May 5th, 2009

Top 4: 'Dream On' Danny Gokey

I just knew we couldn't escape rock night without an Aerosmith song, or a power ballad for that matter.

Danny Gokey

Danny performs Aerosmith's "Dream On," and in rehearsal with Slash, that scream that tore from Danny made me throw up  in my mouth a little bit.

I get what he was going for since the song is a little bluesy; however, his performance was a whole lotta crazy!!

Even some of his family and friends seemed to be trying to figure it out when the camera went to them. That final "note" (making the quote fingers here) he sang/screamed was beyond horrendous.

Danny appeared to be sipping some Lambert juice with this one, and not necessarily in a good way. Ryan reminds us that Danny's never been in the bottom three, but I don't think that's going to hold up this week.

And is it just me, or do the judges seem like they are determined to say something positive about him regardless?

Filed under: television

1. rira

Danny was horrible!!
    I can sing much better than him singing dream on.
    I don't like this man at all.
    He has no sense.

June 17, 2009 at 1:50 am | Report abuse |
  2. Cindy

I think Adam will probably win, but I'm hoping it will be Danny.
    I think Danny is all around better for an idol title.

May 12, 2009 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  3. MEMO

I think it was okay. It only displays that what Adam does, can also be done by the other idols. To think that Danny has a low voice.. i was surprised when he hit that note! ...

May 11, 2009 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  4. Donna

I think someone told Danny that he had to be "more like Adam"... much to his detriment this week. And I'm really kinda tired of the Adam Lambert "March to the winner's circle" that seems to be happening. What Simon hated about him in the beginning (too theatrical) he now appears to love... WHY? It was a bad song choice for Danny... he should have tried harder to put his own stamp on the song if he had to do it, but ... In hope this mistake doesn't kill his chances.

May 6, 2009 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  5. patti

I think Danny is the coolest of cool.He`s got soul,and he is a great singer and performer.I forgot to mention the great heart he has for other`s.

May 6, 2009 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Caligirl

Adam's Country Night was just unusual not a flop. Danny should have tried something a little different to get the "you made it your own!" a loungy "Highway to Heaven" perhaps?

May 6, 2009 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Allie B

Comment to Nic about AI using the scream for Danny's end of show clip...

Idol creates those clips from the dress rehearsals – not the live performances. They didn't do a dress rehearsal last night because of the problems with the set – however before the live show started they had each person come out and do 20-30 second snippet of their song. Gokey sang the bridge between the first verse and the chorus and also attempted (and failed) the big note twice. However in the live show, Gokey added a "doo doo doo" run during the bridge and AI had no choice but to use the pre-taped scream (which trust me was not as bad as the live performance) only for his clip package.

IMO Danny has had just one better than average performance during the season (Rat Pack week) – the rest have been fair to middling. Even if Gokey survives elimination this week, his version of Dream On will go down in Idol history as one of the worst performances ever – mark my words. The audacity of Gokey to think he had the chops to pull it off.

May 6, 2009 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Linda

Tom – Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! That was exactly what I was thinking. If you base it off one single performance, Adam would have and should have been sent home Country week. I am a Danny fan, but admit Adam is pretty darn talented, they BOTH did REALLY BAD during the weeks that they had to perform to a genre that obviously doesn't suit them.

May 6, 2009 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  9. andrei

*The comment for Bob was actually for Tom. Too many Bob's on this page.

May 6, 2009 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  10. andrei

I can't believe Danny still has fans after that horrid performance. It's the worst Idol performance I've seen in all seasons (in my opinion). I have never liked him from the start and I never will. I also dislike his attitude so much. He tried his best to outsing/out scream Kris and blatantly wanted to copy Adam's singing style but failed. At least Adam hits the notes right. Ring of Fire was way better than Danny's trainwreck. This performance just emphasized how his departure is long overdue. It made him look like a fool.

@ Barbara: What's wrong with wearing eyeliner?
    Wow at all the Danny fans here. Not generalizing, but some here seem to be from a very conservative background.
    @ Bob, judging by the whole season, Danny's performances in general just reeked of mediocrity, but some people think like he's the second coming of Christ. I also hate that Danny claps after his own performances. Says a lot about himself really.
    @ megan: Whatever floats your boat. Didn't you think Dream On was painful? Oh, it sure sounded like angels were singing from the heavens.

Wake up America!!!

May 6, 2009 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Barbara

Listening to Danny sing last night was more painful than watching the Yankees lose to the Red Soxs again...................

May 6, 2009 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Ann

Megan, with all of Adam's near-perfect performances I have to tell ya, Ring of Fire is still my all-time favorite! I can watch his live performance over and over and not get tired of it. That was hands down the sexiest and riskiest performance ever on Idol, and I love him for it! His eyes, his legs, his Robert Plant-like wail, OMG, I'm not the only 40-something woman who feels this way! Some of us just like things that are more exotic, less white bread.

I love the studio version too, but that live version is phenomenal. To each her own, I guess!

May 6, 2009 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Tom

Danny has sung great all year long. Last night's peroformance was an abberation for him. He's not a hard rock singer. Probably should have picked another song. I think he should be judged by his total season, not by one night's performance. If that were the case, Adam woudl have been long gone during country week after his Ring of Fire murder.

May 6, 2009 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  14. dpingl

Remember Micheal Johns went HOME on this song... I like Danny but John's performance was GREAT and he still went home!!

May 6, 2009 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Scout

Way to go Spaz. My husband made a similar comment. Lost the presidential nomination for Dean, maybe it will do Gokey in also.

May 6, 2009 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  16. megan

btw, whoever said Danny's performance was the worst of the season must have missed Adam's painful rendetition of "ring of fire"! Now that was horrible!!!

May 6, 2009 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  17. megan

OMG!! Danny had one bad week, it has happened to all of them. Danny is a great singer and he does not deserve to get voted off for one bad choice! And it has nothing to do with sympathy and everything to do with his talent, not to mention he is very HOT! We love you Danny!

May 6, 2009 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Geoff Garcia

I would never buy this guy's album...

May 6, 2009 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Kaus

I'm with you guys who can't stand Kara. I cringe every time I hear her talk.

May 6, 2009 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Theresa

Oh my goodness thank you for saying that and Simon always has something to say about Allison!!!!!

May 6, 2009 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  21. Justin DQ

Even thought Danny wasn't good last night, but I still like the guy. He has such a great voice. Can't send him home if he only has one bad week. I love to see Adam vs. Danny at the end. It would be an awesome showdown. I like both Adam and Danny, but of course, Adam deserves to win... Vote for Adam!...

May 6, 2009 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  22. BB

Danny is the man. Yes it was NOT his best performance, but look at others that have not performed well and still are in. Look at the weeks that he has sang and has been on the money!! Adam with his tongue hanging out while he screams is pretty horrifying. Danny would do well singing a Rod Stewart song. I 'd buy his CD in a heart beat. He also has a great personaily along with his singing.

May 6, 2009 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  23. dave

Danny was horrible. Kara is a ridiculous joke, in fact all the judges are, but she is the worst. To suggest that Gokey sing an 'earier' Aerosmith song than Dream On, something like 'Crazy' ..simply shows that she is clueless. Dream On is from their FIRST album, released in 1973. Crazy is from their Get a Grip album – released 20 years later in 1993! However, that album was infiltrated by the kind of people that destroy good bands – song doctors – like her. Don't forget, Kara is a 'talent' who doctors songs for such super fabulous 'artists' like Jessica Simpson, Britney Spears, Pussycat Dolls and Kelly Osbourne. "Nuff said..

May 6, 2009 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  24. Mike

Danny, Danny, Danny. WTF? That was a really rough version of Dream On. You definitely outsang Kris in the duet though.

May 6, 2009 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  25. GBB

I've been a HUGE Danny G fan from the beginning. And I don't think he's going home this week.

That said, last night's performance was painful. I cringed when he attempted that last note. And I thought the judges were much kinder to him than he deserved.

May 6, 2009 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  26. BR

I think Danny tried his best. He is not a rock person. I like him- because I do not like dum screeming Adam. I would like my kids to listen to Danny rather than Adam. Danny, you will be survied, it's a blessing for mom's day!

May 6, 2009 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  27. bye bye

I have never understood why Danny made it this far. He might be a nice person and all, but he has never had any range with his singing. Every time, it's always the same gruff voice. Ugh.

May 6, 2009 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  28. Amy

I love Danny- but Adam would have really nailed this song.

May 6, 2009 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  29. That really was not very good

I'm sorry to say it, but Danny just was not very good at all.

May 6, 2009 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  30. Lor

Train wreck is exactly the term –horrific, yet I couldn't tear my eyes away.

May 6, 2009 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  31. Kyra

What a terrible performance! Danny tried way too hard last night and his performance was second rate. I am rooting for an Allison/Adam showdown.

May 6, 2009 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  32. Jane

Hey Jessie, I, and everyone else posting here are not on American Idol trying to prove our singing abilities, go cry for Danny somewhere else.

May 6, 2009 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  33. tvfan boricua

No matter how lackluster or pitchy or out of tune Danny is... the judges have something good to say! UNBELIEVABLE!

May 6, 2009 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  34. Surrenda

Ok, so what Danny is not a rock singer, although I think he would have sounded a lot better if he would have covered a Creed , Stone Temple Pilots, or Sound Garden song. Something of the type! last night was pretty tough but it wasn't so bad that he should be kicked off. I just think a lot of you Adam fans are hoping that Danny goes home because you know that he is the guy that could put a damper on your parade. Also it is sickening to watch the judges marvel over adam. What he did last night was nohting special. We all know that he sounds like a broke Axel Rose. But Adam's Take on Led Zep was not original at all. Keep it going Danny!!!

May 6, 2009 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  35. Ang

Why the heck didn't he just sing some Bob Seger and make everyone happy????

May 6, 2009 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  36. Scout

Someone said it right, Danny should be singing Rock of Ages, not trying to sing rock. His screech was off pitch and made me shudder. Slash suggested that Adam stay away from the falsetto and he took his advice. I can't see that Danny took any advice. He has disregarded the mentor's on previous occasions which to me indicates arrogance. Hopefully, this will be his last tour and he'll find his way into the bottom. Go sing for the Christian Broadcasting network.

May 6, 2009 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  37. Dennis

Why was there a bottom three last week?
    It's even more absurd that there will be a bottom 3 this week.

What about next week when there are 3 left?
    Will there be a bottom three then as well?

May 6, 2009 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  38. dana

I sing Dream On better when I'm driving in my car–and I'm virtually tone deaf. Although not so much so that I can't realize how horrible this was. He WAS NOT on pitch at all, regardless of what anyone says. I don't think he hit any notes. Instead of sounding sexy, the raspiness sounded like he had no voice and had SCREAMED it out this week. I much prefered Michael Johns' Dream On last year, and it was not perfect in any way.

Adam is a little off, but the kid has a voice. Danny should not try to be Adam or Steven Tyler or anyone else but himself. That was just awful. And whoever it was who said Adam has the attitude??? Why??? He actually seems embarrassed by what people say-sort of like David Cook was last year.

All said, still love Allison's voice.

May 6, 2009 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  39. Dan

It's been touched on before by a few people, but I have to bring it up again ...

I seriously don't understand the obsession with the judges and Danny. He was really, REALLY bad last night, but they praised him for "effort" and "trying." If that were any other contestant bringing that garbage, they would have said something to the effect of "at this stage in the competition, you have to nail it, and that didn't do it for me." Kris was just ho-hum (not sure if it was in their song selection, but I feel like Nirvana's "About a Girl" or their version of David Bowie's "The Man Who Sold the World" both would have been better choices). Still, he was LIGHT YEARS ahead of Danny, yet they lambasted Kris with criticism.

One more bone to pick with the judges (Kara, I'm looking at you): If you're going to give someone advice, PLEASE make sure it's correct. You asked Danny why he didn't go with older Aerosmith like "Cryin'"? Um, last time I checked, "Cryin'" is definitely NEWER Aerosmith. What he sang (Dream On) is REALLY old Aerosmith ... if she wanted him to sing something ELSE from their older records, she should have suggested "Sweet Emotion," "Mama Kin" or "Last Child." Hell, "Rag Doll" would have been MUCH better, and that's STILL older than "Cryin'". Get your facts straight, oh mighty record executive that you are!

On a final note, Adam and Allison were terrific (this was their complete comfort zone, so they should have been). Adam absolutely killed Zeppelin, and Allison stayed safe, but it all worked for them.

May 6, 2009 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  40. Angie

Danny needs to go. For the first time since year one, season one, I am ashamed of American Idol. The show has become so biased it is painful to watch. Danny is nice but definetly deserves to go home. He was so off. He is not as talented as Kris and Allison. Adam is a good singer, but to me isn't lasting talent like Kris.

May 6, 2009 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  41. Ashley

Even though Danny did not have a good night last night I don't think he will be sent home. I have liked him from the begining, I'm crossing my fingers!

May 6, 2009 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  42. nic

I'm a huge Gokey fan–but that was a horrid note. I think he could have handled the song fine, just do a different version and don't try to sound like Steven Tyler. I disagree with the "mentoring" Slash gave him in that regards. As to all the people saying there should be no more comments about Adam's screaming...sorry.....Danny made a huge mistake trying to hit a note that he couldn't and it was horrid. However Adam looks for ways to fit his high pitched scream into everything he does. Granted it's a controlled scream- it's still a scream and I'm still over it. I think Danny has the best voice, I too wish he would sometimes change the song up a little more, but it's not as if they can walk out there and do original material. What he does do to make songs his– phrasing–notes, etc, just aren't as noticable as what Adam & Kris do. Completely agree that last night his performance was the worst- but don't think he should go home b/c of it based on previous performances– however it could be advantageous for him to go on an exit and get his album out sooner–w/o Simon! I disagree that he's getting votes because of sympathy! And for all you conspiracy theorists claiming it's rigged to be a Danny-Adam showdown– check out the clip AI chose to show of Danny's performance for it's wrap-up........the scream.

May 6, 2009 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  43. Tres

The scream was absolutely awful.

But I still thought he was great on the rest of the song.

On a side note, I hate Kara (is that her name? the new judge?)

May 6, 2009 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  44. Galoux

I'm normally a fan of Danny's (although a bigger fan of Adam's), and I wanted him to do well. I just can't believe he chose this song! Surely it has crossed his mind more than once that Adam has drawn favorable comparisons with Steven Tyler–and Adam's strengths are not the same as Danny's. Painful.

May 6, 2009 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  45. Kaus

You're so right. The judges are not telling the truth- this is Danny's worst performance. He has a great voice, no denying. But that scream at the end? Simon's right- horror movie, indeed.

May 6, 2009 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  46. Pat

The cards should be up for Danny, as the other three are far better, and have been for weeks. But in AI fashion, Kris and Allison are in jeopardy too. Not for bad performances though??

May 6, 2009 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
  47. H

OOPS!!!!!!!!!!!! AND DOUBLE OOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DANNY AND KRIS WERE SCREWED BY THE POWERS OF AMERICAN IDOL. THE POWERS ARE PUSHING FOR ADAM TO WIN. LOOK AT THE THEME AND THE DUET LAST NIGHT. AMERICAN IDOL STINKS

May 6, 2009 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
  48. gus

Danny would have faired much better if he sang a southern rock song something from Lynyrd Skynrd or even Stone Temple Pilots would have worked – I hope he makes it through this week......

May 6, 2009 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
  49. H

DANNY AND KRIS WERE SCREWED BY THE POWER OF AMERICAN IDOL. THE POWERS ARE PUSHING FOR DANNY TO WIN. LOOK AT THE THEME AND THE DUET LAST NIGHT. AMERICAN IDOL STINKS.

May 6, 2009 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
  50. Barbara

Danny, awesome. The next American Idol. Adam , completely a freak with the eye liner and etc. YUK!

May 6, 2009 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  51. Jody

I am a huge Gokey fan but he really did sing the wrong song he should of picked something from the Eagles or one of those softer rock groups. I hope Danny doesn't go home but I have a feeling he might. THAT SONG WAS SOOOOOOOOOO WRONG.

May 6, 2009 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
  52. J Luv

Screaming is rock and roll is it not? The scream was totally appropriate.

May 6, 2009 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
  53. aaron

This was very, very bad. I really hope this guy doesn't go on....

May 6, 2009 at 7:08 am | Report abuse |
  54. David

Send him home now! I have been saying all season that this guy is horrible, now everyone with an ear agrees!

Get rid of him!

May 6, 2009 at 7:05 am | Report abuse |
  55. Paulina

Oh it was so painful to watch Danny! I wish someone had put him out of his misery! And so unfair for him to finish a set that Adam opened! I like the guy but it was so HORRENDOUS!!!

May 6, 2009 at 6:47 am | Report abuse |
  56. Karen

Danny took a song I love by Aerosmith and killed it............for that, he needs to go home! He can't sing...........reminds me of Taylor Hicks. lol (and we all know how he ended up)!

May 6, 2009 at 6:21 am | Report abuse |
  57. Karen

Ihope Danny finally goes home tonight..........never liked him. Adam all the way!

May 6, 2009 at 6:14 am | Report abuse |
  58. RR...

Chris sang OK a great Beatle song, and the judges were tough on him...
    Allison sang great a great Janis Joplin song, and the judges were tough on her...
    Danny destroyed my entire sound system with that horrible screeechy scream..on a clasic Aerosmith song, and the judges praised him for taking chances....come on!!!!
    Are you for real????.....
    Dany should pay for that enormous mistake and go home next week...
    The judges a're doing everything they can to insure an Adam / Danny final...
    The real final should be, Adam / Allison, with Kris in a very deserving third place...

May 6, 2009 at 4:45 am | Report abuse |
  59. meredithNYC

i think the most significant thing that can be said of danny's performance tonight is that once and for all (hopefully) he has demonstrated for the AI audience what constitutes a screech ( i.e., his last few bars/ rendition of "singing")! when people say that adam screeches –is this really the same thing your ears r hearing?? of course not! it may not be your style, but adam has been pitch perfect every time - even when he plays around up in that impossible range. i do give danny credit for trying, unlike chris who just did what he always does. but please, no more mention of adam and screeching in the same breath.

May 6, 2009 at 3:27 am | Report abuse |
  60. Jessica

I love danny! He may have not done so well tonight but he is still amazing. You guys are a bunch of haters!

May 6, 2009 at 2:18 am | Report abuse |
  61. coop

Tony was right!
    Kara showed just how clueless she is,(Danny should have done and earlier Areosmith tune like "Crazy" rather than "Dream On")
    I like Aerosmith but don't own any of thier records.
    Yet still I new "Crazy" came sooooo much later down the road than "Dream On"
    Almost 2 decades earlier!!!!
    Adam is a musical theater STAR
    Allison has some serious chops(and will get so much better as she experiences life)
    Kris has mad talent and does things his way and will be a success after the show win or lose.
    Danny Is a good guy with a goo voice that appeals to people.
    That said:
    Good Lord willing I won't have to hear Adam screech anymore after tomorrow! but I think Danny is gone.

May 6, 2009 at 1:59 am | Report abuse |
  62. Nethie

I haven't been convinced this guy had the chops to make it and now I know why. HIs performance tonight was awful.

May 6, 2009 at 1:39 am | Report abuse |
  63. KD

Something I would like to point out about Kara, she told Danny that he needed to do "early" Aerosmith such as Crazy or Cryin. I would just like to point out that these songs were released in 1993, more than twney years after the formation of Aerosmith. I normally enjoy AI and I have really enjoyed this year, with the exception of the supposedly talented Kara who makes these kinds of mistakes all the time and brings down the credibility of the show.
    I loves seeing Slash this week and I am hoping for an Adam/Danny show down in the final, but for next year, get rid of Kara or educate her on the history of music.....its embarrassing for her and for the show

May 6, 2009 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
  64. gb

anyone that thinks Adam screams, should listen to that last note of Danny's

May 6, 2009 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
  65. Joan

Danny needs to go home.....he murdered the last note(s) of his song. It was JUST PLAIN AWFUL! Yet the judges were bending over backward to say it wasn't soooooooo bad. If any of the other contestants had missed a note as badly as Danny, the judges would have decimated them.

The voters can't think that Danny was better than Kris (who at least was able to sing on key).

Send Danny home!

May 6, 2009 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
  66. Jen

I am really surprised to hear someone say Adam has an "attitude"? One of the things I love about Adam is how he seems so humble. He listens to the criticism and always smiles after words. It's very sweet. Danny on the other hand tonight was basically like 'yeah I know it was good. maybe I have to listen back to it because I know it was good.' it was very off putting.
    I really like Danny. He has a unique, good voice. However, that song was just awful. While Kris was spot on. I really enjoyed his performance and will probably download it. I really hope that the massive amount of Gokey fans don't overload him with votes anyway. Kris really deserves to stay, in my opinion. Though it is apparent Adam is more than likely going to win with probably Allison in second.

May 6, 2009 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
  67. jim

will the stage manager sue danny gokey for the scream he made in rehearsal that ultimately caused the glass to shatter and hurt her?

May 6, 2009 at 12:25 am | Report abuse |
  68. casey

I think his time has come to leave the show. if he is working for a len's chain he should admit it , his performance tonight was bad all screams no talent.

May 6, 2009 at 12:25 am | Report abuse |
  69. luke

Wow..
    TERRIBLE performance for Gokey..

But what was MORE TERRIBLE was the fact that PIMPING HAS COME FROM BAD TO WORST! How come he still get some brownie points for that in contrast with Kris Allen? We know that both Danny and Kris are not of the rock genre? If they did say Kris was bad that night, EVENTHOUGH HE SANG BETTER THAN DANNY TONIGHT, the JUDGES should have given some props on how Kris did his song or if not, don't pimp Danny blatantly to our face, just say he was terrible tonight just as Kris!

WOW, I just cant believe how UNPROFESSIONAL and BIASED the JUDGES has become! If Adam had an off night, it's ok to remind us that he is good and we have to save him but man, the only good performance Danny had was last week but the pimping was almost every week for him even for every mediocre performance he had!

May 6, 2009 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  70. Texas Idol Fan

Good grief, people! Could you be any harder on Danny? He didn't have the best performances tonight, but last week was outstanding. Give the guy a break!!!!!

May 6, 2009 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
  71. Bob

I thought that this song was to high for Danny but I do not think it was awful. Granted a few of his notes were not in pitch - the last note - but it was not that bad. He has a lot of courage to go out there and sing a song by Steven Tyler. He desserves to go on to the next round just because he is a great singer and he did not pick an easy song. His duet with Chris was amazing btw. Chris is going home this week. Then it will be close with Danny and the girl. But in the end, Adam is going to win hands down.

May 6, 2009 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
  72. nikki

Okay...danny had a bad night. big deal. he will make it and wow us nxt week. and by the way, adam sings in a beautiful falsetto. he does not scream lik that.

May 6, 2009 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  73. susie

Ugh..that was awful...that's too bad, I really like Danny. Wrong song choice...it was painful to watch and hear.

May 6, 2009 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  74. Kate

I don't like it much when anyone screams. It rarely sounds real.

May 6, 2009 at 12:03 am | Report abuse |
  75. snead

eek! Danny's better than this. He swung for the parking lot but nerves did him in.

May 6, 2009 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  76. Gokeygirl

Wow! Brutal reviews of Danny tonight!! Except for the last note of his "Dream On" song he didn't do that badly. Let's face it, we all knew that this would be a tough week for Danny....a rocker he is not. BUT, a talented, humble, down to earth and fabulous human being his IS. He deserves to move on and I predict he will. He has been consistant and strong each and every week so one "off" performance should NOT send him packing!! I think that Kris will be leaving tomorrow night....Danny will be in the finale. Go get em Danny!!! You will come back stronger than ever next week!!!

May 5, 2009 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  77. michelle

That was awful, it was like hearing nails on a chalkboard..Danny was trying to be like Adam and it was not working at all.

May 5, 2009 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Darcie

Oh. My. Lord. Danny Danny Danny ... don't do the song if you can't slay it at the end. Adam could have sang that song in his sleep, but it is not a Gokey song. Why on earth choose it? Free Bird ... that was the song choice for you; it would have worked. But that ending note was the scariest, most awful thing I've heard on Idol in years. Oh Danny Boy ... you may regret that song choice forever.

May 5, 2009 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Ben Lee

I think Danny had a meltdown...no vocally experienced and trained person would sing a note if they know they can't hit it, let alone SCREAM it! What was he thinking??? Furthermore, his response to the judges...he was visibly agitated...which was not very typical of him.

I think he won't be going home...the fact that he was never in a the bottom 3 shows that his fans are very consistent and after tonight, they will be even more fired up to vote for him.

Although I'm not a fan but in all fairness, he is so not karaoke Gokey.

May 5, 2009 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Spaz

Even Howard Dean thought that scream was horrific.

May 5, 2009 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Jessie

All you losers tyyping in on your computer......just try and sing those
    vocals and see how far YOU get. This competition is all about pushing yourself beyond your expecations.....Danny even said so after his performance. GOOD FOR HIM, I say. Kris has always taken the easy way out with the easy lyrics.....and eveyone seems to keep loving him. Yes, Allison is awesome and Adam may even win because he's such an outrageous performer......but Danny does not deserve all this criticism. You all go and sing better than him, then you deserve to put him down. Pitiful ciriticisms!! Shame on you all!

May 5, 2009 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Amanda

Although Danny did struggle tonight I hope he makes it through, and despite Adam's talent his face make me throw up a little in my mouth. Every time he stabs the camera lens with his squinty eyes and curls his lip as he pushes out notes... I don't think I can take much more of his face. He'll have a career after AI and it will probably be more fruitful.

May 5, 2009 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Jeff

AWFUL! AWFUL! AWFUL!

May 5, 2009 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  84. elle

man, i was hoping that adam was going to sing "dream on." he would have rocked it...i think this is going to be danny's last week.

May 5, 2009 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Loraly

Poor Danny......trying to pull off an Adam high note.....LMAO! Buh-Bye!

May 5, 2009 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Pam

That was horrible from begining to end....except the end was much worse.

May 5, 2009 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Allie B

We're going to be talking about that last note for a long time to come. OMG – it was so painful, it was funny. I can't wait to read the on-the-scene blogs on Wednesday. Gokey's arrogance is second to none.

May 5, 2009 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Jeffrey Eckman

Maybe the Christian Right will have to say good bye to their choir master. Enough with the gay bashing. Adam has be best voice in the show and Allison deserves to be the runner up. Say goodbye Danny. That was horrendous.

May 5, 2009 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  89. jaime

This was a horrid, painful performance to listen to. Unfortunately, I doubt that he'll go home for it 🙁

May 5, 2009 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Justin

Ugh. So right. He has never finished the night with a bad note from the judges. They endorse him every week. It's annoying. He is by far my least favorite and has been for some time. I hope he goes home.

May 5, 2009 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Flores

Danny was awful, period!! When he looks back at the tape tonight, I hope he gets a clue and packs his bags to go home tomorrow.

May 5, 2009 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Peaches

Danny, oh dear. He needs to leave after tonight. Is it just me or does he have this annoying smirk on his face that says "I know I'm good"...it bugs me. I've never been a fan either. I can't take his rambling either. Not sure what it is, but he rubs me the wrong way. It's that first impression thing....

May 5, 2009 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Marilyn

I felt bad for Danny tonight. He is my fave, but probably should
    have picked a different song, but he doesn't deserve to go home.
    Can't stand Adam. Don't like his attitude how he thinks he has this
    won. That right there should turn a person away from him.
    I feel sorry for Danny and Kris when the judges are always saying
    how Adam is the winner. They all have talent.
    Go Danny and Kris!

May 5, 2009 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Eleanor

I am encouraged by all the bad reviews, here. I sure hope he's on his way out - he should get himself a good job on a top-notch cruise ship somewhere.

May 5, 2009 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Dan from Iowa

Sorry if this has already been said – but I'm not going to read thru all 70 comments – Danny G sounds like Michael McDonald – maybe a Doobie Bros song would be better for him than Aerosmith.

May 5, 2009 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Snowball

I hope we've seen and heard the last of Danny after tonight. He's been coddled by the judges every week while other contestants have been brutalized in some instances.

Danny can sing, and he's a nice guy, but he won't be marketable once the Idol Tour is over, unless it's in the area of Christian music.

May 5, 2009 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  97. chloe

Adam has a voice and can do anything. If it is screaming, he screams on the right note. Not even someone that I would buy a CD by, but he is an entertainer. Hokey Gokey was pretty scary tonight. I am looking forward to tomorrow to see who gets the boot. I do hope it is Danny. Enough is enough. He has no stage personality.

May 5, 2009 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Lori

I agree, this was awful. I agree even more that when Adam screams or screeches as some say, it is on key.

May 5, 2009 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Nicolette

No doubt, Danny's performance was the equivalent of a trainwreck. he desperately tried being something he is not and failed terribly. Karaoke Gokey needs to go home. That scream at the end....like fingernails on a chalkboard... from beginning to end, he ruined a great song!!!!

May 5, 2009 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  100. LDV

That performance was downright dreadful. When people talk about screaming, they should think about Danny's last note! Adam, on the other hand, has control and is actually talented. Go home Gokey!

May 5, 2009 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  101. bridgette

Bob come on, there is a difference between a scream that shatters windows and make eyeballs pop out, like Danny did and Adam's controlled elevation of sound for a prolonged period. I liked Danny's performance last week, but tonight he was terrible. I am sure he will bounce back next week, but tonight he was a trainwreck.

May 5, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Tn Mom

he will be the one to go. he was really off key. a bad night for him.

May 5, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  103. paige

at least adam can scream it right

May 5, 2009 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Whut

Kris (and/or Allison) could come out and blow the place up, walk on water, make angels cry and they would not be a break from the judges because they want a Adam/Danny final because they know it’s a slam dunk win for Adam. Nobody is going to beat Adam, but Kris and/or Allison in the final against Adam scares the bejezus out of Idol. Danny could come out, whizz in Simon’s vodka cup, crap in Paula’s lap make out with Randy and it’s going to be the greatest thing in the world.
    They should have just went straight to the Adam/Danny final after the first week.The protection and pimping of their "dream final" is ridiculous.

May 5, 2009 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Ellen

Uggggh. Pitchy throughout. And that last note was horrible. Gokey just showed the Adam bashers the difference between tone, control and accurate pitch in a high range (Adam) and screaming (Gokey).

But I still think Danny will make it through.

May 5, 2009 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  106. maggie t

I don`t think any of the "singers" read these comments. If Danny had read them he would know America does not like the screaming. you have done it now my boy. you will have to go home now.

May 5, 2009 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Ellie

I thought it was fine, except for the last note. That did not go so well, but otherwise good.

May 5, 2009 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Bob

It appears most of the posters are Lambert fans. Adam Lambert screams or shouts every week. He doesn't sing but screeches or screams. Have you ever tried listening to him and not watch your TV? Try it and discover that he's a stage performer, not a singer. Danny can flat out sing. Bad song choice tonight, but he deserves to stay. Gokey is the man!

May 5, 2009 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  109. joan

I honestly don't think Danny was all that bad....he is an Adam wannabe...but never will....I am a big fan of Adam Lambert, who I think does not scream but has a big voice....I don't know if you noticed but the band seemed to drown out some of the other contestants voices...never will happen with Adam...his voice is much too powerful....

May 5, 2009 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Brandy

Sorry Nat, but not everyone likes elevator music. Danny is boring. Adam is not over the top. When I see someone live in concert, I expect them to sing and entertain. Tis why I love Madonna.

I just think Danny has too many sympathy votes.

May 5, 2009 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Kathy

Did anyone notice Slash's wife/girlfriend? laughing and stomping her feet when Gokey tried to hit that high note at the end. Michael Johns sang the same some last yeaer and hit the note!. Slash said during the mentoring 'everyone will be expecting you to hit that note at the end".
    He sure did not;.

May 5, 2009 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Wanda

Danny Boy it is time for you to go home!!!!!!!!! I would never buy your recordings............You sound like a million other people........

May 5, 2009 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Janet Faye

With only four left, only one won't be in the bottom three. Danny's was not the best performance, so welcome to the bottom three, Danny!

May 5, 2009 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  114. caroline

Joan, have to agree with you. I liked Danny at first but he got to be so boring that I lost interest. My interest in Adam has only grown.

A scream in tune (Adam's) is so much better than that awful one Danny did, Shelly

May 5, 2009 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Maria

I feel so bad for Danny. I really liked Danny, but that scream at the end made my ears bleed. I hope he doesn't get voted off, but he might be in trouble. I have no idea who will get voted off because everyone this year is amazing. But I do have an idea who will win, ADAM LAMBERT! He is the best thing to ever happen to this show and he will sell the most albums out of every American Idol. I am so pumped to buy his album and I have never bought an American Idol album before. GO ADAM LAMBERT!

May 5, 2009 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  116. JL

Karaoke Gokey

May 5, 2009 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Julie

I am a Danny fan and I have to say, I thought it was pretty good until that last note. So he had one bad note, I still like him better than Adam, it's just my preference. Adam can sing, most definitely, but just not my cup of tea and not what I prefer to listen to.

May 5, 2009 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Tony

Did anyone catch judge Kara's 'expert' opinion? She said instead of doing "Dream On," she would have preferred earlier Aerosmith songs like "Crazy?" Uh, Kara....Dream On is from the 1970's, a good 10+ years before "Crazy!" Where did they dig her up from? SHE HAS GOT TO GO!

May 5, 2009 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Jack in TampaBay

I didn't think that that would EVER END! WHOA!

Not sure which one will go home .. Gokey or Kris. But as far as I am concerned it is sayonara for both of them.

May 5, 2009 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Carrie

I agree that the judges are always a little kinder to Danny than they need to be. It's weird how Simon just had to pronounce that Kris was the next one off the island. I'm tired of him trying to tell America how to vote.

The scream was horrible and I didn't like Danny's performance at all. He should go next.

May 5, 2009 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Travis

The judges go after Danny for being "over the top."

Adam is "over the top" every single week and yet every single week, they all 4 simultaneously orgasm over him.

Nope. No double standard there.

May 5, 2009 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Sherry

OMG!My ears were bleeding! that was sooo not good . its the goodbye song for him.

May 5, 2009 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Joan

For the first two weeks of the season, I thought that Gokey would be a strong contender for the top spot. However, as the season has progressed, Danny's vocals (except for last week) have been mediocre at best. He should at least be in the bottom three after tonight; and my vote is that he goes home tomorrow.

If he continues, it's just not fair to Adam, Allison, and Kris.

May 5, 2009 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Larry "O"

Worst Song he has done yet. People talk about ADAM and his screaming high voice, well that was needed for Aerosmith not Danny's bluesy rasp voice. Wish him luck.

May 5, 2009 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Nat

Btw, Allison and Adam should have been the best tonight. They sing rock. Danny shouldn't get kicked off just because he isn't a hard rock signer. The other two struggled on other nights.

May 5, 2009 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Shelly

Wait a minute! Let me get this straight. It's O.K and supposedly amazing that we are subjected to Adam's horrible screaming every single stinking week, but when Danny does it the one time, it's a no-no. The saying is true: "It's not what you know, it's who you know!"

May 5, 2009 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Muke

I've enjoyed Danny throughout the season–even tho he's never been my favorite–but tonight? The Danny-train ran off the tracks early on in that song, and it didn't take a lot of imagination to figure out how it was going to end. And I completely agree w/the comment re the judges. Their attempts to manipulate the results has become increasingly irritating, so much so that I had to turn it off as soon as they finished critiquing Danny...and I won't be watching again.

May 5, 2009 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  128. sandi

Sunny are you a mind reader???? Amazing.

I'm a Gokey fan but I didn't like the song choice. So...he picked the wrong song, it isn't the first time an AI contestant picked a wrong song. He'll pass.
    I really liked the duet with Kris. The harmony was super.

May 5, 2009 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Lin

Paula should be kicked off the stage along with Karaoke Gokey for trying to smoke out some more votes for her Karaoke Boy. Not only was his performance just plain awful, I laughed out loud. And some people say Adam screams??? Adam sings, Gokey screams!!!!
    Hope to God we're now done with Karaoke Gokey and he finally gets not only to sit in the loser's chair, but is the loser. The guy is just arrogant – I couldn't believe it when he was trying to defend his performance. Get over it Gokey, it sucked!

May 5, 2009 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Suzee

That was painful to watch and even more painful to listen to. I like Danny, but the scream at the end reminded me of the scream the alien does in the Alien movies. I just wanted it over with. Didn't Danny look annoyed or something this evening? There was something not quite right with his demeanor. I will listen to Adams screaming any day of the week.

May 5, 2009 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  131. irene

I couldn't wait for it to end. Hopefully tomorrow he'll be in the bottom three. I won't miss him if he goes home. I think he was overrated from the start. He is not versatile enough and I cringed today more than usual when he sang

May 5, 2009 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Maverick

did not like the painful ending....

May 5, 2009 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Allie B

Not all the ladies – including this one – are fans of Gokey. I thought Dream On was one of the worst performances of the season. Many off notes and the end was a complete and total mess. It makes me ill that the judges continue to pimp him even in the face of this debacle. I think that Adam and Allison were the standouts tonight, but Kris held his own and certainly deserved better comments from the judges than he received. If there is a God, we've seen the last of Gokey in this competition. He was awful.

May 5, 2009 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  134. DH

Danny and Kris definitely don't fit the rock genre, but Kris did a lot better than Danny at bending the song to suit. The judges dug really deep to find something positive to say about Danny (they were in general gushy when praising people tonight–Adam did well, but it was embarrassing to watch them worship him), and they didn't give Kris nearly enough credit.

May 5, 2009 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  135. tom

Sympathy time over... those that criticize Adam by saying he screams obvisouly don't know what you are talking about. What Danny did butchering Aerosmith and that God Aweful scream... .

Well he just has to go... 4th place not a bad spot to go out at he should be proud.

May 5, 2009 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  136. bridgette

AS he was singing, I heard all the dogs in the neighborhood, howing in agony. It was beyond awful. It probably could qualify as torture method at Guatanamo Bay. I grabbed my pillow when he screamed as my ears bleed. He was the worse of the evening, but unfortunately he won't be leaving, probably Chris.

May 5, 2009 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Tracey

Sorry Nat... I am not even an album buying type of person and you bet I'll be cruising with the top down and Adam Lamber CD cranked on high Baby

May 5, 2009 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Chuck

My ears are still hurting and my dog will not come out from under the sofa

May 5, 2009 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  139. B

I didn't like it tonight BUT I don't think Danny should go home for this. I think it is Kris' night to go.

May 5, 2009 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  140. idol fan

OMG.... I just realized that if Gokey gets booted off tomorrow we're going to have to listen to that song again!!!!

May 5, 2009 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  141. AJ

It was REALLY bad. And Kris was the one Simon decided to throw under the bus. Completely blows my mind.

May 5, 2009 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Nat

Everyone is complaining about Danny, but Adam screams like that every week. Adam is such a mess and will never sell albums. He is made for broadway and I can't stand his over-the-top get-up each week.

May 5, 2009 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Sheri

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! If he had changed up the ending, he might have made it through... I'm so sad...

May 5, 2009 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Tabitha

I haven't heard a song performed this BAD since Sanjaya was on the show.

Absolutely dreadful.

Shame on the judges for sticking up for this

May 5, 2009 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  145. OT

What's wrong with the judges? ... my ears hurt from the last screaming

May 5, 2009 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Tracey

Poor Danny... It was as if he had given up hope and volunteered to go home.

That screechy wail... Oh I need to go wash my ears out!

May 5, 2009 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Bob

Danny is a nice guy but if he thinks he's going to win this, he can "dream on".

May 5, 2009 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Judy

Paula says she's a huge Danny fan. My question: Why Paula, why, why, why? She's even trying to stir up fan support for Danny. – and, WHO trys to do a rock out performance wearing a suit vest and matching sui pants. What the heck? Look at the 2 A's to see what rockers are supposed to look like.

May 5, 2009 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Anne

My cat freaked out on the last note. He actually started twitching and looking around for where that horrible sound came from!

May 5, 2009 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Kyla

this might have been the worst of the season. don't adam's screams now sound like the sweetest sound in the world? danny made a very bad choice with that song. as slash said, if u did that song, u'd have to sing those high notes. what a stupid stupid decision on danny's part. now his painful duet with kris seems like a mild papercut in comparison to this horrible train wreck.

May 5, 2009 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  151. dana

Ouch! My ears are still cursing me for not muting the tv, but I had to listen–kind of like watching an accident, you can't turn away. Ick! I hope VFTW is ineffective and the typical Gokey fans are too embarrassed to vote for that performance.

May 5, 2009 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  152. David

Come on American Idol fans – enough with the sympathy votes for Danny.

May 5, 2009 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  153. ADT

Do you think we will actually see Gokey in the bottom 3 this week, I can only hope so, pray so. I'm so over him and have been for weeks. It would suit me much better for this to come down to Allison, Kris, and Adam.

May 5, 2009 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Peter

With the lower, gravelly voice that makes Danny distinctive, I wish he had sung something from a group like Mountain.

May 5, 2009 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Tim

He picked the wrong song...this may be a huge upset tomorrow night. I know the ladies love him...and many feel for and respect him for his personal challenges as do I. But this is a singing competition...and he has been great at times. But what a mistake tonight...the odds of hitting the closing notes of that song under pressure is almost impossible. The only one I think could have possibly done it is Adam. I see the results coming in this way tomorrow night: Adam, Allison, Chris, and Danny. My favorite is Allison...go girl!!! That said I think Adam will win it all.

May 5, 2009 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  156. idol fan

The whole performance was embarrassingly painful to watch let alone listen to..... and that last note was hideous!! They have been toooo nice to him all season. Yes he has a sad story but seriously – that performance tonight was not honoring his wife's memory. It's time for Gokey to GO!

May 5, 2009 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  157. Rafael

It was so horrible. I seriously wanted to change the channel when the high note was coming up.

May 5, 2009 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  158. Robin

That was really bad. I'm pretty disappointed in him

May 5, 2009 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  159. Me

Please please GO HOME!

May 5, 2009 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  160. Spammy

Ya, it's pretty obvious the judges are manipulating the votes. That performance was painful.

May 5, 2009 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Brandy

Did not like his performance

May 5, 2009 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Sunny

Ha ha...Gokey was not pleased to be in a duet with Chris. His face showed he was very very very ANNOYED with the idea and then he sings that godawful solo rock song screeching his heart out expressing his anger.
    This guy has to go this time.

May 5, 2009 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Mary Donaldson

What can I say. I just don't love Danny Gokey. OK song – but I would never download it.

May 5, 2009 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  164. Barbara P.

Yeah, I love that song for lots of reasons and I wanted it to be OK, but it wasn't.

May 5, 2009 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  165. D

"Sipping some Lambert juice"? Really??

May 5, 2009 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  166. Yuna

OMG! Danny made me want to scream and run away from my TV. Uggghhhh!!! Terrible, but then again, I never was a Danny fan.

May 5, 2009 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  167. Shar

Danny needs to go home!!! That was absolutely terrible! I havent seen such a painful performance all season!

May 5, 2009 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Bob

Painful.

May 5, 2009 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  169. Tina

Yes, to the judge thing. Danny did well enough, but I kept waiting for the high notes during dream on.....

May 5, 2009 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  170. Mel.

It was okay. But I think he's in trouble this week. JMO.

May 5, 2009 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  171. Tia

I was a Gokey fan for a long time but have been really finding myself agreeing that he does a karaoke version of all the songs, but with a great voice. But tonight I just wanted it to end from the very first note and could not wait til it was done. I don't know that there was any note that was in tune, the screaming sounded like a young toddler at the market checkout and it was just dreadful.
    Unless VFTW saves him, I think this was his coup de grâce.

May 5, 2009 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |