April 15th, 2009

Watch 'American Idol' results with CNN.com

“American Idol” went to the movies last night and tonight one of the contestants will take their final bow on the results show.

Top seven

Music from the movies was the theme and while the group as a whole didn’t exactly take Hollywood by storm, there were moments here and there – both good and bad.

It was a weird night with Quentin Tarantino serving as guest mentor and the judges critiquing in pairs. Tonight may also yield a few surprises in who lands in the bottom three and who ultimately goes home.

Do you think you know? Tune in to learn the results and watch scheduled performances by Academy Award winner and former “American Idol” contestant Jennifer Hudson and teen star Miley Cyrus.

CNN.com’s Lisa Respers France will blog live during the show. Leave your comments here or submit videos of your reaction to the results to iReport.

Has your favorite sung his or her swan song? Let us know and your comment may be used on CNN!

–Lisa Respers France, CNN.com writer

1. 007

Bye Anoop

April 15, 2009 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  2. John Schavone

I don't understand why everyone dislikes Anoop so much. I think overall he's done a good job, and last night's performance was very good; better than most of the others'.

April 15, 2009 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Megan

I stopped watching AI years ago after thinking that it was nothing more than a popularity contest. Seeing my favorites like Jennifer Hudson (and anyone remember Anwar Robinson?) get kicked off, I felt like this wasn't about who's got the best vocals.

Enter Adam Lambert.... 🙂

It's obvious to all that he is the favorite in the competition. And for once, I finally agree with America's voters! He is THE most talented performer I have ever seen on that show, consisting of the entire package: artistic talent, musical talent, stage presence and an authentic and creative personality. I wish him all the best!

April 15, 2009 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  4. VBvoice

no way will the judges save Lil!

April 15, 2009 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  5. 007

The save will have to be used eventually.

April 15, 2009 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Lesa

I don't even care about the results any more – as long as Adam stays till the end! I would buy tickets for his concert right now!

April 15, 2009 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Betsy

Anoop is at the very bottom for sure!

The judge, Kara, should go too! She just talks too much and makes the show too long. I wish I could vote her off!

April 15, 2009 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Julie

Lil
    Matt
    unfortunately, Alison

April 15, 2009 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Kathleen

I'm thinking Lil Rounds or Anoop will say goodbye tonight.

April 15, 2009 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  10. 007

My bottom 3 prediction tonight Anoop,Lil and Kris allen.

They save will be used tonight if Lil is in jeopardy. Cause the judges are waiting for her to have a break out performance.

April 15, 2009 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Janet

Lil has got to go.

April 15, 2009 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Maria

I think that Lil Rounds, Anoop Desai, and Matt Giraud will be the bottom three. Lil Rounds should go because every week she picks the wrong song.

April 15, 2009 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Annie

I believe Matt is too busy trying to sing high/low tones too much and ruins the songs,and sadly is trying to be Justin Timberlake – not happening!!! He doesn't move me. Kris is okay and has a good attitude and not self-absorbed.
    I believe Adam, Allison are in the running.

And Quetin Tarantino needs to stick to movies and is not the mentor of choice, I would choice.

April 15, 2009 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |