April 8th, 2009

Top 8: I wish I could get them out of my head

Seriously, I can so do without these group performances.

The great eight sing Kylie Minogue's "Can't Get You Out of My Head," and now I will have that stupid "La, la, la" stuck in my head all night!

Plus they didn't sound all that great.

Bring back Frankie Avalon!!!

Filed under: television

« Previous entry
  1. *Jennifer*

I hate the group performances. For one, they are lip synching. If you look back at last weeks performance, you can tell it when Scott was singing. It was when he was on the piano and Megan was beside him. He forgot the words at the end of the line. Plus, he never sounds that good live!!! Secondly, I just don't think the remaining singers harmonize well together. They are all so different and putting them together sounds like a train wreck!! Get rid of the group performance and get on with who is leaving. Don't drag it out for an hour!

April 9, 2009 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  2. SB Texas

Seems the person that is picking the bad individual performer songs is picking the group songs too. Last nights show as a fiasco. only good performance was by the vetrran-Avalon.

April 9, 2009 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  3. LiLa

The group performances are usually lame but last night's Ford commercial was one of the most creative and fun that I've ever seen.

April 9, 2009 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
  4. A

I agree with everyone who has been hating on the group song performances/videos. They look like they've come from some cheaply produced and campy variety hour. I agree with Sam. The judges talk about poor song choices that the contestants make. Out of ANY song from 2002, why, OH WHY did they pick "Can't Get You Out Of My Head?" That was seriously the lamest show open on American Idol I've ever seen.

April 9, 2009 at 4:40 am | Report abuse |
  5. Kelly

Did you honestly think that was MUSIC??? It sucked!!! A disgrace to American Idol........

April 9, 2009 at 1:31 am | Report abuse |
  6. Texas

Why did they pick Kylie's song for a group song? It's supposed to be sung by a solo artist to a dance beat. It wasn't written for harmonizing, and it showed. The song sounded terrible, and even Adam sounded off. The only singer who sounded decent was Allison, partially because she got a bit of a solo. Nobody could have sounded great during 95% of that mess.

April 9, 2009 at 1:25 am | Report abuse |
  7. Bill

Whenever I see those ridiculous "groupsings," I always think of the Brady Bunch. Thank God for DVRs.

April 8, 2009 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Sam

It's awfully ironic that the judges are constantly criticizing the contestants for poor song choices and the group song had to be one of the worst song choices I have ever heard. It was awful. When individuals sang there were moments when it was alright. It hurt my ears. 🙁

April 8, 2009 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bridgette

I sounded so bad, that monstrosity of a group song had to been song live. Someone please tell them to simply stop it. They don't sound good when they are taped and lip synch and it's even worse when they actually attempt it live.

April 8, 2009 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  10. B

Group performances are stupid. This needs to go to a half-hour and keep it more focused.

Of course then Fox couldn't charge advertisers for an entire hour, could they? Ugh

April 8, 2009 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Jeremy

Man, just reading the "La, la, la" in your post got it stuck in my head. Awfully annoying song.

And if all these performances are as bad as you say, then I'm pretty glad that I'm not watching right now. I'll just let you give me the play-by-play.

April 8, 2009 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Joan

Why do they INSIST every week on bringing on this crap to entertain us...rap music...on a SINGING show...what's next having someone on a unicylce on Dancing With Stars. We are subjected to crap entertainment every week. This is just awful. I'd rather hear Megan sing Bob Marley...no wait, maybe not. Bring out someone who CAN sing like Adele. Lemme know when it's over...they are spinning my head around like Linda Blair right now....total crap

April 8, 2009 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Sheri

agreed!

April 8, 2009 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Gretchen

I like Frankie but wasn't he lip synching?

April 8, 2009 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Steve

I have never been big on the group performances, and that was pretty awful. Maybe a better song would have help it, but sounded terrible to be honest.

April 8, 2009 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Carol

I am sure happy someone else dislikes the group performances; cheesy, cheesy, cheesy.....

April 8, 2009 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  17. me

yes....Bring Frankie Avalon back....please...

April 8, 2009 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |