April 29th, 2009

Watch 'American Idol' results show with CNN.com

Tuesday night's "American Idol" performances were great for the most part, but alas, one of the contestants will be going home.

Top five

Someone didn't make the cut after singing songs inspired by the Rat Pack era - and we can't wait to see who sang their swan song! There could be high drama as the competition gets more intense.

Tune in tonight and watch with CNN.com’s Lisa Respers France, who will be blogging live during the show. Scheduled performers include "American Idol" winner Taylor Hicks, Tuesday night's mentor Jamie Foxx and the legendary Natalie Cole.

Post your comments below, or head over to iReport to share videos of your thoughts about the results show.

Your comment or video may appear on CNN!

–Lisa Respers France, CNN.com writer

1. debika

Unbelievable that Adam was in the bottom 2! I have to say that Alison, Chris and Danny were really good though. Adam should definately win the title if you look at it rounds wise. I just hope he gets back to that funky rocker we fell in love with instead of trying to fit into the dull 'american idol' mold, and lay off that ice cream mister!

April 30, 2009 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Go figure

I have been sittin back watching all this time keeping my peace. Look Bo bice , Clay aikon. Now they had talent. When they were on American Idol they were the ones who shined threw. Both lost, and we all know why. Bo lost because he wasn't gonna play the game u get rich off me. Clay was because he was gay. Now you have a superb singer such as Adam. Now we know he will loose . Danny is a push over with less talent then most I have ever heard Allison well her voice cracks up too much an very pichy. Adam has been in the show an music bussiness. So either Danny or Allison will win. They both will be forgotten by the end of the year such as rubean an the worse singer of all Fantasha or how ever you spell that name. Adam tho will have such a high road on the music scene an movies. So let Danny or allison win. Fame will fade from them. Sit back an wait for Adams records to be made an enjoy some talent at it's best. As far as Adam yelling screechy or whatever insult you could put towards him, appearantly you are either tone deaf of just hate gay people. So American Idol kick him fast so he can get in the recording studio and lets get his new wave style music going.

April 30, 2009 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  3. Vote Adam Only

OKAY ADAM FANS!!....If you really want Adam to win then it's time to vote exclusively for Adam every week now. Adam in the bottom two? Unbelievable! I'm really hoping that it was because people were still voting to save one of the other contestants while thinking that Adam would be so far ahead that he wouldn't need the votes. Everyone talks about how great Adam is and yet he was 4th place tonight. VOTE ADAM ONLY!

April 29, 2009 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  4. mariz

I wish adam lambert will go home first,,,,i dont really like him,
    and danny will win hooooooooorrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 29, 2009 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  5. travis

nooo....ppl what is ur deal.....adam lambert should go there are plenty of singers jst like him........matt is the one that has the talent and he deserves the title......adam can't even play his own instruments

April 29, 2009 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Don

Wow! I was both shocked and relieved to see Adam Lambert end up in the bottom three! I, like many, thought he was invincible! Apparently not.

I'm relieved, of course, because my favorite, that little sweet-heart rocker child, Alison, along with Danny were both safe! Allison is sweet and her voice is by far the most unique among the idols. I

I really love this particularly because Simon said he thought Allison was going to be in big trouble after her performance last night. Ha, on you Simon!

Go Alison, go baby – go!

April 29, 2009 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  7. sandy

Started working nights last week and its killing me not to see the show, but thanks to you I can at least keep up with the ratings. I'm cheering for Adam and Kris! Hard toss up, but I think it will be Matt to go home....their all so good.

April 29, 2009 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Herbie

Sorry Suzy! I meant that comment for Lisa.

April 29, 2009 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Herbie

Suzy in CO, How can you say that? Adam is always consistent. What a fantastic voice he has. I will be very upset if he doesn't win. I think Matt will be going home tonight.

April 29, 2009 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Chuck

Adam in the bottom 3 what gives

April 29, 2009 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Mike Hunt

Matt didnt do as well as i thought he should have. This was supposed to be his week to shine and he kind of sucked in my oppinion. Kind of like the black girl who got voted off the other weak, cant remeber her name, the one withall them kids.

April 29, 2009 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  12. America4KrisAllen

I really, really, really want Adam Lambert to go home. He's so fake!

April 29, 2009 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  13. B

Matt should go home tonight. Hope he is the one.

April 29, 2009 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  14. travis

show hasn't started yet ther darlin'

April 29, 2009 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  15. mel500

Where are the results from tonight's elimination show? Thought this blog was more timely.

April 29, 2009 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Lisa Krieger

I think its going to be Adam Lambert – he hasn't been as consistent as the other singers. And lately he's been choosing lackluster songs that don't get me or the judges or (it seems) the rest of the audience going.

April 29, 2009 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Suzy in CO

I enjoy watching AI but this is my last season; I'm now 100% convinced everything is "pre-planned" and rigged from the get-go. That's too bad; it was fun while it lasted!

April 29, 2009 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |