May 14th, 2009

Will Jon & Kate Separate?

Shocking new confessions from Kate Gosselin, star of TLC’s reality show, Jon & Kate Plus 8. In a revealing new interview, the mother of 8 admits her marriage is in trouble.

Given that small detail, perhaps a reality show documenting your family life isn’t the way to go? I’m just saying.

You can be sure you’ll catch all the tension on the new season of the show; Showbiz Tonight just received this statement from TLC;

"We are in production for Season 5 and moving forward as planned, while fully supporting the family and respecting their needs as they work through this challenging time. This show has always been about a real family dealing with real-life situations, and that will continue to be the case for the new season."

You can catch the new season of Jon & Kate Plus 8 on TLC, when it premieres, May 25th. You can catch Showbiz Tonight, tonight and every night on HLN at 11p ET & PT.

Filed under: Uncategorized

1. JOANNE

Jon & Kate, please do not separate. Make up your differences. The one little child came to Jon and said, "Daddy, please don't go away again." It was heartbreaking. I watched the show Monday night as I always do, and it broke my heart to see how empty it all seemed. All the heart had gone out of Kate and out of the show. If it continues like this, I cannot continue to watch.
    I do NOT believe what one rumor monger suggests: that it is all a publicity stunt. How very foolish of him to suggest this. This couple and this family are in crisis. Anyone can see this.
    Be prayerful for this lovely family that they can over come their problems and continue on with their wholesome show of the children, their 8 little angles. God Bless. From your friend & a fan of the show

May 27, 2009 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  2. JoAnne Long

I do feel very sorry for this couple. They started out so full of love for each other and I know it was sincere. The way they have become is not who they really are. It has been caused by the many pressures. I think Kate is NOT disrespecting Jon, she is steering this ship in the most efficient way she can. Walkie-Talkies might help this situation, so she doesn't have to yell, but I do not feel she was disrespecting the man she loved so dearly. So many are making Kate out to be a
    mean, greedy, self-centered person, but I do not believe she is. I blame Jon (much as I adore him) for cheating on his wife and Mother of his children. Kate yelled at him, yes, but she is not the one who broke their marriage vows to each other. Couldn't Jon have found a better way to deal with his needs by going to Kate and talking it over.

May 27, 2009 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Nad

I must agree with many on the fact that the show should have been put on hold in order to remedy the important issues in this family. Although I love watching them, I do have sense to realize that through all of this, the ones suffering are in fact the children (In the long run it will shhow more than now). Being a mother, I know I always do my best to ensure that my child misses out on nothing; therefore I understand Kate's decision on persuing with season 5, but she should have waited a tad bit longer – at least to know where her relationship with Jon is going. Although I am a single mom in a new relationship, I am a firm beleiver that we must give it all we've got for the sake of our children before calling quits.

I wish them all the best, no matter what decision is taken, and I truly hope everything works out in the end because the entire Gosselin family is truly a remarkable one. I love them and as much as it hurts to watch the show during these hard times, I am simply hoping for a spark to bring Jon & Kate back together again.

May 26, 2009 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Lisa Clement

There is no way this woman is going to take her mug off tv. Hell with the kids, and Jon. TLC should stop this show. People stop watching this and they will half to do what is right for these little kids. She is sick. Jon needs to move her out take care of his kids. He is the one that has always taken care of them anyway. As Kate said "Its all on tape." She just sets and tells everyone what to do.. GET THIS SHOW OFF THE AIR!!!

May 26, 2009 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  5. ellen christians

Dear Gosselins–

Well, I think you were brave to start the reality filming, I never could do that.

Sorry it's all coming to a head.

I was thinking about how Kate said that we probably all fight the way you do, and those who don't wouldn't like the show.

I was coming down on Kate–recently saw an episode where Jon grabbed a boy and put him in TimeOut for crying and not eating his cereal. Kate was saying, "Just leave him, if it bothers you..I"ll take care of it." I'm thinking she was right. We can't take sides on all this. Toys R Us, Jon wins–as in life, it can go on forever.

Just a thought, Kate, are you really thinking of "your family', etc? Why not think of just Jon for a week of two? Put him first.

May 22, 2009 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  6. CJ

Though I used to watch the show, I will not be watching when the new season premiers next week. Who else is with me?

May 20, 2009 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  7. lilly

.... and They kids are tho ones that are gonna suffer. When they split- IF- the lil ones are going to be ruined mentaly. CUT THE SHOW TLC! Gosh! Do u have any idea who you are affecting the little kids lives!?

Anyway... Kate's atitiude is the reason he is leaving her, so she shouldnt put herself as the victim in this mess. She treats him like crap! He should get some respect. And Kate serioulsly needs to stop yelling. After watching an hour of the show I had to turn of the TV and take a nap. ALL you can here is *NAG NAG NAG! DO THIS! NO THAT WRONG! BLAH BLAH BLAH!*
    I'm not kidding!

All i'm advisind is to stop making such a big eal about this and do whats BEST FOR THE CHILDREN! NOT TLC!

May 19, 2009 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  8. lilly

Seriously, Kate's a I think the stress of being fillmed every second of their frick'n "normal" lives is getting to them. If they split i wouldnt be surprized. But what ev.

May 19, 2009 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  9. chloe

Idiots....both of them. I agree with Pavlov in his comment above. Good grief.

May 19, 2009 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Barbara

Never watched the show but is this money really going to help all those kids in the long run??

May 19, 2009 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  11. bobbie

She treated him awful! She needs to read Dr.Laura's books.....She made him feel less of a man so its no wonder he went to someone who valued him and made him feel like a man....not like a child that is barked orders at all day!!!!

May 19, 2009 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  12. SLM

Only if it's good for ratings.

May 19, 2009 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  13. A Special Thank you

To all the congregations who have donated love offerings to help support our family through the years, thank you for your generosity. It put food on our table, enabled our children to attend private schools and to pay for their college funds. Most importantly, it helped Kate and I to grow a substantial nest egg for retirement.

Now that we rake in $75,000 per episode, $3,000 for speaking engagements, $150 for Meet and Greet Teas w Kate, $20 for autographs, a huge sum for writing books, magazine interviews, television interviews, not to mention all the free items we receive from sponsors, we are happy to report that Jon no longer has to clip coupons.

We must say Kate really enjoys flying first class and having body guards (they make her feel important) since she has become a celebrity. She even is thinking of opening a chain of tanning salons to capitalize on everyone’s desire to appear orange just like her.

Thank you so much for dropping those dollars into the collection plate during all those services. We struggled and lay awake at night wondering how we could afford to build our new “Green Energy” 8,000 sq home on 40 acres. We scrimped and saved and here we are now just 2 years later. Our only complaint is that it is really difficult dealing with a house staff and two free puppies!!

Again from the bottom of our hearts... thank you and God Bless you.

Our regards,

Just an Average Un-Realistic Family of Multiples

P.S. Please don’t interpret our appreciation as an invitation to trespass on our property or appear on any of our new episodes.

May 18, 2009 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  14. yaya

It hurts my feelings to hear that Jon and Kate might separate. I don't understand why reality show families always disappoint those that are married, or at least is trying to stay married?

However, if I was a woman and I had multiple children by one man, I will do whatever it takes to keep MY family together. STOP BEING SELF CENTERED KATE AND LOVE YOUR HUSBAND FIRST !!!... Keep your family together and don't give in to Hollywood and the pressure !!!. If Jon is the innocent party, he should fight to stay in the house....

May 18, 2009 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Roxanne

I agree with momofone, lives weren't really meant to be aired for extended periods of time on television with children involved, it's supposed to just be lived. The American culture has gone too far with reality shows. I prefer the game shows because it's focused on winning a prize and psychology whereas the ones in the homes do not accurately portray all the problems. With eight children I hope they work out their differences and save that money for the childrens education or trades in the future. I don't think they should have moved to the big home and started all this traveling. They probably should take notes from the Duggars. I think with so many marriages destroyed, we will see a new emergence of shows led by actors and less reality ones showing folks real lives. The point of television was to escape real lives, that's why we get so upset and stop watching when things go bad.

May 18, 2009 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Marie Morningstar

Contrast this avaricious couple with the dedicated parents of sextuplets from Iowa who have periodically been visited by Dianne Sawyer. The "kids", now in their mid-teens, have been nurtured by sensible parents who have had a mighty struggle to provide monetarily for their family but apparently have not faltered in their committment to sound values.

Jon and Kate have had little "grounding" in the importance of values....and now the parade of offensive excess is taking the road to
    oblivion.

May 18, 2009 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  17. aq

Dale: i agree. never looked at it that way but i find it hard to believe she nags him for no reason at all other than to be difficult.

May 18, 2009 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  18. fern

Pull The Show For the sake of the kids

May 18, 2009 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Hanuman

TLC is only interested in making money. In my opinion, the quality of their programming has been gearing towards "tabloid sensationalism" more and more with each passing year.

TLC used to stand for "The Learning Channel". The only thing that I've learned is to avoid this channel like the plague!

May 18, 2009 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  20. ax487

Some third rate reality show is getting the attention by airing dirty laundry? Come on!

May 18, 2009 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Julie

I have seen the countless news articles on TV and read People magazine, and am tired of Kate saying I this and I that – it's about the kids. What it has turned into has been about her what she does and what he doesn't do. When I have watched the show, she is the most pampered mother I have ever seen, from a donated tummy tuck, to an obvious breast augmentation, spa days, massages and countless other niceties that most mothers can only dream about while someone, namely that bad husband Jon watches the kids. And quite frankly it takes two to step out of a marriage, if he did, that certainly is sinful – but she has emotionally stepped out of this marriage a long while ago, and for her to say it has been over with for a long time – didn't you just get remarried to this man in August...obviously now we know that this was for ratings only. As far as how tyranical she is – he should have stood up for himself, what kind of an expample has this set for his own children? One of his oldest daughters is spitting image of Kate, she is always ordering the little ones around and slapping them around as well. And let's face it, if that's whay it looks like of TV then it 100 times worse when the cameras our off.

May 18, 2009 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Matt

I knew this was going to happen, I remeber the episode when Kate was pitching Whirlpool appliances; when you thank the washer, model number and color, TWICE, you knew they had sold out and failure was inevitable! I stopped watching as soon as I saw it, I liked the show when they were is the small houses struggling to make it. I feel sorry for the kids, espically Aiden, he's the best!

May 18, 2009 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  23. denise

I wonder if the Duggars are keeping a close eye on this situation before mayhem insues on their family. This is reality tv gone bad especially when the children (all 8 of them) will be the ones to suffer. Shame on this couple!

May 18, 2009 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  24. Mark

Yeah, I have seen they way this woman treats him, Kate really has issues. Jon and Kate plus a mate.

May 18, 2009 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  25. AS

Honestly what took so long? The way she treats him is despicable. I used to like the show until it came to light that they became all about the money and using their children as cash cows. This is what reality shows do to marriages; it is the children who suffer.

May 18, 2009 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  26. Helen Furlong

Dear Jon and Kate...I enjoy you and the antics of all your precious children...Nothing will change my mind...Keep up what you are showing us...It is not an easy task with all the cameras and people, I'm sure....But I love it....Keep your chin up and a deaf ear to the critics..They are the ones with a problem...love you all!!! hf

May 18, 2009 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  27. Marta

I think the media is treating Kate like she was the new "OCTOMON"!!! She deserves more respect that what people are giving her...

May 18, 2009 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  28. kaye

I think the expliotation of these children is awful. It's a shame that parents would put their children through this for money. Everyone needs to get a life and tend to your own problems and daily lives and stop spending your time watching a program like this. There is nothing to learn from these people. . Couldn't their free salaries and riches be better spent to feed and clothe people in the US that are less fortunate. These people chose to have all those children, let them bear their own burdens, not at the expense of others. I don't feel sorry for them, they put their lives on TV and also the lives of their children, if it causes them problems, so be it, get off TV and live like normal people. Take responsibility for your own craziness!!!

May 15, 2009 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Mom of two

Kate needs to Wake up! If the family is making big $$$ with putting the kids, the home and their family style on national television – then they'll pay to play; whether she likes it or not the family will continue to be treated as celebrities.
    Kate is confusing protection and safety for the kids with cha- ching $$$!
    Reality? Yeah right –
    Does her house look like a "one-income" household?
    How many of us, working mothers can afford a "personal trainer"?

I truly feel bad for the kids!
    Parents stop the damage now – pull out of the contract!

May 15, 2009 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  30. rita

Use to love this show..... Sad to see what fame as done...Kate seems to have gone Hollywood.... The last episode I watched was Kate in the new house, cleaning her refrigerator with cleavage showing.. Sorry!
    The show had appeal when they seemed to be REAL people dealing with extraordinary life circumstances .....
    As far as all the allegations of affairs- Could money really be the root of all evil???????????????

May 15, 2009 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Karen

I don't care if Kate is a b.itch from hell, if John cheated on her it is WRONG, period. If he wants to run around then act like a man and get a divorce. He made the choice to bring this upon his family. Is he really that stupid to think it wouldn't get out. Even our President's can't keep that stuff under wraps.

Everyone makes mistakes and if Kate and John really want to work it out, they can. It's going to be very hard because they have the entire world looking in on them but it is possible. I'm very sad that they didn't take better measures to not only protect their children but their marriage. Infidelity can happen to anyone for any reason and for no reason at all. It only defines a marriage if that's what one chooses.

I think it would be best all around for them to seriously consider getting off the show. My heart goes out to them and their children.

May 15, 2009 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Terrie

I am so sad all this is happening. I love the show. I think deep down Jon and Kate have to still love each other. They need to make things work. When they renewed their vows they told their children it meant they would always be together and would never divorce. They need to remember their promises and do the hard work it takes to make things work. If they go back to their basic values in life and not concentrate on the fame and money, I believe they can make it work. I sure hope so. All those sweet little kids need to have a family with both a mom and dad. Please try to make the marriage work!

May 15, 2009 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  33. JamesJ

Um, what about the fact that Jon has been seen at 2am in a car with a random girl?
    She may "suck" but his actions don't merit that.

May 15, 2009 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  34. rosalie marino

Please give this story a break. It appears that they are in the midst of their better or worse in the marriage. I don't really care if they separate or not. I do love the show and looking at the kids grow. They have both made mistakes in the series and life still went on.
    How about the news mentioning the poor people without shelter after tornadoes, people being laid off without income etc.
    Let the Gosselins go about their way .....they made a lot of money and should have enough to pay an attorney if necessary.
    I look forward to the new show on May 25th.
    Somehow I am imagining how difficult it will be to tell the children..now Elizabeth and John Edwards chose to stay together to work out their problem maybe Jon and Kate will do like wise for the sake of the children

May 15, 2009 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Exene

Why is anyone discussing this at all. Seems like a publicity stunt to me.

May 15, 2009 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Tara M

I believe Jon and Kate should stop filming anymore shows and take the time to work on their marriage and save their family. The stress of living in a fishbowl is destroying their marriage and family. Stop thinking about the fame and money and think more of keeping your marriage and family together. Think about your kids. They need both of you. You can be poor and happy as a family versus rich and an unhappy family. Being rich is nice but all the material things can't bring you happiness. I also believe both Jon and Kate need some marriage consuling and Kate definitely needs anger management classes. She is one angry person because you can tell the way she treats people. Think of your kids and stop filiming.

May 15, 2009 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Cheri Malone

Kate Mom of the Year.... especially last night when she was seen with her bodyguard walking hand and hand flirting like she had no care in the world. Nice Mom Kate. And you do it all for the children???? Yeah, tell me more of your lies.

You made your millions now get off our tvs!

May 15, 2009 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  38. rae m gonzalez

if genders were reversed, would you kate haters put jon down for optimizing his familie's assets in order to provide for them. would he be a bastard, money grubbing, fame chaser, celebrity wanna be? i agree kate is truly anal about some things, but so am i about things that drive my husband nutso. jon has always appeard to be lazy, no ambition and truly juvenile to me. did it ever occur to everyone that kate HAS to be the one in charge and the major bread winner because jon obviously cannot support his family? . it's obvious, kate has to take the reigns cause old jon just wants to play with the kids and wait for someone to tell his what to do. cheating or no cheating, jon is a big looser. however the biggest loosers are the kids, we all know that.

May 15, 2009 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Karin

I feel bad for all involved. Day to day family life is stressful without the added stress of a TV show and 8 kids, however, it takes 2 people to maintain/destroy a marriage. On the marriage note, both are to blame. Plus, we don't really know what goes on when the cameras stop rolling. What I see is 2 people who DO love their kids, however, misguided we may view them. What they do now is their business and completely up to them. What everyone else should do is mind their own business and let Jon and Kate deal with the situation at hand. All these polls: is it over, should the show end. Ultimately is their decision. I watch the show, not for controversy but to see a regular family cope with 8 kids. Regular families have marriage crisises all of the time. It is not a scandalous thing. Leave them alone, for the all of the kids sake.

May 15, 2009 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  40. sweetpooh

Well i hope Jon leaves her she is mean to him and treats him like a child and she is getting what is coming to her if you are married you have to have respect for one another and she treats him like one of the kids and now she has to live with what she has done, so i do not feel for her one bit and she just trapped him with all those kids that he no way wanted that many kids and women need to quit trying to make a man stay by having all these kids.

May 15, 2009 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  41. girlwithavoice

blah blah blah drama drama drama
    who cares?

May 15, 2009 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Philip

Actually, Kate did cheat with her body guard. No wonder why she would leave town to give motivational lectures on how to pack a sack lunch.
    She left Jon at home to be with the kids, Jon quit his job, and he spends quality time with the the kids. She is to anla about how the kids will look on TV and exploitng them for more money

May 15, 2009 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  43. carlo

I have seen these people on the news for days now, and I have no idea who they are. I'll ask my daughter later. She's 15, so maybe she'll know.

May 15, 2009 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  44. nancy

I'm not surprised at all the way Kate treats' Jon. She treats' him like another child. She doesn't think that he works all day and then comes home to her bossiness and complaints.

I feel bad for the children, however, they have been hearing the demeaning all along and hopefully this won't rub off on them as adults. The girls could become another Kate.

Treat each other with respect and love and you will receive it in return.

May 15, 2009 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Irene

Not only has Kate paraded her kids in front of the cameras; these kids don't even know who their grandparents are. Kate has dissed her family from the start and now her brother and sister in law. IT'S ALL ABOUT HER.

May 15, 2009 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  46. KMI

This is what makes our world so crappy! I don't watch the show and never will. Viewers, it's up TO YOU. Don't watch it and then the ratings will fall; soon enough it will be off the air. No wonder so many children in this country today have no "family" values or respect for family. Divorce is higher than ever!! Too many times children are exploited and left to pick up the broker pieces of life their parents left for them. Exploting your kids to the world is bad parenting! Shame on TLC for moving forward with Season 5. So sad that money means more than life!! Hasn't anyone learned from our State of Economy....Greed always loses!

May 15, 2009 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Susann Reid

Every solid marriage has problems along the way. That is how a husband and a wife make their marriage work and be solid. Jon and Kate have to be solid in their relationship and whatever problems they have they will work it out between themselves and God only, and not thru the media or the public eye. As long as the lines of communication are kept open, then their marriage will continue to be strong. We are not to judge, only the Lord. The media should find someone else to attack and leave this family alone. Just think what this might be doing to their children and the rest of their family. Leave them along and let them have their privacy. Unfortunately, when you go on live television, your life is no longer yours but that of the entire nation. I wish them the best in everything they do.

May 15, 2009 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  48. LauraP

Who cares. Private lives

May 15, 2009 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  49. LBW

I hope not. They have huge responsibilities right now to these children. That should be paramount to rather or not they are "happy" with one another. They can't make the money that they are making right now without one another. .

May 15, 2009 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  50. Jason

Kate, you deserve everything you get. If you treated your husband with any respect he wouldn't need to go driving off with another woman. The whole country hears the way you talk to him everyday. Good luck trying to find another man.

"Hi , I'm disrespectful crabby Kate, these are my 10 children."

Yeah, the men will be lining up for that situation.

May 15, 2009 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  51. Shirley

I feel sorry for Jon not her. She is too full of herself. Seems like all she cares about is her being a celebrity. She should be home caring for her children

May 15, 2009 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  52. BJW

Jon and Kate is a beautiful story about two lovely people and their 8 adorable children. Unfortunately the pressure of being on tv all the time has hurt their family . They may need to take a break and return later after they have taken time to be off the record for awhile. If they can survive 8 kids , they can survive anything else. Hold on to each other. Believe me after all you two have been thru separating is not the answer. It will only hurt your family and you will never be the same again, even as an indivual.. Once married unless one partner dies, some part of you will always be missing if you separate. You never feel whole again without each other. Please stay together. I think you need some time alone, without the world watching.

May 15, 2009 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  53. Nicole

I wish the news would just leave this family alone. You exploit every little detail of the "so called" problems that couples have and eventually it leads to them breaking up. This has happened so many different times with so many couples. Now there's Jon and Kate and their EIGHT children. When is enough, enough?? You can't go anywhere these days without reading an article about their supposed cheating. Whatever they do is their own business, and we as people should respect that. (Not saying cheating is right by any means) Granted, they do have a show that portrays their everyday life, but some things are meant to be private. I just wish for the sake of the children that the news would stop the nonsense with the repeat interviews on TV, the internet and magazines. Give these people some room to figure things out. If you don't, you'll end up with 8 kids who live in a broken, divorced home. Sometimes the pressure of the news just gets to people and you start believing everything that happens even though you know it's not true. Its brainwashing, and sad.

May 15, 2009 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  54. Alison M

Why aren't Jon and Kate taking time to heal? It seems that any commentary that Jon or Kate give on their rocky relationship is one-sided. They should be taking time to be with their kids and trying to love and respect one another instead of going on bar runs and book tours. Our marriage and family is falling apart, but don't worry, there will be a 5th season! I won't watch a 5th season of that depressing nonsense. They clearly can't stand one another.

May 15, 2009 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  55. Sarah

I have no intention of watching a program that depicts the further decline of a shattered marriage brought on by two greedy parents. I used to enjoy watching the early episodes but soon tired of seeing one too many of Kate's meltdowns. I lost respect for the "parents" and stopped enjoying the show when it became apparent this was all about exploiting the children for financial gain to support an unrealistic lifestyle in the name of "reality TV". Sorry TLC.... you lost many viewers on this one.

May 15, 2009 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  56. Teresa Keefe

My thoughts and prayers are with Jon, Kate, their kids and the rest of their family as they all deal with this very personal and private issue. It is not fair of us, their fans, to speculate on what will happen, nor is it right for us to judge what may have happened, or any decisions that they all make together. I think it is said best in the Bible, "He who is without sin cast the first stone." God bless you Jon and Kate and your 8 children.

May 15, 2009 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
  57. Suzette Chandler

It is all so sad. It reminds me of someof the documentaries I have seen about the Dionne quintuplets and the tragedies that befell them due in no small part to their fame. The children's well being is paramount in all of this. Perhaps, the children need an advocate unrelated to their fame or fortune. I really don't know, the whole situation is just very sad.

May 15, 2009 at 3:06 am | Report abuse |
  58. don't give up the fight!

Jon and Kate, I hope for the sake of your children that you both can work out whatever your problems are, because they really do need both of their parents. Are you guys praying about this situation? Is God involved in any of your decisions or are you acting on your on desires?

May 15, 2009 at 3:01 am | Report abuse |
  59. Amya

Right from the start you could tell Kate didn't respect John from the way she treats him. She drove him to cheat.

May 15, 2009 at 2:43 am | Report abuse |
  60. Lou-lou

How did you all miss the Radar Online interview with kate's Brother and his wife Jody who has been on the show? They stated that Kate had told Jon the marriage was over 6 months ago. The Today show today, may 1, 2009 also highlighted the interveiw! obviously, your shw missed all these interviews and focused and villifiec Jon not Kate. her own brother said kate was having an affair and Jon had talked t them about his suspicions! give jon a break and maybe you should interview Jody and her husband, Kate' own brother. The Show is a lie fr over 6Plus months! Get it off the air TLC!

May 15, 2009 at 2:41 am | Report abuse |
  61. CJ

"respecting their needs"? What a lie! If TLC truly respected this family's needs, they would say, or rather SHOULD say, you know what, when it comes down to it, your marriage and family should be more important than the money we make off of you.
    People are so angry at Kate, and I admit she does not treat her husband with respect, but what kind of monsters run TLC? I'm sure I am naive about humanity, but really? Money? Is that all it comes down to? That's so sad, 'cause when your life on earth is done and over, you can't take those "riches" with you.
    Jon and Kate AND TLC need to call it quits.

May 15, 2009 at 2:16 am | Report abuse |
  62. Ann

I find Kate to be unbearably controlling and neurotic, although I can understand that with 8 kids, 6 of them being the same age, she needs to feel in complete control. It is insane what a neat freak she is, and sad that markers, paints, grass stains, and silly messiness absolutely put her over the edge.
    I think Jon is very tolerant of her antics. She is constantly belittling him. The man can do no right in her eyes. It would be no surprise if he did stray.
    I used to watch the show regularly, but now only tune in once in a while since I find Kate more and more annoying, especially in the HUGE new house.

If they do split, it certainly would be interesting reality tv. Although, I really feel bad for the kids. it must be so hard to live under a microscope.

May 14, 2009 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  63. colette

i feel bad for the kids

May 14, 2009 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  64. colette

seems to me all kate thinks about is herself. Ihave watched the show and all she does is whine complain and talkes down to jon if he is running around with someone i dont blame him.

May 14, 2009 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  65. David

After seen the way she treats him, I am not surprised at all.

May 14, 2009 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  66. christy

I think that a couple can work through their problems in a marriage...if they want to work through them. Everyone will just have to see if they choose to work on their marriage or their lifestyle via the TLC series.
    I am not a fan of the show because I don't like the way the parents talk to or treat one another. I do not have two sets of multiples and a TV show and I won't pretend to know their daily life. I do know that I can be short with my husband and one child.
    However, as I have control over what I watch I prefer not to watch a show that makes me feel uncomfortable or truly sorry for someone else. I hope they figure out the best option for their family as long as they put the children first.

May 14, 2009 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Sally Marquette

If this is the case "real family dealing with real-life situations" then perhaps those EIGHT beautiful children are suffering beyond our comprenhension while their mother is out galvanting all over the country and giving these ridiculous interviews.

Since this show is what is driving this family apart, it should be the show that ends IMMEDIATELY. Shame on TLC for portraying this family and destroying it at ALL costs, including those of EIGHT beautiful faces.

And shame on Jon and Kate for not quitting for the almighty dollar.

May 14, 2009 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  68. MomOfOne

C'mon, this show isn't real life situations. This family is falling apart because they can't even be a normal family. Cameras shoved in everyone's face, adults walking around like this is some sort of tv party land. If Jon and Kate had to live normal lives, work a public job, stress out about money for food, clothes, education, medical etc...for the sake of their children, then they wouldn't be in the spotlight for every single "oops" that happens in their lives. They chose this free ride and unfortunately they have to suffer the consequences. This show is a glorified soap opera starring little children. What ever happened to the laws forbidding the over-use of children in tv shows, etc.? I feel sorry for the children, they will never have normal lives because of their parent's decision to expose them to the world.

May 14, 2009 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  69. stephanie

I think everyone should stay out of there personal life and mind there own business. If they are seperating so be it and let them deal with there problems on their own and take care of their little ones

May 14, 2009 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Pavlov

This is what happens when stupid people breed.

May 14, 2009 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Dale

I think Jon is very immature! This explains why Kate treats him like a child and talks down to him. You only see what TLC wants you to see. You have to remember they edit a lot. I'm sure things are edited so Kate looks bad. It's good for ratings....

May 14, 2009 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |