April 21st, 2009

Watch 'American Idol' with CNN.com

Disco is the theme on “American Idol” tonight - so be sure to tune in to see who will survive!

Top seven again

No one went home last week thanks to the judges' save of Matt Giraud. So that means two of the contestants will be eliminated this week. Who among the top seven will dance their last dance after an evening of (I hope) buzz-worthy tunes?

Watch “American Idol” tonight along with CNN.com’s Lisa Respers France, who will be blogging live during the show.
We want to know your thoughts on who you think will do well tonight.

Post your comments below, or head over to iReport to share videos of your thoughts about the show.

Your comment or video may appear on CNN!

–Lisa Respers France, CNN.com writer

1. DB1259

I will admit that I haven't been watching AI all season and have only tuned in consistently when they narrowed it down to 10. My impression so far is that Adam Lambert has a great voice but I have to close my eyes to listen to him. Last night all I could think was, Judy Garland, when I watched him sing. I see records and radio in his future and definitely Broadway. Chris, Danny and Allison are my favorites they can make a song their own in a way that is easy on the ears and the eyes. Matt, I'm sorry, but I think it's better if you hit the road.

April 29, 2009 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  2. Sheri

I do not get Adam AT ALL. I have no idea why the judges praise him so much. He hits high shrill "shreeks" in almost every song and it sounds horrible! He may be creative, but too dramatic, off the wall, and not very entertaining.

April 22, 2009 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  3. Lara

I think Idol has run its self into the ground. I loved it in the beginning when you could connect with the contestants. Now there is no connection and you know who is going to win. I knew last year David Cook was going to win. I knew Underwood was going win. They need to make a big change and lose one of the judges, three is enough. The only thing I enjoy now is the picking of the contestants in the beginning.

April 22, 2009 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  4. Caleb

Bottom three Anoop, Matt, and Lil. Two that are leaving I feel are Lil, for sure, and Matt. Adam, unless he totally screws up, which I doubt, has it won.

April 22, 2009 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  5. Bruce

I am a devoted fan and I will say only this, the world has only seen one other that has impacted our music world as Adam has , and the was
    Elvis

April 22, 2009 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  6. leslie williams

Can I call them the Magnificent 7 – maybe not but they are all good singers but the two that are outstanding are Allison and Adam – and I give the edge to Adam. I have watched him mature in the past weeks, Allison has improved but she needs to act more of her age.

This batch of 7 is very talented and I do expect to hear from them all in the near future. I really feel that Adam will be voted the next American Idol failing that – he must come in second

April 22, 2009 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  7. Laura V

I predict that Anoop and Lil will be two of the bottom three this week. Not real impressive this whole season to me. The other 5 however, "hit it out of the ball park"! I guess it doesn't really matter where they shop as long as the purchase was good!

April 22, 2009 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  8. Virginia

Kris got this week! Wow! Who would have thought She Works Hard For Her Money could sound like that!? Lil should have gone home a long time ago! Everyone thought this would be her week...just goes to show she really is limited. Anoop has a great voice but no stage personality. Matt brought it this week but he should have went home last week. It's not like he is going to win anyway! I say Matt, Lil and Anoop will be the bottom three. Hopefully Matt and Lil will go home! Tired of the same ole....Adam, Allison, Kris, and Danny will be the final battle of course! Adam should take it. Yes, he looks like Elvis and also a young Kurt Russell (during the Disney years). Beautiful man! =0)

April 22, 2009 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  9. Sharon

Adam was outstanding and original.
    Kris was also great.
    Danny sang well, but seemed to have less energy than usual.
    Allison did a good job.
    Matt did much better than last week.
    Anoop can sing, but he seems too shy for the big stage.
    Lil sang off key throughout the song. It was difficult to listen to her.
    My guess is Lil will go home. Anoop will be in the bottom 2. If there is still a bottom 3, then Matt will probably be in there... because the best 4 are Adam, Kris, Danny, and Allison.

April 22, 2009 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  10. Dean

Adam is good but I thought that this was for people that have not been discovered as yet. He was discovered some time ago and has the polish that the undiscovered do not have. Sure he is good but a little too cocky for me. I feel that he demands adoration and would be crushed if he did not get it. I like Anoop and wish that he was given a chance. Except for Adam, the others could use that polish that comes with experience. A great group and yes Liz should go this week.

April 22, 2009 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  11. Connie

Adam is the real star here. Of course I thought that same thing of Chris Daughtry and look what happened to him. He's successful on his own, but he didn't win Idol.
    This week Lil Rounds and Anoop are going home.
    What's with Lil's attitude thing. The same attitude of her family in the audience. She obviously thinks she's better than the judges think she is. Unfortunately, for her, that attitude means she won't listen to the four judges criticisms and they're the professionals. The people that KNOW what up and coming stars need to do. What is she thinking!!

April 22, 2009 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  12. Liz

Adam is one of my favote idol he is brilliant

April 22, 2009 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  13. JC

Just to say that Anoop should stop taking insults from the judges and leave at his own accord. He has one of the best voice and is smarter than almost everyone there. No matter what he sings, the judges are displease. Who they like they like. I believe people should stop making bad comments and be fair. It takes a lot of courage to go up on the stage. What Chris sang last night was not great but he got props. As far as I am concerned Simon is not fair to Anoop. He is obnoxious. The fourth judge is an echo.

April 22, 2009 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  14. Thom from Brandon FL

I say Matt "Wart Head" and "Anoop Dog" will go bye bye. If Matt does survive, then I will be really ticked off if Allison goes, who is my dark horse favorite. And I think one or two of the judges will be, too, for letting Matt come back.

I gave up on Lil last week, and she didn't do anything to pull me back in last night. But I have a feeling she will still manage to survive...

I'm a Gokey fan. I'm not sure why – he doesn't have an overwhelmingly great voice, and looks awkward on stage (which Simon correctly commented on), but he just has this likeability.

Kris did good, but he's not memorable to me at all.

I should like Adam. I'm not sure why I don't. He probably is the most talented one there. But it seems like everything he does is performed, and has no truth or honesty to it at all.

April 22, 2009 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  15. Linda Cipko

I predict Allison and Adam will be the last two standing.

April 22, 2009 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  16. Teressa Whitely

I think it is the end of the preformances for Anoop and Lil Rounds, I think they have sealed their fate with last night's preformances.

April 22, 2009 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  17. Jorgebayside

I feel it will be Lil and Matt. Too bad about Lil, She has such a great voice but I think with all the abd remarks made by Simon She was trying too hard.

April 22, 2009 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  18. KatyMay

A boring night filled with boring performances. Even Adam, who I usually LOVE, was boring.

April 22, 2009 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  19. DONNA

I agree,this is the most talented group ever for Idiol. I just loved Chris's performance as did I Adam and the little red head.

Those are definitely my pick for the top 3

April 22, 2009 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  20. Dee

I think that Anoop and Lil will be going home tonight.

April 22, 2009 at 7:57 am | Report abuse |
  21. Emily

I'm hoping that Lil and Anoop go this week. The two of them have been really disappointing.

April 22, 2009 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
  22. Tasha

Last night was a night when Randy, with all others agreeing, said that this SEVEN had the best voices. Lil has a voice that will not quit. She can sing almost everything. The judges were not as kind to her as to Matt, Allison and others who were more off key and not as enjoyable to listen to as Lil. Why are they so against her? Because she is her own person and does not bend to what they want her to be? I think she deserves to stay.

April 22, 2009 at 7:35 am | Report abuse |
  23. Michelle from Iowa

American Idol 2009: Adam Lambert beyond a doubt! Sexy, original, with all the right moves! #2: Allison- The voice and moves of a pro. That outfit rocked on this hot 16 year old! #3 Danny- Too "Taylor Hickish" to be #1 but nevertheless he's got a voice and personality plus! And I beg to disagree with the judge's criticism of Lil Rounds. Goes to prove that you need more than a good voice and pretty face to make it. But with the right guideance, Lil will go far. I want to hear her sing a song of a professional's choosing. All of these talented singers should be proud of their performance's- it's just a contest, guys and gals! Simon Cowell's opinion is only one of a million and he's been proven wrong more than once. (shades of Kelli Pickler) You're all in the top ten and have the next year on tour to hone your style and attract an agent!

April 22, 2009 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
  24. Nancy

Disco Night??

Sorry, but do not think those young people can know what disco is all about. I really like disco, but did not hear anyone except maybe Matt was close. Always like Danny's voice and Adam is quite impressive. Chris is very good and Allison has got it all together, but please get rid of Lil. She now has an attitude.

April 22, 2009 at 6:55 am | Report abuse |
  25. Connie

Adam is the winner, let's just end the season right now. As for Danny Hokey Gokey, your sympathy hour is over; go home.

April 22, 2009 at 6:17 am | Report abuse |
  26. Teri

Adam was superb; he actually brought tears to my eyes and that has never happened, but then again Adam never dissappoints,

I agree Lil has to go and Anoop. I still think Adam, Gokey and Allison.

Adam has idol status though, he never lets us down... I have never watched this show until I saw him sing.

April 22, 2009 at 3:17 am | Report abuse |
  27. Kansas Resident

My prediction of the final three is Adam,Danny and Allison. in that order
    the rest will soon be packing thier bags
    Anymore i do not look at the television while Chris is performing as i cannot stand looking at his crooked jaw action he is not that great
    Matt has a great voice but i agree with simon he does not have a chance at winning
    Lil is becomming a disappointment week after week and does not have a chance
    Anoop sounds good but also no chance at winning

April 22, 2009 at 1:59 am | Report abuse |
  28. EDDOC

Goodby Lil and Anoop–Matt gets another week and then he is gone–doesn't really make a lot of difference–your final four has consistently done the best the last few weeks, and should be Adam, Chris, Allison, and Danny. 4 very talented people with a great future. Everyone else I'm afraid will be limited to lounges and cruise ships.

April 22, 2009 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
  29. Fran

I'm a 65 year old grandmother, and I can't get enough of Adam Lambert. He rocks our living room! I think anoop and Kris are both boring (believe me, old people fall asleep when nothings happening, and they both put me to sleep). I cannot STAND Matt with his little pillbox hat doing bad imitations of JT...if he's got something of his own, I haven't seen it yet. Gag. I think Danny and Allison are both good, but nowhere near Adam's caliber. As far as Lil is concerned, has she EVER sang half a song on key? She is so darn screechy, so pitchy and so off key, I cannot even imagine why anyone would vote for her. We actually pause it, then fast forward through half her performance...hurts our ears. Adam could hit platinum with a release today.

April 21, 2009 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Adam Idol

All of these talents are good and perhaps the most gifted as a group considering all seasons. We all have differences in opinion for style and taste but for pure vocal ability I think Adam should win. After that Kris with Matt, Danny and Allison closely following in no particular order. Finally, Anoop and Lil. Seems to me Anoop and Lil are going to have opportunities come their way but they seem to have some difficulty with pitch and pizazz. What a great group of performers. Makes you wonder who else is out there just waiting to be discovered.
    Best of luck to all.

April 21, 2009 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Forry

I am truly amazed at Adam's versatility. The guy can sing in any genre. At first I wasn't impressed with his "rocker" look but he does grow on you. This guy is the spitting image of Elvis IMO. He could do an Elvis movie today and make a fortune. Heck he could probably sound like him too. Very talented.

Danny is another one who will move on. I really like his voice and his composure. He will be in the finals.

My pick for the final 3 are Adam, Allison and Danny. I give the nod to Adam though because he can sing anything with an original twist and make it sound amazing. Simon will love to get his record making claws into him!

April 21, 2009 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Diana Bing

A very boring night at the American Idols...even the judges, saying the same thing over and over, were tiring.

April 21, 2009 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Debbie

It wasn't so good either. I am so disappointed with the entire show. After a week of anticipating a lot of great DISCO music....we got a bunch of disco songs that were RUINED by bad arrangements..with a few exceptions. Those kids don't even know what disco music is. Who could DANCE to THAT!

April 21, 2009 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Patti

I don't see what all the hype is about with Adam. He sounds the same every week and has had alot of experience but I personally don't care for him. I think Danny is the best and should win but won't since the judges, especially Simon try to sway the votes to Adam and Allison.

April 21, 2009 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Happy in Arizona

The 16 year old has a strong voice, but no matter what she sings it is the same. Personally I can't stand her. The top two will be Adam and Danny.

April 21, 2009 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Sharon

Lil has every right to have an attitude, they have crushed that girls spirit and really messed with her esteem. they complimented every last one of those non-singing people tonight but her. The judges were way too critical. They could have thrown her a bone. I HOPE LIL EXCELS LIKE JENNIFER HUDSON. That was wrong on so many levels to treat her like that and praise all the rest of the group, just lousy.

April 21, 2009 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Rod Butler

Dump the new 4th Judge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Takes too much out of the show and I don't like her period, anyway....

April 21, 2009 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Kicks & Giggles

You guys are right about Lil's attitude. Confidence is a must but Lil has gotten plain arrogant as she receives their feedback. I think someone has whispered she has a deal in the mix post idol. She is only going thru the motions now.

April 21, 2009 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Cy

I think she's just beaten down by their constant intense criticism. I think she works hard, she's got "a great instrument" (as they say); she lacks artistry and training.

April 21, 2009 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  40. James

Lil is in danger not only because of her mediocre vocal skills, but because her attitude has become increasingly worse over the weeks, and she never seems to listen to the judges.

April 21, 2009 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Cy

Well, so much for that. I think they put her first 'cause they want her gone. I don't think they need to be worried. She looked good....

April 21, 2009 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Cy

If Lil brings it this week, which maybe she will if she thinks she has nothing to gain/lose, it will be VERY interesting! I just hope Danny is more interesting than he has been!

April 21, 2009 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Gkygrl

Adam is dressed to kill. I can tell he has something special in store for us!

April 21, 2009 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  44. JAS

Lil will go home. Lil better go home. Lil must go home.

April 21, 2009 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Shannon

I think LIL will remind us all why she is here. if not she can get ready to go home!

April 21, 2009 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Liz

Honestly, I think Adam is going to win this thing and I'm glad for him. However, I'm always reading how everyone always puts Anoop down as being the next one to leave. Is he always in the bottom 3 because he's Indian? I'm not Indian, but it's my vibe. Stop thinking color people or popularity for that matter. Think "TALENT". He may not be the best singer out there, but he's not the worst and shouldn't always be in the bottom three. He sings his ballads very well. Perhaps he needs to work on his stage presence some more.

Which makes me think, why hasn't Lil been voted off? Hmmm? She's been the one who has been consistently "off" almost every week. Which is too bad, because I know she has voice but has made some bad choices. But knowing that doesn't give her the right to continue week after week people.

And although, I like Allison alot, she's always has the "Same" singing style. There's no versatality within her singing style....unlike Adam who can probably pull anything off. As for the others, I find they're pretty average having some good days and some bad days, but I personally wouldn't spend my money buying their records if any of them won.

April 21, 2009 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Jannie

Kris and Anoop will have the most trouble with disco (even though I like Anoop very much). I bet Lil rocks tonight and, as always, I watch only to see Adam. He's amazing – others need not apply.

April 21, 2009 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Rob W

Yeah-but does Adam have to scream during every song--I'mover that already!

April 21, 2009 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  49. ASK

I don't know why they continue with this show. Send everyone else home, and have Adam perform 7 songs. We are really just postponing the inevitable. allison is a notch ahead of everyone else, but still well behind Adam, and the rest...get me a pillow and a blanket because I am feeling a little bored and tired.

April 21, 2009 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Yuck!

This fawning over Lambert makes me sick. He's had 17 years of professional musical theatre experience, people! He doesn't belong on this show & is the biggest ringer they've ever had! I miss the early years when it really was all about finding a diamond in the rough. Kelly, Clay, Fantasia, Carrie.... they'll never be duplicated. Idol has officially jumped the shark!

April 21, 2009 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Tracy

I think Anoop might surprise you all tonight! I think he could really shine with the disco theme. I'm ready to say goodbye to Lil for sure. But, let's face it, love him or hate him, Adam is in a league of his own.

April 21, 2009 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Bijoux

Adam will bring something to boring disco week that everyone will be talking about! I hope Anoop goes – I just don't like his preppy, spoiled only-child attitude. He sings OK, but is a snooze to look at.

I love Allison and hope she brings it tonight too. The others interchangeable for me.

April 21, 2009 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Susie

Adam Lambert is in a different league of his own. He is the total package. It is amazing that no one has ever mentioned that he looks and moves like Elvis.

April 21, 2009 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  54. ks

Lil doing bad tonight? I don't think so. She'll belt out Donna Summer I Feel Love, or She Works Hard for the Money. This might be her best week! I'm anxious to see what Adam does with disco. Should be interesting.

April 21, 2009 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Dee

Adam will be wild.....Anoop has a beautiful voice, but is not an entertainer yet..needs guidance. Lil and Allison both make me wonder how they got so far...one is off key alot and the other is boring. Kris has a great voice..but again needs to learn to be an entertainer. Don't understand the Matt save....doesn't stand out in talent enough to warrent a save. Danny sounds the same all the time. His voice is so distinctive that it actually is a hinderance for all styles of music. Adam has it all.....whether he's your style or not..He has the vocals..the style ..and the creativity to go outside the box on song stylings. Only my opinion

April 21, 2009 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Chuck

Anyone else think we will hear Macarthur Park Tonight.

April 21, 2009 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Gary

Well,that's it.We all agree.No need to listen to the singing.Lil and Anoop are history. And may the door hit Lil's big can on her way out.

April 21, 2009 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Carol

I'm thinking Lil and Allison will do the worst with the disco theme, but Allison won't be sent home. I think Lil and Anoop are the likely candidates to leave.

April 21, 2009 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  59. RLF

Ah, let's see. There's Adam... and possibly Allison. All the rest are in their dust.

April 21, 2009 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Natalie

I agree... I think Lil and Anoop will be the worst tonight. Time for them to go home. I think Danny and Kris will do great, and Allison and Matt will pull it off. Adam... I never know how to feel about him. I like him when he sings slow songs, and hate his screaming performances. He is a wild card...for me.

April 21, 2009 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  61. linda valenzuela

Adam has true talent originality and stage presence. This is what a true American Idol is made off. You rock Adam!!!!

April 21, 2009 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  62. VH

I think Adam will rock it out as usual. Danny will be mediocre. Allison will have the same sounding voice in this song as she does in every other song. Lil will disappoint again. Kris, Matt, and Anoop. . . .i wish they could send three people home this week. Why again was Matt saved???? stupid choice. thanks Simon.

April 21, 2009 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Brett

Though not a fan, I think this will be the week Lil will shine. This will be the week Danny and Anoop need to be concerned about. Matt and Anoop, though, will most likely be the ones to go this week.

April 21, 2009 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Justin DQ

Of course, Adam will do well as always. Don't really care about the rest of the group. I don't even remember what their names are... Diso night should be wild & fun. Hopefully it will be better than last week. Last week was soooo boring. Everyone sang ballads, except for Adam (who always brings something new & interesting everyweek). Yes, they all can sing, but only Adam can prove that he is an artist...

April 21, 2009 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Jan

Agree with previous post. Lil and Anoop should be in the bottom 2. The judges will once again trip all over themselves to pay compliments to another average gokey performance... I'm looking forward to performances from the talented top 4: matt, adam, kris, and allison!

April 21, 2009 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Marissa

Lil and Anoop wil do the worst. Danny will do ok, I think Matt will pull it out along with Allison. Adam will do what he does and those who love him will love him and those who hate his music style will hate his music style. Kris will do amazing as always.

April 21, 2009 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |