April 14th, 2009

Top 7: Adam Lambert is wild!

Adam, please have some pity.

Adam Lambert

Your fellow contestants are begging you to. Well, if they aren't, I am.

Adam has completely taken over this competition, and his "Born To Be Wild" was another performance that people are going to be talking about around the water cooler tomorrow.

You can tell that Adam just doesn't even care anymore. He's doing him, love it or hate it.

He is going to screech, wring out every note and rock across the stage all the way to the finals.

Filed under: Uncategorized

1. Joanne

Hey I don't care what anyone says I am a senior citizen and I love Adam. He has talent.... I listened to his song he sang "The Prayer" it was fantastic and the broadway plays he played in also. they were on you tube. I CANNOT SEE ANYONE ELSE WINNING this compitition other than Adam..... No one else even comes close to his talent. The others I am sure will wind up with record labels of their own.

April 23, 2009 at 2:02 am | Report abuse |
  2. JUDI

This guy is the new "ELVIS" he will rock this world for years to come.
    He is the "TOTAL PACKAGE". When you got it, YOU GOT IT

April 16, 2009 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  3. AJ

I LOVE Adam! I not only think he is the BEST singer EVER on American Idol but the best looking..... my oh my! he is Beautiful, I love watching him and its just fantastic that he can sing so great and be gorgeous!
    I dont care if he is gay or not, that doesnt change anything for most people... The boy has talent! oh and did I mention he is HOT as well!!! LOL... LOOOOOVE HIM!

April 16, 2009 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  4. matt

i don't know what all the fuss was about. i thought he was down right terrible. i honestly can't stand his screaming anymore, and i think he should have been in the bottom 3 this week. and please for the love of god stop referring him to Freddie Mercury. just because the kid is gay and can hit a high note, does not put him in the same league as Freddie. he (mercury) was one in a million and quite possibly the greatest front man of all time. adam lambert doesn't come close.

April 16, 2009 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  5. bernardo

Adam is our Freddie Mercury,our George Michael,our Elton John
    and if he;s gay,so what????Won't be the first,won't be the last
    But for sure he's the best since American Idol started
    I wish he could do CREEP(the RADIOHEAD'song but with the Damian Rice's arrangement.he'll kill the competition!!!!!!!(honestly,there's no competition now,ha,ha!!!!)

April 16, 2009 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  6. jim

Adam is the best performer, no doubt. But if he keeps up the 70's rocker style singing, he should listen to some old Deep Purple tunes. Ian Gilliam was an artist with the wailing/signing. If Adam keeps singing like Axle Rose, fans will eventually get tired of it. Someone tell him to listen to "Sweet Child of Time" on Deep Purple's Made in Japan album (remeber those?). If he can do that, he'll kill the competition.

April 16, 2009 at 7:04 am | Report abuse |
  7. Ben Lee

****YAWWWWWN***** can you all be more original with your reasons for not liking Adam's performances other than he screeches and screams? Trained vocalists have said he does not...anything new? Whether you love this guy or absolutely abhors him, you have to admit that you can't wait to see what he does each week...just so you will faint in delight or rip him to shreds – this dude makes headlines! It's immaterial that he wins American Idol – he's got a strong and loyal fan base already.

Adam scores and surprises again! BRAVO!

April 16, 2009 at 2:25 am | Report abuse |
  8. Joe Bass

My wife and I really like Adam. You can always be sure that you will get a totally unique ( for AI ) interpretation in every performance with song stellar singing. We really hope he wins it all.

The other reason that I hope he wins is that he is original, at least by the current trend of the music industry. I'm SO sick of the endless stream of cookie cutter Country crooners, Madonna wannabes, and Justin Timberlake sound-alikes that come with complimentary dance crews that the music industry (AI included) has been churning out for close to 20 years now. You need the FBI to do voice and facial analysis just to tell them apart, for gosh sakes!! I'm not saying these people aren't talented, but come on already, those acts has been done to death.

April 16, 2009 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  9. susan

Adam is honestly one of the worst overrated singers to be a top contender to win idol....This show is going to the garbage. I can't even believe ppl enjoy what he does. He can sing, but 99% of the time he chooses to scream and that's where he and I must part ways. I think once lil, danny, anoop, or matt gets eliminated....the votes will shift to one of them and adam will be gone for good...

April 15, 2009 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  10. JayeJ

You're the best...If I was American I'd be voting for you over and over and over again...You Rock!

April 15, 2009 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chrisrhim

The dude can bring it. It's his show. Even makes simon look dopey spatting w/ lil rounds.

April 15, 2009 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Gayla

How handsome & original. This young man is a true entertainer. Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!

April 15, 2009 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  13. smiley08

I want ADAM out of the AI this week!!!

April 15, 2009 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Bob

To all you Adam lovers, would you still love him if he were fat and ugly? Yeah, that's what I thought.

April 15, 2009 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Littlerockyr

Adam does deserve it, he works hard, he is amazing!

April 15, 2009 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  16. McStabby

Win or lose on AI, he has the vocals to succeed in Broadway productions or the like. As a rock/pop/whatever-star, he's much too OTT.

April 15, 2009 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Jac

Adam is amazing!! every week I tune into American Idol just to watch him. the other contestants dont even compare to him. even if for some odd reason he dosnt win.. he is going to make it big time!

April 15, 2009 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  18. lifelessons4u

Love watching American Idol just to see what Adam is going to do next. He is clearly the winner in this competition! They just need to stop the show now and declare him the winner. haha.

April 15, 2009 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  19. HELEN

HAVE YOU NOT BEEN REALLY PAYING ATTENTION !! HIS SLOW VOCALS ARE AMAZING! HE HAS THE MOST NATURAL FALSETTO VOICE IVE EVER HEARD! THAT IS NOT SCREECHING. THAT IS TECHNIQUE! I AM A VOCALIST AND IT IS NOT EASY TO DO WHAT HE DOES! HE CONTROLS THE PITCH AND TH EQUALITY OF HIS HIGH NOTES !! SO NEXT TIME YOU HEAR HIM REALLY LISTEN TO HIM!

April 15, 2009 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Jeremy

Those who think that "screeching" is all that he ever does obviously haven't followed the entire season. You know what? I'm not into his whole "80's hair-band" vocal moments either, but to say that that's what he's all about is ignorant. What does amaze me about him is how versatile he has been throughout the season. No matter what genre they throw at him (except country, I'll admit), he takes a song and owns it. We've seen his overly energized side, and we've seen his sensitive side, but he never seems out of his comfort zone. You don't have to like his style, his sexuality, or his high (and well controlled) falsetto, but please don't call him "talentless." That in itself is laughable.

I don't care about the outcome of the season; I could care less about what anyone sings on any given week. The ones I root for are those who know how to take command of their own voices and sing in tune no matter how difficult or delicate a song might be. So far, the ones that seem the most masterful in that are Adam and Allison.

April 15, 2009 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Maxine

Adam, like all of them, SUCKS
    80's hairband crossed with a gay musical
    PUKE
    They all sucked

April 15, 2009 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  22. deaf in mn

I'm sorry, there is no denying his talent, but he is too theatrical for me. Don't get me wrong, I love theatre, so would enjoy him onstage as long as he is not the leading role but as far as buying his record and hearing him scream every song...not happening. But just my personal opinion is all=)

April 15, 2009 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Travis

Meh. I liked it better than his other stuff up to this point but that's not really saying much.

He toned down the screeching a little which is the only thing that really made this butchering of Born To Be Wild bearable.

It's pretty obvious who exactly is being groomed/rigged/fixed up to win and the only way I would buy an Adam Lambert album would be to burn it.

April 15, 2009 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Paul S

He should QUIT the show right now, work on an album as fast as possible, and become one of the greatest legends of all time before he hits 30 years old.

I am a 21 year old straight male, and I am secure with my sexuality. In fact, I'm happy Adam is gay, it means more fish in the ocean for me 😉 lol, ADAM IS INSANE!!!!!

I want to know what Simon REALLY thinks, because Adam is the closest thing to Freddie Mercury, lead singer of Simon's favorite band. I bet Simon is privately salivating the complete GOLDMINE they struck with Adam Lambert. Trust me, he is going to be bigger than Elvis, The Beatles, and Michael Jackson. Give it time.

April 15, 2009 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  25. HJO

Aren't those haters entertaining? It's like watching FOX news. All I can do is laugh at them.

April 15, 2009 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Carol

American Idol is not about judging someone's sexuality. It's picking the next superstar singing sensation. I don't care what he does in his personal life. Adam Lambert, hands down deserves to be the next American Idol. He is an awesome singer, an outstanding performer, and very much grounded and humble. But as with every season, so it seems the one who you think should win, turns out not to be. Regardless, Adam Lambert will have a record deal and I'll be listening to him on the radio every chance I get. Go Adam!!!

April 15, 2009 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Candy C

Adam I will also buy all yourn CD's. You are ging to be very FAMOUS. The best performer in years, That's You.

April 15, 2009 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Candy C

Adam is the BOMB !!!! The best contestant EVER. What Paula said is so true NEVER has a contestant on American Idol made all the songs he sings his own. And all of his performances are amazing. just like the mentor this week said he waits all week to hear how Adam will sing in his next performance. It is always so unique.Adam America loves you!!!!

April 15, 2009 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Robert - Hollywood CA

Adam rocks!!! He has shown great artistry in both tender sounds (Mad world and Tracks of my tears) and bravo rock anthems.

Doesn't matter if Adam wins AI (he probably will) he had already won by the simple fact his career will rocket after this show. The judges are right on Adam is in a league of his own – superb voice and one of the best and most entertaining talent ever showcased on AI. My family and friends watch the show just to see what magic Adam pulls out of his hat week after week. Whether you love him or hate him, his performances are water cooler topics every week.

Amazing, Adam!!! I know many friends who can't wait to run out and buy your CDs.

April 15, 2009 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  30. *Jennifer*

I would much rather listen to someone who has a good voice than listen to Adam, who screams his lyrics. What is it, really, that people like about him? So he can jump around on stage, big deal. So can a monkey. Just because someone can perform, does not mean they can sing. Can you really see yourself cranking up Adam’s rendition of the song last night in the car? You’d be deaf…then again, maybe that’s the problem..!?!?! He should have gone home after “Ring of Fire.” I really hope Anoop stays out of the bottom 3 and takes the title in the end!! Lil is going home tonight. I’m from Tennessee, and I’ve been pulling for her since she’s local, but she hasn’t proven herself worthy enough to stay-Sorry.

April 15, 2009 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  31. bb

I find Adam to be too very annoying, reminds me of David Coverdale sometimes

April 15, 2009 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  32. greer klesk

I love Adam I think he is the one to win, I hope so he is a true artie and I would go and see him. I am and older women and my daughter that is 28 and grandkids think Adam is the one. We can not wait to see what he will do next. Lexington, KY Greer Klesk

April 15, 2009 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Jason

Well, it's ovious who the next American Idol is, which now makes the show boring, the suprise is over already, however I can do without all that nutty tonsil screaming and yelling. Just sing the damn song for crying out loud!

April 15, 2009 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Richard

Adam owned the stage last night. Every other contestant was bland by comparison. I gave him a standing ovation at home ... and all the popcorn in my lap dish fell on the floor. It was worth the mess I made. Grand performance. Absolutely grand.

April 15, 2009 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  35. 1oldcat

ADAM RULES!! HE HAS SO MUCH TALENT AND WILL GO FAR – NOTHING CAN STOP HIM NOW. I HOPE HE WILL CREATE MUSIC DVD CONCERTS ALONG WITH CD'S. WITH ALL THE DEPRESSIVE NEWS – WE NEED SOMEONE POSITIVE AND FUN LIKE ADAM.

April 15, 2009 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  36. cs

Anthony - you seem to forget Freddie Mercury of Queen!!! Who gives a crap who Adam sleeps with, when he is on stage he is a very talented sexy man.

April 15, 2009 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Marie

Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! I'm glad more of you are showing that there are those of us who cannot stand Adam! Granted, he is beautiful, eyeliner and all, but when he opens his mouth I cringe. If anything, he belongs on Broadway. Even then I wouldn't make the trip from NJ to see him.
    Next to go is Lil – please ... Danny and Allison are my picks for the final 2. We already have Justin Timberlake so why do we need Matt? As for Kris, I keep forgetting he is in the competition. Anoop has a sweet voice but I keep forgetting about him too.

April 15, 2009 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  38. H Stevens

Sorry if this has already been suggested, but I'd love to hear Adam do a Meatloaf tune. It'd be a perfect fit for his vocal style and theatrical stage presence.

April 15, 2009 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Joe

Personally I would not waste my money buying his CD.....I feel he has 'trashed' three or four classic songs this year on AL. He has energy but sorry it is not the energy or the sound that I want to hear. He should be in the final 3 for his performance tonight. I know in seven weeks I will not be happy because Adam will win AL this year...he is the 'Ringer' but I know he won't be successful on the open market but who cares ....Paula loves him!

April 15, 2009 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  40. MONA

ADAM IS BAD TO THE BONE. I THINK HE IS OUR NEXT AMERICAN IDOL.

April 15, 2009 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Helen

This Guy has got it and shows it every week. GO ADAM

April 15, 2009 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Parker

Adam certainly doesn't need American Idol for his career launch. He could walk right now and have a platinum seller.

One of those rare talents to come along and can sing anything without effort...true true talent.

Pretty nice eye candy too!

April 15, 2009 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  43. I hate Kris

To all the haters, give it up. The guy is hands down the best going. Whomever said the show doesn't start until Adam has performed is DEAD on right. This guy has charisma and presence – not to mention the chops to belt out ANYTHING he wants to.

No one else on the show even COMPARES to him.

Would you rather see HIM in concert or sit through Kris 'angsting' and mumbling his way through a series of forgettable love songs?

Blah.

Adam rules.

April 15, 2009 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Dave

He sucked again so I really don't get it. This poser needs to go.

April 15, 2009 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Guinness

LOL ok first of all all you people that say " He belongs on Broadway. That’s it. Nowhere else. Just Broadway." How pathetic are you... really.... really... you say Broadway like its a BAD thing... hello! people go there when they are at the TOP of their game so all you haters out there that say he belongs on Broadway thank you for complimenting him!

and yeah the boy is gonna win the whole dang thing!

April 15, 2009 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  46. JM

Ditto Meeeeep's comments. He sings songs in the way I'm craving to hear them. I rarely purchase music, but he can have my $20. I'm a woman and can't believe the anti-gay comments. Seriously, who cares? I still get excited about any Elton John song. And there are p-l-e-n-t-y of gay women singers...K.T. Lang and Indigo Girls to name two.

Adam knows how to punch it in just the right places to leave me feeling completely satisfied. I loved his hair and makeup tonight. Pure excitement.

April 15, 2009 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Stephen

Once again...another American Idol winner whom everybody loves when they are on the show, but can't sell a CD when they get off the show. Every song he does sounds like it belongs in a Broadway musical. Lame!

April 15, 2009 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Jennifer

You people must be blinded by the show. This is a singing competition....listen to him sing and he's not that great. I guess if you like screeching and squealing you'll love it. I hate it and can say I'll never buy his record and when it comes on the radio I'll be changing the station.

April 15, 2009 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  49. Jeremy

You can tell that this guy is a performer. He plays to the audience and works with the band so well. I've gotta agree with Jack, though; this week was too over-the-top for my taste. He sounded pitchy at some places as well. That having been said, you can tell he gets a real kick being up on that stage. Also, he still has great control over his vocal range, and you can tell he's been schooled well in voice. He "screeches" to fit the style of the song, but his timbre can be pleasant and controlled as we've seen in past weeks. He brings a high level of talent and musical skill to the show. Kinda wish he'd bring the pompadour back 'cause that was entertaining to see on him.

April 15, 2009 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  50. victoria

Adam is on top and yes he is wild but that is why I check in each week to see what he can do. I love watching him. He knows how to move and puts on a great show.I am in awe of him. He knows what he wants and is going after it. Best to him.

April 15, 2009 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  51. Eneri Rose

When I heard Adam was doing "Born to Be Wild", I thought that for the first time he might have bitten off more than he could chew.
    I'm an idiot! Every second of it was mad!

April 15, 2009 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  52. Bob F.

A CD full of songs with that high pitch 'trademark' scream will bore the daylights out of everyone. He belongs on Broadway. That's it. Nowhere else. Just Broadway.

April 15, 2009 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  53. Judy

Adam's great!!!!

April 15, 2009 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  54. MrsPops

Adam is light years beyond any contestant who has ever been on that show. Just amazing!

April 15, 2009 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  55. jack

America also liked the Backstreet Boys and Britney Spears but that does not make them quality musicians. I think adam has a great voice but his whole performance is totally over the top. Once he gets in the recording studio all of those high pitch screams and winks into the camera will lose their effect. Also, i am confused at what kind of artist he is. The judges talk about knowing his identity but every week he changes to me. He does a good job at acting the part each week for the different themes but thats all it is, good acting. He needs to find his true identity and not leave it the hands of people like Paula, Simon and the people that vote for american idol.

April 15, 2009 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  56. octobergirl62

Who cares about the boy kissing stuff – get over it man!

There are no words to describe how great this guy is. Week after week he wows us with his performances. I can't wait to see what he does next week. Even if he doesn't win – which I think he will – Clive or David Fosterwill pick him up. The kid has talent, unlike many performers these days who only sound good with the assistance of technology.

April 15, 2009 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  57. vivi

wow, he has the chops for sure. I was blown away, and he does that every week!!

April 15, 2009 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  58. Shane

I am so sick of Born to be Wild but Adam made it a brand new song! I would buy his version in a heartbeat!

This guy knows who he is and makes every song he performs his own.

April 15, 2009 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  59. BG

Adam is leagues above anyone else in the competition and even far above past season winners. He is a genius and a true original. I would be happy to see him on Broadway if that's where he ends up. Honestly at first I didn't want to like him–he seemed too hip and slick. But when he started singing early this season, my jaw dropped. He is for real, for real. Genius.

April 15, 2009 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  60. Mc

This "performance" sucked. We already did the 80's rock thing. He should be ORIGINAL.He has no commercial value. He didn't make it on his own for a reason. He will not sell a record. He will languish in off broadway productions.

April 15, 2009 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  61. Laura

Adam is great. He is above everyone. He will win one way or another.

April 15, 2009 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  62. Deb

Good Going Adam! I like rockin' out! It's the spirit of the social moment, just like it was in the 60's and 70's....We want to break free of the constraints of our nations high stress level. You give the power punch with your style of perfomance. It's very enjoyable. Yahoo! I was having a blast dancing to the Wildness of it all! Wonder what you have up your sleeve for next week? 🙂

April 15, 2009 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  63. Si

I think tonight set Adam apart from other competitors. He's super confident. And he performed like a real pro singer would do in their world tour. kudos. Keep this up and he may even win the competition.

April 15, 2009 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  64. leezer

Ok!!! Some people are forgetting what this VOCAL competition is about. It's not a screaming competition nor a who can sing the highest competition. It's about having the whole package ( great tone,good stage presence,and a connection to the audience) It's about selling CD's and who are you gonna pay to see.I'm sorry but adam has NO vocal tone what so ever all the other contestants have it It's amazing all some people care about is his annoying screeching. And please born to be Wild that's the best he could come up with. I just don't see him winning pleasepeople he can't win.

April 15, 2009 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  65. Meeeeep

Adam is amazing! Anyone who thinks he is a horrible singer must like the ordinary and mundane. Adam is outside of the box and I love it.

He's clearly the most popular contestant. He's the most talked about and even on here he has the most number of comments. The problem with that is people like to get too comfortable and stop voting, assuming that the person will be safe. Then again, if he doesn't win, I'm pretty sure he'll be more popular than the actual winner. Like Clay Aiken or Chris Daughtry were.

I'm not that into Idol in the way a lot of the obsessive idol fans are (like attending the idol tours, or going to see all the idols in concert). I've never bought any of the idol's CDs, or cared much about what they did after the show (except for David Cook and Kelly Clarkson – though I still never purchased anything by them). But I'm so excited to buy Adam's CD once it's out, and I'd love to see him in concert.

April 15, 2009 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  66. jennifer

I think that Adam is by far one of the best singers/performers in a long time...i would love to go to a concert of his to see what he thinks of next...we loved (again) last nights performance....he rocked out and had fun...looks like the band had a great time also...American Idols needs Adam....Adam no longer needs American Idol....and as for Simons take on last night...Simon isn't a big fan of the heavier music...so i wouldn't worry to much about it Adam...your really are the man!!!!

April 15, 2009 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  67. Maria

I think Adam Lambert was so amazing tonight and every other night! There is no reason to continue with the next 7 weeks because Adam already won!

April 15, 2009 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  68. Ellen

Adam is the only entertainment factor on the show this year. His performances have been so far above the others in consistency and energy that I can't wait until Tuesday and Wednesday to see what he has in store for the week. Who gives a flying fig what his sexual orientation is? He is pure adrenaline pumping entertainment. Get the album done and out there for the millions who will buy it. The craziest thing about this is my friends and I are 50 something professional women who are totally fascinated with Adam and his stage persona.

April 15, 2009 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  69. Chris

He is absolutely miserable to listen to. I really do not care if you can wail out a high E, unless you're the front man of Van Halen. The only notes in his whole performance that were on pitch were the high wails (which slid into place after a quarter note). Every other moment of the song (the parts that could actually be construed as singing), was pitchy and empty and disgusting.

A unique ability, without refinement, does not constitute talent. I would never listen to anything he recorded if he won the competition.

April 15, 2009 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  70. bob

I've been trying to place Adams voice and finally found a dead ringer to compare his range to.....Deep Purple. Opps, dated myself, but his range and vocal are perfect for Child in Time, Space Truckin, Lazy.

April 15, 2009 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  71. jaymoore

WOW! I have followed Idol for several years, and never, ever have I seen any other contestant compare to Adam Lambert. I'm a grandmother and his style of rock suits me to a T! He is phenomenal! I think folks are wrong about Alison.......she is a great singer, but tonight's performance was horrible. I lost count of the "off" notes. I'm still pretty sure that Gokey will be runner-up-a far distant second to Adam Lambert. Grandma is planning to attend her first concert in years!

April 15, 2009 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  72. Jane

I think it's funny that people post on here just to insult Adam, if you don't like his singing, fine. If you don't like him, fine. I guess I'm just not sure why you have this idea that anyone cares that you don't like Adam, I'm almost positive he doesn't.

April 15, 2009 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  73. Bill

Definetely one of the best talented all around performers on the show. David Cook still has more originality when it comes to making a song "his own". Adam's strength is screeching and yelling in-tune in his theatrical way. Its the same thing, week in and week out with him. Getting a bit boring, I'm not sure if I'd buy a ticket or a CD to listen to an hour of screeching pitch girl voice.

April 15, 2009 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  74. Kim

I think Adam is the only real artist of the group. I love Matt and his soulfull voice, I love Danny and his sound, but they always sound the same. They can't mix it up much, they pretty much have to stay in the same groove to sound good. Adam, on the other hand, he can do about any sound and be amazing. I don't gush over him, but I think he's an amazing talent and someone should sign him quick. Easy money.

April 15, 2009 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  75. Garry

Ghastly horrid....Great for the Theatre but buddy you gotta sing & stop acting & screaming...It's not working for me & don't understand exactly where American Idol is going if they feel a singing competion is screaming & yelling & belting out a song like you would see in any dinner theatre in vegas......Keep the acting for the Theatre' you belong in the bottom three! Sorry.

April 15, 2009 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  76. Donna

I do believe Adam was born to be a star. He's a true performer with incredible vocal abilities. You can't take your eyes off the man when he's on. I'm going to go through severe Adam Lambert withdrawal when this season of AI is over. Please FOX, would you produce a few shows of "Just Adam" in all his glory to tide us over unti we can see him live in concert.

April 15, 2009 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  77. Kelli

Just can't seem to get on the Adam bandwagon. I hear his great voice but something just puts me off and I really didn't enjoy last night's performance. Don't yell at me! 🙂 I know I'm in the minority.

April 15, 2009 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  78. singsemail@msn.com

ARTISTRY--TALENT--PERSONALITY---UNIQUE--–HANDSOME-–YOUTHFULLY VIBRANT---YOU WILL ALWAYS BE MY AMERICAN IDOL. (LOVE IT WHEN YOU SING THOSE ASCENDING SCALES.......ONLY PATTI LABELLE JOINS YOU IN THAT GROUP! GO AHEAD.....TAKE WHAT'S RIGHTFULLY YOURS!

April 15, 2009 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  79. Shannon

Adam belongs on in musical theatre. Seriously, he is not a commercial pop artist. I would turn that falsetto, shrieking voice off if I heard it in my car, but on a stage – he would be fantastic!

April 15, 2009 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  80. Judy

Adam is the best AI has ever had. I already bought all your songs on iTunes. Adam your live stuff is better than the studio. Don't let them over-produce you, the music loses some of your energy and raw sex appeal. I wake up with your songs in my head. You are absolutely fabulous! I am your slave.

April 15, 2009 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  81. *Jennifer*

I am so relieved to see that I am not the only person who can't stand Adam. That screeching has got to go. How can anyone say that his performance was "great" ? He really does belong on The Rocky Horror Picture Show. He sure looks and sounds the part!!!

April 15, 2009 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  82. Cindy

Am I the only one who doesn't like Adam? I wouldn't buy his cd in a million years.

April 15, 2009 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  83. Renuka

In the past 10 years there have been no TRUE rockers till now! Adam is a ROCK STAR – who cares if he's gay or whatever – judge him on his music. The music scene has not had this much sizzle since some of the great rockers of the 70's and 80's. You Go, Adam!!

April 15, 2009 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  84. Cycoblitz

Ever wonder, with so many extremely positive posts here, that you who want to hurt when adam sings just may be in the minority. And does it occur to you, Scott, that your preferences and dislike of his voice, is what we, who see all of his star quality, wonder about you?

April 15, 2009 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  85. Becky

Not my very favorite Adam performance, but this guy has unbelievable talent. "Mad World" proved his excellence as a singer- now he is just out there having some fun! I think he is experimenting to see what kind of album would work best for his audience. I think he should stick with the slower songs that show off his amazing voice a little more and do a little less of the screaming rock songs (but that's just my opinion.) He's a phenomenal talent and I look forward to hearing him every week.

April 15, 2009 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  86. Baltimore

His "singing" hurts my ears. It has nothing to do with being a guy. I enjoy Anoop, so what does that have to do with being a guy? I enjoyed Adam in the beginning but his constant SCREAMING is just mind boggling. This guy could go on stage, sit down in a chair and just SCREAM for 5 minutes and you all would praise him.

Wake up America, this guy is trash.

April 15, 2009 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  87. Moonflower

I was electrified by Adam's performance of 'Born to be Wild'! I remember (yes, indeed) the original recording so long ago by Steppenwolf and loved it then....but Adam's song was so good that I was dancing on my sofa at first (sitting) and then I stood right up and shouted! My daughter and I were watching – she didn't think I was weird doing that! lol Awesome, Adam...you do it every single time you try!

My first thought this morning was that I hope we hear from Adam sooner than six months after this season has ended! A one week wait would be too long for me! It seems like it takes so much time to get an album out there or even a concert tour! Adam's concert would be one that I would travel far far away to hear! Love, Flower

April 15, 2009 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  88. kristin

Adam Lambert is the real deal. the fact that he stays true to himself every week consistently, all while delivering the best vocals BY FAR, is exactly what is needed to breathe some fresh air into this competition.

April 15, 2009 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  89. Matt

will talk about him around the cooler all right, he should do Tina Turner, not Steppenwolf

April 15, 2009 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  90. Karin

He is AMAZINGLY talented. He clearly has the ability/talent to add his own twist to any song no matter what the genre... ... ...Job well done.

Keep having fun!!!!

April 15, 2009 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  91. Ed

It's been the Adam Lambert show for some time, and it's painfully obvious that nobody will, or is capable, or making a charge. Can you imagine how stupid the record studios that turned Adam away feel about now? I can't wait until next week to see what he does next. Simply amazing!

April 15, 2009 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  92. Dennis

I'm sorry but I thought that was his worst performance yet. He screamed, he redid the song and overindulge himself from the opening note. This guy may be a good performer but his voice was way off tonight. I'm in the half of the audience that Simon said would not like this version. It was awful. What's wrose is that everyone is fawning over this guy and he at best did the night's worst performance.

April 15, 2009 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  93. Fran

I love to listen to Adam sing, his voice is sooo awesome when he sings. He can sing any note that he needs to, he is my number 1 idol and he is going to be the ONE.

April 15, 2009 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  94. Diggity Dave

Adam is a good entertainer, but I would never, ever be able to stand listening to a full album of his singing. He'd be great in musicals, however. I felt like I was watching Easy Rider: The Musical. Sure, he might win just based on his popularity as a stage performer, but does it really matter who wins? Lots of people who didn't win the competition have found success, and some who have won just haven't. Not a fan of this guy.

April 15, 2009 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  95. liz

thank you for another unique performance. i agree with simon, i was more moved by last week's performance of 'mad world', but still, you brought a great deal of your own uniqueness to a classic!

April 15, 2009 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  96. Tom

this guy is too wild for me; would not make the best idol for America's youth! he should go and star in some play starring as a demonic character of some sorts

April 15, 2009 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  97. Gloria

YOU ROCK ADAM!!! You are a cross between Elvis and Ricky Nelson!
    I love the way you sing and dress!! You have my vote!

April 15, 2009 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  98. Susan

Screeching and screaming that is all he does. I am not an Adam fan and it would not hurt me at all if he went home. Allison, Danny, Matt, and Kris should be the final four.

April 15, 2009 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  99. Linda

As usual, Adam rocked! And hey, if he ends up not winning, he can probably do as well as Chris D is doing (and Chris was better off NOT winning, then he was free to do his own thing). Adam is the whole package as far as being a performer.

April 15, 2009 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  100. Susan

The person who wrote: "all he does is scream and screech and groan…" has obviously not seen all his performances – hello! Mad World & Tracks of My Tears proved that Adam is the 'real deal' as Tarantino said. Apart from singing talent, he simply has 'it', charisma in bucketloads.

April 15, 2009 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  101. Chickenhawk

Normally I only watch American Idol to spend time with my daughter who loves it. But this year, I look forward to Tuesday night just to see what Adam pulls from his bag of tricks. The real measure is he could sing any of the songs the other contestants sing, but which of them could handle Adam's songs. None of them. He's proven that he can sing (not screech) with the best of them. Rock on Adam!

April 15, 2009 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  102. Ro

All I can say is Adam Lambert is the next American Idol. Not too many people are keen on his vocals or performance, however the boy has both. Even creativity with the songs too, is what will make him make it all the way. I guarantee he will be one of the top 2 still standing at the end of this season.

April 15, 2009 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  103. Viviana

This guy is going to be the next american idol!!!hes awesome!! he reminds me of mick jagger, he's gonna be the hell of a rocker!

April 15, 2009 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  104. Deb

Although Adam's vocals were incredible, (it isn't screeching- he has total control of that falsetto!!) and he kills
    these classic songs that, if performed by anyone else, would just sound like a bad garage band, I didn't dig the backup singers.. and I really really really want to hear him perform a song mostly in his lower register. He hasn't done that yet and I think that would be amazing(think Billy Idol). Please Adam- give that to us next week – I can't wait!!! Except for Allison (LOVE that raspy voice), and Anoop (has a nice silky voice when he sings ballads)- the rest was BORING. More Adam!!

April 15, 2009 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  105. Janice

I am looking forward to TWO SONGS A NIGHT for Adam – that will be SPECTACULAR.

Send Liz, Matt, and Anoop home – and let's get down to Adam, Kris, Danny and Allison – THE FINAL FOUR!!!

Of course Adam is the BEST and needs to win!

ADAM FOR THE WIN!!!

April 15, 2009 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  106. Sally

Most of you people who complain about Adam's so-called "screaming" are being too hard on him. What about all the screaming, yelling and screeching by singers like Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston and Christina Aguilera? It's all part of their singing range and Adam's is no different. He's an incredible singer and incredibily versitile. It's interesting to see how much attention he's getting. Never before has an AI ever gotten this much attention. Adam is a star.

April 15, 2009 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  107. gina

Not my favorite performance...but he is an amazing entertainer! I must say, HDTV is not kind to him!

April 15, 2009 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  108. Barbara

Yes Adam it's a mad world and you are born to be wild!!!!!!! What a performance!! Many people can sing....but can they perform??

April 15, 2009 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  109. Marie

I like Adam, but there have been many superior voice before him, (Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, Daultry and many more) and I think he belongs on Broadway in a musical. Most of the comments that said he screams they are sooooooo correct. I do not see him winning.

April 15, 2009 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  110. josh

and honestly, if he were a hot girl... (Megan Joy sucked too buddy and she is smokin) it would make no difference... Adam is not that great as a main stream singer... his only hope is for manson fans to dig his style...

April 15, 2009 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  111. Helene Leone

Adam should have been singing in the 60's.. I would have bought every album he ever made. I absolutely adore him more and more each week.. He has a style of his own and I love that style. I look forward each week to see what he will do. I love him when he does ballads, and I love him when he rocks it out!!!!!!!! I guess you can say I just love him.

Adam, don't worry, if for some crazy reason you don't win, you have an amazing future ahead of you, and I'll be right there waiting on line to buy tix for you concert at Madison Square Garden..
    You really belonged in the Filmore East, but I guess people under 50 will not even know what that was.. What a shame!

April 15, 2009 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  112. Jackie

I had not really been a huge fan of Adam until tonight. His performance was amazing! I still love Allison but I am now definitely an Adam fan as well!

April 15, 2009 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  113. JustMe

Adam is amazing! He's the only reason to watch the show this year. The others pale in comparison. I can't wait to see what he does each week. What a brilliant future he has ahead of him!

April 15, 2009 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  114. EAM

I honestley can't belive you guys, this kid sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard to me, I just don't see it.

April 15, 2009 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  115. josh

I am done with Adam Lambert... At first, I thought... this kid is good, now I am just sick of the whole screaming thing! If this were the late 80s and he was auditioning for a hair band.... he would have the job, but there is not a big market for hair metal these days, and lets face it... his fan base will be gay folks, and his style certainly does not fit the norm for that crowd.

April 15, 2009 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  116. Russ

Adam is a poser. Last week he totally slaughtered (in a bad way) a great song. The original version from Tears for Fears and the remade version from Gary Jules make him look like a bad karaoke singer. Last nights song was incomprehensible. I am a musician and have not been impressed with his screaming/singing. If you want to see a bad rock musical he is your man. He would have been better served on the Rockstar show that was cancelled. That way real rock musicians could have shredded him and voted him off the first week.

April 15, 2009 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  117. Liz

Won't sell half as many albums as Carrie Underwood.

April 15, 2009 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  118. Kim

All I can say is – AWESOME. Adam is a natural. No matter what he sings he lifts your spirit.

April 15, 2009 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  119. Gwynn

I am a grandmother of 6 and I love this kid!!!!! Go Adam Gooooo!!

April 15, 2009 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  120. Herakles

Adam is an amazing singer/perfomers, but aren't the guidelines for being the AI a person who has not be coached/instructed/or taught about singing before the competition ever begins... nothing for nothing, this kid has been on stage since age ten and if memory serves me, he had received professional coaching prior to the beginning of American Idol 2009.

April 15, 2009 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  121. mich

Has anyone noticed how most of the negative comments posted about Adam here are from guys. If this was a hot girl I'm sure your comments would be different...jealousy can be a beast!! Adam's performances are the only ones I can remember an hour after the show ends!! There I said it!!!

April 15, 2009 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  122. Tom

Adam really is the only reason the family and I tune in week after week. My 16 y/o son said it best last night when he told us that when Adam come out on stage, it's like a special performance by an already established star coming to break up the monotony of the amateur singers in the competiton.

April 15, 2009 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  123. DC

Adam will be a huge star regardless of votes...last week was the first time I have actually paid to get a song off itunes....even if he "plays for the other team", he is sexy to both gay men and straight women....watch how far he climbs

April 15, 2009 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  124. Patrick

Adam completely blew away the six wedding singers he was up against last night!!

April 15, 2009 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  125. Amy

He's the only one who's actually having FUN- and is therefore fun to watch! His voice is amazing- so much like Robert Plant. I absolutely hate Born to Be Wild and Play That Funky Music- but he can make anything sound great! It's about singing but also performing- he's the whole package!!

April 15, 2009 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  126. Debbie

Adam is not only vocally in a league of his own, but he's uber-charismatic and he's just plain sex on a stick, no matter what your sexual orientation.

April 15, 2009 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  127. SMJ

As a performer myself, having been on the "big stage" and directed several musicals, I can say that Adam has everything it takes to be a superstar. Those of you criticizing his vocals obviously have no clue about range, control, showmanship, etc. He is the real deal. Kris is a close second – then Allison. The rest just need to go – QUICKLY!

April 15, 2009 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  128. Wendy

Awesome! Amazing performance!! The very best of the night! He stands alone and will be the winner!!!!!!

April 15, 2009 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  129. Garry-Arkansas

WONDERFUL, GREAT, FANTASTIC!!

April 15, 2009 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  130. Are you kidding me?

That was a horrible preformance. All wrong!! I can not believe people liked it. His range was way to high. Everyone seems to be in love with Adam because of his preformances. It is all drama. When he wins, he will be the next Steven Hicks, fun to watch but not to listen to on the radio!

April 15, 2009 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  131. ca2

what's funny is that the few people on here who make negative comments about adam are just BURIED by the TONS of positive comments. They're so few and far between, they're not even noticed.

It's like little kids with tiny, peepy voices trying to get attention in a room full of adults at an adult party. The adults are all chatting and loud and dancing and the little kids are tugging at the adults' pants, looking up, and whining about something and noone's listening. lololol.

Adam's an unbelievable talent.
    If you don't like him, little kids, go take your PSP and play in the corner and leave mommy and daddy alone. we're busy having fun.

April 15, 2009 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  132. Frequent Watcher of American Idol

Okay, people! We all know Adam can sing...I'll give you that...and, yes, he's got a little something different to bring to the table....HOWEVER, his range is always too high, almost corney, and there's no depth to his voice. It's like he is the lead singer of some corndog hair band back in the day. Yes, he's "rocker", but seriously...it's corney rock band. The only one who will be left on that stage will be Allison!!! You'll see! Another powerful "Kelly Clarkson" type in the making...

April 15, 2009 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  133. Kathy

I really can not stand Adam. He calls that singing i call that screaming. He is so over rated. We need a winner that can sing. I used to like that song and now i hate it. He has a good voice when he is not screaming. GO DANNY!!!!!!!!!!

April 15, 2009 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  134. Sharon

When Adam comes on it feels like the professional guest singer and not a contestant. He is so far above anyone whose ever been on Idol. I want to hear him do "The Temple" from Jesus Christ Superstar. Adam is one of the few I've heard who could give Ted Neeley a run for his money when it comes time to turn the thieves out of the temple.

April 15, 2009 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  135. YEC

If I were Adam, I would keep my connection to Quentin Tarrantino. If the boy does not win Idol, he has a career waiting for him on the stage or in the movies. Adam did with Born To Be Wild what David Cook did with Billie Jean. He took a song I have a heard a million times, could live to be 100 and never hear it and be perfectly happy, and turned it into something I wanted to hear. That's how Cook won, and that's how Adam will win.

I want to address the speculation that he is gay. So what? I only care that he makes great music. Everything else makes him who he is, and able to make great music.

April 15, 2009 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  136. Joy

I think Adam is the best singer/performer AI has ever had on the show and I'm an old lady from TN. I wish some network would do an Adam Lambert "special" when AI is through for this season. I want his first cd to not only be a music cd but a performance cd. He's just has that magical star quality that you want to keep watching. He is a very, very talented young man. Keep voting for him. Adam you were born to entertain the world. Thank-you.

April 15, 2009 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  137. Dean

I know nothing about music, except I have been playing guitar for more than 20 years, have taught guitar and been a few bands over the years. I do know something about music and musical theater. This is what it is.

April 15, 2009 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  138. Ashley

I literally felt that I was in a concert when Adam was on stage. I am usually more of an R&B listener but Adamhas converted me. He is awesome hands down.

April 15, 2009 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  139. alexandra

Adam is one of the most talented vocalists ever to be on AI. His stage presence is professional. He knows how to perform and feels perfectly comfortable onstage. He's versatile and has made that obvious in his performances. Look at the differences between last week's Mad World and last night's Born to Be Wild. To say that every performance of his is that "it ALWYS seems like musical theater(sic)" is ridiculous. You obviously haven't seen much musical theatre.

He's talented, fun, entertaining, professional, attractive, and a sweet, genuine human being. He appeals to a large demographic and, if there's justice in the reality tv world, he's going to be the next American Idol. Regardless, he'll have launched himself into his career to a much further extent than any of the others. There has never been a contestant with this much buzz before. Congratulations, Adam.

April 15, 2009 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  140. Craig

America is tone deaf. Adam is a HORRIBLE singer. All the others have more of a mass appeal than this freak! If he does win, he will be another Ruben Studdard.... never to be heard from again.

April 15, 2009 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
  141. Jenny Denlinger

I am a music (choir) teacher. To those who say Adam is screeching or screaming, I beg to differ. There is definitely musicality in those notes. Many other contestants over the years have screamed some high notes, but he doesn't actually just scream unless it's intentional. There is a big difference. I finally figured out where I think he fits in the music world - he would be a great lead for a rocker band - like Queen, etc. He could still do ballads in that genre. It would be awesome and I would buy!

April 15, 2009 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  142. Dean

I think Adam is a great singer, The problem for me is that it ALWYS seems like musical theater. Most (for me , all for others) of his performances have been stellar, but not a single song is one that I would go out and buy the CD for. The question is will he make an album that people will play? I think his live performances will be a lot better. Oh, also, I always feel that he is acting and really don't know him. Even in life he seems to be acting, we used to call them posers when I was kid.

April 15, 2009 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  143. Linda

One word.......BRAVO!

April 15, 2009 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
  144. Joyce

I'm 59 yrs old and I would buy Adam's CDs. He's the clear winner this year. Also love his hair style. It fits him and his style of singing.

April 15, 2009 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
  145. Jill

I love Adam and every week I can't wait to hear him sing, but I honestly hope he doesn't win because I think he will be able to sign a better deal and not have to be tied to the Idol contracts. He is by far the best, but do you remember Dolittle? She was the best that season but was voted off.

April 15, 2009 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
  146. Mari

I think this was the worst performance of the night. Can he stop screaming already. If he is such a great singer why does he have to scream the song. American Idol he is not

April 15, 2009 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
  147. Barbara

Well, here we go again. Screaming Adam, How in the world can any of you enjoy the music and the voice of this guy. Terrible Terrible< TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please , I hope there is enough of you all out there that feels like myself and send this guy HOME!!!!!!!!! What a waste if he makes the "AMERICAN IDOL"

April 15, 2009 at 7:57 am | Report abuse |
  148. Pete

How is Adam 26 years old and not already performing professionally and making a boatload of cash? What the heck has he been doing the past 5 years?

April 15, 2009 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |
  149. Bren

Adam ROCKED as usual. The back up band dropped the ball last night. Simon's comment should have been directed at the band. I would love to hear Adam rock that song with a truely amazing band. Love you Adam! And we both know you ARE the next American Idol.

April 15, 2009 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
  150. Marty

I thought he was terrible; Steppenwolf should be so offended that they never allow anyone to sing this song. Come on people look past those tweenkie looks and see him for what he is. An over rated performer; he will never make it in the music industry. I have two words for you Adam Archuletta. Blew everyone away week after week until it mattered most; it is going to happen again this year.

April 15, 2009 at 7:51 am | Report abuse |
  151. Kate Rydquist

Adam was phenomenal last night. He was a star the first time he stepped on the Idol stage. Adam, David Cook, Elliott Yamin and Carrie Underwood (all unique, original) are the four best to ever have appeared on Idol!!! They are the only 4 that I have voted for!! Love them!!

April 15, 2009 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
  152. Pam

I HATED it but ya know Simon said that half would love it and the other half would hate it. He is just tooooo weird.

April 15, 2009 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
  153. Pam

I HATED

April 15, 2009 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
  154. Diane

Is Adam a performer-yes
    Can he sing--yes

Do I want him to win American Idol-absolutely not!!! I would never buy one ticket to see him perform in concert, I would never spend a nickel to buy a CD. It has nothing to do with him being gay–I just don't like his style. I like him better when he slows it down but I still don't want him to win. I would rather see any one of the other six than him.

Do I think he will win-probably but I hope not!!

April 15, 2009 at 7:34 am | Report abuse |
  155. Karendoes

I hear all the love for Adam and he is damned impressive.

What is he going to record, unique and all his own, that will play well on the radio? I haven't heard that from him yet.

Hopefully he will be a HUGE star, but will he play out as a pop star? Looking back on all the seasons: most of the winners you all have picked thus far haven't made a huge impression in the charts.

April 15, 2009 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
  156. Joe

I totally disagree with alot of comments on this blog regarding Adam. He reminds me of Adam and the Ants from the 80s. He screams his songs and when he isn't screaming hismusic he is only talking through the song. I will give him his due.....every week he adds to the show but in my opinion the music business already has their fair share of performers like him......spiked hair leather jacket. I would have voted for him a few years of go on the show Rock Star Super Nova...that is the type music he will perform if he wins this competion.

April 15, 2009 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  157. Chuck

Over-the-top, shrill, self-indulgent, off-key cheese.

He just can't sing that well, but hey-he looks good and he knows how to work a stage; unfortunately, he will win.

April 15, 2009 at 7:23 am | Report abuse |
  158. Phil

I'm always glad when the Adam 'self-indulgent' side show is over. Then we can get to the contestants who actually want to cut a record.

Simon nailed it with the rocky horror comment.

April 15, 2009 at 7:22 am | Report abuse |
  159. janet

adam you know you have the IT FACTOR it's funny to read the comments from some of the male population who are just plain jealous of you and how in the world you are able to entrance men, women , young and old, black and white into watching you each week. win or lose i'll buy and listen to anything you put out-you have an amazing voice. last night you PERFORMED! GREAT JOB!

April 15, 2009 at 7:17 am | Report abuse |
  160. Pam

He makes my skin crawl......so very weird.

April 15, 2009 at 7:10 am | Report abuse |
  161. Solomon

Adam Lambert is the most overrated contestant in Idol history. I seriously disagree with all those who thing he's such a great vocalist. I don't care who or what he kisses. He really is a musical theatre performer. He should stay in theatre.

April 15, 2009 at 7:10 am | Report abuse |
  162. tkrog

coolaid drinkers...the screamer is just your current flavor...step back for a moment and open you're eyes...don't be so shallow as to believe that a person who actually does NOT enjoy the sound that comes from his face is a homophobe or unsophisticated...it's called an opinion or preference...when i was a youth in this country people used to say "it's a free country"...everyday that goes by, that refrain is less true...as to the screamer, i'll quote one of the judges "for me dude, that just doesn't work, for me"

April 15, 2009 at 7:02 am | Report abuse |
  163. molly shepherd

First, WHY does everyone assume Adam is gay? Because he's handsome and polite? (Speaks volumes about all you "straight" males out there, doesn't it?) He has not claimed to be gay or straight. It's no one's business!

Second, his preferences should absolutely NOT matter, nor even be an issue. He's the most talent the show has ever had on, and I find that hard to say because I totally LOVE David Cook. But come on: this guy has it all and then some!

As for you people with the "screeching" word: you must have been among those who missed his awesome, spine-tingling performance last week when you were all to dopey to set your TiVos to stop 15 minutes later!!! DUH
    Adam, YOU ROCK!! YOU are what American Idol is all about!!!

April 15, 2009 at 6:44 am | Report abuse |
  164. Steve

Easily the second worst of the night. Don't know about you but getting tired of the screeching. Records.....would I buy his.......no!

Tracks of my Tears........great....born to be wild.........puke.

April 15, 2009 at 5:50 am | Report abuse |
  165. Randy

Sheri, why did you say "predictable"? When you wrote "bizzare" earlier in the sentence, it meant that he is "UNpredicable and different"! Good job girl! And people sease to amaze me when talking about Adam! EVERYONE knows he has a unique voice, but he IS a love him or hate him type of singer. With that being said, he is far from BAD and has only screamed in two songs (A little this week and a little in the first week with Satisfaction)... Great job people, lol!

April 15, 2009 at 5:13 am | Report abuse |
  166. StillHurting

Seriously, when he sings my dogs run around in panic. His singing hurts and unbearable. Get a clue! You sound like nails to a chalkboard. It hurts!

April 15, 2009 at 3:39 am | Report abuse |
  167. Danny

This guy is good....but he's been on Broadway and doesn't seem like a fair shake to the rest of the amateurs. Am sure, tho, that this guy is making it all the way to the end of the competition – no doubt!!!!!

April 15, 2009 at 3:09 am | Report abuse |
  168. Jerald

I'll buy his CD, I'll go to his concert, heck, I'll fly to New York to see him on Broadway. No other idol contestant has appealed to me in so many ways. And I've watched every season.

April 15, 2009 at 2:55 am | Report abuse |
  169. LeoD

Simon's right, last week's performance was better. I've listened Adam's studio version of Mad World over and over and over. Man, it's the best "original" version I've heard in AI since. At least Simon said that he still liked Adam's performance this week. If Adam raises (his) bar each week, it would be difficult for the rest to catch up. Sorry Lil, it the end of the road for you.

April 15, 2009 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
  170. Sara

Adam has the incredible ability to take the essence of a song to its logical conclusion in terms of stretching the vocals to the limit. Like, if you are singing about being born to be wild, then, you better believe it and show it!. He makes this choice to believe and become what he is singing. Plus, he has the talent to pull it off. Way cute, too.

April 15, 2009 at 2:23 am | Report abuse |
  171. Kevin

Adam is the most original and talented singer that has ever graced the Idol stage. Since Fox can't deliver news, they can at least deliver us unparalleled talent who's name is Adam Lambert.

April 15, 2009 at 2:20 am | Report abuse |
  172. GeeDub

I think the # of comments about the others vs. Adam Lambert tells all......this guy is way in the lead, however I predict Allison and Chris will close in on his lead.....it should be a great finale

April 15, 2009 at 1:53 am | Report abuse |
  173. Brian

Adam is overrated. No where near the top idol in history.

April 15, 2009 at 1:53 am | Report abuse |
  174. lou

OUCH. That was painful. A has-been Axl Rose sings Steppenwolf.

April 15, 2009 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
  175. GeeDub

Adam is amazing, although this was not his best......and, he needs to watch out that his songs don't start all sounding the same....he is a performer with great vocal skills....just do some more of that soft stuff to woo the ladies, you already have the Gay community! Personally, I love the lil red rocker chic

April 15, 2009 at 1:43 am | Report abuse |
  176. Noah Samuels

hhhmm...Freddie Mercury, Elton John, Andy Bell (from Erasure), Boy George, George Michael...to name a few....

April 15, 2009 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
  177. Marg

Adam...your talent is amazing and I agree with Ally that you use your vocal cords as Hendrix used the guitar...just amazing! You're very entertaining and to boot you have a great voice, you're sexy, cute, you come across on stage as a tough rocker who knows who he is and then when it's all over you show us that great smile and that overall sweetness that just shines from you...don't ever lose that!!!! Enjoy this is your time!

April 15, 2009 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
  178. Surfgirl

Too much shouting in the end! Not good! Don't believe? Listen to the original!

April 15, 2009 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
  179. Dorothy

Adam rocks. He won as far as I am concerned. There is no one even close

April 15, 2009 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  180. Jeremy

Sorry, but Adam will probably not have polyps on the vocal chords. His technique is correct, he clearly understands how to care for his voice, and he's not screeching or screaming, contrary to what some people here say. His singing is supported and generally placed correctly. He also has a significant theater history, which requires extended performances in consecutive nights, so I doubt endurance is an issue. I'm sure he knows how to care for his voice or it would have been gone years ago. You may not like what he sings or how he chooses to do it, but anyone who doesn't appreciate his vocal control simply doesn't understand what he's doing.

April 15, 2009 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
  181. lynnie

I AM VOTING FOR ADAM!!!

PEOPLE LET'S VOTE!!!!

HE IS IN 3 RD PLACE BECAUSE EVERYONE THINKS HE IS GOING TO WIN.!!!!

NOT SO – IF YOU DON'T VOTE....

April 15, 2009 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
  182. Joe Bass

"anthony writes “Adam probably will win. But if he’s Gay i doubt he will be very successful. How many out gay Rockers top the charts? None.”

Uh, have you ever heard of Freddy Mercury of Queen or Rob Halford of Judas Priest?"

No to mention Elton John, George Michael, Melissa Etheridge, Lance Bass, Liberace, Little Richard (maybe).

April 15, 2009 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
  183. ST

Wow, another amazing performance!! Adam ALWAYS delivers an entertaining and unpredictable performance. He always puts his own stamp on each song and makes it unique. I don't think Adam was being self-indulgent tonight; I think he was expressing himself in the way he feels most comfortable - which involves all those crazy notes in the high register. He's got some mad vocal skills! Adam all the way!

April 15, 2009 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
  184. Laura

I enjoy watching Adam every week on AI. BUT, I have seen many of his videos on Youtube. I wonder what type of recording artist will Adam be . . . Will he be what we see on AI every week? I will gladly buy Adam the AI artist. Or will he be more theatrical and glam like his Youtube videos? I am not thrilled by his outlandish performances. It should be interesting to see what Adam does after AI.

April 15, 2009 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  185. Sally

Adam is gorgeous and sooo talented and so much fun to watch and listen too. Incredible voice and he's HOT! He's got it all and those other contestants are so boring. Cookie cutter performers. People like Sheri are probably boring people who like boring performers like Hokey Gokey. American Idol is about finding the next exciting, new star that brings some incredible talent to the music industry. Creepy? That just shows how uncomfortable people like Sheri are with people who are not like you. Thank goodness they;re not like you!

All my girlfriends think Adam is incredibly sexy, handsome and mind-blowing talented and he comes across as a pretty nice guy in all his interviews. Very cool. Love you Adam!!

April 15, 2009 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  186. Laura

Adam is the best PERFORMER in the history of AI. Adam loves old rock music. Tonight, for a few seconds in the middle of the song, Adam kinda slowed it down and sounded like Led Zepplin briefly for a couple of seconds. Then he did his Axl Rose imitation. My husband loves the 1970s rock and I love the big hair bands of the late 80s. My husband and I both enjoy watching Adam. However, my husband and I think Anoop was the best tonight.

April 15, 2009 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  187. Milagros Orrego

I see American Idol in Peru every week , here is on saturday and sunday , so on tuesday y look the new performance of Adam in internet and I cant wait to se the next!! he is amazing and I have all his songs dowloaded on the Mp3 of my cellphone
    and I can hear all the songs again and again , his voice and the songs he choose are incredible .He ´s the winner .
    Go Adam GO!!!!

April 15, 2009 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
  188. JC

Adam is so incredibly talented, it's a pleasure to watch him and root for him every week. Go Adam and don't change a thing!

April 15, 2009 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  189. Joan

Not Adam's best week....but he's still the best in the competition!

April 15, 2009 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  190. Tina

I love Adam and I am sorry to say this was my least favorites of his performances. It seemed a bit rushed in a wrong way to me. Still loved his screaming voice though!

April 15, 2009 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
  191. Elena

OMG! Loved it. It was high energy which the show needed after the other boring performances exept for Allison. He had fun and it showed. Last week was great but I think he wanted to unwind and let loose. WOW ! I havn't seen such a great performer that can do everything in a long time. Adam winning idol will complete the shows search. It will be the climax of 8 Years of looking. What a ride he has given us and I don't want to get off.

April 15, 2009 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  192. Lola

Adam sang Born To Be WIld better than than the original recording!
    This guy is amazing and ialready s a star.

April 14, 2009 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  193. karen

Talented, yes. But are we looking for a "punk rock" singer again?? Isn't that 70's ish????

April 14, 2009 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  194. Elizabeth

Adam will win this competition, and we all know it by now. I'm over the moon for him. I also love his personality when he's not performing. He comes across as very modest and polite.

All that said, I do think Kris gave Adam some competition this eve... not enough to change the ranking, of course.

April 14, 2009 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  195. rox

I think most people would agree , women mostly, we love it when Adam stares into the camera or audiance w/ his sexy half smile.Yep,that pretty much does it for us..

April 14, 2009 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  196. M.A.S.M.A

Middle Aged Soccer Moms for Adam!!! Love to watch you every week. #1 all the way. Allison is my #2 – you go little rocker chick!

April 14, 2009 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
  197. sara

My all time favorite is satisfaction second time around.

April 14, 2009 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  198. Elisa

Adam is AMAZING and the only real reason I eagerly tune in to AI every week. He is head and shoulders above the rest of the contestants; there's just no competition anymore. I don't generally buy music but will certainly plunk down my hard-earned money to buy his first CD.

April 14, 2009 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  199. tom

I think our son was excighted to hear the rocker back again, he loved it!!

April 14, 2009 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
  200. Dean Ryan

Adam Lambert never fails to mesmerize me with the artistry that is very transparent in his performances. He is not scared to exploit the extremes of his vocal range. Adam, please continue to surprise us!

April 14, 2009 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  201. sue

At first I told my family this wasn't my favorite one but i'm already finding my self playing it over and over, go figure.

April 14, 2009 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  202. gk

predictable? that's the word to describe Danny. Kris. Mat, Anoop, Lil, and Allison.
    Adam rocks!

April 14, 2009 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  203. Pam

==================================================
    Now Anthony you don't know your classic rock bands now do you? Freddie Mercury from Queen was gay and they were one of the most successful bands in the world! Adam by the way reminds me of Freddie with the way he sings and his stage perfomance. All my votes tonight went to Adam and Allison who I hope will be the final 2!

April 14, 2009 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  204. Jeanie

It was awful. Think Peter Fonda and the gang would ride to that. The song has meaning and his screaching doesn't work at all. Just don't see thast meshing with a nice Harley and the wing in your hair.

He needs to be in the bottom 3 once as a wake up call.

April 14, 2009 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  205. Steve

Adam's screeching and freaky image are novelties that make him popular but this will wear thin, he's WAY overrated! Granted, out of the box he's entertaining to watch, but by using the same bag of tricks over-doing every song, his "artistry" is null. Not very original other than the high chops...seems the estrogen supplements give him an ufair edge. I predict the judges bring this to light, his stardom fades, it's Kris, Alison, and Danny as the final 3 real singers.

April 14, 2009 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  206. Sheri

Yes, Carol, everyone will be talking about Adam's performance tomorrow – because it was bizzare! He's creepy and predictable. He bores me.

April 14, 2009 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  207. carol

One more thing...the performance everyone will be talking about tomorrow, Adam's!

I thought Anoop redeemed himself, but the rest were forgettable. I usually enjoy Kris but these last 2 weeks; awful. Danny is the same every week. Lil is toast. Allison was so off key but did anyone notice that neither Simon nor Paula commented on the performance...that's because it was baaad. Matt was boring.

I guess not everyone likes rock music or Adam's reworking of some classic tunes, but the man brings it every week.

Did everyone notice Randy and Kara rocking out to Adam!

April 14, 2009 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  208. Ani

Bob, WE WOMEN don't need anyone to tell us who to love.
    Adam is a great singer and entertainer. He does scream too much for my listening pleasure BUT I enjopy watching him every week! He is already a professional. AND He doesn't argue or comment while the judges are talking! Which is really irritating.

April 14, 2009 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  209. whatever

anthony writes "Adam probably will win. But if he’s Gay i doubt he will be very successful. How many out gay Rockers top the charts? None."

Adam kicked butt yet again! My wife and I rush home from work on Tuesday nights to make sure we don't miss Adam's performance!!

Anoop surprised me this week too...Anoop Dogg in the house!

April 14, 2009 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  210. Bob

I predict he od's before he's 30.

April 14, 2009 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  211. Pat

Funny to see all the males here hating on Adam and all the chicks here digging on him. Jealous if you ask me. Im a male and thought he was friggin awesome. He will win this competition and we all know it, love that idea or hate it. He reminds me of so many great rockers I think he has a very successful career ahead of him, go buddy go :).

April 14, 2009 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  212. Dignan

Note to JJ: Why do you have to go there? I fail to see how anything Simon said was homophobic.

April 14, 2009 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  213. Sheri

Weird, weird, weird. How did he get this far? He's become boring and sounds the same each week. And, gawd, he wears more eye make up that I do!

April 14, 2009 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  214. eyesWIDEopen

I can't wait to download his album (for free, of course) just so I can have the pleasure of putting it into the Recycle Bin.

April 14, 2009 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  215. me

Watch Adam on Utube...his songs are sounding alike...screeching with his falsetto voice! Change it up next week.

April 14, 2009 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  216. Georgia

Adam is remarkably talented and I've enjoyed his performances to date. Tonight felt a little too self-indulgent, though. He's starting to come across as really confident he's going to win. Despite that, he's absolutely in my top two choices!

April 14, 2009 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  217. laura

Just listen to the notes this guy hits! He is PHENOMENAL!! His stage presence, that face, those EYES! He lights the place up just STANDING THERE. He Has 'IT"

April 14, 2009 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  218. carol

Just finished watching this performance for the 10th time! All I can say is WOW! This guy is on fire. He owns the stage and like a true performer leaves everything out there! What separates Adam from the rest is not just his voice, but his ability to work the stage. The energy and the confidence...its just amazing.

At the end of the performance he was winded because he put it out there. I loved every note. It was everything rock should be; loud, energetic and great vocals. It takes mad vocals to hit those notes (screams) and be in totally in tune and in control.

Dude is all of it and then some more!!

April 14, 2009 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  219. Spammy

Please vote for Adam if you think he should be the next American Idol. I had no trouble getting through. I'm afraid people will think they don't need to vote because of his popularity.

April 14, 2009 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  220. CM

Loved it......... He should win the next title of American Idol!! Hubby loved it too. Compared him the David Cook and his Billie Jean moment. This was Adam's moment!!!!!!!!!!

April 14, 2009 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  221. Patti

Adam should have been voted off a long time ago. If AI thinks he is good with his screeching and high falsetto voice, the show won't make it to season 9!

April 14, 2009 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  222. Tripper

Adam – I love you. You are the only reason I watch this show. If I were single, and if you were straight, and if I met you by happenstance, I would marry you. Keep rocking man.. I don't care if you win or not, I will buy your records. You make the others look as bland as wheat. Your performance last week blew my mind and this week was leagues above the others as well.

April 14, 2009 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  223. Trish

Again, this guy delivered a performance that was head and shoulders above everyone else. He is the clear winner. Everyone else should just pack up and go home now.

April 14, 2009 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  224. Eno

Adam is a Freddie Mercury wannabe. Sorry, Adam, not in this lifetime.

April 14, 2009 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  225. Karen

You ever notice how when people say they hate Adam and that he screams, it's usually followed by something homophobic?

April 14, 2009 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  226. Linda

The most amazing singer out of any season of Idol. Adam is going to be a mega star. His voice is absolutely out of this world.

April 14, 2009 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  227. Not a Fan

NOT A FAN . . . of American Idol that is. But like any person with a hangnail of musical appreciation, I am awed by Adam's talent. I hope that you will not win American Idol. You're so much better than that.

April 14, 2009 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  228. Matt

You just don't get it. Adam is a love him or hate him contestant, and so many people just won't connect with him. That, and tonight's performance stunk. It was fake, didn't fit him, and was cheesy at best. I don't see him being successful commercially at all.

April 14, 2009 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  229. klinkdog

adam definitely has talent...

but this belongs on a stage. not on a cd. i can't even imagine trying to market someone as...unique...as him.

granted he will most likely win, and with his talent he deserves to...

but his first cd should be interesting to see.

April 14, 2009 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  230. Marilyn

Can't stand to listen to his screaming all the time. Some people like
    that kind of music but, that definitely is not music to me. I don't think
    he should be the winner. I'm sure he will have a future in singing
    and acting, though.

April 14, 2009 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  231. Tawana

I would even buy "Adam Sings Sesame Street"! This guy is the best singer/performer I have ever seen. I am mesmerized during each performance and wait impatiently for the next show.

April 14, 2009 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  232. Zowie

An actor playing the role of a rocker.

There. I said it.

April 14, 2009 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  233. jas

I don't remember what he sang. It must have been forgetable.

April 14, 2009 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  234. tj

This is one extremely talented guy. He can sing any kind of music & make it sound like you're hearing it for the 1st time. I can't wait to see what he's going to do from 1 week to the next. He entertains the crowd so well. A true performer. Yes, he can scream but he has also shown all the other notes & sounds of his voice. I love it. Adam is incredible & the best for this season. I could never get tired of watching him perform. He ROCKS!

April 14, 2009 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  235. B

Adam is great. I didn't care for this song choice but he could sing the phone book and people would download it. I think the only competition anymore is to see who is in the finals with Adam.

April 14, 2009 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  236. joan

When I look back at all the idol winners from the past and those who didn't win but broke into the music business, I have to say, Adam, is by far, the only one with raw natural talent. He is unbelievable....what talent....he has yet to draw any negative criticism from the judges as far as his performances go....I don't think there will ever be anyone like him in the future....he is so memorable....

April 14, 2009 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  237. Sherry

Wow Wow WOW! That was amazing. he is in hos own league

April 14, 2009 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  238. Eric

I personally think he sucks. yes he is different and is interesting but he really can't sing. He sounds the same every week with that same girly scream

April 14, 2009 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  239. GREER AND DA FAM

DUDE is stone cold NICE! Best Singer to ever hit IDOL

I want to hear him sing Seal Kiss from a rose!

April 14, 2009 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  240. anthony

Adam probably will win. But if he's Gay i doubt he will be very successful. How many out gay Rockers top the charts? None.

April 14, 2009 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  241. bjmom

why does everyone just love adam....all he does is scream and screech and groan.....he needs to be on broadway..i don't think he will sell very many albums

April 14, 2009 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  242. Bob

I got the same chills when Adam sings that I get when someone runs their fingernails over a chalkboard.

April 14, 2009 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  243. Ally

I figured it out about Adam's voice.

He sings like a lead guitar! He can do all those crazy things Eddie Van Halen or Jimi Hendrix did with their guitars, but he does it with his vocal chords.

Great job!

April 14, 2009 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  244. LC

I agree Adam is fun to watch and is very talented as a performer, but a little goes a L-O-N-G way. I would never buy an entire album of his but would enjoy listening to his most current song on the radio (as long as it didn't contain too much of the falsetto, he has done that to death).

April 14, 2009 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  245. Bob

To all the women in love with Adam.... you need to get over yourselves. He plays for the other team In other words.... HE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU!

April 14, 2009 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  246. bok

What a Gifted Singer you are Adam

April 14, 2009 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  247. Belinda

Loved it.

April 14, 2009 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  248. irmarie

Adam is the most original, artistic and creative talent in AI history. Plus the best vocal ever. I can imagine what concerts he could have, what a wonderful CD full with a mix of genuine pure power-ballads and rock-on songs. There's no comparison in this competition.

My other fav is Allison, amazing!

April 14, 2009 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  249. Renuka

Let's just stop the show now. This IS the American Idol. Even if by some weird political twist he doesn't win, he will be a rocker forever and people will buy every album.

April 14, 2009 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  250. karen

So here's the thing . Tarrantino makes suggestions and directs allthe others but to Adam he says can't wait to see what u are going to do. Adam will win this ..

April 14, 2009 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  251. Chuck

Adam will be in the final 2 with Allison. He is already a rock star from what I can see. Great performance.!!

April 14, 2009 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  252. KB, central Florida

I'm not even going to bother reading the other posts...the young man is just so good. anyone who doesn't like him is welcome to their opinion–it doesn't even matter. He is incredible, rockin. If he doesn't win, the world has truly gone "mad."

April 14, 2009 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  253. JJ

Unbelievable. Adam was totally orgasmatic. I was happy and exhausted at the end. Even my conservative 65-year old husband LOVED it.

Simon needs to get his head examined. Obviously a little homophobia showing through.

April 14, 2009 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  254. karuna

No one else!!

April 14, 2009 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  255. Scott

He gives me chills too! When I am about to hurl.

April 14, 2009 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  256. RJ

Absolutely horrible, as usual. Go to Broadway. I'd pay to see you on Broadway. That is NO insult. He has NO appeal, NO authenticity, and NO broad range (other than various tones of screaming). Stick with Broadway, where you can get all the Tony's and win, win, win. Idol-NO!

April 14, 2009 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  257. allison

his voice gives me chills...i've listened to Mad World from last week probably 50 times...

April 14, 2009 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  258. JW

Elvis reincarnated, just a different generation.

April 14, 2009 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  259. Gkygrl

Adam rocks it again. He will be the AI winner this season.

April 14, 2009 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  260. Rafael

It's ridiculous how good this dude is... I'm normally not impressed by people like that, but Adam has certainly done it. Unbelievable performance, almost as good as MW studio version, which i would highly recommend you to buy it.

April 14, 2009 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  261. Sandy - St Louis

INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant WAIT to buy his album!!!!!!

April 14, 2009 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  262. Karen

More great songs for my ipod!! More Adam more!!!

April 14, 2009 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  263. Lily

He is soooo horrible. His voice sounds he should be screaming along with one of the 80s hair bands... yuck.

April 14, 2009 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  264. farrah

Adam is in a different league, he is truly a profesional and a great artist and singer, who cares if he is gay, I'll buy his record today..I love his stage present and charisma, he is a great performer and entertainer.

April 14, 2009 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  265. Eilleen

WOW. Stage or over the airwaves, that boy is gonna capture you with whatever he sings! Can't wait to start hearing Adam on a regular basis on my local radio station...'cause ya KNOW it's gonna happen, whether or not he wins Idol!

April 14, 2009 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  266. Scott

HATED IT! All you fans better enjoy watching Broadway becasue that's where this chump screamer is going to wind up.

April 14, 2009 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  267. leigha

amazing! as a fan of 80s power metal i cant help but notice that adam would have been an awesome metal singer, right there with rob halford from judas priest and geoff tate from queensryche. he is already a star and a unique talented singer and performer.

April 14, 2009 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  268. Peggy in Atlanta

I am a black female that does not even like rock music. For the 1st time in 4 seasons I tune in every week just to see Adam. He is amazing! You never know what to expect. He always chooses the rigtht song..........and make it his own instead of doing the Karaoke thing like some of his competitors.

I was really impressed that as a rocker, Adam was the only contestant to clean up sharply for Motown night. No matter what went on in their personal lives, the Motown acts were always a CLASS ACT publicly. Adam showed Berry, Smokey and the entire 60's era a lot of respect that night. He will have my $15 when his 1st cd comes out.

April 14, 2009 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  269. Shelby

If he wants to keep SCREECHING his way to the finals, more power to him. I'd rather be in an African Jungle listening to a tree full of screaming monkeys, because that's just what this loser sounds like! Keep doing what you're doing sonny-boy, and I guarantee you that in the future you will suffer the consequences of polyps on the vocal chords. Trust me – you will lose your voice. Because what you are doing on stage every week is not the enjoyment of singing, but annoyance to the max.

April 14, 2009 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  270. Sue

I wasn't too fond of Adam at first but now WOW!!!! he is just amazin and each week he keeps getting better. I agree end it now cause Adam is going to win

April 14, 2009 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  271. Katey

this song reminding me of the darknesss...anyone else?

April 14, 2009 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
  272. Tina

Matt really blew it and Anoop wasn't far behind. Allison is still hanging in but I think the best she will get is second due to Adam.

April 14, 2009 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  273. emu

Adam is frickin amazing! Absolutely amazing!

April 14, 2009 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  274. Tim

My tracking of AI has been spotty this year and I have missed most of Adam's performances until tonight. This was an unbelievable performance. Not a big fan of BTBW, but I had goosebumps.

Doesn't matter if he wins AI or not. He'll be a star.

April 14, 2009 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  275. Adrianne

I like Adam but tonight he gave me another reason to take two Advil.

April 14, 2009 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  276. Faye

I am starting to feel like the show does not start til Adam shows up.

April 14, 2009 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  277. Vagina Lover

Why is this on CNN? I thought CNN was a respectable news organization.

April 14, 2009 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  278. Kyla

i was smiling like an idiot the whole way thru. wow that was awesome

April 14, 2009 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  279. John S.

I'm sure Steppenwolf begs to differ.

April 14, 2009 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  280. Joan

Eddie....dump Dave again and call this guy when the show is over!!!

April 14, 2009 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  281. Slainte

It was like watching a concert – what a performer ...... AMAZING!!!

April 14, 2009 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  282. Christine

This guy is amazing! Best contestant EVER on Idol!

April 14, 2009 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  283. Paul

Just an OK performance for me tonight.

April 14, 2009 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  284. Jenni

dang that was awesome. I loved it from the first note!

April 14, 2009 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  285. Allie B

Adam is a true PERFORMER and there's no one in the competition that can hold a candle to him in that regard. I wasn't crazy with the backing vocals and it was a bit frenetic however I thought Adam owned the stage and the song. Go Adam – you rock!

April 14, 2009 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  286. Joan

Seriously folks, is there ANY reason to even go on with another 7 weeks. This guy ain't just the bomb, the dog, the man; he's the best freaking thing to happen in music in decades.

It's sad, cuz the others, in another forum, on another stage and NOT up against this talent; may actually be talented. You stack them up against Adam and they just quickly fall like a limp deck of cards.

Who cares if he wins...they are lining up to sign him...he don' t care anymore, he's already won.

April 14, 2009 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  287. Alex

adam is definitely the winner.
    I totally agree he can sing everything he wants and the way he wants.
    He is a real singer for me and a star compare to some other professional singers!!!

April 14, 2009 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  288. Dustin

Remember when the photos of Adam kissing a boy came out and news outlets said he might not make it because of this.....

Hmmmm... Looks like America doesn't care if your a boy and you kiss boys if you can sing!

April 14, 2009 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  289. Judette

Simon said Adam's performance this week can't compare to last week's. I don't think that's a fair assessment. Last week's performance is one of the best in American Idol but Adam is not an artist so why should he try to copycat that performance. I'm glad he picked a more up tempo song this week. It was another great performance.

April 14, 2009 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  290. Bob S

A little manic, but, still pure unadulterated pleasure.

April 14, 2009 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  291. jay

Adam was AMAZING!!!!! His vocals are sick! I felt like i was watching a concert! Go Adam!!

April 14, 2009 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  292. Reggie

For the first time, I agree with the blogger. He knows he's won, so he just goes out to have fun. Fun performance!

April 14, 2009 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |