May 12th, 2009

Watch 'American Idol' with CNN.com

"American Idol" is down to the final three, and it's an all-boys club now.

Top three

Adam Lambert, Kris Allen and Danny Gokey are vying for the title of "American Idol." Tuesday night, they double their chances to prove who is best.

Each contestant will perform two songs, one judges' choice and one their choice. The audience will also get to see what happened during the trio's hometown visits.

So who will bring it, and who will be heading back home for good? Tune in tonight and watch with CNN.com’s Lisa Respers France, who will be blogging live during the show.

Post your comments below, or head over to iReport to share videos of your thoughts about the results show.

Your comment or video may appear on CNN!

- Lisa Respers France, CNN.com writer

Filed under: Uncategorized

Next entry »
  1. Marbeth

Oh.. and Adam screams his way through the show...... and sticks his tongue out in a strange way... he is not any better then Danny or Kris...they all deserve to be treated equally and not be dissed by the guest supposed entertainer like someone as sleazy as Katy Perry.... why would they have her on the show anyway.. .she is nasty...
    I am betting Kris will win... wow.. won't that shake up the judges... they are so sure that their cheap cheating tactics will get them the winner of their choice.. I say... shake it up.. and give them a real winner.. Kris... Kris... Kris....

May 14, 2009 at 1:18 am | Report abuse |
  2. Marbeth

American Idol Cheated when they allowed Katy Perry to endorse Adam Lambert on the back of her costume.. that was so unfair.. and that should not be allowed... I say that the judges have endorsed Adam from the start and push their pick all the way... regardless if it is unfair to the remaining contestants... sad that they would stoop soooooo lowwwww as to cheat to get what they want....

May 14, 2009 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  3. Idol_Fun

Well as you all know just because you win American Idol does not mean you are the best. Just look back at past winners and then the success they had. The runner up and the third place singers became more famous then the one who one the whole thing.

And now with the rumor Simon may not be back next year we will just have to wait and see.

May 14, 2009 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
  4. T.E. from OK

I agree with someone earlier who said all four of the top will be successful.

May 14, 2009 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  5. tryg

idol is done! it's all about dancing with the so called stars....

May 14, 2009 at 12:25 am | Report abuse |
  6. T.E. from OK

They are all very talented. I hated to see Danny go. I’ll put it this way, I could listen to either Kris or Danny all night but I could only listen to Adam's songs for possibly an hour and not longer than two.

May 14, 2009 at 12:25 am | Report abuse |
  7. destinay

It didnt really matter if Chris or Danny made it to the top two.. Its all about Adam.

May 13, 2009 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Dean

I hope to see Adam go home tonight. When I have to mute the sound because of his screeching that should tell you something. I hope that he does leave but not too hopeful.

May 13, 2009 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Lover of Music

American Idol will never be the same with such an amazing top 4! I expect each of them to have great sucess. The majority of $ made in this business is from the sale of recordings. I expect Kris and Adam to be the finalists and strongly recommend that you listen to a couple of recordings before you vote next week. Kris's recorded voice is even more amazing that live. He is a true musican and American Idol!

May 13, 2009 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Alesia in Missouri

Danny and Kris should be in the finale! Adam is going to get a contract regardless.

May 13, 2009 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Susan

I am sorry but Adam does not SING he SCREECHES!!! I love Areosmith and he messed up that song big time. He just needs to go, he is not going to be liked by a big enough lot of the pie. As far as I am concerned Danny or Kris can win and I will be happy. Go Danny, Go Kris, kick Adams butt!!!!

May 13, 2009 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jacquie

I feel my self that the two who should go to the finals are Danny and Kris, Adam is good and he is versatile, but the reality is Adam is a rocker and we have so many of them, The other two contestants would add variety and soul and depth to the music business. They are the real American idol contestants and either one of them is worthy of the title. Nothing bad to Adam he just isn't my favorite,

May 13, 2009 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  13. mb

I woulde like to see Danny get the title – everyone wants Adam to get it but what I do not understand is – Adam has been doing Musicals in Hollywood for some time – Why is he only getting notice now that he is on Americcn Idol. He is not new to performing and he is good but I still want DANNY to win.

May 13, 2009 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Ann Person

I would like to say that I have been a fan of Kris Allen and Danny Gokey from the beginning. Kris is my favorite and I am from Arkansas.
    I have a problem with the voting last night and I have talked to quite a few people and they all said they had problems with all numbers for Kris, not being a good number try again. I tried on my cell for over and hour and each time it would just not go thru. It wouldn't say the line was busy just go dead. I have voted from the beginning and had no problems. I am hoping not all of Arkansas had as much trouble as I did.

May 13, 2009 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  15. amber and tracey

If you are looking for real talent, vote for Danny. He's got the voice that will take a woman's breath away and the personality to appeal to all people.

May 13, 2009 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Sandy

ADAM! ADAM! ADAM!

May 13, 2009 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Texas

They are all amazing but I don't love that tongue sticking out thing that Adam does when he sings. Weird.

May 13, 2009 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  18. rjh

Kris is #1 and should win. Danny – stop straining to sing. It's sounds awlful. Adam – seems like a nice guy but the screaming and that tongue! YUCK. Stick to Broadway – you'll do GREAT. Kris is the clear winner this year. He continues to grow as an ARTIST week after week. Danny and Adam just stand there and perform and rely on their ignorant fan base to pull them through every week. Kris will have a brighter and better career than then others. The big question is: how can we get Anderson Cooper on the show? That would be as Randy would say, "Da Bomb!"

May 13, 2009 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Terry

Adam and Kris seem to sound the same in their performances–But Danny–more versatility..................I adore his performances and his voice–I am definitely looking forward to anything he records! If Adam wins tonight–which seems to be the Judges Choices also–I don't think I will ever view the show again....................because Adam–yuk–that scream in all his performances–can't be an American Idol–not in my eyes!

May 13, 2009 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Lynn

Danny Gokey is the AI 2009! DANNY, DANNY, DANNY, DANNY, DANNY, DANNY!!!!

May 13, 2009 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  21. Lynn

Adam should be in the finale. He is the best singer, hands down. for those that thinks he only sings rock, did you not see his performance with Track of my Tears, Mad World? Two of my favorite performances by the way. Kris should stay, Gokey should go home.

May 13, 2009 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  22. Soriah Siss

Somebody mentioned Elvis and Adam Lambert in the same sentence.

SACRILEGE.

May 13, 2009 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  23. julia

Adam has NEVER had a bad performance. He nails it every time. He is absolutely leagues above the rest.

May 13, 2009 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  24. Cheryl

I thought all three contestants were great last night. I think we really need to look at the overall performances throughout the competition and figure out who really stands out the most. To me, it is obviously Adam. He is so unique and so talented. I think that he has what it takes to be a superstar and whoever signs him on for a record deal will be very lucky. I have watched all of the Idol seasons but Adam is by far the most talented of the contestants and clearly deserves to win. Good luck Adam, I look forward to seeing and hearing more about you in the future.

May 13, 2009 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  25. Dean

Based on over all talent Adam has won. He can sing, perform, engage and he carries himself in a star quality professional manner.

Kris is talented but he does not act like a star. He apologizes all the time and looks scared of his own shadow.

Danny has a great voice but he has never evolved out of the “I am singing in the American Idol show” mentality. While the other two are clearly showing who they are as artist, poor Danny is still trying to find himself. I think he is too little too late.

May 13, 2009 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  26. Bonnie

Adam has to go home toninght! It has to be Kris and DAnny in the end. Adam had to much up on these guys and it wouldn't be fair for him to win and be the next AMerican Idol. Go Kris and Danny! Adam is to much of a screamer! Gotta go honey! 🙂

May 13, 2009 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  27. sc

I agree with Coaches Wife......Adam needs to stop screaming and screeching with his tongue hanging out!! My vote is for Kris and Danny to stay....Adam needs to go!

May 13, 2009 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  28. Bonnie

What is going on with music today. Adam stands there and screams out a song and the judges commend his performance. What is up with that! He has a great voice but the screaming is not singing. Music is something you can hear and understand. It has to be Kris and Danny in the finale. Adam was performing before he came to Idol. They all have worked hard and are great. They all will do great things. I hope it is Kris and Danny in the end. Down home true blue American Boys! Sing it Boys! Adam is good but he should not be the next American Idol. It has to be Kris and Danny in end! XO 🙂 Bonnie

May 13, 2009 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  29. Faun

It's Adam all the way for me and I bet for record producers too. He's the only contestant that will sell out concerts and his music. Danny and Kris are good singers but their marketability lacks. I think Kris should be the next one to go.

May 13, 2009 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  30. Lisa

I had no doubt Adam was going to win this competition from day 1 and that Danny would be number 2. Although, after Kris' Kanye West song last night, he deserves to be in the top 2. Adam and Kris all the way!

May 13, 2009 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  31. Paul

Let's face it...even if Adam is not the winner of American Idol, in the long run, he will be a megastar while Danny and Kris will be fighting to keep their record label contracts.

Adam is the first contestant EVER to have "IT" and, how he has not been a star to this point is astounding.

Daughtry? He'll be doing ribfests all over America long before Adam ever peaks!

I am a 55 yr. old man and thought I would never say this again but, thanks to Adam...ROCK ON, BROTHER!!!!

May 13, 2009 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  32. Yvonne

Adam wines too much when he sings! I think Kris has come from behind and is much better and Danny, what can I say, I've loved him since the beginning!

May 13, 2009 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  33. Sandee Watson

First off I would like to see the judges grow up....They are absolutely assinine....I used to enjoy their comments, but now I find myself fast forwarding thru their nonsense.....I think the contestants picked better songs for themselves then the judges did....Adam, who is my favorite, to me was disappointing last night.... After he sang Cryin he commented on what a beautiful song it was and if we rewound it and listened to the lyrics we would agree....Well, I did rewind it and listen to it again and felt the same....I couldn't understand a word he said.....I love all kinds of music, but if I can't understand what you are saying I'm not going to buy your records.....

Good luck to Adam, Kris and Danny...I think you all are great!!!

May 13, 2009 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  34. Coaches Wife

I am so sick of hearing Adam scream. The judges ask for originality but he sounds the same week after week. The same screaming and screeching. That is NOT how Steven Tyler does it!!!

I really HOPE Adam goes home, although I know he wont!

May 13, 2009 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  35. CalgaryGal37

Adam can sing, there's no doubt about that, but he's irritating to listen to, if that makes any sense. The high-pitched shrieking that seems to show up in almost every song he does gets old.

He's like Mariah Carey who has to show off how many octaves she can sing in EVERY song she does. We get it Mariah and Adam... you have a great vocal range. But that doesn't mean you have to show it EVERY time. Every song it just so over done and is hard to listen to after a while. I honestly could not imagine listening to an entire album of Adam singing. One song is bad enough.

Danny? He has a great voice. Very soulful and is someone I could listen to over a longer period of time. I personally think he should win, but I know he won't... The judges are wowed by Adam and it's already a done deal, you can tell.

Kris? He's good, but not as good as Danny, and again, doesn't stand a chance over the already favored Adam. I'm sure he'll have a future in the recording industry, though. The runner-ups always do.

Adam, less shrieking and more singing! Show us you can do a range that goes from soft and melodic to your normal shrieking, screaming and over the top performances. Any time he's on and I have the show PVR'ed I just have to fast forward through your performances. Too much... ugh!!

May 13, 2009 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  36. Cat

Kris Allen ALL THE WAY!! He has talent. He can sing. He can play any instrument.. He is ORIGINAL!!! You have to give props to someone for taking a chance and doing their own arrangement. Kris deserves to be in the finals.

I'm ver Gokey! I think Paula has given him to much praise and built him up. He really isn't that great.

Adam is ok but the screeching tends to get old. I do see talent in him but nothing amazing.

May 13, 2009 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  37. Monica

Adam should take the gold. He has incredible talent, control, and is just plain amazing to watch. It's my hope it will be Adam and Kris in the top two. They are such a contrast.

Go team Adam!

May 13, 2009 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  38. Amy

Adam is like a screeching 80's hair band lead singer. He really needs to go home.
    Kris- super original and would definitely buy his album.
    Danny- awesome voice, but very predictable.
    Final: Kris/Danny

May 13, 2009 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  39. JeffF

This year is by far the toughest competition this show has ever had. All 3 finalists are good enough to win. The judges are trying to sway the fans to vote for Adam because Simon sees a cash cow in him. Not that he isn't deserving but I think the judges should stay clear of telling us who to vote for. They are all unique. Adam is a strangely off the wall unique talent who has had some great performances but his over the top stuff may turn off a lot of older voters. I thought his version of One was not great. Kris is not the best singer but he has the best musical instincts and will probably become a solid singer/songwriter and someday probably a music producer. The kid is really talented. Danny probably is the most gifted singer of the three but probably has the least creativity. As a pure singer Danny gets my vote but contrary to what Simon says, this is not just a singing competition. I think it will be close but I see Danny and Adam in the finals. One last note: last season Simon declared Adam Archuleta the winner; WRONG!

May 13, 2009 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  40. Bob

Kris is the best artist. Adam is an 80's rock wannabe. I agree that he just has the rock scream and that's it. He doesn't have a personality, he just stands there like a slug. Either winner, Kris will be the most successful artist after the show. In 5 years you won't hear about Adam or Danny, but Kris will be on the charts.

May 13, 2009 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  41. Belinda Zardis

Vote for Adam. He deserves it.

May 13, 2009 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  42. DONNA

Wow, what a threesome. All three will have great futures for sure. I personally think Adam will be the winner, but I honestly with all three could win. There is some kind of terrific talent in that three for sure.

Great show this year.

May 13, 2009 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  43. Susan L

Let every judge has a fair share of comments. When comes to Simon, it's so difficult to hear him talk because the 3 other judges always made so much noise...c'mon give him a break!
    And don't forget to focus on the contestants and not the judges. Nobody even bothered to answer Kara's question. She asked whether Simon has ever interpreted songs in his whole life and she had to answer no herself. Don't forget Simon's the brainchild of Il Divo, Britain's Got Talent, etc. etc. You see nobody even listened to Kara.

May 13, 2009 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  44. Susan

I wish they would lay some ground rules down for the judges. The contestants stand up there and give it their all determining their fate and the Paula and Simon sit there and fight like kids. Don't you think the contestants are standing there thinking, I just stood up here and sung my heart out and now I have to stand here and watch the judges battle it out. It's not fair to the contestant or the those who are watching. I know allot of people that don't watch American Idol anymore just for that reason. Grow up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 13, 2009 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  45. Helene Leone

I thought one my of favorite seasons was with Clay Aiken but this season blows that one away, and a few others too.. My favorite is Adam and it was from day one. I grew up in the late 60's and Adam has the voice that I've always loved. He can do anything and do no wrong! He is original, personable, good looking, and intelligent.
    He has what you would call, The Total Package!!!!!! If Adam doesn't win I will probably cry but I know he will still make it big time, even if he doesn't. I already have his his songs downloaded on my ipod!!!! I would also love to see him in concert when the time comes.. Okay, Adam, you go guy, ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP!!!! Good luck Adam!

May 13, 2009 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  46. Brad

Last night, you would have to admit that Kris stole the show with his acoustic rendition of Heartless. You have to wonder what Kara is thinking sometimes since his rendition of Apologize was also pretty solid. Danny was annoying on his first sing and brought it home with You Are So Beautiful. Adam had been my favorite for the majority of the season; however, last night he proved to me that he's nothing more than a poser and I still have no clue what type of album he would do. He sure isn't a rocker. Is anyone really interested in a theatrical rocker type anymore? Those types belong to the 60's and 70's....definitely the 80's. Today's rockers are more serious and grungy. Adam is nothing more than a Constintine and should stick to Broadway. He'll be an American Idol bust. I'm looking forward to a Danny/Kris finale; however, we all know that Adam is a "shoe-in" for one of those spots. Best of luck to Kris!

May 13, 2009 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  47. Mercy

Love Danny. He's the best!!

May 13, 2009 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
  48. Thorne

Here's my run down.

Adam – love him. He nailed it again. (Hate haters, hate... I love it! Even if he goes home tonight, this season will still have been the season of Adam and there is NOTHING that can change that.)

Danny – Solid. Predictable. Saved his butt from his horrible attempt at doing Steven Tyler. He can sing. He's just boring. He picked Joe Cocker? Nah.. you don't say. What no Michael McDonald song handy?

Kris – Wow... I wish I would have had two phones cause he was just awesome. I'd definitely buy his album. Heartless? Come on! That rocked and was completely unpredictable. This kid is way talented and keeps me on my toes.

May 13, 2009 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
  49. Huge Adam Fan

Even though all 3 finalists are extremely talented, Adam has blown away the competition week after week. While it isn't necessarily as exciting to watch when one performer stands out from day one, Adam deserves to be the "American Idol." This season, we have seen awesome talent.. However, if Adam doesn't make it, I won't be watching Idol anymore. He has more than earned the title!!!

May 13, 2009 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
  50. garey

adam sucks....when did screaming become singing.....kris anddanny are loads better....but paula has the hots for adam and will pitch a fit if he doesnt win.....

May 13, 2009 at 8:07 am | Report abuse |
  51. valerie

Adam is totally "over styled"and his hair is too contrived looking.It looks like a wig at times........

Danny is my winner regardless.

May 13, 2009 at 8:07 am | Report abuse |
  52. Bobbi

Adam has to win. He is by far the best! I beleive he is the best of all the Idol seasons! VOTE PEOPLE! The other guys will be just fine!

May 13, 2009 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
  53. Irene

My vote is for Danny. I think Adam should not even be in it as he has had years of Broadway experience. This is not what Idol was suppose to be. I think all the Judges are Bios over him and I am surprised at Simon as he ususally critizes any contestant that screams and jumps around like Adam does. I hope he gets eliminated tonight.

May 13, 2009 at 7:43 am | Report abuse |
  54. Frances Kairns

It's quite obvious since the final 13 that Adam was picked to win...yes he's good, but as previously stated he has had experience...Kris is a clear winner for all the hassle he's had and yet he still comes out on top. Danny is good if he sticks to his type of music....doesn't say much for his versatility but he's good. Adam has beenpuched in our faces all the way, and I like him, but he gets to sing at the end nearly every week, so he's fresh on everyone's mind, and he gets all this theatrical smoke blowing, special lighting stuff, to make him look so good. Allison and Kris should have been the final 2. It's clear who will win, but I don't think it'll be a surprise to anyone who has watched Adam close the show every week with all the hoopla available to him... Sorry, Allison and Kris.....the best 2 in the field.

May 13, 2009 at 7:35 am | Report abuse |
  55. Ketch 22

It's the "Adam Lambert Idol Show".
    Kris and Danny as Final Two
    Simon picked what judges for each, and picked the songs for them
    He busted himself when arguing with Kara about arrangments. Simon
    worked on the songs with Adam, now that is some kind of impartial
    judge. They picked difficult songs for Danny and Kris but they got
    fooled because those guys are the real artists "songmisters" left
    standing. The songs they picked for themselves were the best.
    Kris's Heartless was trully super and Danny's You are so Beautiful
    set the houee to sobs.

May 13, 2009 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
  56. Martin

I think Adam's voice is annoying and wish he would leave, but seeing as how we proabaly have the same morons, who gave Taylor Hicks (who?) the win last year, voting I see him winning it all. In the end Danny and Kris will sell more that Adam. His style of singing just doesn't play well unless you're 12 or 13.

May 13, 2009 at 7:18 am | Report abuse |
  57. Ketch 22

It's definite! ! Adam is a Ringer and Simon has rigged it shamelessly.
    He just about said it last night that voters call in for Adam. Think about
    it, can you listen to an album of screeching and falsetto over and over
    again. Surprise Simon you might get one album from Adam and THAT
    Is ALL he'll sell. Adam shouldn't have been on the show from the get
    go since he wasn't a new find, he has over a couple of years of shows
    and TV behind him. All the lil' girls love his flash and dash and it's fun
    when your in a large audience to scream and scream.
    VOTE FOR KRIS AND DANNY. . .SEND ADAM HOME!!

May 13, 2009 at 7:03 am | Report abuse |
  58. mik

Hey, Danny, what's with the "Chinese Communist Party ", almost uni-color outfit you wore last night?
    You've got pretty capable mentors for your music, but the fashiopn police's got to jump on you soon!
    A lot of "stage appeal" gets generated with a bit of tasteful color on the performer.
    I'm totally missing that on you .....!!!!!

May 13, 2009 at 7:00 am | Report abuse |
  59. Jerry

Adam can do it all; can't be overcome.
    The final two should be Kris and Adam with Adam the winner.
    But wait, remember last year, David Cook won; but David Archullata should have.
    Cook still can't sing nothing his own. Only knows how to do someone else.
    Jerry

May 13, 2009 at 6:49 am | Report abuse |
  60. Katie

I am SOOOO sick of the judges bantering. It is distracting and disrespectful to the contestants. They are working hard and Simon and Paula cannot quit acting like Kindergarteners.

May 13, 2009 at 6:37 am | Report abuse |
  61. Amy

I thought they all were good...I didnt think Adam was great at all tonight...and I saw the "smirK'..truely, I felt he wanted to go..to make some of his own money like Daughtrey...I HATED the U2song...OMG..talk about ruining a great song! I thought the song choice for Danny was terrible...why not Dave Matthews??? or anyone...I thought Kris was great, too for the first time...honestly, I never saw the attraction for him...oh well, tonight's the night!!! Can't wait!!! Love CNN!!

May 13, 2009 at 6:06 am | Report abuse |
  62. DCL

thought the headline read "How is this a competition", which actually would be more appropriate. It has been the ADAM show for weeks

May 13, 2009 at 5:22 am | Report abuse |
  63. vee - los angeles

I agree Adam will probably win and he is very marketable. I foresee his new CD plastered next to the other ameerican idol finale picks...in Target. Where moms obligingly let there tweens buy up all the "rock" star music to their pink hearts content.

Meanwhile those of us who enjoy good music that doesn't make us want to chew bubble gum, we'll be picking up copies of Kris and Danny CDs at MUSIC STORES where they sell talented artist wares.

Great arrangements Kris & Danny. Thanks for not screeching through it . You two are so talented. I wish I could dump the Adam koool aid but hey at least you won't be signing in Target!

May 13, 2009 at 4:29 am | Report abuse |
  64. Dara Overman

Adam is AWFULl!!! I LOVE aerosmith but Adam was just awfull! He should have gone home a long time ago. He isn't even a rock star. He maybe should do broadway or vegas but that's it! The judges are to proud of him & for what I don't know. He is also to sure of himself & I don't know why. Looks? Maybe. He is to made.

Allison should still be in this competition she was great! Powerful voice! Talented for sure.

Danny was good but not his best. He has a voice though.

Kris was awsome tonight! I think he should win for sure! I thought he knocked it out of the ball park! GO KRIS!!!!

May 13, 2009 at 3:07 am | Report abuse |
  65. Heather

Adam did not impress me at all tonight but yet once again the judges did all but hand him the title... I am really hoping for a Danny and Kris final.

May 13, 2009 at 3:07 am | Report abuse |
  66. keena

After Tuesday night, it's definitely Adam vs Kris. Danny is great but not charismatic enough to win.

May 13, 2009 at 2:36 am | Report abuse |
  67. TAN LEE KIM

MY CHOICE FOR THE FINAL IS ADAM LAMBERT AND DANNY GOKEY . HOWEVER I THINK THEY ( ADAM, DANNY AND KRIS ) ARE THE BEST AND DESERVE TO BE IN THE FINALS. I WISH THERE WERE 3 NUMBER ONE SPOTS FOR ALL . I WOULD LOVE ADAM TO WIN THOUGH. GOOD LUCK AND WHAT A GREAT SHOW

May 13, 2009 at 2:26 am | Report abuse |
  68. Julie

I hope to see Danny in the finals. All three guys are very talented in their own way. I am pretty sure all three will get recording contracts. I love Danny;s voice, Kris's originality, and Adam is definately different. I would buy something that Danny or Kris recorded but I don't think I could buy one that Adam recorded, but hey different strokes for different folks and there are a lot of people that seem to like Adam. I like the others don't like the way the judges seem to be pushing Adam on everyone. Each of these guys can look back and say they made it this far and it is a big achievement. Good luck Danny, Kris, and Adam!!!

May 13, 2009 at 1:53 am | Report abuse |
  69. kkk

What I cannot understand is why the judges ask them to be themselves and to show them who they really are, but, they make comments like the ones on the rock week. I believe a final with Kris and Adam will be great and deserving. However, the three of them are talented. Adam has fantastic vocals, but I would'nt buy his albuns. On the other hand, I'm already excited for Kris production... Hope the judges are not pushing Danny to the finals to make Adam a easy winning...Last season didn't work. Just remind what Simon said to Cook and what a surprise...

May 13, 2009 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
  70. janice3

I have to say that my favorite all the way has been Adam Lambert. He is so good, that he is not only the best singer this year, but he may well
    be the best ever on American Idol. He is as good as any singer that
    is working today. He deserves to be a true superstar, with all that entails.
    He is original, he has all the voice talents, and he looks like a movie star.
    He may not win, but he is "THE AMERICAN IDOL" for this and every other year.
    I loved David Cook, and still do, but he is not up to Adam's level. Few
    people can or ever are going to be.
    I really do believe that people don't pull a stupid move, and let another
    Chris Daughtry happen. As for second choice. I pick Chris, for the reason that I think he is a more all around talent, maybe not his voice, but it is plenty good.

May 13, 2009 at 1:18 am | Report abuse |
  71. Javier

Adam already won this competition...the other two guys? BORING! BORING! AND BORING! i I cannot believe that Danny stil in the show...!

May 13, 2009 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  72. Vivie

I miss ALLISOOOOOOOONNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 13, 2009 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  73. Jax

I think Adam is a very talented guy but found his 2 performances annoying. I cringe every time he even looks like he's about to go into his Axel Rose screech & sticks out his tongue which has become his thing in every song. I'm taken back by how the judges are overly pushing for him and taking some well-deserved recognition away from the other contestants.

May 13, 2009 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  74. Mr. G

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that, from what I see, Adam Lambert probably has the widest fan base of any American Idol in history. I’ve seen comments by “Tweens” and I’ve seen comments by women in the mid 50’s and older and….this tells me something.

Not since Elvis, and mind you I’m not say Adam is he, but…..not since the “King” has anyone so electified the American viewing public. Look at the record voting the last few weeks.

If… you can sell tickets to the Gericatics Ward and High School Seniors, then….. you have a true American Idol.

American Idol, thank you for a great year.

May 12, 2009 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Jodi

Maybe they should just form a boy band and skip the rest of the competition!

May 12, 2009 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  76. elli

adm is great he should win so please vote for him

May 12, 2009 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Josh

Funny people call it screaming... They obviously don't know rock music very well. Adam is amazing. He will go far. He IS a performer, and that's what's going to get him somewhere. I think he's going to win.

May 12, 2009 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Dee

I wasn't quite so much the fan of Adam tonight with his Aeorsmith screaming version. All of his songs begin and end great but the middle is always the same screaming noise. Yeah, he'll probably win with his good looks and great charisma but I'm just not the biggest fam of his. I really do wish it would come down to Kris and
    Danny. We all know that Adam is going to get picked up by some label regardless of whether he wins or not. Unfortunately, "dark horse" Kirs is probably going to go home tomorrow which is unfortunate. He definitely does have talent. Danny, I would love to see him win the whole contest but again, I think someone is going to pick him up too so his career is going to get a jump start anyway. The one that I would really like to see get voted off is Kara – holy cow. Does this woman always use such drama and enunciation under other circumstances? She drives me nuts!

May 12, 2009 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Eleanor

Allison has more potential for making a mark in the music industry. Too bad the show selected Adam to win.

May 12, 2009 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Carmen

Adam is way too cocky and very into himself. Danny is nice and has a great voice but at the end of the day Kris is the one that is going to sell the most cd's. Let's face it... as good as Adam is people are not into Rock these days. Kris has that modern day John Mayer/Jason Mraz thing going. That sells!

May 12, 2009 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Cowbelle

This is tough, fans. I like all three and for completely different reasons. Kris has a sultry smoothness that appeals to the romantic in me. Danny is soulful and passionate and moves the R&B side of my brain. Adam! Well, he has a rare gift–sublimely talented without excessive artifice–pure interpretations that seem to surpass the artistry of the original performers.

If Adam doesn't make it into the finals, then I believe it will be because more people voted for the person that they most wanted to see compete against him.

And as for those rediculous judges. Paula and Simon both need to chillax. I'm over their childish antics and consider their rediculous behavior to be utterly rude to the performer. If I were any of the audience members sitting behind the judge's stand, I'd be especially annoyed at Paula who needs to be strapped into her seat.

May 12, 2009 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Soriah Siss

Kris = understated elegant artistry. Adam = loud empty pomp. Danny = Meh.

May 12, 2009 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Glo

I'm actually going to the IDOL tour this year, because of ADAM!!!!! 🙂

May 12, 2009 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Chad

Adam suck and had been coddled!!!! He has not been criticized nearly enough. He has been very "kereoke" with many songs and I can't stand the fact that no one has called him out. I bet Bono regretted allowing him to do One. That was awful!!!! I know I regretted it. He has talent but will be one more idol (small i) flop. He would be best in band and being voted off. Danny has the best vocals/talent. Kris might really be the most marketable. It is a hard choice.

May 12, 2009 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
  85. jf

The judges are horrible when it comes to Adam. No matter what he does they praise him. The first song was good, but Cryin was painful to listen to and the judges go nuts. Adam is talented, but screams way too much. Play back his past 9 songs and it is the same thing, scream after scream – talk about being boring. The judges should be impartial, and not try to hand someone the title. Kris and Danny definitely did much better than Adam on the second song. Go Danny and Kris!

May 12, 2009 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Marites Paredes

I don't trust Americans to choose the right idol so I am flying to the US just so I can vote and convince my family and friends to vote only for ADAM. No more Taylor Hicks tragedy America!

May 12, 2009 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  87. sherry

Wednesday will be quite a surprise. i thought that Kris did a wonderful job, and i believe that Adam will win, the young man is incredible. Danny was also good but not as good as Kris , so we will all be anxious to get home from work start are DVR and see who America votes for.

May 12, 2009 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  88. b t.

Predicted Adam and Danny since day 1. Love Chris, but see no power in him. I think these three are all good, they have to be look where they are! And still loving all the judges! Been watching since first show ever. (My husband could kill me) But he has his show NCIS and I have mine! Anxious for next week and next year!

May 12, 2009 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Soriah Siss

If the show's called Screech Idol, then Adam, hands down, should win.

May 12, 2009 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  90. joyce

Kris is the most orginal...He can play piano, guitar, sing, change the music...the talent is all there.
    Adam is rock only.. Danny, well he can sing;
    but Kris is the full picture.
    If the show is truly about the new American Idol and to discover new talent....Kris Allen should be in the finals

May 12, 2009 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  91. a.d

The judges were so biased for ADAM...this is not fair...Simon even helped him with the arrangement for the first song...is this FAIR!!!!!....I think Kris and Danny were terrific but I think the results are apparently known even before their performance....It seems that American Idol is not that fair after all!!!!

May 12, 2009 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Lisa VanHecke

ADAM AND KRIS in the finals

May 12, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Bonnie

Danny & Kris all the way! 🙂

May 12, 2009 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  94. shines

GO GOKEY!!!! I really hope to see Gokey and Kris in finals.....Go Danny!!!!

May 12, 2009 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Dee L

Haven't even seen it here on the West Coast yet, but SAN DIEGO LOVES ADAM!!!!!!

May 12, 2009 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  96. SECinFlorida

Tonight, I noticed that Danny took off his wedding ring. Made his last performce just a bit more bittersweet...

May 12, 2009 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Rob

Danny did okay on both songs, the last one was not all that. Kris, First number i was not impressed with but the second one well, that top all he has done from the start. It Rocked, and i am not a Kris fan.
    Adam what can i say, you own this show, you rocked , you did what you always do. You bring the house down.
    My pic will be Adam And Kris to take the last 2 standing, leaving Adam to take the win. No matter who takes the the finally two Adam will come out the winner

May 12, 2009 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  98. New York

New York Loves Adam Lambert 🙂 xoxoxo

Chris also deserves kudos tonight for his heartless performance!

May 12, 2009 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  99. American Idol Non-Voter

I never vote on American Idol but ever since Adam was in the bottom 3 I have started voting for him. Well, this week I think Kris should go. I don't think Allison should of gone last week.

May 12, 2009 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Scientist

This year, I watched Idol always with the anticipation of what Adam is going to do next. Sooo entertaining! And this is what this business is about! So please vote for him!!!

As for Kris – he's more the pop type singer. And although he does not have the same quality of voice as Danny, Kris is so much more versatile and entertaining to watch!

Which leaves Danny. Pick any sappy love song, and that is exactly what Danny will be singing. Great voice, but boring! He is majorly lacking the charisma that entertainers need to - well - entertain.

May 12, 2009 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Janers

This year, more than ever before, I am really quite ticked off at the judges. They've practically handed the title to Adam....Paula calling him an American Idol, and Simon campaigning for America to vote for him. What is up with that? If I were Danny and Kris, I would be just a tad offended to hear how brilliant, stunning, and wonderful they are, but just remember they will never be a talent like Adam. Adam doesn't sing, he screams and screeches with a guitar in the background. I will be the first one cheering when he goes home tomorrow.

May 12, 2009 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Rene

Adam's voice is like a screaching cat!!! it's not a singing contest any more... I miss singers like Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood.... and then Adam's wardrobe is like so 1980 Streets of Fire... give it up and don't forget to leave the clothes in the closet when you decide to come out!!!!

May 12, 2009 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Kim

havent seen yet, taping..I love all three and am an Adam fan. I was surprised to hear his Digital Glitters CD this weekend, got for Mothers Day–he sang a beautiful love song, no screeching, no screaming, (though I love his screeching and screaming) just beautiful pure singing voice...wish he would do that more on the show...and his songs from the Ten Commandments were unbelievablel!! I would love to hear him singing Danny Boy or something from Les Mis or Phantom...if you heard the ballads on the cd, you would understand–GO ADAM

May 12, 2009 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Freelance

Adam is annoying. He has a talented voice, but more often than not he reminds me of the people who sing national anthems and make it about their voice and not the song. He's good enough to be famous, but so are allot of singers...I don't think he should win the competition. The girl who got kicked off last should have won.

May 12, 2009 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Bev

Adam is fabulously talented and should win, but don't take things for granted. I always seem to lose my favorites in the semi final, so if we want Adam to win..then we need to vote. He needs the most votes or he won't win.....so vote Adam to win.

May 12, 2009 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  106. joan

Adam can sing a nursery rhyme and make it sound great....he is by far the best I have ever heard on American Idol....great vocals, great range, great all around performer.....he has held his own since day one....he deserves to win.....

May 12, 2009 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  107. cassini

everybody knows that adam is gonna win

May 12, 2009 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Chuck

Go Home For Good Danny

May 12, 2009 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  109. azita

i love adam! he's the next american idol. he has an amazing voice.

May 12, 2009 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Jonalisa

We don't get the show here in Ireland BUT am following on the Idol website! What fun! I figure Adam is the winner but it's still great entertainment and a great season for Idol. Simon is a genius.

May 12, 2009 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Allan rim

All three are quite good and will do well in the future. I especially like the diversity of adam and he should win.

May 12, 2009 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Dot Green

I just watched all of Adam's videos on American Idol.com. He is unreal.
    He is so far above the other two with respect to talent , stage presence and looks. It is no contest – he will be the next American Idol.

May 12, 2009 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Natalie

We will see Adam and Danny in the finals. Kris is good but Danny and Adam are better. And even though I am a BIG Danny fan (except for last week), I think Adam is going to win.

May 12, 2009 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Angela

Adam is the best contestant the show has EVER had!

May 12, 2009 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Soriah Siss

Adam needs to go home.

May 12, 2009 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Scout

Adam has the most talent, but can he beat the religious right and the tween's boy toy? Come on grannies I'll give my continuous support for two hours tonight, you all do the same.

May 12, 2009 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Allie B

I'm hoping for an Adam-Kris final – it will be more interesting musically as they have such contrasting styles. I think Kris is more deserving than Danny. Danny has shown zero originality throughout the season. Kris and Adam have consistently attempted to make songs their own – and they are both creative and ambitious artists. For the most part, Gokey takes the safe route and sticks with the classic arrangements of the songs he chooses. He never accepts any of the suggestions given to him by the mentors. In short, Gokey is a bore. If he didn't have the dead wife backstory he wouldn't be in the competition at this point.
    He has a decent singing voice but he's not particularly talented (the voice is a gift – knowing what to do with it is the talent) and moreover he hasn't shown much growth over the season. If we rewatched the performances of Adam, Kris, and Danny one week at a time, this criticism of Gokey would be readily understood. Nevertheless, I'm bracing myself for the judges to fawn over Adam (deservedly – he is truly amazing) and Gokey (gag) and unjustly throw Kris under the bus like they did this week – all to ensure the pre-ordained "Adam-Danny" finale. Kris fans prepare to vote your a$$es off – we need to put the Go in Gokey and throw a wrench into the judges and producers best laid plans.

May 12, 2009 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Joe Bass

Adam for the win!

May 12, 2009 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  119. idolcritic

Adam will bring it tonight! All three are talented but it'll be a challenge for Danny and Kris to ace two songs in one night – neither has been consistent. My gut tells me it's Kris who will be going home, but I thought that last week. Adam is the real star of the show and deserves to win. If he doesn't, America needs to do some serious soul-searching.

May 12, 2009 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Angie

I think if Adam doesnt win the show is rigged.

May 12, 2009 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Steven in Charleston

If we are going on talent and marketability, Adam and Kris should be the final two. Sadly, talent doesn't always win out, and Danny has managed to win over a lot of people with his "back story" which we have all been beaten to death with. So I'm afraid that unless Danny stumbles even worse than he normally does and Kris blows everyone alway, than we'll be looking at an Adam/Danny finale.

May 12, 2009 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  122. CV

After loosing Allison. I Dont even Care. Danny should win but I wont be watchin tonight or for the rest of the season. I will just wait for Allisons cd as well as Dannys and buy them and go see them when each one tours. Thats how I will support My and I say My American Idols. American got it Wrong.:)

May 12, 2009 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Chandra

Danny's vocals lacks range and Kris can only sing ballads. The only competition for Adam was Allison. Adam will win easily. Danny may have votes bcoz his fans are a bunch of idiots. He should not even be in the top 7

May 12, 2009 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  124. ABIGAIL

I want to like Kris but find myself refreshing my drink during his songs so I'm all nestled in cozily in time for ADAM! We hold to a strict "no talking" policy during Adam's performances. It's not necessary, we are always captivated...

May 12, 2009 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Nona

Adam should win the whole thing. He is the most marketable. The other two guys left are boring.

May 12, 2009 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Marissa

If it's anything other than a Kris, Adam final than it wont be worth watching. I wonder if the judges will be fair to Kris tonight.

May 12, 2009 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  127. MD

I just hope they all pick the best songs for each of them.

I would hope that the idol judges will want them to show their BEST performances, so I would hope they'd give them songs that each of them can do the best with.

And I hope that each of the guys will know exactly what THEY think they're best at, and choose accordingly as well.

I want to say Kris is going home..but I thought he was leaving last week when they sent Allison home, so what do I know?

I don't know about Danny's "fan base", but I know he's MY favorite, so I don't WANT him sent home.
    But, that doesn't mean the rest of the voters will agree with me.

Adam. Well now THAT would be the shock of all shocks if he were to..heck I can't even say the words.
    I like Adam fine..but I DON'T like the way everyone is talking like he's already won the competition. It seems like from darn near the first time people heard/saw him they started talking like he was the next Idol. Now he very well may be–BUT I do think the viewers need to let the competition run it's course to the end before we crown the guy.

May 12, 2009 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  128. JRoss

I can't wait to see what song the judges pick for Adam and how he tperforms it!

May 12, 2009 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Surrenda

Gokey!!! Gokey!!! Gokey!!!

May 12, 2009 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Kenneth Johnson

Does it really matter!!!!! Adam is the hands down favorite!!!!! Whether you agree or disagree with his lifestyle, the guy has some "mad pipes". I love the fact that Danny has not played the wife card, which he has every right to do. In fact, I think a lot of people have forgotten that his wife passed away 4 months before his audition, and he is still made it this far. Kris is also a likeable gy, but I think Danny is aead of him as far as talent is concerned. Here are the results: Kris, this week, Danny, next week, and Adam, your winner!!!!!!

May 12, 2009 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  131. ali

I hope to see an Adam and Kris finale, with either one of them winning. I like Danny, but Kris is my type of music and I'm already excited for a CD from him. I think he'll do well in the mainstream, too. And Adam of course, has exceptional talent.

We shall see! Go Kris!

May 12, 2009 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Nan

Adam deserves to go home... He's just does the same old thing every week. Tiresome.... Not as great as the judges thinks he is.

May 12, 2009 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Type One

Yes, Adam, Adam, Adam, Adam Lambert! AI 2009.
    Kris and Danny are great, talent abounds. But talent is oozing out of Adam and he's really out of their league. I think he's over the top and destined to fame. Love his performances and can't wait to see what he does tonight. Go Adam!

May 12, 2009 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Cal

If you like screeching and sticking out your tongue all the time, then
    vote for Lambert. If you like singing; then vote for Gokey or Allen.
    Randy Jackson said this is a "singing contest"; he DIDN'T say it is a
    "screeching contest"! In all reality; this show is probably rigged anyhow. Lambert should not have been allowed to even be on the
    show, as he has been in previous shows and productions! I thought
    the show was to find NEW and unheard talent.

May 12, 2009 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Denise

This is Adam's show all the way. What a talented, entertaining guy! He has stepped it up every week, takes risks with every performance. He has a great voice, hits high and low notes. Kris has a nice voice, but is like watching paint dry...Danny Gokey has a great voice, but has not changed his style or stepped it up at all!

I never vote on this show, I've been voting, multiple times for Adam all season!

May 12, 2009 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  136. dee

Adam! Adam! Adam! Adam!

May 12, 2009 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  137. The Hoosier

Prediction: Kris is going home on Wednesday. Sorry folks (I like all of them, but Adam and Danny have too large of fan bases to be sent home).

May 12, 2009 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Annie

Well, I believe it should go this way: Adam stays definitely and the other two, well, truthfully, either one to go is fine with me, but leaning towards Danny to go 🙂

May 12, 2009 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |