May 19th, 2009

Watch 'American Idol' with CNN.com

It's on tonight!

"American Idol" is down to the final two and things couldn't be more exciting! It's the battle of the dark horse against the dark prince as Kris Allen and Adam Lambert sing it out to see who takes the title.

Tune in tonight and watch with CNN.com’s Lisa Respers France, who will be blogging live during the show. "American Idol" winner Carrie Underwood is scheduled to perform.

Post your comments below, or head over to iReport to share videos of your thoughts about the results show.

Your comment or video may appear on CNN!

–Lisa Respers France, CNN.com writer

« Previous entry
  1. michelle

If anyone has any doubts about Adams talent, please spend $1.50 or whatever it is and download "One" from ITunes – absolutely incredible rendition, not like what was on the show, you will be floored.

May 20, 2009 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  2. marie

I think the song"No Boundaries" was terrible and neither of them sang it very well. But I think the judges' behavior was worse. They basically told Kris (between the lines) that he sucked and wouldn't win. They were very reserved in their comments with him as opposed to what they offered Adam. How sad.

May 19, 2009 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  3. michelle

People keep referring to Adam's screaming...HELLO!! Screaming??? Have you ever heard Steven Tyler? Axl Rose? AC/DC? And half of the rock bands out there today? Not to mention that Adam can sing, slow melodic songs TOO!!!! Half of the songs he sang on the show were mellow. Being able to sing everything shows true talent.

May 19, 2009 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jonny in Texas

Seriously, is there really a question which of these two is the better singer/performer? Adam, hands down, without question. When they sing back to back you can really tell the difference in the lack of stage presence and strength Chris doesn't have. He'll probably sell a couple CDs, but will be nowhere close to the career Adam has ahead of him. A star is born.....

May 19, 2009 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  5. BMolloy

This should not be a headline on the main CNN page until AFTER IT AIRS ON THE WEST COAST!

May 19, 2009 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Happy in Arizona

Kris is a true artist. I'm not so sure about Adam. I can't stand it when he rolls his tongue and screaches more like a girl. Hope Kris wins. He is very deserving of it.

May 19, 2009 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Judette

OMG! Adam just sang Mad World. I got goosebumps all over again. He put a different twist to it again. A+ for Adam!!!!!!!

May 19, 2009 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  8. me to know

Adam and Kris, good luck to both of you during tonight's show! I hope that you are both able to obtain fair results, due to ( no criticism intended here ) the fact that I believe that Adam is "talked up" more by the media than Kris, giving him, I feel, almost an unfair advantage in the results poll. If Kris had the same "opportunity" in this department as Adam, how might he fair? What we need is to vote for our favorite here, not whether he is a "dark horse" or a "dark prince." Because when it comes down to it, who says?

May 19, 2009 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  9. viewer

REASONS to VOTE ADAM american idol 2009:

he has a strong voice

he has a balanced voice

his vocals are not shaky

his vocals INCLUDE NON screaming, NON screeching, NON yelling vocal notes

his songs choices INCLUDE CALM, QUIET, NON loud songs

he interacts with the audience, in studio and at home

he takes all criticism into consideration

he does NOT disrespect others

he does NOT talk back to judges in a rude matter

PLEASE REMEMBER AMERICAN IDOL IS A SINGING COMPETITION

May 19, 2009 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Bernie,AZ

Good thing AZ stays on standard time (EDST-3) and my horses and goats need to be fed about the time this will air... I can't believe folks watch this drivel. AND, will Carrie wreck another Randy Travis song tonight? Oh boy, what I'll miss, huh? A lot of people have WAY too much time on their hands if "Idol" is a "can't miss" !

May 19, 2009 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  11. anthony

I'm sure that Gay Goth Guy will win.

May 19, 2009 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Debbie

The Dark Horse vs The Dark Prince? I love It!!

May the Dark Prince win it all.

May 19, 2009 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  13. kelly

so sick of adam's screaming, hope kris wins.

May 19, 2009 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Patricia

It is very unfair that Adam is basically a professional to compete with an ature. This show was supposed to be about undiscovered talent and that is Kriss. If he doesn't win i'm much less inclined to continue watching this show.

May 19, 2009 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  15. michelle

I am so glad Adam came along. American Idol is usually a semi-interesting competition. Adam is DIFFERENT. He is unique and multi-talented, unlike any other performer on the show-ever. He has proven he can sing any genre and all without missing a note. I look forward to hearing and seeing him in the future no matter what happens on the show.

May 19, 2009 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Me

Adam will win because TPTB at the show want him to win in order to counter all the homophobia charges they've incrued over the years. However, Adam will not ever even once say that he is gay until AFTER he wins. "First openly gay winner"? Yeah, right. Tell us another one.

May 19, 2009 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  17. veronica

All I have to say is that on Adam's blog on AI website there are close to 12,000 posts and growing by the minute all obsessive love for Adam and on Kris's last check 888. Hmmmm ADAM ROCKS no matter what the outcome.

May 19, 2009 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Michelle

America please do not assume that Adam will win.He needs your votes! I think Danny went home because people assumed he wouldn't and they did not vote.Please do not make that mistake with Adam.Love him or hate him , he is the best.Please vote tonight!!

May 19, 2009 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Trudi

No one has come along that has this type of charisma, sex appeal and talent since Elvis Presley. Vote for Adam Lambert.

May 19, 2009 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  20. lin

A pretty good season overall, though it lost a lot of spark when Allison departed.

May 19, 2009 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Chris Mac

I haven't been this exctited about American Idol since Season 1! GO ADAM!

May 19, 2009 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Jessica

I like Adam's dres tyle alot, but his voice kinda turns me off. Kris has a great voice, and his stle is okay, in the end as much as I want Kris to win this one I think it's gonna be Adam.

May 19, 2009 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Starbucks girl

Hope Adam wins tonight...he truly is the most talented idol EVER!!! Stop throwing the gossip about him up all the time...It' about singing????

May 19, 2009 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Tim

Adam Lambert..... So far over the top that he doesn't even resemble a singer anymore. Outstanding when he actually shows some self control, but garbage the rest of the time. The mark of a good vocalist is knowing when to control themselves, I guess people will vote for the biggest show off, not necessarily the best vocalist.

May 19, 2009 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Ken S.

Adam is the best and deserves to win. It's Adam all the way to the top

May 19, 2009 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Ken

Adam is the best and deserves to win. It's Adam all the way to the top!

May 19, 2009 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Barbara

We are anxiously waiting to hear Adam tonight. If he's runner up, it will be disappointing BUT he's been discovered!! His parents have totally supported him and that shows you who he really is. You can tell he's the real thing.... vocally talented, charming, lovable, edgy.....the whole package. My 83 year old mother who is visiting watched past episodes on Tivo and fell in love with you and my 15 year old daugther adores you!! Adam you're the best thing that has happened to the music industry in a long time!! Can't wait for you to come to NY or NJ to perform.

May 19, 2009 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  28. JENNIFER

Kris you are the head of the class! Arkansas knows how to grow some talent!

May 19, 2009 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Soledad

I firmly believe that Adam Lambert is tops over Kris, Adam's voice ranges (several) and style are unique. His presence for some people is fascinating and just remember that is a SINGING COMPETITION and nothing else. He is who he is and has all of my respect for being hones and as he says I am who I am, I am a HONEST guy and I want to CONTINUE singing and that is that. Good luck Adam and I hope that all the american people sees the great voice and per formance you show and nothing else. America lets be hones at honor the talent.

SV

May 19, 2009 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  30. chloe

I really don't care who wins now. Down to the two with the most versatility. Either one is fine in my book. Good luck to both of the finalists.

May 19, 2009 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  31. sc

Go Kris!! I am rooting for you all the way. I will be a fan and buy your music. Good luck babe!

May 19, 2009 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Reader715

Go Kris...it's refreshing to hear good music. I like Adam but man oh man, enough screaming already. My votes for him were lost after listening to him scream through and destroy U2.

May 19, 2009 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Marissa

I think that both Kris and Adam will sing well tonight. However, I think Kris will stand out more because of the way he arranges music and takes chances. I know what to expect from Adam, I never really know what I'm going to get from Kris and that's what makes him good.

May 19, 2009 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  34. surrenda

This will be the suckiest A.I. ever and I will not be tuning in... I will say this, I can't wait to hear Gokey and Lil Rounds records when they come out...

May 19, 2009 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Diana L

Adam is clearly the top dog and I hope he will win American Idol this season. His performances have never let me down. I'm over 50 and I like his style of presentation and want to download all his singles. He is by far the best contestant EVER. I love him.

May 19, 2009 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Yvonne

Although I do enjoy watching/listening to both contestants, I'm hoping Kris will win. Perhaps he'll receive all of Danny's votes. Looking forward to a great show!

May 19, 2009 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Patsy H

Adam is very nice looking. But he freaked me out with the colored fingernails. This is to much for me. A man should not have nail polish on. I'm not that crazy about his voice either.

I think Chris should win. He is good looking, can really sing, and not all made up like Adam. He's a natural. Very talented singer too.

May 19, 2009 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |