May 5th, 2009

Top 4: Our final duet of the night

Allison and Adam are the perfect pairing on Foghat's "Slow Ride."

With their little black outfits and similar haircuts, they are so cute!

Plus, they sounded way more comfortable than Danny and Kris, and you can tell they had a blast performing.

Lots of hopping around and plenty of energy, the way rock music is supposed to be. Allison's fans are out in full force and for the first time all season, I can sort of see a Adam/Allison showdown in the finals.

Nicely done.

Filed under: television

1. Donna

I also think that the duet pairings were done "deliberately" to highlight Adam/Allison and (almost) hurt Danny/Kriss. They put the two strong rockers together rather than splitting them up so each one could help the non-rockers in the competition. I thought Adam/Allison were wonderful together, but it felt WAY too set up to improve both their chances to me.

May 6, 2009 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Caligirl

Such sweet people those too. Loved their smiles. This was far better then some of the "stars" that have been on this season. Can't you see them bringing them back together next season?. Adam, Alison, Chris, Danny for talent. Adam, Danny, Alison, Chris for results.

May 6, 2009 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  3. SNJ

That was a perfect duet! those two sound fantastic together and both were so in their elements. I really hope for an Adam and Allison finale. it's also very sweet that they obviously get along really well and respect each other. Love them.

May 6, 2009 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  4. Susan

It was fabulous and they really clicked. They inspired each other and there was no comparison to the other duet.

Danny & Kris, nice try but the torch is passing for you. You both I'm sure will have careers but there is no question the most talented contestant on that stage is Adam and he deserves to win. He is a superstar.

Let's pray America doesn't get complacent and thinks he is safe and doesn't vote for him. I voted for 2 solid hours for Adam and will until he wins!

May 6, 2009 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  5. Mike

If there is any justice, Adam and Allison should be the two finalists. Although, I found if I closed my eyes during their duet, it sounded like two females singing. Adam does sound a bit like a girl, but he still rocks.

May 6, 2009 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  6. that was good

that duet was very good. the other duet was not!

May 6, 2009 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  7. Amy

The duet was the only thing that saved Allison; pairing her with Adam was smart.

May 6, 2009 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  8. Wendy

AWESOME!!! AWESOME performance. Adam & Allison were so much fun to watch! Very cool! Just a really neat performance! They rocked!!!

May 6, 2009 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  9. Galoux

P.S. I meant to say in that last post what I've been meaning to say for weeks–Adam may be getting the most attention from the judges, but he himself is a very generous performer. And I mean that from the thanks he always extends to others to the way he interacts onstage during performance, encouraging and letting others shine. This is the kind of performer others like to work with (I was one, myself, so I know).

May 6, 2009 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  10. Galoux

Enjoyed it very much. I agree that the judges' remark about Allison was uncalled-for (as was the one to Kris in the duet with Danny). I, for one, have wanted to see an Adam/Allison pairing for the final two for at least the last month. I'd like to see Adam take it all, but I wouldn't be totally bummed if Allison did.

Anyway, it was a great pairing, and I love the way they just flew into each other's arms afterward, all wound up. They're hot together as performers, but then when the performance is over, they're like a couple of sweet kids–like Adam said, a big bro and little sis. And I think that really IS who they are. I love the dangerous aspect of their performances, knowing that it IS performance I'm seeing and hearing. Convincingly done, but underneath it all are a couple of nice young people having fun.

May 6, 2009 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  11. Pat

Best Rock Idol performance Eva ! The bar has been raised.

May 6, 2009 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  12. Kaus

Before this duet, the ranking would've been:
    1. adam
    2. danny
    3. allison
    4. kris
    But after the duet, allison overtook danny for the number 2 spot. Good pairing.

May 6, 2009 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  13. honowoowoo

Great show!!

Adam & Allison were the best performances of the night! Why all the apologies to Kris and Gokey that rock was not their genre?? What about Adam during country week? At least he sang and performed a country song "his way". That last note of Gokey's song? Were the other 3 judges deaf ... only Simon called him on it ... and then in his next breath telling him that he thought he would still be safe? Kris should be safe and send Gokey home already.

The Adam & Allison duet was superb! Their chemistry showed through.

The Kris & Gokey duet was so uncomfortable. Kris was not a happy camper ... you would guess that it wasn't his song choice. But for Simon to say that Gokey was the better performer ... please.

Wednesday night, please Adam, Allison and Kris ... Gokey go home!

May 6, 2009 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
  14. Penny

By the way, I agree that the judges could have been nicer to Allison. It was demeaning for he as an artist when Simon told Adam he may have saved her. Allison is a star in her own right. I loved Adam and Allison together. Adam did bring out the best in Allison. But, like I said she deserves her props too.

May 6, 2009 at 7:22 am | Report abuse |
  15. Penny

INCREDIBLE PERFORMANCE! Adam just blew the roof off with his performance. Allison and Adam really complimented each other. Danny Gokey was AWFUL and should go home after his screeching notes on the end of his song. Kris maintained and harmonized well on the duet with Danny. But, Kris has smoother vocals and Danny drowned Kris out at times during the individual portion of the duet. YEP, in my opinion Danny should pack his bags, but it will probably be Kris because Danny seems to have a larger following.

May 6, 2009 at 7:19 am | Report abuse |
  16. Karen

Actually, they both sounded pretty good on the duet. Simon's right............I think Adam saved Allison with that song. Please send Danny home!!!

May 6, 2009 at 6:17 am | Report abuse |
  17. meredithNYC

first i have to disagree wholeheartedly with the above posting by maggie. if anything, i believe the judges have tried repeatedly to level the playing field since adam was the clear (and as it turns out, unfortunate) front runner. i think they have often damned him with faint praise - emphasizing his entrance (simon) or introjecting that whole theatrical/broadway thing which each person seems to interpret in his own way. agree that people like the underdog and the judges should have done a better job of protecting adam from the backlash that was so obvious in the voting last week. so this week, of course he was amazing and they actually said so. as for allison, i love her but if truth be told i think doing the duet with adam put her too close to him - making comparisons inevitable - and the contrast was stark, to her detriment unfortunately. he's just such a huge presence/talent it's impossible not to notice it.

May 6, 2009 at 4:10 am | Report abuse |
  18. mark

adam is going to be very rich, screaming in his career, the rest are going to fall into the middle of the pack in the music industry

May 6, 2009 at 3:05 am | Report abuse |
  19. Redemption!!!!

I LOVED ADAM and ALLISON tonight. In my eyes, Adam redeemed himself from (for me) last week's surprisingly, schmaltzy and less than inspiring performance. BTW. The iTunes Studio Version of Feeling Good kicks BUTT!! Get it NOW. While it seemed completely unfair how the duo's were paired I am so HAPPY that it turned out the way it did because Adam and Allison were AWESOME together. I have to wonder how the pairs were decided? If it was the producer's decision than it was probably completely contrived to save Adam from another bottom 2 and possibly Allison. If names were drawn from a hat than it was dumb luck for A & A and BAD luck for K & D. Aside from Kris' decent performance of Come Together, neither of them appeared to be at all at ease, bordering on out and out P.O.'d. By the time Danny did his thing it was just painful to watch AND as it turns out listen to. What the hell was that at the end? DESPERATION. That's what it was. For the love of God. It was just unnecessary. He looked so tense and miserable at the onset of his song I had to head for the computer to check the blogs rather than watch it. I smiled and cheered through Adam's entire song, both of them and I am rooting for an Adam and Allison finale'. For those who are concerned about Allison's repeat trip to the bottom three, remember, Kathryn McPhee was there quite often and ended up in the finale'. Undeservedly so, IMO. So there is hope for Allison. LOVED her hair. I can just imagine Adam mentoring her along like a little sister. Too sweet. One question. Does Allison's Mom live at the mansion too? I'm going to be on pins an needles from here on.

May 6, 2009 at 1:25 am | Report abuse |
  20. Ann

This duet was awesome....they complemented each other so well and I loved the whole big brother/little sister thing going.

Fantastic job, guys!

May 6, 2009 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  21. CV

Someone In a post above me said that "husky voices get old". Ahhh then you should tell That to Malissa Etherige. How many platanium Cds dose she have ???? . Thats who the mentor should have been, not Slash. He dose not sing and this is a Singing Compatation right? A. I. is so Funny sometimes. Allison kicked but and Adam was Adam He is a one trick pony its all about range and hes got that but I think he over dose it. Anyway Again the Judges Never say anything constrctive about Adam, they all kiss his ass. He great but I would Not buy his cd. I would Buy Allisons and Dannys and Kris's thou. Peace out CV

May 6, 2009 at 1:01 am | Report abuse |
  22. michael

you guys out there that are anti adam, get a clue. america is soooo prude that they could not see a great talent like adam. we are soppose to be a progressive contry but we behave like the back woods hicks we were 100 years ago. get on the adam bandwagon and vote for real talent.

May 6, 2009 at 1:00 am | Report abuse |
  23. Joan

Adam and Allison were FABULOUS!

Kris and Danny, not so much!

May 6, 2009 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  24. Iain

Kris is overrated. Danny had a bad night but doesn't deserve to go, he has been consistent throughout the season. Alison is finally getting over her nerves and it shows in her performance, she might just be peeking at the right time. Adam was fantastic as usual (I am not a fan but he is a great entertainer)

after tonight

1. Adam.
    2. Alison
    3. Danny
    4. Kris

May 6, 2009 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
  25. Sally

Everyone talks about Danny Screaming tonight,what about Adam screaming every week.I think Danny did a great job compared to the others

May 6, 2009 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  26. Darcie

Fantastic. This is what a duet is supposed to be ... two performers, performing for the audience but also digging eachother. Perfectly in tune, no pitchiness, and I could even understand Allison this time. They made it look like fun and in turn we all had fun watching too. I'm still humming the song.

May 5, 2009 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Tracy G

Yeah, how long does it take for them to get these performances downloaded onto I-tunes??? I can't wait to listen to Adam and Allison sing again! Unbelievable – I was up dancing in the living room!

May 5, 2009 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Judette

That was AWESOME! I felt like I was at a concert.

May 5, 2009 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Texas Idol Fan

Uh, Maria...slight problem with Adam and Allison being together. Adam doesn't like girls....

May 5, 2009 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  30. maggie t

no adam allison i`m actually not talking about my personal feelings about adam. i always feel bad when someone is put down to the point that they start to be insecure. i was bought up to have good manners and i cant sit still and not defend the under dog. thats the way i am. its very bad manners for the judges to treat adam that way and put him on a pedestal. i think thats the main reason why most people are turning against adam. its just human decency to defend the meek and mild. may the best man/girl win. i hope its fair. x x x

May 5, 2009 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Rob

WOW! Adam and Allison together were incredible! I'd love to see do more together in the future. Kris had a rough night and Danny clearly outperformed him, though the harmonies were very good. Sorry Kris, it's your time to go.

May 5, 2009 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Joe

Tonights show was horrible!!

The duets were the worse... this is not a duet show it is a single competition and why did they pair the two rockers together? They should have split them up... better yet they should stick to the show and not have done duets.
    Adam is also becoming annoying. He does the same thing every week.

May 5, 2009 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Adam Allison

What is perverse Maggie T? Judges that recognize a superior performance...or maybe you are just referring to your judgment of Adam's personal life...

May 5, 2009 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Josee

Judy... THANK YOU for clarifying...and I agree 100% with your comment... LOVE the way Adam behaves, he is aclass act, and loved the duet with Allison. Rock on!!!

May 5, 2009 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  35. SAS

I think Adam is very good, but as a current performer and as a public singer of several years, he should be banned from this venue.

Allison, I download everything you do...love, love, love your voice... hope you win.

The other two leave me cold....bland, white bread.

May 5, 2009 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Bill

Bring back the 80's and early 90's Adam. I love watching people say Adam! All he does is scream.! He can scream, He can be mellow, He can do anything! That is what American Idol should be all about. Real talent! I am 42 and I know the difference between screaming and singing. Just look at what Danny did tonight! Now that is screaming! Screaming like Adam can get you seriously rich.

May 5, 2009 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  37. maggie t

I hate the way the judges slobber over that slimy Adam. its perverse and so unsettling. I have had enough. All the judges should be fired for such bad behavior.

May 5, 2009 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  38. sandi

Loved it.

May 5, 2009 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Travis

Pretty good.

I never understand why Allison has been in the Bottom Three so often. The ONLY time she should EVER be in the Bottom Three is when there are only three contestants left. The only time she should be in the Bottom Two is when there are only two contestants left. And she should be #1.

May 5, 2009 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Tim

Tonight I unfortunately witnessed the bias with the judges. They keep on knocking Allison...a 17 year old...even after the duet. She earned the right to stay guys!!!! She has been outstanding and very polite when criticized. I am so glad that she fired back tonight and stood her ground when Simon got carried away. Danny, who I do like, always gets comments that end on the positive note. I don't mind constructive feedback...that is what the judges are supposed to do...but this favoritism is getting carried away. There may be a big upset tomorrow. I see it this way: Adam, Allison, Chris, and Danny. Boy did Danny blow the song choice...may cost him!!!!

May 5, 2009 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Renuka

Those are the only 2 that matter.

May 5, 2009 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Maria

I loved their performance together. Adam and Allison would be a great couple if Adam was 10 years younger. Those two will be the final two, but sorry Allison, Adam will win! He has an amazing voice that can reach such high notes that sound perfect. Also, he is drop dead gorgeous!! I love Adam!!!!!!

May 5, 2009 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  43. jim

It's funny how people listen to Simon and then mimic everything he says. Get real people, Allison was boring and will be out.

May 5, 2009 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  44. t

What a rigged joke this whole evening was. It is obvious that they are trying to get Allison and Adam in the bottom two, They start the show with them and end with them. I am a Danny and Kris fan, even if they are not in the bottom two they will go on and do great things. Allison and Adam will/would be ONE HIT WONDERS!! I cannot stand to hear Adam scream and Allison has a lot of maturing she needs to do... I will not watch the end of this show it Allsion and scream every song Adam are in the final!!! Good luck Kris and Danny!!

May 5, 2009 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  45. ch1ck

Loved Adams jeans..Great duet and I'm not an Allison fan (husky voice gets old fast)

May 5, 2009 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Tim

My wife and I have been dialing in for Adam, since the show ended. We both have gotten through each time. Up to 55 in a row. What is going on? Shouldn't be this easy. Adam and Allison were the perfect rock
    matchup. Danny and Kris will be bottom two. Not sure which will go.

May 5, 2009 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  47. joan

Tia, Adam did save Allison because of her performance with him...she did a better job in her duet with Adam than she did with her own solo....and JT, why the comment about Adam touching his crotch...I didn't see him doing so...perhaps you'd better train your eyes to look elsewhere....

May 5, 2009 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  48. irene

Adam is to Allison is what Slash was to Axel Rose. Total harmony. But more importantly, I was entertained, i was smiling from ear to ear. The other two are not bad, compared to trollops who ended up in the final four in the previous seasons, but they don't hold a candle to Adam. I would love to see Adam, Kris and Allison in the semifinal and see what the judges pick for them. I am hoping Queen or Muse for Adam. Still not sure about the eye liner, guy liner or whatever you call it, it should stay on women.

May 5, 2009 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Kathy

I feal the to finalists will be Adam and Danny. I like all of them but they are the two who have been the most consistant during it all

May 5, 2009 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Barbara P.

One and two. No question.

May 5, 2009 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Lin

Loved this duet! I also loved Allison's solo performance and didn't agree with Simon that it saved her – Karaoke Gokey's bad performance only showed he's not as good as he thinks he is.

May 5, 2009 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  52. kelly

i agree with simon, i think the duet will save allsion. as much as i love her, i was expecting more from her in this genre. Adam was obviously in his element. kris and danny really didnt have much of a chance in this genre. if kris is not in the bottom and voted off this week, my theory is correct. he is making it this far because he is cute. and adam and allison should SO do a duet. i already went to itunes to see if i could download their duet 🙁

May 5, 2009 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Judy

correction – not that anyone is holding their breath about my little posting – but I said Danny when I definitley was referring to Adam – the way Adam is with Allison.

May 5, 2009 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Judy

I love the way Danny is with Allison. He is very sweet with her, during rehersal with Slash he had his hand on her shoulder. He has that innocent sweet face and personality inbetween performances. And then in performance he is the ultimate bad azz rocker, the one your mother wants you to stay away from. Bravo.

May 5, 2009 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  55. bridgette

Allison need to be thanking Adam, because he saved her from the bottom. Even with Danny totally destroying his song, he still has a bigger fan base than Allison, and Allison would be in serious trouble if he wasn't for that duet. Allison sounded good in the duet, the opposite of what she sounded in that awful rendition of cry-baby.

May 5, 2009 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Mel.

This duet rocked the house!! Wow, it was great. Loved it. What a great way to make folks watch the whole hour... first two great, last duet great... stuff in the middle... ho-hum.

May 5, 2009 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Grace

They two rocked. Their performance was so much better than the other pair.

May 5, 2009 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Sunny

Why does SIMON have to bring down Allison every time.
    She sang much better than Chris and Mr. Gokey, but he still comments that "Adam, you have given this girl a chance to stay in the competition".
    She is a far better singer than Mr. Gokey and Chris. She should be in the finals.
    Mr. Simon you have may have Common sense, but you are wrong about Allison.
    Actually we very much got a glimpse of the final today. It will be 'Adam and Allison'. Way to go Allison, but Adam you are the winner, no doubt about that.

May 5, 2009 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Gloria Roebuck

Adam is the star... He will do many gerat things

May 5, 2009 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  60. anthony

I'm going to have ice for lunch tomorrow.

May 5, 2009 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Mary Donaldson

Pure heaven – can't wait to download this great duet. I would love an Adam/Allison showdown. But don't think it will happen. I hope she's in the top three, though. Well, I have to get dialing – I haven't bothered to vote yet this season, but after last week I will be punching those buttons for the next two hours for Adam – and Allison.

May 5, 2009 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Ann

I always wanted to see an Adam/Allison final, but only if he won!

May 5, 2009 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Bob

Adam and Allison really rocked. This is not even close.

May 5, 2009 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  64. jt

Loved the duet - these two were great. But, Adam - please keep your hand off your crotch!! Ugh ....

May 5, 2009 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Yuna

I just loved Allison and Adam's performance!!! They so compliment each other, and I agree, they should make music together. ^_^

May 5, 2009 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Peggy

What a great way to end the show. Adam and Allison completely blew me away. What a difference from the other duet.

May 5, 2009 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Tina

Allison doesn't need Adam to stay in the competition but I do think that you may be looking at your final two. They were really good! And I don't even like Adam!

May 5, 2009 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Tia

I have to disagree with Simon that the final duet saved Allison, Kris and Danny saved Allison.
    This final performance though just confirmed what I had already thought...Adam and Allison are the only two who actually performed tonight.

May 5, 2009 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |