
  17. cindy

Wow, I'm all upside down on this. I suspected that Kris would get most of Danny Gokey's fans. Danny is sort of wholesome and Kris is a good guy type. Adam is so incredibly unique and some people couldn't handle his persona. I also have a sense of some prejudism regarding Adam's sexuality. A lot of people really spent a lot of energy on if he's gay...

I'm happy for Kris even though I've been an Adam fan since day 1. I hope Adam gets what he wants. I would love to see him be a Queen type performer, maybe throw in some David Bowie, and of course, the real Adam all mixed together. Adam, in my opinion has been the best performer Idol has ever had.

I don't like the negativism though, either for Kris or for Adam. Both of them worked hard and I so hope that Kris makes it. He's a terrific singer, and his mouth isn't crooked. He just sings crooked!

May 21, 2009 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
  18. Sparkybee

It's funny how many people voted for mediocrity. Sad. However, time will show the real winner in the long run. Adam will have the real victory

May 21, 2009 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
  19. ryan

What did Adam in was his singing of "Burning ring of fire" trust me both Johnny and June both rolled over in there grave when they heard Adam sing that song. and like most people have said, Adam is a good singer, he will do good in his life, but at times was very theartrical when he sang, like he was trying to hard to impress. unlike the other guy, i thought his songs were good, better than Adam's.

May 21, 2009 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
  20. Travis

Your American Idol.... Allison!

Oh wait. She actually DESERVED to win. Neither of these two did so that entire two hours was a farce right from the beginning.

May 21, 2009 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  21. Mike

Astoundingly wrong choice.

Kris is a nice guy with a decent but undistinguished voice. I can see that some people would vote for Kris because they just like soft music but it's evident that there was a concerted effort by the holier-than-thou crowd to make this a good v. evil contest.

Kris is not anywhere near Adam as a singer or performer, and that's so abundantly clear that there is no way Adam would have lost without an agenda vote. Those casting the first stone at Adam in the name of some distorted Christian soldiering really need to take a cold hard look at themselves. If you want to glorify God's name, by all means, do so, but don't glorify some pitifully judgmental views by assuming them to be God's; that's far more sinful than any assumed "lifestyle" you find repugnant.

May 21, 2009 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
  22. ashley

who knows & who cares whether it was little girls or adult votes that pushed kris ahead in the votes. adults vote like children sometimes, too. it doesn't matter. kris won & it was well deserved! GO KRIS!

May 21, 2009 at 12:03 am | Report abuse |
  23. Debora

I'm in north Arkansas and even though I thought Adam was far and away the more talented performer, I knew Kris would win for a very different reason. One thing a lot of people don't realize is that one of the first duties of the Idol winner is to perfom at the Walmart Shareholders convention (this year it's the week ending June 5). There is no way on earth that Walmart corporate was going to allow such a flamboyant performer as Adam to headline their yearly pat-on-the-back party if they had a shot at an Arkansas Sunday School teacher instead. I know I sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I would NOT be surprised to discover that auto-dialers from the Bentonville area were used en masse from 8 pm to midnight last night. If you don't live in this area, you just don't know the power this company yields over everything dealing with sales. And music definitely sells.
    I doubt Adam's too depressed though. Like other posters, I think that he might just be having drinks right now with Brian May and Queen might have a new lead singer this fall. I have never heard anyone else in my life who might fill Freddie's shoes so perfectly.

May 20, 2009 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Elizabeth Lodge

Uhhh, Ricardo... there is no bigger upset than the Giants beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Period.

May 20, 2009 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Evan

Congrats Kris and Adam – Thanks for a great season. Kris pulled off the victory with the help of the Goeke voters.....and had it been Danny versus Adam, Danny would have won with Kris' supporters... it was pretty obvious that was coming!

May 20, 2009 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Ken

ok, fortunately I have other things to do.

Thank you for responding Fosizzle or whatever your ever so graceful name is;)

May 20, 2009 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  27. TERESA

Your right Adam does belong in theater, on a stage in a movie and on one of the hottest CD's that will ever be put out from any American Idol. So right on Adam keep screaming out those songs the way only you can do, let the people who can't sing post all the crap they want, but when it comes down to it, Adam you can sing your butt off, and like him or not he gave 100% every week and rocked to house every time, even the judges were shocked tonight. They had nothing but great comments for Adam week after week. What did the others have zilch? So be happy for whom ever, but give real talent his props......

May 20, 2009 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  28. fsuga

Wow, Ken, your parents must be so proud.
    Just trying to figure out at which point I challenged the First Amendment here? If you can go back in my posts and show me exactly where I attempted to ban any freedom of speech, assembly, press, or petition, I would appreciate it.
    I logged on in anticipation of seeing the sniping between the Christian and liberal camps. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

May 20, 2009 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Ken

Fauga,

If you are so much more "mature" and "politically correct" then you should not participate in this discussion. After all, its an IDOL discussion board. You want to talk politics go to a different blog. How you associate one with the other leads me to believe you are not as intelligent as you would like to be. Its a free country, people are only practicing the first amendment. Oh wait, you're the intellect Im sure you already know about that. With that said, let people express their opinions.

May 20, 2009 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Kerry

I'm on the west coast, but couldn't resist snooping around trying to find out the results. I like Kris, have from the beginning. He seems like a nice, genuine guy. But he wasn't, in my opinion, the better singer / performer. The risks Adam took from day 1 made this my favorite season of AI. He never conformed or did the expected. For me, his originality was like a breath of fresh air for a somewhat tired format. Last nights final was the first time I voted all season. Prior to that, I would have been happy with either Danny or Adam winning. The unexpected final of Adam and Kris made voting much easier. So I voted. All 4 hours. I kept a tally out of curiosity, and averaged about 30/35 calls every 5 minutes. I estimate I voted roughly some 1600 times. I would be interested to see if there was any followup or accounting verifications by an outside group. Reading some of the disgruntled opinions of people not liking the "guyliner" or whom Adam may or not be kissing leaves me feeling sick. Much in the same way I would imagine someone that supported Kris would dislike him being bashed because he's a christian. That's not what this was supposed to be about, and I hate the fact that people chose to focus on irrelevant issues. I'm afraid AI has lost me and my family as viewers.

May 20, 2009 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Wanda

There are bigger and better things in store for Adam....AI needs a Pure type acting person to be a good example for the young girls and boys....Adam may be a very clean cut person at home and is acting all this out....I trust Kris with the career of rock and roll....He can say no, but Adam might have a problem with the drugs and gays...I pray he does not get aids.......I hope he is not gay....Maybe that is why he lost...He talks so much like a gay ...........

May 20, 2009 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Amy

I'm excited Kris won. Yes, Adam was fun to watch...but seriously, every song ever written ends with a big ol' screamfest? Makes my vocal chords hurt just listening. Kris has a lovely voice with good range and he plays his own instruments. What he did with "Heartless"? Genius. I'd bet money he writes his own stuff as well. What does Adam do? Shreds someone else's work...what he did to "One" was horrific. Kris reminds me of Jason Mraz, and I think he'll have that kind of career. Good on you, Kris! You deserve it!

May 20, 2009 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Linda

America dodged A SCREAMING BULLET by choosing Kris to win! Adam is not marketable. The only place for him is the theater.

May 20, 2009 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  34. dana

I like Kris and am happy for him. I like Adam, too. He may have his background in theater, but the kid CAN ROCK! So, he will make a rock album (oops, CD–showing my age) and then another and another.....And I will buy them because his voice reminds me of others I have loved listening to. And I will buy Kris's because I like his style. As long as Kris stays out of the Christian rock genre, that is. So foo on all the naysayers for each of these kids. There's something for everyone out there. You don't have to hate the others–just appreciate that there is something different for others to listen to. And for those who appreciate MUSIC, listen to them all!!!

May 20, 2009 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  35. fsuga

One more time, just for all the knuckleheads who missed it the first time: "It is nothing more than a television show people."
    Calm down, take a breath. Your life will not be any different in the morning because of who won or lost.
    This country just elected an inexperienced neighborhood planner with about 10 months actual political experience President, and the results of AI get more stunned comments.
    This is the reason the guy got elected. More than half of these people can't name both of their Senators, nor their Representative, but they can probably name the top 10 in Idol.

May 20, 2009 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Fawn

My favorite was Danny!!! But Chris did awsome !!! GO CHRIS !!!

May 20, 2009 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Me

Adam baby... come out with a record now and I will be first in line to buy it!

May 20, 2009 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  38. RJ

Adam doesnt scream he sings 😦

May 20, 2009 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Denise

As usual, the average takes it. What on earth could they possibly do with someone as fantastic as Adam. He is a super star and that is something Kris just cannot compare to.

May 20, 2009 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  40. karen

Prejudice is not very becoming.

May 20, 2009 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  41. RJ

carrie totally right. Adam was a mile ahead of kris.kris had lots of young girl votes. he was talented but not enough. adam was not attractive but an amazing singer. he will be a super star. ADAM LAMBERT THE NEXT LEGEND like the beetles

May 20, 2009 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Ken

@ cougar4adam & anyone else who though Lambert should of won...

What do you do with someone who sings like Adam? Put him in an 80's Heavy Metal band? The guy has a helluva range with his voice but he isn't marketable at all. And this has NOTHING to do with anyone being gay. The man never came out and said it so how in the heck do you know whether he is gay or not? Do you know him? Are you two drinking buddies? Nothing like a 40 year old woman puttin her foot in her mouth....didn't vote for adam cuz he's gay...I honestly can't believe you implied that more than half of america voted for one guy cuz the other was into men...thats ridiculous. And as for Kris winning...the guy is much more marketable than Adam. He plays his own instruments (plural...it means more than one for you "cougars" out there), he has a helluva ear for music...remember what he did to the Kanye West song? I know when they announced he was singing that song, I was think what everyone else was thinking. "oh god, he's gonna screw this up royally...", but he put it down and shut everyone up....he's a talented kid and he deserved to win.

....homophobic world?...dumb thing to say....

May 20, 2009 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Darlene

Congrats to Kris and Adam for their great performances. Judging from these comments we can all learn something from them. They were both humble and carried themselves in a very professional manner. They are both very talented and we the viewers should be happy for both just as they are happy for each other. We should should share in their joy and not tear each contestant apart. At the end of the day it is just entertainment. God loves everyone and so should we.

May 20, 2009 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  44. wayne

if kris is so good than tell me why all the big stars where hugging and talking and giving their love to adam......... anyone tell me why??

May 20, 2009 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Barb

Kris, YOU deserve this! You are fresh, and you touch people's hearts. Stay as you are , America has voted. We love your stage presence! Looking forward to your 1st recording!

May 20, 2009 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Ken Johnson

YES!!! The Truth Hurts. A humble person WON, and a very good singer as well. AMERICA VOTED AND CHRIS WON. All ya sore losers "Get Over It". Scream or is that sing this: "ADAM LOST"

May 20, 2009 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Cookie

When you find yourself in the majority think again. It is clear Adam was the most talented. . . I tried to call in for two hours and could not get through for Adam; I think his lines were jammed. . . .

Sometimes it is better not to win the prize. . . . .you go, Adam. He probably is relieved.

May 20, 2009 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Allison

Wow, I can't believe people are comparing Kris to Taylor Hicks. Taylor Hicks had no talent whatsoever, not to mention some horrible dancing moves. Kris has a soulful, smooth voice and great stage presence. He is the type of performer who is currently getting a lot of play on the radio and, being a poprock fan myself, I think his coffeeshop vibe is fantastic.

I really did think Adam was going to win. But I'm really glad Kris did. I don't think Adam has the broad appeal that Kris has. Most people think Kris is really good, or just okay, while most people I know either love or hate Adam. I don't like his overdramatic performance style, cause honestly, I'm glad the 80s are over...

May 20, 2009 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Lori

Now we know why you have to be 18 to vote for the president. We would end up with a cute face and no brains for the job.... Adam will always be my favorite

May 20, 2009 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Dave

Bye Adam! OMG we dodged a close one. Adam wailing on the radio woulda killed me.

May 20, 2009 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  51. maggie t

and.. you have been redeemed AI that show was spectacular. Well done for such an amazing end to an otherwise upsetting AI series. i hope you have learnt your lesson. don`t push someone, anyone down our throats again. we can think for ourselves.

May 20, 2009 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Brian

I'm a little confused. People who attend church and sit for an hour in a pew each week then spew hatred about someone who is different than them. I was born and raised Catholic, this isn't what I learned or was taught each Sunday. Yes, you have your confessional to profess your sins and what, you repeat the same darn cycle again and again and again? Hypocrites.

I'm happy for Adam and Kris. We need more love less hate.

May 20, 2009 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Ricky

Please folks, quit crying discrimination and turning this into some imagined "homophobia" thing. (Which is the same pandering card AI played selecting "Change Gonna Come" for Adam in the final.)

It is a singing competition! Besides, Kris looks way better.

May 20, 2009 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Steve

Look, good for both of them. If I understand the AI contract, Adam has a far greater chance of success than Kris now that he's 2nd place. He'll be able to be different, do his own thing, etc. Kris has a better chance of success because he'll be promoted, clipped, cut, told what to sing, etc. It's really the best thing that could have happened to both of them. Good for them.

May 20, 2009 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  55. DeLong

What, Kris won.....did america have their ear plugs in....or maybe feel sorry for the guy next door....another Hicks year.....either way, Adam will shine above them all for years and years to come...

Kris, good luck.......don't fall on your face buddy...

May 20, 2009 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Dan

Upperhand9978, what nonsense about Kris being a good instrumentalist. He can barely play either instrument and was clearly using them as props to get teenage girls to vote for him.

How horrible that he sang that awful song AGAIN at the end.

May 20, 2009 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  57. roger

well kris "won". it reminds me of when bush stole the election from gore with the help of christian fanatics. now these same christers felt compelled to vote against an "unwholesome degenerate". these people are no different from muslims terrorists, they attempt to destroy anyone who doesn't think or worship like they do. at least adam will be a big star, and these narrow minded bigots cant do anything to stop that. hmmmm, gay clay aiken massively outsells ruben stoddard. i think i see deja vu. lets just hpe these christian pinheads will have monet to buy kris' CD after tithing to their corrupt, parasitic churches.

May 20, 2009 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Elizabeth

As soon as I saw the results of DWTS, and realized that Gilles, the Frenchman did not win, I prophesied that the next American Idol would be the safe "American" choice, Chris. I have never seen a more talented entertainer than Adam, and though Chris is the choice, he will melt into anonymity and Adam will be very successful. The sky is the limit for Adam, and I wish him the best. Chris, too, but I have already forgotten him.

May 20, 2009 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Fabiana

OMG I guess America does not think this is a singing competition!!! How anyone in their right mind can actually think that Kris allen was anywhere close to Adam's talent is beyond me.. I am in shock!!! It's ok Adam I love you and I will go buy your cd as son as it comes out. As carrie pointed out Taylor Hicks #2 – I agree!!! what a joke!

May 20, 2009 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  60. karen

I think America got it wrong this time.
    Kris is a nice guy, with a good voice, but his performing and vocals don't even compare to Adam. He even said it should have been Adam.
    Oh well, I wish him luck. I hope he isn't someone we never hear from again. I hope he is successful. Adam will definitely be successful.

I hope now they change the method of voting to make it more accurate...Maybe charge everyone 1.00 a vote? That might keep the 12-14 yr. old girls from hitting the redial button over and over.

May 20, 2009 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Chris

Why should religion have a play in the Idol? Clearly Adam was the winner.

May 20, 2009 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Kathy

I have nothing against Kris, but Adam has consistently sang better and deserved the win. Kris was honest enough to admit that Adam should have won...what a sham!!!!

May 20, 2009 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  63. B

I haven't watched since season 2 and tonight's result reminded me why-the show is too dang long and 12 year olds should NOT be allowed to use the phone!

Oh well, at least I have an Adam Lambert album to look foward to. 😉

May 20, 2009 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  64. frank

I am dispointed that the true artist was not appreciated much, Kris is fine, but no comparison with Adam. America is still too far conservative and brought that to the idol stage.

May 20, 2009 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Jefe

Adam is a performer - he commands a stage and a huge audience – and rightfully deserves it. But I do think Kris would make better music videos and possibly go better on the radio. For Adam, you have to watch him to enjoy him more.

I am so glad they air the finale live here in HK. What a star-studded show.

May 20, 2009 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Galoux

Can we please keep religion out of this? What is this "our Christian singer" stuff? I'm a churchgoing Christian and happy to be so, and I happen to have been for Adam from the get-go. I doubt God is interested in who won tonight.

Tell you what, both of these young men have a lot more class and grace than many of the hate-filled posters here, no matter whose side they're on.

May 20, 2009 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  67. dana

This is the first season I watched and I loved it. I am a fan of Kris Allen. He is such a genuine guy. He was so humble about winning that it made me like him even more. Adam was good but I didn't care for all the screaming he did. Good luck to both of these talented guys.

May 20, 2009 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  68. maggie t

YES!!! thankyou America for doing the right thing. well done. good beat bad again!!

May 20, 2009 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Bruce

Uber Amercian conservatism wins out, just as I predicted. But check it out dudes, a year from now and Adam (and Allison) will be world wide stars rocking the planet. Kris, will be like, who was it who won American Idol last year?

May 20, 2009 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Theresa

Not to be believed! Talent just doesn't count I guess.

May 20, 2009 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Tim

Biggest rip-off since Ruben vs. Clay! Adam is going to have a stellar career!

May 20, 2009 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  72. melissa

Johny...the competition is suppose to be about talent not religion!

May 20, 2009 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  73. wordgirl

Anthony, that kind of hate speech is not appropriate in this venue. Take your prejudices somewhere else. Adam is probably the most humble, decent, well-behaved and polished contestant they've had on that show. It's more a reflection of your own lack of grace that you felt the need to say such an ugly thing in public than a stab at Adam.

May 20, 2009 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Joanne

What a joke. Adam was the better talent. What are people thinking?
    Wait and see , Adam will be a HUGE star.

May 20, 2009 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Susan in SC

Say it ain't so. Adam is the real talent.

May 20, 2009 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  76. alexi

Obviously a show for hillbillies. I didn't realize this was a c/w talent show. i agree, he should sign with Queen!

May 20, 2009 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Heather

I am soooo happy! I think Adam is waaaay talented, but he's too theatrical, and I think he would've turned out to be another Taylor Hicks! I think Adam will have an awesome career on broadway... but Kris is so awesome, I would buy his album in a heartbeat! He is such a nice guy too... very derserved! Congrats Kris!!!!

May 20, 2009 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Ernie

What a joke!!!! Children under 12 should not be allowed to vote.

May 20, 2009 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  79. fsuga

So we have the homosexual advocates slamming Kris' fans, and the Christians "voting their butts off" against the gay guy. Nice people. As somebody who couldn't give two cents about Idol, I implore you to get a life. It's a television show. Seriously.

May 20, 2009 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Mike in Omaha

Adam has more talent, but Kris is the favorite of the people. The Gokey factor gave Kris the win. If Adam hadn't been so over-the-top dramatic every week he likely would have walked away the overwhelming winner.

81. anner

At least Taylor HIcks has charisma.

82. Jeena

I'm disappointed. I wish America could have seen true talent. But they are still both great in their own ways.

83. Ricardo

I really thought Adam was going to take American Idol. This is a bigger upset than the Giants beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl...

84. bellesque

Sam person voted the winner every year. It's bloody sad. Adam will have an amazing career, that's certain.

85. John

What do you expect from a country that make Obama president?

86. Brie

It's called Revenge of the Danny Gokey Fans!!! My fiance put it best when he said "So basically the 3rd best singer won?". Totally. But I'll take it.

87. JM

Atleast Adam doesn't have to sing that crap song now.

88. Diana

Adam deserved to win. That "eyeliner kid" that Johny describes is a talented, good person who deserved to win. Even Kris acknowledged that.

89. Dot Green

As I predicted – the one with the talent lost again. Here we go with another losing season of AI. This show just lost its credibility.

90. Katie

Unbelievable! AMERCIA GOT IT SO WRONG!!!!
    Clay and Rueben all over again!
    Adam will prove he is the bigger talent and bigger star.
    I am imagining the tour.......Kris following Adam???? Talk about anti climatic.
    This is so wrong wrong wrong!

91. Paul in Louisville

America the homophobic...not even a little bit shocked....sad, but not shocked.

92. Freddie M

To Johny,
    Nice way to turn the other cheek!! I didn't know that your religion was all about revenge. I guess Jesus would be proud of you for voting off the best singer just because you were hurt by some stupid person's comments online.

May 20, 2009 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Pam

They're both great, but Kris was the best!

May 20, 2009 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Steven

Absolutely absurd!!! Why does America have such bad taste?!?! Kris Allen is an amateur at best.

May 20, 2009 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  95. sk

At least Kris was honest enough to say he did not deserve it and was less biased than all you Adam haters gay-bashing white picket fence idiots.

May 20, 2009 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Celeste

Yikes, Kris won what were you people thinking? Oh well just because he won doesn't mean he is the better singer!

May 20, 2009 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Dusty

Adam's awesome but OMG Kris did it!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Duh

Adam didn't need to win to go on to a fantastic career. Remember Chris Daughtry? Kris is more pop/top 40, while Adam needs to find a rock band, I mean how would the AI bigwigs package and sell Adam? It's all good.

May 20, 2009 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Scooter

Guys!!! Gals!!! No need to get upset!!! They both will get contracts. Adam will be the star. That's for sure. Kris will do OK. But Adam is the STAR!!!

May 20, 2009 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  100. jeff

America got it right......just wish Hollywood would get the message

May 20, 2009 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  101. JOHN RABACS

Adam should have won

May 20, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  102. KLM

I'm not going to hate on Kris. Kudos to him. But it should have been Adam Lambert up there, because if NOTHING else, he has proved CONSISTENTLY that he can be original, that he's got the pipes, and that he's got the perfect control of a seasoned pro. What America was looking for was apparently same old, same old. That's fine. Anyone remember Chris Daughtry? How many times platinum is his first album now? Thanks.

May 20, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Danielle

Its too bad it wasnt ADAM. What is wrong with you Americans??

May 20, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Tina

Rob, they won't miss you, 100 Million voted! Our one little votes don't count!

May 20, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Connie

You are and always will be the true Idol, ADAM! America got it wrong!

May 20, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  106. KLM

Johny - so, basically, you retaliated against someone [like it was YOUR voting that pushed it over the edge] who has just as much talent and should have been the clear winner, just because someone else called your favorite contestant some bad names?

Here's a question for you: Where's your disappointment at all of the hate that has accumulated for Adam? Or, does it not MATTER if it's not about Christian this or Christian that?

Lame. You, not Kris winning. YOU are lame. Thanks.

May 20, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Robert

People like johny are entiled to vote but I wish the deaf could not vote.

May 20, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Jeanne Tutt

wow. no shocker to me. AI is rigged and I have thought so since Clay Aiken. I have been saying for weeks no matter who was in the top 2 with Adam he would be runner up. Go figure.

May 20, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Sploinker

Waaaaaaaa let's hear all you Adam fans cry FOUL!!!!!!!!! The right man won this contest!!! DIG IT BABY!!! The little setups they did all year including a finale with KISS to try to showcase Adam didn't do squat. In the words of The Dog......YEA BABY!!!

May 20, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Lakshmi

American Idol Season 8 winner is Kris Allen!!!

May 20, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Carol

Wow! I sure hope the voting was based on talent and not sexual preference, Adam was absolutely incredible. Kris is good but I am sorry to say he was not as well rounded as Adam. Adam was the most original artist to ever appear on the show. I would like to see him fill stadiums. Kris, best wishes to you as well. Sorry I cannot say I think you were the best talent.

May 20, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Fitty

All I can say is... Adam was robbed!!! Even Kris acknowledged that it was Adam that should have won. America.. you definitely got it wrong. Oh well, I still predict that Adam will go on to have a sensational career while Kris will follow the same path as Taylor Hicks.

Thoroughly enjoyed the CNN Idol blog this season... thanks so much.

May 20, 2009 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Stacey

Adam was robbed. He deserved to be the American Idol. He is a star either way!!!

May 20, 2009 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  114. wordgirl

Adam completely deserves this win. I'm not mad, but only because I KNOW Adam's success is an almost certain guarantee, and that Kris's final shot, crying and holding tight to his wife was so heart warming. I'm fine with it, but, truly, Adam was robbed.

May 20, 2009 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Linda Segura

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

They were both great but cmon, Adam had it all. It's probably better though that Adam doesn't get "locked in " to the Idol contract, gives him more creativiety license.

May 20, 2009 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Briana

Well...at least Adam won't be stuck singing that HORRIBLE Hurricanes and Mountains song for the next few months.

May 20, 2009 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Nick Van Horn

" ADAM was ROBBED !! Because He was Gay!!!!

May 20, 2009 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Denise

GGGRRRR!
    I can't believe Kris won.
    He has no personality.
    Adam should have won. He has all the qualities of a star.

Adam...I still love you you're my American Idol.

May 20, 2009 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  119. sam

im in shock.

May 20, 2009 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Hollywood Bob

Whoever is writing this blog, three other blogs already revealed the winner. HELLO!!!

May 20, 2009 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  121. JR

This is ridiculous. Adam proved OVER and OVER again tonight that he can sing circles around Kris. America got it wrong.

To look at the bright side of things, this means that Adam won't be bound to produce a cheesy American Idol album and can start working on something even better right away.

May 20, 2009 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  122. william

most pleased...

May 20, 2009 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  123. michael schwartz

what a disgrace that an utter no talent like kris wins - he shouldn't have even been in the final 13 - america is pretty dumb - adam was too flamboyant for them

May 20, 2009 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  124. katie

Adam was too theatrical, that was the problem.. well done to Kris!

May 20, 2009 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Dennis

My family had three phones to dial in for Adam
    the lines were constantly busy.

I believe the lines may have been broken for Adam.

Because Adam is a much better singer than Chris.
    Chris is not pleasing to look at since his mouth is very crooked.
    Chris is a gospel, slow rock singer with little versatility.

I will never watch American Idol again. Since evidently this show does not pick the best singer!

May 20, 2009 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  126. ange

Wow! What an upset! They are both pretty amazing, so I'm happy with the result either way.

May 20, 2009 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  127. cougar4adam

Amen to that Carrie! Definately a Taylor Hicks #2!
    What a homophobic world we live in. American Idol I am thru with you.. America I am disgusted with your prejudice. I am a Christian woman and I believe that we should love and accept everyone just like Jesus did.
    America has voted in something mediocre when they could have had the best thing since Elvis and the Beatles, Queen. Shame on you!

May 20, 2009 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Robert

Maybe the judges should get 50 percent of the vote because as Kris said Adam is the best and will outsell Kris easily. Both were good but the people are idiots.

May 20, 2009 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Chris Kessell

Well America got it wrong yet again!! Why do they always vote for the underdog? What happened to "May the best man win"?
    Adam was clearly the best and most creative singer that has ever graced American Idol!

May 20, 2009 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  130. glk

EVERYONE KNOWS ADAM IS BETTER...EVERYONE!! Prejudice is obviously still a major problem in this country...what a shame. Maybe one day the REAL talent will win...no matter what their race, creed, sexual preference, etc....

May 20, 2009 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Suellen

Arkansas is proud! Kris is a great young man!

May 20, 2009 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Marc

Again, a joke. Limited range, limited future potential. Adam Lambert will do just fine, and so will Danny Gokey. Kris is a nice guy, but, Kris, seriously: Start counting. Your 15 minutes of fame have begun.

May 20, 2009 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Rob

All i can say is this show is rigged, Adam did what ameircan Idol show wants of its Artist. I have to say if this show was not rigged, It shows me american's are not worthy of voting. This will be my last viewing of american idol show ever. It shows us what a joke this show is

May 20, 2009 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  134. anthony

I'm so glade that Gay Goth Guy didn't win!! Thank you Jesus!!

135. liz

Kris just won AI?!!!? Now he is going to be forced to sing that crappy song again. However there was a scream of joy from studio execs around the world that Adam is without a contract. Simon is stoned cold.

136. Johny

This is what you get for attacking our Christian singer. I was OK with him losing, but not the hate comments. So voted my butt off so the eyeliner kid wouldn't get it.

137. Diggity Dave

Dear Howard,

Eat some humble pie. Go buy your Glambert lunchbox. Oh, and take it to Journalism school. Next time, be more objective, and you won't look so foolish.

138. sk

No surprise here. What a boring average American Idol. A reflection of the majority indeed.

139. Angela

This is just like Dancing with the Stars! No offense Chris, but Adam was RIPPED OFF! Adam is the champion!

140. Hepzibah

The outcome was CRIMINAL...what a shame
    enjoy your bland Idol...America

141. Shelli

I will never watch American Idol again. Kris? Are you kidding?

142. Mindy

Adam so should have had this! Still, it doesn't really matter, he's the real star anyways...

143. Linda

Kris said it . . . it should have been Adam. Notice that Simon did not stand and clap.

144. Judy

They have lost a fan.........Adam was and is the BEST

145. Peter

Felicitations Kris! Your humility is admirable, but you are awesome! American Idol! You deserve it kid!

146. Upperhand9978

No surprise, Kris took it. He was ahead in the votes in front of Adam every week, the first one safe. As talented as Adam was, Kris was a well-rounded musician, as good as an instrumentalist as he was a vocalist. Adam had decent vocals, but is bound for broadway (like Clay Aiken).

147. RD

Yeah KRIS!!!

148. Adamlover

Mark my words ye... Adam will rock for decades from now and Kris will play at coffeehouses.

149. Bob

America did the right thing. Kris needed this more than Adam. Adam has gotten all the exposure he needs to have a career.

Kris needs to get tougher or he'll get eaten alive in the business.

Good luck to them both (and Allison, honey, will buy your cd as soon as it comes out!)

150. Sophie

I feel so cheated. I will never buy a Ford car ever! Another boring guy with his coffeehouse show. At least Adam does not have to perform that awful song. I'm going to bed.

151. Themuddman

Sheesh..........would rather have had it be Anoop...............

152. Jack in TampaBay

Even tho Adam should have won ... I think he is better off than Kris because he won't be held under IDOL'S thumb for a 2 yr contract .. he can go out & do his own thing!

BOTH were great!

153. brendon

he SHOULD NOT HAVE WON :@:@::@

154. Mary

Another Taylor Hicks and/or Jordan Sparks is born.

155. TCJ

Well at least Adam can do his own thing instead of what AI tells him to do.

156. Glo

It took Adam long enough to get off the stage.

157. Dave

LOL OMG! America got it right.

Bye bye Adam!!!!!

158. BONGI

Well done Kris you deserve it!

159. John

Heterosexuals for the win!

160. Nick

Kris Allen? uh. lol?

May 20, 2009 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  161. demj

BS!!!!! Adam should have won, period!

May 20, 2009 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Leslie

Bleh.

May 20, 2009 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Yuna

I can't believe it!!!! I am shocked as much as Kris is!!! Even he said that Adam deserved the win. Either way both will succeed in their careers.

May 20, 2009 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  164. Zebulon

My poor Adam, I still love you.

May 20, 2009 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  165. Bonnie

Oh please let it be Adam..but I really like Kris too. I am soo confused.....

May 20, 2009 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |