April 29th, 2009

Top 5: Blame it on Jamie Foxx

Ohhhhh, I blame T-Pain for this foolishness.

Jamie sings his new song "Blame It" and he is doing that computerized voice thingie that I hate.

T-Pain usually performs on the song with him and he's not there, but that stupid vocoder is.

Jamie can sing, the beat is hot and he can perform and that's what I want to hear. Not a computerized voice!

He's worked up a sweat and he really seems to be digging the show. He manages to sneak a promo for his new movie in along with some words of wisdom for Matt and Adam. (I still can't believe I have to type that!)

Filed under: Uncategorized

« Previous entry
  1. odie

Ellie you obviously don't get it – it was not a racist statement that Jamie made, It's not that we all don't have soul it's the soul that Jamie and other blacks including myself grew up with. THAT (what I grew up with) was soul to me....it was THAT soul that used to win all the awards on the American Music Awards. I feel the same way about some of the singers on Idol....all THAT soul coming out of some of the white singers which sometimes overshadows some of the black singers who really sound good but is viewed as mediocre because the white kid sounds soulful and appears to sould better. Now that's my view and it's not racist......just a fact.

May 4, 2009 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Kennedy

Who really cares about Miley Cyrus anyway? Let's just take it back to the old school and leave the on air apologies for the flaming liberal softies. Billy Ray should just walk up to Jamie and slap him in the face and if they fight...they fight. May the best man win.

As for the song...Jamie can sing. We all know that. But people been supporting half the rock and roll artist from the Stones, to G&R for years and they arent "vocalist". Cat compare any of them to anyone that can "really" sing. Let Foxx live.

You caintttt alwayssss get what you want.....

Horrible voice

May 4, 2009 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  3. Jazzylady

Well i saw the performance and I thought it was great along with the great words of encouragment he gave the contestants. He really let them know how talented they really are and winner or not that will not be the last time we hear from them.

May 4, 2009 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  4. Jamie

Miley Cyrus ... holla at me shawty

April 30, 2009 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  5. gremor

I was at the show and it was not the computerized voice we heard but when we got home and watched it – it was! Huh? And the lyrics? UGH. I know entire families who stay up and watch the show together. They were sorry last night that they did. That was not family fare. Pleeeeze, AI, rethink your guests and their lyrics!!!!!

April 30, 2009 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  6. andy

Poor performance. He kicks Miley Cyrus and sings like that? Talk about lack of talent.. I guess it matches his acting ability or lack of it. Hey Foxx, if you are gonna make fun of peoples looks and singing, make sure you see an orthodontist first and learn to sing.

April 30, 2009 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Betty

He is a goof!!!

April 30, 2009 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Marnie

Glad to know if just wasn't me, an oldie, who thought Jamie sounded terrible with that synthesized voice. I thought, if this is what is considered good music today, then I'm really way behind the times.

April 30, 2009 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Canopy

Can't stand the song because of the message it provides but the beat is catchy so noone really cares about the message anymore. I wish EVERYONE would get rid of the computerized voice crap. Didn't Max Headroom make that popular?

April 30, 2009 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  10. robert

its too bad the judges couldnt critique his performance. how what a ridiculous circus side show he put on! exactly what qualifies him to mentor anyone? maybe he should go back to his "jamie fox show" on the wb so the majority of the country can ignore him again.. wait.. is that network even on the air anymore?

April 30, 2009 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  11. tracy

his performance blew, Every time I see him i get the sesnse that he's so full of himself. Get over it Jamie, you ain't all that.

April 30, 2009 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  12. tony

foxx is great! funny comment about Miley Cyrus.. he was right, the kid is overrated

April 30, 2009 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Barbara

I hope you can blame it on the alcohol Jamie. Wow that was behond terrible. He's so overrated.

April 30, 2009 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  14. KF

For all you EXPERTS in MUSIC, I dare you to youtube Jamie and look up "Jamie Singing Luther". I said this before and i'll just paste it here again for you "HOLIER THAN THOU" individuals. I agree with some of the remarks, leaving out the Voice recorder, show his true vocal skills. And yes there are "WHITE" artist that have doul, JOSS STONE, PINK J.TIMBERLAKE, TINA MARIE man i can go on.But read what i said earlier below and get educated on the facts and STOP HATING......

it’s funny how people go off on someone that :

1. MADE A MISTAKE (YES HE WAS WRONG)

2. APOLOGIZED FOR IT ( NATION WIDE ON TV and his whole crew apologized for it because of the fact they have kids of their own and took it into consideration “WHAT IF THAT WAS MY DAUGHTER”)

Yet I bet there’s someone you listen to, see in the MOVIES, that has done something wrong and you gave them a free pass right off the bat.

The comments were made on a “PAID for by member network SIRIUS” and is for adults only. If it was not for someone that wanted to exploit Jaimie and his show, no one would of never heard any of it. IT STILL DOES NOT MAKE HIM RIGHT!!! But nope WE have that freedom of choice to hate who we choose and never forget the accused or the guilty.

Grow up!! Try to forgive… you don’t have to forget…but try forgiving once in your life…..

oh and did I see it on here somewhere that she (16) was dating and older MAN……bet you FORGOT that part…….and will forgive…..

AGAIN HE WAS WRONG…….and has asked for forgiveness….

April 30, 2009 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Mike

I didn't realize Foxx made those comments about Miley. As if I needed another reason to dislike him. Typical double-standard that he can get away with that. Jamie should get down on his knees and thank the liberal press for not smearing him like they smeared Imus. Is anyone else sick of the double standard in this country?

April 30, 2009 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  16. T-Bone

I had to change the station when Jamie perfomed. It was too painful to listen. He ought to stick to whatever else he considers he does best. I don't think he is much of an actor nor a comedian.

April 30, 2009 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  17. Mike

Stick with comedy Foxx. That "performance" last night showed no vocal talent. It sounded like a computer "singing". Be a man and sing it live, without all the computer enhancemen and effect. What a joke "music" has become. Sadly, the teenagers buy into this over-produced crap.

April 30, 2009 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  18. Dan

Great Actor!! Awesome comedian!!! Personally, I think he said what most of us want to say about Miley Cirus!! But a singer......Uh.....no... I didn't like it at all.

April 30, 2009 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  19. Rod in DC

jamie Foxx was horrible on American Idol. I was embarassed for him.

April 30, 2009 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  20. kathy

We saw him rehearshing this song in Hollywood live last week, for the Kimmel show...the beat stopped everyone in the parking lot.
    It was awesome.
    Jamie Fox is an ENTERTAINER, NOT A ROLE MODEL!!
    Stop getting this "BUSINESS", twisted!

April 30, 2009 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  21. quedog

Jamie is very talented by todays standards, but compared to the talent in the 70's he would not have made it in the music business.

As a comic he is a cut above the rest

Quedog

April 30, 2009 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  22. Kelly

Jamie Foxx:

Mentor: 9/10

Singer: 1/10

April 30, 2009 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  23. BostonSally

Jamie was on Idol last night because he's hot right now. He has the #1 song in the country, his album went Platinum, and he has an awesome new movie out. What entertainers out there have all of this going on at the same time...not many. So to all you haters who think that he is not worthy of being a "mentor" or that he's a racist because he hurt Miley's little feelings...GET OVER IT! I will admit that he's performance made me cringe though. He really needed T-Pain to make that song work for him.

April 30, 2009 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  24. Dee

This song is number one on the charts for a reason! Never mind the vocoder or whatever. It's a club banger, and obviously, most of these comments are from people who don't understand the pure danceability of this record.

I love to listen to it while I'm exercising. Pumps me up. It's certainly on my IPOD and I'm 58 yrs. old.

April 30, 2009 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  25. Pemberley

Jamie, hated the song. That computerized voice was the pits! I expected you to do better because you CAN do better.

April 30, 2009 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  26. Billybob

As Simon would say......what the h*** was that!
    It sounded like the robot song from Flight of the Conchords (except they can sing). What has happened to our taste in music that that can be the number 1 song in the country! First Flo Rida and now this?
    Thank God John Lennon, Elvis, et al don't have to witness this.

April 30, 2009 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  27. keith

since when did jamie fox became a music mentor? oh, he has a movie to promote and yes he plays a musician. i would have been pissed off if i were on idol and jamie fox was mentoring me. there are so many RAEL musicians out there that could mentor these kids. anyone can squawk out that r&b crap that's out there today. it all sounds the same. same bass line and drum machine just a different voice

April 30, 2009 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  28. paul

Have to agree with most of the fans that JFox didn't the virb touch to the song. Frankly it is stupid hip-hop junk to a beat that rocks.

April 30, 2009 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  29. Stephen

I hated the mechanical voice too but I also can't get past the fact that Jamie Fox, as talented as he is musically, at 41 YEARS OLD feels that he needs to perform and dress as if he's still in his twenties.

He's now a little too old for the hip hop image to come across as being honest and/or believable. Can we say....anything for a few bucks.

April 30, 2009 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  30. Trycksie

You are saying the same thing my husband said, Jaimie can sing and this is not the song we wanted him to perform.

April 30, 2009 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  31. Scott

Don't care what Jamie Foxx has to say. His "music" is just more of the same crap that I have to hear every day.

April 30, 2009 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  32. Sue Billings

I hate that mechanical voice too. Now I can just imagine Jamie Foxx mentoring an Idol contestant who wanted to use that vocoder. I can almost hear him saying, "No man. You can sing. No need for that thing. Go out there and sing in your pure voice and you'll slay them." You can sing, Jamie, so heed the advice my imagination attributes to you!

April 30, 2009 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  33. S Callahan

lol...i thought the same thing.....lol....
    I didn't percieve him plugging just matt and what's his name...I thought he was encouraging to all of them....he is right...they are all talented in their own way...As much as it breaks your heart..Matt is going to make it...in a small studio room..he'll be more comfortable letting his best side come out....I can't wait to buy the cd....

April 30, 2009 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  34. TSRVT

That "song" is probably the worst piece of cr*p I have heard this year. I know Foxx can sing, why did he stoop to using the electronic Cher-like voice masking garbage? The only people who like that fetid junk are the injection-molded bimbos in the first few rows of the audience.

April 30, 2009 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  35. Liss

Jaime Foxx did great last night and he was the best mentor so far this season. He brought something special out of the Top 5...way to go Jaime!!!

April 30, 2009 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  36. David B, Ashland, OR

Pathetic. That was not singing. That was a computer generated "sound".

April 30, 2009 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  37. Jamie Foxx is an Idiot

Jamie Foxx should not have been allowed on the show after he made disrespectful and racist remarks about Miley Cyrus (including calling her a "white b****"). Shameful.

April 30, 2009 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  38. K.K

I think its all rubess,
    what jamie foxx said was true!!

April 30, 2009 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  39. Juanita

I love Jamie, but hate the computerized voice! He doesn't have to go there. He can really sing! Big props, though, for being such a thoughtful mentor this week. The way he advised him just shows us again what an intelligent guy he is.

April 30, 2009 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
  40. miley

Why does he still have a radio job after what he said about miley cyrus? Why was he on idol... Is it ok for a black man to call a child a WHITE bit$%? All Don Imus did was say nappy head and he was fired? I am white and I tell my daughter her hair is nappy sometimes when she 1st wakes up?? WTF is wrong with the world???

April 30, 2009 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
  41. Elle

Last night after American Idol, our local Los Angeles Foxnews reporters Terri Seymour (Simon's former girl friend) and Jane Yamamoto interviewed people from the show. Yamamoto talked with Jamie Foxx about working with the singers from the show and he said, "To see these white kids with all of this soul coming out of their body – it flipped me out." He was deadly serious – it was NOT a joke. I'm shocked that he would think that soul belongs only to blacks, and make this a racial issue. He just showed exposed a part of himself that is not cool. We're all people – and people from all races have a soul and have soul.

April 30, 2009 at 7:26 am | Report abuse |
  42. James

How can American Idol allow Jamie Foxx to work with young people including 17 year old Allison after his Miley Cyrus comments a few weeks ago.

This would be like the NCAA asking Don Imus to referee the women's Final Four.

I wouldn't want a teenager of mine to be around any man who advocates for teens to "shoot crack and make a sex tape."

Shame on Foxx and AI.

April 30, 2009 at 2:14 am | Report abuse |
  43. Kin (Anaheim, Ca.)

Blame it on the Alcohol...

April 30, 2009 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  44. That sucked very badly

That was the WORST song ever made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 29, 2009 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  45. jl

Can Jamie actually sing???? I know he can do comedy and can act, but I haven't heard anything that he's sung that I would want to buy or download. Seems like he's always collaborating with someone or the music is so loud or some other distraction (the electronic voice thing) so you can't really hear him. I'm just not sure what to think about his singing.

April 29, 2009 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Melanie

Jamie your flippant little apology to Miley Cirus is unacceptable. The things you said about her were atrocious. I am very disappointed with you and I think you owe her much more of an apology than you have given her. You should be ashamed of yourself. What does it say about you that you felt it necessary to verbaly attack a young girl as you did. I will boycott you until I hear that you have made full recompense for your bad behaviour.

April 29, 2009 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Gordy

Interesting choice to have a guest artist on a show that stresses the quality of the voice, only to have Jamie Foxx modify his voice electronically. Hmmmmmm. Not a fan.

April 29, 2009 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  48. louise

jamie foxx was a turn off.... he has one of the filthiest radio shows on the air. He was quoted in Jet magazine as saying "that's who I really am" (referring to his behavior on the radio show). Disgusting behavior should not be rewarded. Jamie Foxx sucks... he can't have it both ways.

April 29, 2009 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Dunerider

*horrible*

April 29, 2009 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  50. lanray

Makes one want to puke!

April 29, 2009 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Florida Dude

Aweful performance. Jamie gave great advice for the contestants but it's too bad he wasn't there to give himself advice. The guy has a good voice, why did he feel the need to use that...that...voice thingy. I've seen several artist use it and it is terrible.

April 29, 2009 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Trina

I saw T Pain in concert a few weeks ago, and he sung that song. LOVED IT! Don't care what the machine is ... the beat is HOT, and it's all about the dancing.

April 29, 2009 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |