April 30th, 2009

'American Idol': Was it real - or reality TV?

Adam Lambert's landing in the bottom three on "American Idol" Wednesday night had lots of fans crying foul and wondering how in the world such a popular contestant could have been so close to being eliminated.

Adam Lambert

Conspiracy theories have abounded on this blog's comments, CNN's iReport site and throughout the Internet: Could it be that Adam was number three in terms of lowest votes and not number two? Did Ryan actually say Adam was in the bottom two, or did he just say that Kris was "safe" and implied that Adam was in the bottom two with Matt by leaving the pair the last men standing?

Was the whole thing staged just to keep folks watching (and talking) about the show?

TVwxGirl tweeted the following to iReport: "We all know that this was PR manipulation. How can Adam fall after receiving a record number of internet hits?"

Holly posted on this blog: "Hard to believe Adam was in the bottom two. Think it was a stunt by Fox to get more votes next week since panicked Lambert fans will be sure to ramp it up."

It's not like popular and talented performers haven't landed in the bottom before (think Fantasia) or even been booted (remember Chris Daughtry and Jennifer Hudson).

It could just be a case of fans taking for granted that Adam, who has long been touted as the front runner, is going to win. A Fan wrote "I think Adam’s fans figured that Adam was safe so they didn’t bother to vote for him – let’s not let that happen again next week."

Will this rally the Lambs to get out the vote for Adam or encourage his critics' hopes that he can be dethroned?

Post your comments below or head over to iReport to submit videos of your reaction.

Your comment or video may appear on CNN!

–Lisa Respers France, CNN.com writer

Filed under: Uncategorized

1. Terah

The Finale was on last night and I don't believe that the real winner won. Adam out-sang Kris and even Kris knows it. It has been said that the "Christian" vote pushed Kris on top and I believe that is possible and probably true. The problem is that the "Christians" who voted for Kris to vote against Adam, are not really "Christians" but simply religious narrow-minded promoters of the people they can control.

Change gonna come, oh yes it will!
    www (dot) resurrectionpower (dot) com (slash) CHANGE (dot) html

I've been outsted from many churches and hated by most who call themselves "Christian," but the proof of their Christianity is in love, not hatred.

Well.... at least Adam knows now that he will never have a future in Country music or amongst the religious. THANK GOD!

Terah

May 21, 2009 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  2. peggy

I noticed Allison....her Adam and Kris....Danny UGH!!!!awful...
    I am anxious to see if Allison and Adam do a duet together, I sure
    would buy it.....
    Each week I watch the show but if Adam goes off I wil not watch
    the finals cause Danny is boring enough, let alone just him and Kris on the stage.....and I love Kris like I do Adams singing.....
    So glad Gokey-dokey is a church singer let him go back to it....He Sucks....

May 7, 2009 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  3. laurie

Am I the only one who noticed: Allison ROCKED THE HOUSE tonight.
    This kid has a bright future in the music business whether she wins AI
    or not. I'll buy her album.

May 6, 2009 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  4. gMan

Danny is going down tonight!

May 5, 2009 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Sherry

I suggest that any of you that think Adam shrieks,or screams read (Simon says a lot ) An Exclusive Interview i by Debra BirnBaum Editor in Chief on page 33- TV -GUIDE. MAY 4-10. It says a lot. But here is the most important question and answer! Quote " Can Adam be a star ? ) Simon's reply; One hundred percent. He's somebody who should be selling records all over the world. He's that good. He could sing the phone book, and a lot of producers will want to work with him." Then ask your self why Idol pays Simon 45 Million dollars a year to do American Idol? Simon is usually spot on since he has been in this business so long. And has picked many singing stars. for example Leona Lewis. Adam should be the winner! Someone might sign Danny and Kris too.

May 5, 2009 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  6. ArtLover125

To Thomas from someone who truly is “musically literate”. I am a fan of the band Muse, as well as the Gary Jules version of “Mad World”. Adam’s performances were definitely influenced by these arrangements (as was his brilliant rendition of “Ring of Fire” based upon Dilana’s version). This was a fact that Adam never tried to hide (he always said he “found an arrangement” that he liked). But when he added his own special spin to these arrangements, as only Adam seems to be able to do, magic happened, and his versions of these songs transcended their predecessors. Perhaps, to each his own, but as someone who has been rather disappointed in the commercial music industry for decades, I believe him to be the most talented, exciting artist to appear on the scene in a very, very long time. You can’t please all of the people, all of the time, but I believe that we are witnessing the birth of a superstar of global proportions when we watch Adam.

May 5, 2009 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Adam supporter

Adam is simply the best of the best as Tina Turner would say. I love Adam and all of you who dis Adam are just jealous!

May 5, 2009 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Lol @ Dream out loud

Please tell me that you didn't compare Led Zeppelin with Adam Lambert, you should never write or say what you think in the future.

May 5, 2009 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  9. terri

GO DANNY, GO !!! You are the best.

hummmm, who will go home tomorrow night? Allison? we will have to wait and see, won't we?

May 5, 2009 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  10. joni

you know...... Adam is a bit creepy sometimes, with the way his eyes follow the camera around! He's handsome, but weird. his singing is too loud and screamish for me. I vote for Kris, or Danny, they are the BEST to be IDOL. Good luck guys. I'll be watching tonight.

May 5, 2009 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  11. gramma

why do they "fix" this every year.. just like with Daughtrey ! Adam is good, but not good enough to be the next IDOL... he screams and shrieks too much. Kris and Danny are wonderful, they are my choices.

May 5, 2009 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Dream Out Loud

To all those people who dismiss Adam for his "shrieking", I think you are missing 2 important things:

1) when he doesn't "shriek," his voice is near perfect. many songs have slow/quiet sections and faster/louder sections. his slow/quiet is perfect.

2) more importantly, while he may be shrieking or screaming, it is ALWAYS 100% in control. There's nothing wrong with a shriek while singing (Led Zeppelin/Robert Plant made a career out of it) but it comes down to whether you are under control when you do it. Adam is completely under control.

those of you who can't see that are really missing out.

May 5, 2009 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Leslie

Bottom line, Adam needs to go...go and sign his record contract and be done with it already! GO DANNY!!!!!

May 5, 2009 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Pete

Thomas, thanks for telling us nothing we don't already know about the muse version. One thing is obviously clear, if you were actually musically literate you would acknowledge Adam's talent a lot more instead of making insults that aren't clever or original!

May 5, 2009 at 7:22 am | Report abuse |
  15. meredithNYC

all of u who can't stand to look at him ought to take a good look at yourselves. . . but since that's unlikely, ever listen to those studio downloads? even with that generic band behind him, songs like "feeling good" - which i'm sure is no one's favorite performance or genre - is pretty amazing. as for the screeching complaints, i hope they do some guns n roses this week just to remind people that being able to master those really high notes (which he already does nearly as well as the best of them) is a hallowed rock tradition.

May 4, 2009 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Jeremy

It was done for the same exact reasoning that he performs last every week – the AI producers want people to stay tuned in for the whole hour. Once Lambert is safe or has performed, I turn the TV off...

May 4, 2009 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  17. daniel

I think people are fed up with his theatrical performances. Who wants to hear him singing on an album?

May 4, 2009 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Peter Loewy

The real talent up there is Danny. He may not have the slickness of Adam, but his talent is indisputable. The strongest voice up there. He has never appeared on a Broadway stage so he might not have the experience that a "professional performer" like Lambert has, but he's got style, he's exciting and he know how to interpret a lyric.
    He gets my vote hands down!

May 4, 2009 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Ken

I'm not denying that Adam is very talented, but he's quite weird, if not macabre...I get chills every time I watch him sing, and not in a good way. I would let him go next, no offense to anyone out there. I just think he's in the wrong competition...he'll be a great match for American Weirdo or something close to that.

May 4, 2009 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Franky

You know, I would like to be clear that I feel like this on EVERY, I mean, EVERY show on T.V...Desperate Housewives, the sexy Cougar, etc, every show, every damn show. I'm sure you know Dr. Drew, right? I mean, who doesn't but I think he believes that reality shows are bad or something like that. I ain't gonna say reality shows are bad, I'm gonna say reality shows are a (beeping) waste of time. The only show I like was the one on ABC where they hooked the nice people with houses, that's probably it. Dancing with the Stars...heh. And by the way, I know how to dance, I'm good, I don't need to promote myself and get dancing lessons just to show that I can dance...anybody can do it!! You know who taught me?? Girls, O.K? Girls when I was young. I'm telling you, I wasn't the guy who tried hard and looked for the best and tried hard, I was that guy who was shy and didn't really ask questions, that's who I was. I didn't learn how to dance because I choose to, I was taught, plus, my family loves to get down, they get buckwild...I mean, I do have 7 sister's so yeah, LOL!!

Even the MTV shows for that matter, is all a waste of time. And Octumom...god I hate her!!!! I don't abhor her, let's just say BUT she is an idiot, O.K? A part of me wants me care because of the kids and I do wish her the best and believe it or not, my sister's too BUT what I don't like is he intentions, her stances, motives, etc. I just don't like how she is doing it, I just don't, they are kids!! And as for Radar Online...go tell em to go f- themselves!! Sorry, but I'm pretty much giving you a good idea about my perception towards Hollywood...

I will admit, I got love for Hollywood, I do, I got love for em. They got some of the greatest actors in the world, smartest people, and as a matter of fact, my love lives in Hollywood(internet love, LOL!!), etc. I got love for it, I do BUT my problem is a lots and lots of things. I know they are good people over there, I know, and even some nice couples who do it the right way, I'll admit.

I will admit is because I'm a conservative, I have a different perception and perspective. And since I'm the young generation, TRUST ME, I ain't shy no more, LOL!!!

But I guess if Hollywood got the numbers, then let em do what they gotta do...but I would like to point out is that even though I voted for my boy and I am protecting him, I know Hollywood LOVES my boy, I know they do but sorry Hollywood, I ain't a liberal or even moderate, I might talk like one but I will tell you what I believe in just like now, that's when I'll tell the truth. I know Hollywood loves my boy, they admire him BUT let's just say I would like to show em a few pointers in this game of politics...

So, A.J and Brooke....you think Hollywood will hook it up with that contract then? LOL!!!

Ohh come on Hollywood, you know you want me, you know I love you guys...I am a very comely person, LOL!!!

Later guys, take care!! And don't worry, it ain't nothing personal, I do this with everybody, trust me...just hook it up with that contract and you'll be safe, LOL!!! I can make you powerful, think about it...LOL!!!

Later guys, take care!

May 4, 2009 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  21. claire

why is it so shocking that he was in the bottom 3. He is over the top and wednesday's screeching was not his best

May 4, 2009 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Franky

Wow...it is cool being a critic, LOL!!!

Come on Hollywood, you know what me, you know want me bad...don't lie.

May 4, 2009 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Franky

You know, I have nothing against Idol, I don't BUT they do promote propaganda, I believed I wrote my crazy analysis. I personally don't like their message, motive, and even goal for this, I think is unethical, I think is uncalled for and most importantly, I think is disrespectful. I don't need to show you what I mean throughout the years, I don't but I will say that show is not about who's the best or who's gonna succeed or have a better career, it ain't, is about choosing only ONE, I repeat, ONE person who either the people choose. So, all these contestants and all these people trying out, is all staged, is all planned. And when a winner is chosen, guess what? The runner up or the person that everybody feels bad for gets hooked up!! Whatever happen to the last 10 or the last 20 who were there before that person?? And what, huh? You're gonna tell me because that's the way it is and sometimes things don't go as planned, huh? I think is a joke, I think it is and most importantly, a waste of time.

You guys are basically watching a fashion show, that's what it is, you look for the best and quite unfortunately, you hope for the best and that's quite sad, you try too hard...way toooo hard. You don't praise people for who they are or how good they are or even special, you praise people for what they're not...that's like me dissing my friend because he's not good in sports and regardless how much he tries, he just ain't good and we might as well do it like the Spartans and send him in the black hole on the ground and let anything take him...

I guess what I'm trying to say is you are not an equal show, I truly believed that, I got evidence and numbers to back it up. I don't care about conspiracies or gossip, I don't believe in that crap, I don't got time for that. I have to see Paula Abdul for crying out loud so who cares.

All I'm saying is YOU, yes, YOU can watch the crazy Idol entertainment show where the ratio is higher losing a dream than ever realizing you had one...

May 4, 2009 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Aaron

"Bottom" two does not mean that he/she is the "second lowest vote getter". Listen to how they say it.... They have never once in the eight years said "you got the second lowest votes". They have always been VERY careful what and how they say things. This is no different. This is, in part, a reality show. They want the talk and drama! And let's face it, it is not quite as entertaining without Adam.

May 4, 2009 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  25. Beth

Let's face it, all of you LAMBS out there...the COUNT was the TRUTH! ! Adam is more of a Broadway showman and he seemed to shriek rather than sing, during much of his last judged preformance!

May 4, 2009 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  26. Lorri

If you read his bio, Adam belongs on Broadway because that's what he DOES~!! He's been on the road tour of Wicked. Personally, I think AI has gotten away from it's original premise - to find raw, undiscovered, talented AMATURES and give them a dream shot. Adam is by no means an amature by any stretch.

May 4, 2009 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  27. Yasmine from Egypt

Adam is the Best Performer.... a star already with very high potential recording sales, and that will make him the winner. It has nothing to do with voice... he is not the best singer.

May 4, 2009 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  28. Belinda Zardis

If Adam Lambert comes in the bottom 2 or 3 again, I will never watch American Idol again, as Adam Lambert is by far the best singer that American Idol har ever had. One can compare him to Freddie Mercury and Elvis Presley. Go for it Adam!!

May 4, 2009 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  29. Thomas

Adam's clever rendition of 'Feeling Good' was just a poor imitation of Muse's version of the song from Origin of Symmetry. If people were a little more musically literate, they'd see he's a talented but relatively unoriginal camp-meister.

May 1, 2009 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  30. J. Adele Grover

Shame on American Idol.
    They have the most talented young man that has ever appeared on the long running and very successful American Idol show. If it was not for Adam Lambert I would not be setting Tuesday night aside. I am excited to see just what he will do next, so I will continue to watch and hope they will not pull another stunt like that.
    I believe that Adam Lambert has such a kind heart and is concerned for all his fellow contestants that American Idol does not know how to handle it.

April 30, 2009 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Dot Green

Adam is so far above the rest of the pack it is ridiculous. Is this another season repeat of American Idol? Where the one that really deserves the win- doesn't win? Sure the others can sing – but he is a find that doesn't come along very often. Why not reward him with the win – for the sheer fact that he is the best!

April 30, 2009 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  32. jc

if people don't care, why are they posting. go find something you actually care about and post a meaningful comment there. losers.

i can believe adam was bottom 3, but definitely not bottom 2. they put kris in safety first for two reasons–to get people talking and to urge adam fans to vote next week.

April 30, 2009 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  33. anonymous1

Adam is talented, but I can't stand to watch him. Everything about him seems fake – just a show – not authentic at all. He belongs on Broadway (not meant as a put down. I love Broadway). He is not the American Idol. I was glad to see him in the bottom 2. I think it was legit.

April 30, 2009 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Meredith

American Idol has some great entertainers and talent!!! Adam Lambert is an artist and an entertainer. However the show itself at times is insulting. Ryan asking Adam to select the group he was in... was a pitiful ploy for twelve-year-old sensibilities.

Simon and Paula act like needy children as the singers belt their hearts out. The camera mercifully turns away from that disrespect.

Hopefully talent will survive despite the ploys of the producers. Adam can go anywhere now...the only one I would pay money to see perform on stage.

It is always a mistake to assume the American public is juvenile and stupid. The young singers are learning a lot about the mean business world...nothing new!

April 30, 2009 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Allison

He's gorgeous?????????? Have you taken a good look at his skin when they show a closeup? PIZZA FACE!! No amount of makeup can cover that disaster up.

April 30, 2009 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Sherie

I can respect Adam's talent – but I would never vote for him – he is a bit much for me. Go Danny!

April 30, 2009 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Ken Miller

Fixed? Conspiracy? Didn't anybody else see what I saw? How about that little secrect signal Paula gave with her finger and nose when the bottom 3 anouncement was made? Don't tell me that was innocent.

April 30, 2009 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  38. joan

I cannot understand why the most popular contestant on AI could wind up in the bottom 2 unless, of course, all of his fans took the voting for granted. I will be right there after the show next week casting my vote for Adam because I know he will rock the show as he usually does. The other contestants, sorry to say, don't really matter. Adam has what it takes to be an artist. He is a natural.

April 30, 2009 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Lynn

Like we're supposed to act surprised??? Everyone is beginning to hate Lambert and his tree full of monkeys screeching and screaming ALL THE TIME!!! I mean, come on, enough already. It's old and boring and shows he is not as talented as most morons believe he is. I really hope he gets the boot! I'm sick of him! Go do the Wizard of Oz on Broadway. He'd make a terrific Dorothy.

April 30, 2009 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Allison

Maybe people are finally getting tired of Adam's over the top theatrical performances. Yes he is fun to watch but is he really going to sell records? Think Taylor Hicks, he was fun and exciting to watch too and look how that has turned out. Adam needs to head to Las Vegas and be a performer in some show.

April 30, 2009 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Bill

I'll add my 2c as if anyone cares or reads them all. I think he's a great singer, but I voted for Danny G because he was most-improved (in my opinion), and I figured everybody else would be voting for Adam anyway (BTW, I think Allison is better, but that's just me). I don't see any conspiracy as it's the American Way to vote for the underdog – don't you believe it's possible this can happen?

April 30, 2009 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Brian

Fox did it so that people would pick up the phones next week and vote for adam, thereby making much more mula!

April 30, 2009 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Paisley Puma

Um, no one in the HISTORY of American Idol even comes CLOSE to the amount of talent that Adam is graced with. If he doesn't win, the show is for SURE fixed. This is ridiculous.

April 30, 2009 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Rob

Ok. I am a trained musician and I think Danny was the best this week. Adam did a couple nice things in his performance, but he is very "gimmicky". He has nothing besides his ability to screech in tune, and while I can appreciate how tough that is, I would not want to listen to a whole album of it. The novelty has worn off and Adam has become predictable. That's why he was in the bottom two. There is no conspiracy, he just didn't do as well as the others this week.

April 30, 2009 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Ray

audrey has it dead on. Only Adam fans love Adam. I'm betting that the vast majority of people who are not Adam fans will vote for anybody BUT him if their favorite is eliminated. Count me as one of those because I absolutely cannot stand Adam's screeching 80's hairband style at all. Thank God for my mute button every time he is on.

April 30, 2009 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Maria

This is what I have to say. Adam could not possibly get in the bottom 3 after all of his amazing performances. I think that putting Adam in the bottom 3 was a stunt to get more people to watch the show. Why wouldn't Adam win? He is an amazing singer and he is HOT. He is the single best thing to ever happen th American Idol!

April 30, 2009 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Clipper

That's what I said last week about Matt; did they jockey him around in the same manner? We the public will nvr know for sure. What we need to ask ourselves is with both anoop & lil gone, to whom did those votes xfer this week? Could that in itself made the difference. Perhaps viewers are getting tired of Adam's style; for me, a little of that goes a very long way. I'd be nutz if I listened to a wholle album of his stuff.

April 30, 2009 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Ken

...there are people left who still care about this embarassment to Television? Really?

April 30, 2009 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  49. si

I think the results were correct...except....I am not really feeling Chris. He is a real cutie but as far as his singing....well...for me, he just does not have the VOICE...to compete with the others...I think next week will be his last. Adam's performance this week was not as impressive as as the top two, who were great! Danny blew me away....he looked GREAT! I thought he was #1 and Allison was a close 2nd (her attire looked better but she still needs a fashion advisor...) Also, it's time for Adam to show us something else other than his "SCREAM". We have heard it a million times and it's getting a little old (although, i still think that he has the best voice and he is the most artistic).

I like Danny the best, though!

April 30, 2009 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  50. D A H

It is hard to imagine all of you people that are complaining about the theatrics of an artist/singer. CD sales are falling, digital downloads do not show dramatic year to year increases. Theatrics seem to be where the artists are still making the money. Madonna is an example. She is not the best vocal singer around, but through her theatrics/drama both in personal life and on stage, she is one of the top performers. KEEP VOTING for your CONTESTANT!

April 30, 2009 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Aaron

Who cares! You either love or hate AI. Adam being in the bottom two or three isn't going to make more people vote or watch. Everyone knows that Adam & Danny will be signed before the year's up, win or lose. That's what makes the show so great. If you are truly talented you will be rewarded.

April 30, 2009 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Dorothy

I think most people think Adam is a "shoe-in" as the winner and half of them probably didn't bother to vote because of it. The same thing happened on Dancing With the Stars.
    It is the fans voting that determines who will win ands who will go home. Whoever your favorite contestant is......VOTE.

April 30, 2009 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Melody

I guess I must be the only one that pays attention...each year, at the week when 5 contestants are left standing, there is always a shocker. If you notice, there is no outside source counting the votes (until the final 2 that is). Fox always sets this up to get that many more people speculating about the show. Talk and watchers means more $$$ for Fox when it comes to advertising. I'm never surprised any more, as they do this every single year.

April 30, 2009 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Amy

I completely agree with everyone who says that Adam is majorly annoying. His voice is awful, I would seriously get into an accident if his screeching voice was played over the radio as I drove in my car. I believe that the non-adam fans are non-adam fans for a reason. They can't stand him and will vote for other people that are not adam once their favorites are kicked off. Personally, after Simon's stupid comments about how bad Allison's performance was I decided to vote, which I never do, because you can totally tell that they are pushing adam for the win, even at the expense of other contestants who are far more talented. If anything, shame on the adam fans who are trying to subject us to his undoubtedly shriek-filled american idol win song.

April 30, 2009 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  55. chuck

All of you Adam fans might consider how much better off he would be if he didn't win; seems like non-winners – outside of Lekky and Carrie and maybe Fantasia – are doing better than winners. Like Daughtry and Hudson, for example. Unlike a lot of you, I'd actually like to see him not win – just to take that "AI winner" stigma off his back – I think it would better for him now that he has gotten this far. just MHO.

April 30, 2009 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Kelly

Adam is hands down the best artist to ever compete on A.I. The others have good vocals but the dont have the Star quality the he has! He would sell more tickets to a concert than any of the others because he is so exciting to watch! He pours his heart and soul into every song! We have not had this kind of enthusiam for an artist in so long! He makes us feel good at a time when there are so many problems in our world! He deserves to win! He is Amazing!

April 30, 2009 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Tonyae

BTW, I am a trained musician, and still think Adam screeches way too much! I also never vote for him. For the person who says the best singer never wins obcviously wasn't watching the year that Carrie Underwood won. Also, the year that Jordin Sparks won was very close. Melinda Doolittle was equal to Jordin. Also, last year the two Davids were equal only in different genres and age groups.

April 30, 2009 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Mary in Maryland

My thoughts.... it makes sense that the folks who were voting for Anoop and/or Lil might not vote for Adam. (Different style, less "wholesome" image, etc.) So... perhaps those votes went to Kris and Danny?

April 30, 2009 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Tonyae

Also, he is wayyyyyyy too cocky!! The way he carried himself down those stairs on Tuesday night was arrogant. Danny and Chris are equally as good as Adam only sing different types of music and don't scream as much. They are humble and kind men. I guarantee that none of the other 4 contestants would have actually chosen a group to belong in. It served him right! He thinks he is all that and he just got brought down a few notches...

April 30, 2009 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  60. DWAL

It doesn't surprise me that Adam ended up in the bottom two. Although we're not as vocal as the Adam fans, there are a lot of us out here who have never understood the appeal. I certainly recognize that Adam is probably the most talented of the Top 13. However, to me (and some others like me) he has squandered that talent in most over-the-top, screachy performances.

Even after everyone praised his subdued performane of the Tears for Fears song (sorry, I cannot remember the title) I was scratching my head because all I heard was a so-so falsetto performance.

I certaintly don't dislike Adam but I would really like to see him put together a decent performance and not one that is just a display of vocal fireworks.

April 30, 2009 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  61. jonesy

Conspiracy in American Idol? There's a shock. That show has been rigged since day 1. People are too wrapped up in the hype to notice what goes on behind the curtains, and that's who the producers of the show market the show to: clueless, shallow individuals. Remember people, this is television, not reality.

April 30, 2009 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Kareen

Give me a break
    Of course it was fixed
    Adam came first again and to make it a contest, they sent him down to the second lowest.
    No other singer on that show comes even close to Adam Lamberts singing and performing.

April 30, 2009 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Bernadette

I'm sorry, but I for one have question. That is if Adam should even be in the American Idol competition. He has been on broadway for how long. To me that makes him a professional and not in contention.

April 30, 2009 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Ed

It's probably a media stunt. I'm still hoping he gets booted, we don't need any guy-trying-to-look-female stars. He's not that good anyway.

April 30, 2009 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Frank Hunter

This was staging at its best – or should I say its worst. You don't need to be a Philadelpia lawyer to figure out that Fox and/or Ryan Seacrest are hoping the fans will flip out and they want to make sure that more people watch "Idol" next week and more people vote. Everybody and I mean EVERYBODY knows Adam Lambert is this year's "Idol" winner. I'm insulted that the show is trying to manipulate its viewers. After this year's "Idol" is finished, I won't be watching "Idol" ever again, UNLESS the show apologizes for this blunder on next week's show.

April 30, 2009 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  66. joe

Yeah he's a good singer but he laid the drama on pretty thick this week. I'm not surprised he didn't get as many votes, while he sang well, I wanted his stage tricks and facial expressions to just be over. Get over the conspiracy theories.

April 30, 2009 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  67. EC Williams

Adam is talented, but lately he has been wearing an obnoxious smug grin as he performs. He is also becoming more blatently flamboyant. I think the combination may have turned off some folks.

April 30, 2009 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Bernie

I read this story on a lark, and one thing still strikes me. Is THIS America who is watching this show? Boy, I could be more productive straightening my stereo wires or something...I admit I only watch about 5 hr of TV total each week, but do you folks actually use your time and energy to watch the show, let alone make comments like I've read? For God sakes, move away from the TV!!!

April 30, 2009 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Janet

American Idol is based on phone calls, not internet hits. Adam is extremely theatrical and can sing-somewhat. Kris, Allison and Danny are all better than Adam. I can't wait to see him get kicked off the show. And by the way, why would any one wear tennis shoes when they are trying to rock-Born to be Wild is the ultimate biker song not the goober wanna be song. Last but not least, why does Adam feel it is necessary to scream some of the notes instead of sing some of the notes.

April 30, 2009 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Garry

I told my wife Tuesday that they'd put Adam in the bottom 2 for Wednesday's show. It's so transparent it's not funny. It's the only way they can keep people interested–he's just too damn good for the others. They'll all make good money with their careers, but he'll go Platinum out of the gates, if not more. Sure as heck, he was in the bottom 2. Adam is Secretariat, and the rest are all workhorses. Adam, IMO, the best Idol contestant ever...no one's close at this point.

Having him *choose* which group he'd pick was a complete joke. Anyone with half a brain knows Adam's going to win this. This kid's a star already.

April 30, 2009 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  71. noj

Please, folks, let's not dis one contestant's fans as being stupid or ignorant of music because we don't appreciate their favorite. All five have very large fan bases, and with good reason. They are all good, and they all have something unique of themselves to offer. You like Adam? Good for you, he's brilliant. You like Danny? Good for you, he's charming and has a great voice. You like Allison? The girl rocks and is a perky, bubbly, adorable mess. You like Kris? He's a talented musician with a nice voice, plus he's cute and probably one of the nicest people around, much less the nicest contestant.

These are all kids on that stage, pouring their hearts out every week. They are trying to achieve their dream, and I give them kudos, and I also appreciate all of them for giving me so much entertainment from week to week.

With five contestants left, it is true that it's anyone's game. I do find it hard to believe that Adam was in the bottom two. Bottom three – POSSIBLY, since I know tons of people who voted for Allison in addition to their favorite, whether that favorite was Kris, Adam or Danny, because they like her and feel she doesn't get a fair shake from the judges. But once everyone starts voting for their favorites and only their favorites, I fear it will be Allison next on the chopping block.

Adam in the bottom two? I don't believe it for a second. I still think he's going to be the ultimate winner in a Danny and Adam finale.

April 30, 2009 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Julie

I think Adam in the bottom two was a stunt to get people to watch the show. None of the judges last night were upset at all. In the past they would be very upset when one of the top rated idol was in the bottom two. It's like they new what was going to happen.

April 30, 2009 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Pat

I think something is wrong for Adam to be in the bottom 3. He is totally awesome. I would love to hear him sing an Elvis song.

April 30, 2009 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Sue

Adam lost me this week with that last note–his mouth wide open and his tongue sticking out. What WAS that?

April 30, 2009 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  75. James

Adam Lambert is a star; the total package – absolutely entertaining!When he breaks from idol, and becomes the frontman for himself or a band, look for the stratosphere. That is where you will find him. When he tours, people will be laying their wallets down. Someday, Adam Lambert will fall into the ranks of mick and jim. This is a simple case of tic toc. Will anyone seriously be willing to put down some benjamins to see Danny, Matt or Kris?

Alison -yes. She is another for-real serious talent, and she's 17.

One of the core themes of American Idol is MANIPULATION – start to finish. What is the greatest aphrodisiac? Control of course. Please tell me you believe that there is not some serious effort being put forth to lead us down a particular path to create drama and hype. We all know better.

As someone else already stated. Last nights cookery by American Idol was simply desperation fueled by greed. "Very bad move, guys."
    Suicide for American Idol will not be painless.

April 30, 2009 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Joseph

Sorry is one of the best singers I have ever heard on this program. He will definitely get a recording contract, if that hasn't happened already. No reason to really worry!

April 30, 2009 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  77. bhebbs

Adam at the bottom 3 c'mmon. Who are you kidding. – GIMMICK by AI so that everybody will tune in next week and vote some more. Purely GIMMICK for ratings sake.

April 30, 2009 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  78. another idol fan

*laughs*

you guys are nuts. Wouldn't it be a wonderful way to *get back* at the theories flying – if no one tossed one vote for anyone. If everyone got nothing one week....just one –

What would they do then???

i have been an Adam fan – but i am seeing that he is a Broadway performer- not a record seller. We have had idol winners become nothing but Broadway singers. Nothing wrong with being a Broadway singer – -but not the true goal of this show. Perhaps, the american people are starting to listen and watch with different eyes. Perhaps, they are voting with more than their popular vote opinion.

April 30, 2009 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  79. pat

Why is it so odd that Adam was in the bottom 3? He's been in my bottom 3 since the beginning. He needs to go directly to theatre and stop the singing, since he is so theatrecial.

April 30, 2009 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Phl420

Adam Lambert will out sell every other idol success story by a factor of two when he is launched and his star quality will not fade as some other idol contestant winners have after the first year, so who cares if he was in the bottom three or not this week.
    This has been the Adam Lambert show for weeks and there is no reason why it will change. Next week when Slash is the mentor and he (Adam) sings his version of Sweet Child o Mine or November Rain it will be all but over. Even more so if he picks a good Queen song like Find me somebody (to love).

April 30, 2009 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Geo

He sucks!!! Vote him off!!!!!

April 30, 2009 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  82. SFLA

I like him but realize that it would be to his benefit to get booted off early. Do you think, as winner, he'd really want to sing the crap that AI will make him sing under their contract? That's not him. Many of the folks who got booted off early, i.e. Daughtry, Hudson, etc., did better than the Idols themselves. That's why Kelly Clarkson dumped the AI recording contract as soon as she could.

April 30, 2009 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  83. james

ive said this before on here they don't look at the votes to see who goes home. look at the credits at the end it up to the producers as to go home. it was fixed and always be fixed

April 30, 2009 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Donovan

Fixed? You mean people are actually opening their eyes and waking up? American Idol has been "on the fix" for YEARS. This wouldn't be the first or last time. There's a huge number of us who have stopped watching the show altogether because "the fix is in". It's undeniable. FIXED FIXED FIXED!!!!!

April 30, 2009 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  85. jan dixon

There is no denying that Adam has talent bu tone of the main things the judges talk about is being different and putting your onw print on a song however, I think Adam might have done that in the beginning but for me he is just sounding the same and you know what he is going to do-scream a lot!!!! I think the judges need to stop making comments about him being the next American Idol and that he has it!!! All of the top 5 have good voices and I just find it very irrating that they try to infulence the vote. Yes, comment on the perfromance but leave it at that!!! Stop commenting about a "particular" person being the best and having the competion sewed up...

April 30, 2009 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Matt B.

Um... Go Kris!?

April 30, 2009 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  87. james

little broadwayish for the most part from Adam. He is not the best. The girl is.

April 30, 2009 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Rob W

Adam screams during every song-–I'm so bored with how predictable he is -–maybe many others are too--and he did end up in the bottom two!

April 30, 2009 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  89. chris

uhm, Jennifer Hudson was not that popular when she appeared on the show. Idol only has become enamored of her because of her stunning success. There was NOT the uproar that she was booted that week as there was with Tamyra Gray (season 1) or Chris Daughtrey (season, um 5? 6?). The outrage was that Jennifer, Fantasia and LaToya London were all in the bottom 3 that week.

I eyeroll at these conspiracy theories. Geez people get a life, its not like the producers and the judges have not been pimping Adam all along.

April 30, 2009 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  90. GTM

Adam will win. He is the most talented of all. The others are great but they are not even close to Adam's ability to take a song and turn it into his own. He has an incredible voice and he is soooo handsome. I love to just look at him. He should win on his looks alone. LOL
    All of the contestants that are left will end up with contracts. They are all very talented. I think that Adams fans got to confident (like me) and did not vote. I also believe that fans for the other contestants are so scared that their person wont win that they say negative things about Adam trying to justify why so many people like him. My advise to those people is to focus on the person they like and not the one they don't.

April 30, 2009 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  91. JR of Kentucky

I have always been for Adam since he first opened his mouth to sing his first song on Idol. He is without a doubt the best performer and vocalist. I was disgusted and shocked by the outcome Wednesday night when he was "placed" in the bottom two. I still don't believe Fox, but assuming it is true, then I am partly to blame. You see, I thought that Adam had it all sewed up and could easily win without my votes. I have been too complacent and not bothered to vote. HOW WRONG I HAVE BEEN! This won't happen to me again. I will make sure that I vote as many times as I can within those two hours after the shows. I hope all his fans get the WAKE-UP CALL also and will do the same. If Danny were to beat Adam, that would be like McCain beating Obama. That's unimaginable isn't it?

April 30, 2009 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  92. KLRT4762

Did anyone ever stop to think that this is a singing contest and not an acting contest. Danny, Kris and Allison go out there and wear their heart on their sleeves and you know who they are and it's coming from the heart. Adam is a showman, everything is just a big theatrical performance, with the exception of Mad World, where there was no drama or snickering for the camera or the insane high note that he hits that really sounds like a sick bird and is not appealing. Maybe people are fed up with the "act". Look we know he can sing and has a wonderful voice, but really is all the theatrics necessary. There was a time when Simon would say to a contestant, that was very "broadway" and he didn't mean it in a good way. Why this year is there a double standard. Give me the Danny, Allison or Kris anyday, what you see is what you get – they are real people. Did you see how cocky he was assuming that he was in the top 3. It was priceless, he didn't know what to do. Also did you ever notice that when they are all in a group, horsing around or just have fun being silly, Adam is really not looking like he is very connected to them. He's always in the background when he knows that the cameras are on. At least he is not wearing the guy liner and nail polish so much.

April 30, 2009 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  93. 50 yo+ female Adam FAN!!!!!

All I can say is if this is due to anti-gay bigotry, my beautiful 13 year old daughter will NEVER forgive America for it! At least the judges seemed genuinely shocked when he was shown to be in the bottom two which makes me think it was NOT rigged!
    Adam is clearly the most uniquely talented individual American Idol has ever had the great fortune to stumble upon! He's a glorious hybrid between Jim Morrison, Elvis Presley, Roy Orbison and Al Cooper!!! Even at my age, I CANNOT wait to see what ADAM comes up with next and YES, I may actually go out and buy his CD, something I have not done in MANY years for ANY music! I will triple vote next week with at least three cell phones going on redial!!!

Honestly, Danny Gokey is BORING! I don't get it>

April 30, 2009 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Buddy Ochoa

I believe Bill O'Reilly's implication that a "gay" shouldn't be American Idol and telling people that vote counts swayed voters not to vote for Adam and a vote for the "Christian" would be better...I'm just sayin'... O'Reilly is a sleaze bag...

April 30, 2009 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Deborah

Adam has a beautiful voice. His performance on rat pack night was actually not my favorite, but the song in it's entirety off itunes is perfection. I do think the night was manipulated because the other singers are probably thinking they don't have a chance on the Adam Lambert Show. They want to give viewers the impression of suspense at the performers' expense. What a terrible think to do to Adam who gives his heart and soul to each performance and is a wonderful person besides.

April 30, 2009 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  96. theluzah

I'm just pissed that I didn't help my Adam this week more than I did. I split my votes between him and Allison, because I didn't want her to go home this week. I'm almost leaning toward the conspiracy theory as well, though ... he is SO loved out here in Fan Land, there is no way he was in the bottom two/three. I mean ... right?

Either way, I'll never do that again ... ADAM LAMBERT FTW!

April 30, 2009 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Rachel

I know all these shows are planned and pre-decided; but do these young contestants know what in the hell they're getting themselves into? Are they told in advance? I think not. I think it should be against the law to have these shows on or at least against the law not to tell contestants the truth before they sign their young lives away, but then that's capitalism; make billions at the expense of everyone and anyone.

April 30, 2009 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Bing

Okay, when Adam did that key modulation towards the end of his song this week so beautifully and expertly, I knew he is far ahead than the rest. But only a trained musician, which I am, would see that, not the AI voters! So, understand why he may not win. In American Idol, the winner is NEVER the best singer!

April 30, 2009 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Beth

Only will watch until Adam leaves and then I'll surf the net to find him. This was a good show but after this watching a show that manipulate the ways things go and not how they really go means the show is fake and I wouldn't be able to trust them. It kind of takes the fun out. The way Ryan played that elimanation was the most unclassy thing I've seen. NO IDOL=NO BS

April 30, 2009 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Kyla

interesting, michelle from colorado, i actually found danny to be yelling out of control, like he almost always does, while adam was trying very hard to keep his theatrics under control. i gotta say he didn't do the best job at it, but it looked like he really was taking the whole 'too theatrical' thing into consideration and was pulling himself back for most of the performance, so much so that he looked rigid (i guess except the last couple notes). i love adam, but he did look rather rigid this week, and i do suspect it is him desparately trying to suppress his inner broadway this week. look at his other performances, this week he was definitely suppressing himself, but again, didn't quite master it.

April 30, 2009 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Vince

AI voters are NOT musicians and wouldn’t know a really good singer from a so-so one. You have to be musically adept to hear that Adam hits about 98% of his notes accurately while the rest are somewhere in the 85%. In short, musicians know that Adam is way way ahead so far as singing is concerned. AI voters are guided by “other factors”.

April 30, 2009 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Aaron

It's just so funny each week to read all the Adam haters comments.

All of them are entirely wrong and have no clue what they are talking about. The only accurate thing they ever post is that they do not like him. These people are clearly very narrow minded when it comes to music which is why I can dismiss each and every one of them. Their opinions are obviously not worth the bandwidth it took to make them.

It's fine not to like him, but to not recognize his talent and the fact that he so much better than everyone else show how ignorant they all are.

But keep posting about him becasue I like to laugh and you all provide hours of laughter.

April 30, 2009 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Cliff

I hate to tell anyone but Adam is only popular with a small crowd. His screeching is terrible to anyone with a musical ear. He's actually kind painful to listen to. His theatrics are best described as Simon said "I feel like I'm watching the Rocky Horror Picture Show". Therein lies some fact. Adam is only ever going to be capable of having a cult following.
    Sorry girls don't get to excited about him. He's also obviously gay!

April 30, 2009 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Lauren

I've always been skeptical that the last 2 left standing really are the bottom 2 as far as votes. It is implied as the article said, but it's never explicitly been stated that the "safe" contestant is the 3rd from the bottom and not the next to last. Fox is smart, I think, to keep everyone guessing on the logistics. Long live Lambert!

April 30, 2009 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  105. tim armitage

Let's not be naive about it. Why would they not rig things at times to toy with viewers' likes and dislikes? In the end the show is there to make money.

April 30, 2009 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  106. McCoy

I really feel like Adam was not in the bottom two, and that this was partly for drama. However, this made the competition a little unfair, as now...Adam fans will be more likely to vote for him for fear he'll end up at the bottom-more so than those who normally vote for other contestants. I would love to hear that was not the case-just because it does bother me! I tend to think they want him to win-because he WILL be famous, which is good for Idol. Very dissapointed....though..I am an Adam fan-he is very talented. Just make it fair!

April 30, 2009 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Denise M.

I cannot stand this Adam guy. He is so egotistical and cocky. I was jumping up and down when he made bottom three last night. I don't think he should be in the competition because he is not an amateur. He has been in the musical Rent for cryin' out loud. This competition is for regular people like you and me. They disqualified one girl cause she had a recording contract already. I think Adam should have been disqualified from the beginning. I think he screams his songs. Sounds like crapola.

April 30, 2009 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Stacy

I am also not surprised he was in the bottom. His shrieking week after week is on my last nerve. I don't care if he's gay, I just want him to stop the screeching! Broadway is perfect for him. My fingers are crossed he goes next week. I certainly don't think the show is fixed. They are already number 1 week after week. You can't do better than that.

April 30, 2009 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Fred L. Fraud

Guessing the woodsmen in Idaho forgot to call in and vote?

April 30, 2009 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Megan

I think that Adam being in the bottom 3 wasn't so shocking. The thing about him is that he is obviously really talented but I think that a lot of people will consider him "way out there" and "over the top". I think that his screaching type performances can be a turn off to a lot of people. Not everyone is in to the whole Gene Simmons type rock n roll. When Adam had the tongue action going on at the end last night I had some really bad flashbacks and a Gene Simmons want-a-be. I think Allison and Chris remained quite by chance and I think that the frontrunner for the competition is truly Danny Gokey.

April 30, 2009 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  111. John

Adam is about 20 years past his genre's time. He could have fronted some 80's hair band. He will not fit in to any mainstream music that is on the radio today. Something like Taylor Hicks, who can't give away albums because no one is listening to Southern Rock right now.

April 30, 2009 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  112. amy

Adam is clearly the most talented artist on the show this season. I hope next week he will display what we all want from him,since it is rock week. I will definetely buy his CD,even if America is ignorant and vote him off

April 30, 2009 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  113. AB

Why do the people who claim to hate AI and Adam bother coming on here and telling everyone what a waste of time the show is? If you hate the show, don't watch it and don't participate in a conversation about it!

April 30, 2009 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Matt

Adam wasnt that good this week. Actually he is lucky, because Matt was way better than him this week.

April 30, 2009 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  115. eric

Just like the pretty school girl never gets a date because everyone assumes she has one, Adam fans assumed he would have all the votes... No way is the "fix" in...

Adam fans just have to vote...

April 30, 2009 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Carol

Hello! This is a singing competition – NO ONE can sing with the range and the vocals that Adam Lambert has. If you don't like his music, fine, but you have to admit he does have the best voice of any of the contestants. I think the number of his downloads vs. the others speaks volumes as well.

April 30, 2009 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Mitchell

Every week I vote for everyone but him, he stinks, and sings like he is in drag, meaning that its about him and the show, not the music. Nothing but a fake hollow plastic looser.

April 30, 2009 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  118. alex

How can people say that his voice is screeching. God are you people deaf? It does not get any better than this. ADAM will be the AMERICAN IDOL. And God forbid he would loose he will have more success than the winner. Remember Clay vs Ruben!

April 30, 2009 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  119. The best critic

Ok, Lisa, you shouldn't encourage people like this. Surprisingly it seems like many people lose votes based on how they sung that week. This week seemed no exception. The greatest singer alive is just another incarnation of hair metal when he screeches. His voice would be a perfect fit for Van Halen. Sometimes I feel like an Atlanta Hawks fan booing Dwayne Wade while the announcers are totally confused about why I'm booing him.

April 30, 2009 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Ashley

FYI, Adam has done some off-Broadway work for those who don't know.

April 30, 2009 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  121. andy

Who cares? Adam is screechy at best. He should have been gone after the butchering of the Johnny Cash song. He looks like an 80's kickback version of the Jonas brothers. Lets hope the Idol talent pool is better next year.

April 30, 2009 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Blow

Adam deserves to be in the bottom three. He's starting to sound like Patty Labelle.

April 30, 2009 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Chris

I believe that Kris was in the bottom two, but since he wasn't being eliminated, the show added more drama by leaving Adam with Matt. All a publicity stunt. This will just add more votes for Adam next week. This guarantees that he will be around til the end.

April 30, 2009 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Mark

Geesh, you people need to know more before you start becoming conspiracy theorists. The fact is Ryan said "this IS the bottom two tonight" to Jamie Foxx when he asked if he thought America got it right. American Idol is essentially a game show and there are federal laws regulating game shows. If they lied the American Idol producers would go to jail. Do you really think they're willing to tack that chance?

April 30, 2009 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Mark

Why a conspiracy? I hate this over-rated Adam, and so do many of my family and friends. He is made for Broadway, not pop stardom. If i voted, it would be for Gokey or Allison.

April 30, 2009 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Me

Good Lord, Lambert fans must be the most arrogant Idol fans in the history of the show. Adam was NOT the best performer Tuesday night. They all did well & who did best is up for debate. It's not like he was great & everyone else stunk (which is pretty much how Lambert fanatics describe every week's show). I guess they fit him well because he's obviously in love with himself to the extreme!

April 30, 2009 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  127. alex

it probably was a publicity stunt by Fox. I think they might be getting desperate that the show is dipping in ratings. And of course all buzz is now directed toward Britain's got talent, Susan Boyle anyone? It was indeed shocking. I cannot believe that he had the second lowest amount of votes. It could be that some viewers feel that he sing amazing every week and they simply do not vote. Whatever the case may be GIRLS we have to VOTE ten times more than we have been voting. That is that. VOTE and VOTE.

April 30, 2009 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Ashley

Jim- American Idol has been the highest rated show for years. Get a life, dude.

Personally, I love Adam. BUT, I think not winning AI would be the best thing for his career. Think Daughtry. He is wicked talented.

By the way, what does his sexual orientation have to do with anything? You can't be gay and be the American Idol??? Ridiculous.

April 30, 2009 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Adam

You people are dorks. American Idol is for talentless losers who can't write or play for themselves. When put up against true creative brilliance these "stars" shine dimmer than a keychain flashlight.

April 30, 2009 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Gerry

Could the computers/calculators have made a mistake in the tally last night? I wonder how the vote total suddenly jumped from the usual 30 million to about 50 million. Or is this due to new viewers? Perhaps the TV news report by Bill O'Reilly last week (on FOX!) condemning a possible "gay" American Idol rallied the moralists to try to block Adam from winning. I hope this wasn't a ploy by FOX to raise it's ratings. If so, the new viewers probably know nothing about Adam's musical history on or before the show. They probably also know almost nothing about the other 3 candidates prior histories or performances. I suspect they may have just voted for ANYONE but Adam. If this is so, then A.I. stops being a talent contest and becomes a popularity contest for the one who doesn't rock the boat.

April 30, 2009 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  131. SxyBrwnGrl

I'm with Steve..."trying to care but failing" and Skip..."who cares"...

April 30, 2009 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  132. CA

I don't recall Ryan ever identifying Adam as being in the bottom 2. He said he was part of the bottom 3. And then said "let's send 1 person back to safety" and that was Kris. And he said "one of these 2 guys is going home". But I don't think he ever actually said that Adam was in the "bottom 2"

April 30, 2009 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  133. jp

Am I shocked? Not even a little bit. Adam's over the top dramatic and theatrical performances combined with the makeup and ridiculous hair... hope he goes home next week. He won't though, the rock theme is right up his screeching, screaming alley. I will still keep my fingers crossed he goes home!

April 30, 2009 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Carol

Read the story, glanced at the blog, seriously people, do you not have anything better to do with your lives than worry about American Idol.

April 30, 2009 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Zivo24

Maybe all the neo-cons, right wing religious fundies and Miss California hypocrites conspired to call in and vote for everyone but him ever since they saw the pictures on his MySpace page kissing a guy.

April 30, 2009 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  136. James Casola

Wondering how Adam could end up in the bottom three? I think he is often just a little shrill. I just like guys to have a little more bass frequency in their tone. He's got all the notes, just a little darker in the tone please.

April 30, 2009 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Leslie

Adam was in the bottom two because the majority of American Idol fans realize he is a one trick pony! His songs sound the same every time....screaming and lights behind him so you can't see him. He needs to go on alreay. Everyone knows he'll get a record deal, make a one hit wonder song and then we can all catch him on Broadway in Cats or Chorus Line.........

April 30, 2009 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Nicole

I really wish he would have gone home. I am absolutely not a fan. The screeching is horrible. Although I must say he would be AWESOME on Broadway and I would go see him there even if the show stunk...but I would never in a million years sit and listen to his CD. I think even his fans would have to admit that the draw for them is his performance, not really his singing alone.

April 30, 2009 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Jeff

There is NO WAY that Adam was in the bottom 2. He is the most talented person ever to have graced the AI stage. The second I saw that Adam was in the bittom 2. I was screaming "This is fixed" This is fixed" Now today other people are saying the same thing.

April 30, 2009 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Denise Smidt

The talk I have heard is because America doesn't want him to be the next American Idol because he is gay and they would rather have Danny win because he protrays the image of an American Idol.

April 30, 2009 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Idol fan

Or maybe Bill O'Rilly fans did as he asked and made sure no one voted for Adam because of the pictures circulating?

April 30, 2009 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Steve Bevins

If Taylor Hicks can win American Idol, then Adam Lambert can certainly, although unjustly, wind up in the bottom three. I would have been more inclined to think it was a conspiracy when Hicks actually won a singing contest while straining to hit notes and having to lower keys in songs such as Jail House Rock from E to D. So, I doubt it was a conspiracy. People need to make sure they vote, wisely.

April 30, 2009 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Jane

Quite trying to analyze it – maybe, just MAYBE Adam is NOT as fabulous as everyone thinks he is. Yes, he is very talented BUT I think his personna would not last – the hair, the makeup – gee, looks an awful lot like a new Michael Jackson and we all what happened to him. My money and vote goes to Danny boy!!!

April 30, 2009 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  144. MD

Well, I know that as soon as I saw he'd landed in the bottom three I was suspicious. I still doubt that he actually scored few enough votes to land him there.

It's not like I'm some huge Adam fan–I think he's been overrated from the start–but I also think it's been obvious that he was going to make it to the top two, if not win the whole thing. The guy can sing, I'll give him that–and I feel that he is probably the best 'showman' of the whole group.
    But it is also for that reason that I don't believe he would have made the bottom three..I tend to think that the people that run Idol know that it is EXPECTED Adam is going to be safe week after week..because he always is, and I think they knew his being put at the bottom would create the most drama, so they stuck him there even if he HADN'T been voted there. Matt and Kris may have been the bottom two, but knowing Matt was likely the one to go anyway, they stuck Adam there just to freak out his fans.
    And they did!

I'm still rooting for Danny myself–but I know Adam is definitely the most likely to be voted the winner in the end.
    Adam seems fairly grounded from what I can tell in watching his reactions, but knowing that he is THE most talked about contestant, I would imagine he isn't above thinking he's untouchable.

But hey, if nothing else, maybe it will have humbled both he and his fans to know that he ISN'T always at the top..even if he is.

April 30, 2009 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Jim

"Idol" fans coudn't smell a skunk if it was right under their noses. What a glorious day it will be when people finally get the sense to stop watching this awful program.

April 30, 2009 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Ed Q.

Sadly, regardless of whether or not his being in the bottom 2 (or 3), I'm afraid the effect will be the same. All of his fans (myself excluded) will increase their voting next Tues. to guarantee that he stays around for one more week.

Let's face it; the same thing happened last season in the final performance. Simon harshly criticized David Cook's performance (deservedly so, in my opinion) but I have to say that Simon's criticism sent David Cook fans into a voting frenzy. Would things have turned out differently had Simon not criticized Cook's performance? We'll never know.

Despite my distinct distaste for Adam's style, I can't argue that he doesn't have talent. I personally think that his style is too specialized for him to be crowned the American Idol, but we'll all know for sure in a few short weeks.

April 30, 2009 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Val

Same old story every year. Maybe the majority of the audience have realized he is in fact overrated?

April 30, 2009 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Darin

Since there is no way to independently verify what is recorded in votes per contestant (by the public – to my knowledge), I wholly suspect that Adam being in the bottom three at all, much less the bottom two, was fabricated by American Idol (or directed to be done by Fox itself, a company which is certainly are not above stretching the 'truth' for its own purposes) to drum up drama where none existed.

A.I. knew who was going home, the grouping could have easily been manipulated for the sake of drama – example: perhaps Allison was actually in the bottom 3 again, but since she wasn't the one being voted off it "didn't 'matter" in their eyes if they positioned her there...and since that would be old hat, but putting Adam in the bottom 3 group would cause a stir...but it is wrong to do so if it is not how the votes actually came in.

Adam has been a shoe in every week because he is of a different league than everyone else on there (though I do like Allison a lot myself, I can't deny Adam is more promising as an Idol) – most likely someone high up decided that since he is so widely popular, rather than just let him skate it out to the end and win as is broadly suspected to be the case – they would insert tension that didn't exist, solely to drive ratings and speculations..

April 30, 2009 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  149. chloe

Looked rather fishy to me. Why is it that the number of votes each contestant gets from week to week not revealed? I have always wondered that. If your fave is in the bottom but not eliminated, knowing how many votes they got would sure get me to vote big time the next week, and I would bet it would get others to vote and not be complacent.

April 30, 2009 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Dave

Every year, one of the "Chosen Ones" has an off night and lands in the bottom 3. Sometimes it's just a scare (Rueben, Blake) and sometimes it means they're gone (Chris Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson). With 5 singers left, it should be no surprise that anyone is in the bottom 3 (a 60% chance), but I don't believe for a second that Adam was the second-lowest vote-getter.

April 30, 2009 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Bill Marble

I've never believed that these talent shows actually use the votes to determine who is staying and who goes. They manipulate the contestants to maximize interest in the show and thus audience size. Notice that they never announce the number of votes that anyone gets, they just say who is leaving. It is fixed...just like the $64,000 Question so many years ago.

April 30, 2009 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  152. Michelle from Colorado

Aside from the fact that very few people will ever really know the truth about exactly where any of these singers falls in the vote, it is plausible that Adam was down there. Honestly, I think Adam has the total package and he looks like a star already. But he is not perfect and he is not without critics. Tuesday night, Danny was just so spectacular. While Adam had some swagger, he came across as out of control on his actual delivery compared to Danny's complete control. And Alison, who has a great voice, did her best. Kris was better, too. I think Adam is definitely Idol material. But he simply wasn't the best this week. End of story.

April 30, 2009 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Alice

It's a singing competition, not a freak show. Adam is NOT the best singer, so he visually distracts viewers with theatrics. He should NOT win. His fans are dazzled by fluff.

April 30, 2009 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Adam's Wearing Thin

Adam's theatrical style has grown old. At first, it was novel and exciting, now it's a little weird.

April 30, 2009 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  155. moran

great. wonderful. Fox and idol got what they wanted. e-v-e-r-y b-o-d-y is talking about adam lambert being in the bottom 2. it's genius, when you think about it really. adam lambert has been the most talked about contestant in the history of american idol – and with the shock of him being in the bottom 2 this week – idol has broken an 8 season record – the media, blogs, forums – are swamped with comments and remarks – NOBODY IS MISSING THIS... and nobody will probably miss next weeks show. genius. but dirty.
    what a buzz!!! congratulations – fox!
    Everyone will be tuning in to see what will happen next week – will he be "in the bottom two" again? and what a coincidence! just this week word spread in the media that there's no point in watching the show because adam will definitely win.
    bravo... really. quality television.
    only – when it turns out that this was really a scam for more votes or ratings – i think idol will lose a lot of viewers.
    It will lose its authenticity. no one will take it seriously anymore.
    so really – all things considered – very bad move, guys. sorry.

April 30, 2009 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Norkio

Oh please, people. There is no conspiracy. There were only 5 performers. He had a 1 in 5 chance of being in the bottom, and frankly as much as some people like him, other people don't like him. His ego needed it anyway. He isn't all that.

April 30, 2009 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  157. Yuna

I wrote earlier in a response to Adam's being in the bottom three that I feared it would be another "Daughtry" incident because back then many fans wrote on the net that they couldn't get through to his line (due to all circuits are busy); hence Daughtry's falling on the show. Later Daughtry said he was glad he did not win because "now he can make the music he wants to make" and not be dictated by A.I., Fox, etc. Are we going to see a repeat with Adam this year? I wonder. I wouldn't put it past FOX or A.I. or who ever is in charge of those "votes" to manipulate in order to get ratings back up and perhaps to make the contestant's "wishes" come true. We really do not know what goes on during the week when the cameras are not rolling for the rest of us to see.

April 30, 2009 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  158. buck

This reminds me of the first week when two were eliminated. jasmine was put up with Megan and later Jorge with Anoop with jasmine and jorge going home. However they never once said that Anoop or Meghan were in the bottom four just that one is each group was safe, one eliminated. I don't think Anoop was actually in the bottom that week they just needed a guy that was popular enough to cause drama to stand next to jorge. that worked but I think it was ultimately unfair, every news sight recap that week wrote the story as Anoop being among the lowest votegetters and week 1 was written about in articles all season, making his chances look poor for winning and harder to get people to want to vote for someone they think will go home soon. They should do what DTWS does. If it's not the actual bottom two say one is safe the other is not neccasarily in the bottom 2

April 30, 2009 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  159. Derek

I think America hit it absolutely right. Out of the 5 contestants the bottom 3 were the 3 I would have picked to be there with Matt going home this week. Adam has a great voice, there's no doubt about it, but we've seen what he can do. I don't think he has anything else to wow us with. He can sing in the lower range, the falsetto and power scream. He hasn't shown any real versatility. He needs to be on Broadway or in a retro Metal band.

April 30, 2009 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  160. 2muchTVgurl

Did anyone else notice the show ending before Adams recap and number(s) appeared. I screamed foul the minute I noticed. I knew then that the conspiracy to get rid of the Darkman was blatant and true. This is why i stop voting 4 seasons ago,

April 30, 2009 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  161. snowhite

A conspiracy you bet, and Ryan didn't help. Maybe we could do without him next week. Adam is a performer, an artist and a competitor by heart. He puts in 100% effort and never disappoints.
    Next week will prove that the best is yet to come, and Adam will knock them to the ground.

April 30, 2009 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Carol

I can only speak for myself but I stopped voting three weeks ago thinking my favorite, Adam, was a sure thing. Needless to say I will be voting again starting next week.

April 30, 2009 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Ruth C.

I know people including myself who even though we love Adam figured that everyone else would vote for him so we voted for Allison after she has been in the bottom three a few times. I know others who are getting sick of Adam because he seems to be so over the top.

April 30, 2009 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  164. Kelly

There is no doubt Adam has a rabid following, but I see just as many people who are completely turned off by his over-the-top theatrics! I have been telling friends all along it would not surprise me to see him get bounced before the finals!

April 30, 2009 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  165. Harrieth

I absolutely agree that this was a stunt by the AI producers just to keep the tension high...and I think the judges were in on it too. They were just sitting there calmly with no reactions at all...too obvious...and putting Adam on the spot was just a very low thing to do. AI is going to keep Adam until the final. He is too much of a show magnet. They need to keep their weekly ratings up.
    I wish Adam all the best in the future. If he wins, I hope he can shake the Idol stamp off his shoulders really quick. He does not need that. He can stand on his own two feet. Go Adam!!!

April 30, 2009 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  166. skip

Who Cares

April 30, 2009 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  167. mh

maybe the gay vote didn't particiapte this week.

April 30, 2009 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Alison

Adam is a polarizing contestant so I do believe he could be in the bottom 2 – I personally don't like him much and I'm a Kris supproter but O really don't think this was a conspiracy.

I've even heard something that neither Adam nor Kris were actually in the bottom 2 but since the birthdays were this week and they were both safe they didn't tell us which was in the bottom 2 of Allison and Danny.

There are so many conspiracy theories out there...does it really matter since Adam is safe.

Rooting for an Adam/Kris finale

April 30, 2009 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  169. Lee Foster

I'm sorry folks, Adam deserved to be in the bottom two. His performances week after week are beginning to wear a little thin. His cocky attitude Wednesday proved that he was growing a little too confident. After he sang, his attitude appeared to be–come on judges, tell me how wonderful I was again. Hopefully, people will realize just how boring he is and boot him off.

April 30, 2009 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  170. Kristen

I am guilty of taking Adam's safety for granted. I will be sure to vote next week.

April 30, 2009 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  171. jct

The only conclusion that can be drawn is that Danny and Allison received more votes than Adam. Allison is going to get all the votes directed toward a female. So, this week, Danny was more popular than Adam.

Why the big fuss when 60% of the contestants were going to be in the bottom three?

April 30, 2009 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  172. Mellissa

I have been a big fan of adams since the first show but he is not the same performer that sang Mad world and rocked it he seams to be more commerical and what I mean by that is he is more about turnning on the show then tuning on his fans.

April 30, 2009 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  173. Nines

I'm not surprised, I personally cannot stand his style and most people I've discussed Idol with think his vocals are annoying. It's too "Meatloaf" for me.

April 30, 2009 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  174. LT in TX

I was sort of amazed the he was in the bottom 2 or 3.

Maybe his fans took it for granted and di not vote.

I wouldn't buy a Cd let alone a single (or download) of his, but he can sing and is an interesting performer.

April 30, 2009 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  175. Idol Fan

Gosh, maybe some people don't like him...like me. He didn't get my vote and I would be very happy to see this "performer" voted off.

April 30, 2009 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  176. Adamed Out

I can't stand Adam, the guy is a 1 trick Pony. He somehow manages to incorporate the only thing he can do, which is that high pitched scream. He CAN sing, don't get me wrong, but the scream is already worn out and he does it EVERY week, maybe more people are as tired of it as I am, and therefore not voting for him.

April 30, 2009 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  177. CJ

Who cares if he actually had the second lowest number of votes; fact is he was still in the bottome three. It happens every season where there's a shocker of who is in the bottom and sometimes who gets booted. If Adam fans want him in, they need to vote. I personally think it was the best thing for him; not only will his fans not take it for granted that he's gonna win, he won't take it for granted either.

April 30, 2009 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  178. Khristy

Why is everyone so shocked that Adam was in the bottom this week? He is a marvelous performer but he may not turn out to be the best recording artist and perhaps the public has seen that also. He should perform, no doubt about it, and he will in the future, but his venue does not have to be as an Idol winner. Adam's amazing performance of Ring of Fire was actually a duplicate from another artist, not an originally rendition. Of the remaining 5, Kris and Matt are the artists musically, whereas, Adam is the best performer. This is a singing contest, as the judges always remind us, and Adam is a great performer but not necessarily the best musically.

April 30, 2009 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  179. Lindsay

This is not the 1st time Idol has been accused of a scandal. It was ABSOLUTELY a publicity stunt from Fox. They wanted viewers to be shocked that Adam was in the bottom, and wanted Adam voters to go crazy with votes for next week! I think it is horrible how the judges constantly remind America, the people that "vote," that Adam and Danny will be in the finals. It is clear who they want to win, and it is clear that they have an agenda they are pushing. At this point in time, all of the contestants are extremely talented, and the judges should just tell them all "good job" and let America vote.

April 30, 2009 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  180. jeff

Who cares? I only watch some of the first episodes of this show each year to see the idiot wannabees that get eliminated. I don't watch once the real competition starts, as some of the acts are just too agonizing to listen to. It is also usually quite clear who will win from the start, and who won't. But they put the drama in for the ratings. Get real and get a life.

April 30, 2009 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  181. steve

trying....to....care... failing....

April 30, 2009 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  182. Rachel

Who else can thrill us and give us goose bumps? Not any of the others, that is for sure! This is REAL entertainment.

He's fabulous and as a great bonus, he's GORGEOUS!

If he loses, we know Idol is fixed.

April 30, 2009 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  183. Gia in Los Angeles

Well, if it's a stunt, it's working. Everybody I know is talking (and tweeting and posting) about it. And I, sure as heck, am going to ramp up MY voting for Adam next week (though, he's sure to do well anyway, having a Rock theme) and the two weeks to follow, just to be sure!

April 30, 2009 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  184. Canopy

I have to agree with the conspiracy theorists. I think Adam was placed in the "bottom 2" to keep everyone interested. We all know Adam is going to win but they have to keep us guessing.

April 30, 2009 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  185. John

As someone who has worked in Reality TV for seven years, I can tell you, these people at the Networks think you are all stupid, and that you won't notice something like this when it happens.

Guess what, it happens every day, on every single competition show you watch. Nothing is left to chance. NOTHING!!!

For instance, Dating shows, like the Bachelor, have absolutely nothing to do with with whether or not the main character actually likes or dislikes a contestant. The producers decide, as they go along, who goes and who stays. I know this from personal experience.

Everything you watch is fake. There is no such thing as Reality TV.
    So stop watching the crap, and start demanding better television. I may not have a job if if that were to actually happen, but hey, TV wouldn't suck as bad as it does right now. That's a trade-off I'm willing to accept.

April 30, 2009 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  186. Dee Wallace

Pay attention to when Ryan says ""Our" vs "Your". "Our bottom 2" could include anyone that AI decides would make good TV so it can include Adam and the lowest vote getter. When Ryan says "Your bottom 2" – which he doesn't – then that implies its the voters bottom vote getters. So listen carefully to "our" vs "your".

April 30, 2009 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  187. Laura

Perhaps people are just getting as annoyed by him as I am. The constant screeching which emulates that of an 80's hair band is NOT impressive. And his over-the-top theatrics are nauseating. He's not everyone's cup of tea. Love him or hate him. Me thinks more people are jumping on the "hate him" bandwagon. Personally I think Gokey will win it.

April 30, 2009 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  188. audrey

Adam's fans, for the most part, are taking this tv show WAY too seriously. First of all, why would AI falsely put Adam in the bottom to generate more votes next week? Ryan said they had 45 million votes this week. Not too shabby. Also, it's not impossible to believe that some of Lil's and Anoop's votes might have gone to other contestants other than their precious Adam. Finally, stop being so manic about Adam. You're really too worked up about this.

April 30, 2009 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  189. Lois S

I was really hoping Adam would have been voted off last night. Yes he is a good singer, but also seems like he is screaming when he sings. I am also a Gokey fan and he will win this year, no doubt about it.

April 30, 2009 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  190. Tracy

Adam is horrible, he either slows a song way down or shrieks like a girl. Sure he has fans, but there are those of us who can't stand him and like other contestants better and vote for them.

April 30, 2009 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  191. Heidi

Ryan while talking with Jamie Foxx DID say "What do you think, this is the bottom two?" So Ryan did say bottom two. I am a die hard Adam fan, but I think this did happen legit and fans just didn't vote enough. I mean, common...we are down to 4 now...the amount of votes between the 4 can't be much!! Let's all rally and get as many votes out there for him as we can next week. Rock week will be Adam's BEST week ever!!

April 30, 2009 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  192. Jim from San Rafael

If Adam was truly in the bottom 2, maybe it is because he deserved to be. I thought that he and Matt were the weakest links on Tuesday night. I know that Adam has a lot of fans, but I've talked to a number of Idol fans who did not like his performance.

April 30, 2009 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  193. mljordan

Ryan said this is your bottom two. He had his bubble burst, and didn't like it. His ego took a hit. America is liking him, but not as many as people think. If you like screaming and acting, Broadway is calling his name, not American Idol.

April 30, 2009 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  194. Amanda

I personally think we almost had another Chris Daughtry situation on our hands last night.

Either that, or, Lil and Anoop's fans perhaps had a shift to Allison and Danny. I mean, anything's possible when it's a competition left up to America

(These are just theories.....I'd appreciate not getting flamed.....)

April 30, 2009 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  195. davy

No it is just American Idol is not ready for a gay champion!

April 30, 2009 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  196. Aggie Reninger

I do believe that it was all staged just to get people riled up there is no way that Adam should have been on the bottom 3 , 2, or 1. My husband and I both have said that if he goes that will be the last time we watch American Idol. Last night was his outstanding night and Simon was right as usual.
    Matt should have never been saved in the first place he is not an Idol he is good but not an American Idol.
    I can not believe that his fans did not vote for him cause they thought he had it already they know that he does need those calls. No this was just a staged event .

April 30, 2009 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  197. Diane Dzuba

I noticed the same thing, Ryan told Kris he could join the top four, he didn't say you can join the top three.

AI is taking a chance playing with the people like this, so many people are so royally annoyed they are saying they will never watch AI again.

In eight year's Adam is the most phenominal performer ever, his vocals are beyond compare!

April 30, 2009 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  198. trish ray

I'm not sure what happened but Adam is by far the front-runner. The others don't even come close to his talent.

April 30, 2009 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  199. Sue

I just don't get the hyped over Adam. He screeches!!!!

April 30, 2009 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  200. GG

Adam is the most talented and best singer in the group! They are all very talented – this is the best season for talent!!!!!
    I wonder if he really was in the bottom three–Or if this was a ploy to get more votes!
    Adam did not deserve to be in the bottom 3! Also treated like that! Adam fans are letting him down and not calling if this was true! It has happened before- look at Melinda Doolittle! She clearly was the favorite! Adam fans must pick up the phone and VOTE! We can't just think Adam should win! If Adam was voted off I never would watch American Idol again. We hold his fate in our hands and don't sit on our Laurels!!! VOTE VOTE VOTE FOR ADAM!!!!!
    I watch his version of "Mad World" daily on the internet – as though I am addicted to it- I can't listen to it enogh-it was haunting and mesmerizing all at the same time. I want a CD to be made today so I can buy it- they always wait to long after the show to put out their cd's. They lose all the momentum of the show and they leave dollars$$$$$ on the table. I would buy anyting at all right now with Adam Lambert on it– Adam Lambert is the Entertainer of the year! Make no mistake about it- I look forward to see him on Tuesdays. With the trials and tribulations of day to day life- Adam is the one brightspot!!! Please vote for Adam if you are a Fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 30, 2009 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  201. debbie

I was hoping it was Adam leaving. He can sing but he is more a broadway singer than main stream. Please people open your eyes.

April 30, 2009 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  202. AJ

According to DialIdol on Tuesday night, Adam was in fact, ranked #3. (Danny #1, Alison #2, Adam #3, Chris #4, and Matt #5.)

I don't follow those perfectly because there's always a chance that they are wrong (they admit they aren't scientific).

But really – there's only 5 people left!! SOMEONE has to go, SOMEONE has to be in the bottom 3. I thought it would have been bottom 2 – but obviously not yet. Adam is good – but people are claiming conspiracy if he's in the bottom 3... but wouldn't fans of the others claim conspiracy for the judges who had Adam as their "golden child"?

The voters don't lie and the numbers are audited by law. Just because he was beside Matt, didn't mean he was about to go, it just meant that "of the 3", they sent Chris back rather than Adam. (Perhaps to ensure Adam doesn't get too cocky/over confident... which kinda showed when he walked over to Danny & Alison and his remark about 'based on last night').

Just my thoughts. They did this kinda thing last year and if I recall, previous years too.

April 30, 2009 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |