April 7th, 2009

Top 8: Allison Iraheta made me love her

The little rocker chick is also a bit of a torch singer.

Allison Iraheta

So far, I think she's been the smartest in terms of song choice. Bonnie Raitt's "I Can't Make You Love Me" was perfect for her voice, and she managed to pull it off despite practically being a toddler.

I tried not to be freaked out by the fact that she was singing such a sultry song. It just seems wrong on so many levels to have  a teenager portraying all the passionate longing and angst that makes that song so great.

Allison pulled it off, though, and good for her. Way to go little rocker chick!

Filed under: Uncategorized

1. Amy

I agree with some of the comments stateing that she chose 'older' songs for her age but she had the best voice of any of them! That girl can sing! I didn't understand what Simon meant by her not having personality. Maybe she is just more mature than most young girls her age. She has an old soul. She had the best voice and the best energy. Everyone loved her. What more did he want? Oh well, there is life after American Idol. There is life beyond Simon's remarks. Allison's amazing! She's unique and I can't wait to buy her CD!!!

May 19, 2009 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
  2. Jaclyn

I LOVE HER VOICE. The show just needs to end and announce her winner.

April 9, 2009 at 1:07 am | Report abuse |
  3. bridgette

Hey snowball, it's really not necessary to call people names, just because they don't agree with your view. You do realize that that this is just a television show and these people really don't give a darn about our opinions. I alone with a few others, just made an assessment, none of us thinking it would create a firestorm, just because we criticized someone's singing ability and her attire. Your right about one thing, I don't recognize the phenomenal talent Allison is, simply because she isn't one.

April 9, 2009 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  4. kcan

Allison is great!!! Best of all!

April 8, 2009 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  5. julie

She is the real deal. I like her, not sure why Simon doesn't think people like her. She's 16 and a bit shy except when singing. I think she is awesome!

April 8, 2009 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  6. mztmarie

I totally agree with the blogger. I think she is too young for the song. She did a great job with the Bonnie Rait classic but, the song requires a depth and maturity that most sixteen year olds do't have. Now, I now she would have a hard time; the years between '90-'93 were not the most profound when it came to songwriting, but there were some good hits in there that would have been more appropriate for her age range.

April 8, 2009 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  7. A

Everyone has been talking about Adam and how great he is. I'll give him and his fans credit; that's fine. However, when you talk about Allison, you need to consider that for her young age, her talent is RAW and NATURAL. And from what I've seen, she is the most NATURALLY talented contestant American Idol has seen in a long time. I am a huge fan of hers, and I can bet she'll end up being at the very top of the competition.

April 8, 2009 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  8. CB

When I read the above comments,. I wondered if I watched a different program. Bonnie Raitt’s version of that song brings me to tears every time I hear it. When Allison sang it, there was no subtlety or true felling whatsoever. It was a mono-volume, "in your face" version – a "rock" version of an incredibly sensitive song. I could care less about her looks (that has nothing to do with talent). I do think she needs to learn how to sing something with the volume and intensity on something other than "10".

April 8, 2009 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Vivie

Yes! I have downloaded 5 of her songs. Now I am waiting for the one from last night, which is my favorite. AND I will keep on downloading her songs! GO Allison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 8, 2009 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Tim

I've been a professional musician most of my life. There are very few singers of any age that have her vocal talent, pitch, rhythm and control. The fact she is 16 just blows me away. Randy always talks about somebody that can sing the phone book. This girl can sing the Internet (including the phone book).

April 8, 2009 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Snowball

Hey, Just Me, Joe Fattal asnd Bridgette, why don't you three creeps take a hike. Allison is the most exciting Idol since Kelly Clarkson. She's beautiful, sweet, natural and a fabulous singer to top it off.

So, go watch something else and leave American Idol to those of us who love music and the beautiful young people of America. If you can't recognize a phenomenal talent when you hear it, you shouldn't be wasting your time watching American Idol.

April 8, 2009 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jackie

She is amazing and definitely one of the best!

April 8, 2009 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  13. greg

all of the adult that are comenting on her song choise have you forgotten these were the some songs you were singing along with when you were her age so get over it.

April 8, 2009 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  14. LeighAnn

I absolutely love her. She is FANTASTIC and the girl is only 16 years old!! She is going to be something huge one day... She is very Gwen Stefani meets Kelly Clarkson..I love it.. Shes different and shes amazing...She has a quirkiness that just keeps you wondering what she'll do next... and no matter how much the judges criticize her fashion sense, she doesn't change it because thats is who she is and thats that makes her special! And last night the judges talked about her personality..I think she is humble and isn't pretending to be something the isn't!! My prediction is Allison and Adam will be the two finalists!! I am Team Allison– from the very beginning until the final episode!!!!

April 8, 2009 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Mike

i just want to point out there's a lot of singers out there who aren't the most bubbly people in the world but i listen to their music anyway...u know why? because i don't give a crap about a singer's personality as long as they deliver great music that i want to listen to...allison is a perfectly nice girl she just doesn't have a sob story behind her & she isn't irritatingly sweet she's just herself & if that means she's a little more on the quiet side so be it she still brings a lot of personality to her performances & that's all that matters...they gave carrie underwood the same advice about coming out of her shell & not being boring but judging by her success it doesn't seem like anyone cared!

April 8, 2009 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  16. B G

Allison is young, fun, hip, and talented. She caters to young and old alike, and has the perfect maturity for both. Of all the contestants she actually has the chance to win title of American idol the most. She has a unique voice that makes anyone swoon with deep intense emotion. Good Luck Allison.

April 8, 2009 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Carin

I think Allison is amazing. I never vote, but after seeing her in the bottom three the first time, I voted a few times. After hitting bottom three twice, I voted for her for like twenty minutes!! Redial, redial, redial. I really liked David Cook last season, but I think she's much better!!!

And as so many others have said... I will buy her CD when it comes out!! 🙂

April 8, 2009 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  18. jack

Allison is "Awesome". She's cute as hell. And to me the best singer on American idiol.SImon is dead wrong. How do you make a song your own without personality. She makes you feel whatever she singing.

April 8, 2009 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Lois

CHANGE your hair- you pictures were much better when you were young with natural hair. Great voice, I just cant stand her look!

April 8, 2009 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Alesia in Missouri

Although I'm not a big fan of Kelly Clarkson, that's who Allison reminds me of. She's a great singer and she will go far! She's wonderful!

April 8, 2009 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Yolee

Allison is ready to go to the studio and make songs.

She has it in her blood.

She reminds of Pink.

I wonder who her favorite artists are.

April 8, 2009 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Beth

This was a much better week for you Alison.. I'm a fan of you, Adam and Danny... I would like to you three in the top three.... While the song was a grown up song for your age, you rocked the house.. This sound is yours stick with it and you will be fine.. But always remember too, be true to yourself, that really is what anyone needs to succeed...

April 8, 2009 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  23. budussy

she reminds me of Audrey from National Lampoon's European Vacation.

April 8, 2009 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Blessed

Just Me, you are Just Shallow. Allison is a very beautiful girl with the ethic qualities of Salvadorean people. Not everyone on the Planet (especially in the U.S.) looks like Paris Hilton or Angie Harmon. AND she's curvy. So go nibble on that rice cake you holding while sitting in the waiting room of Dr. 90210.

April 8, 2009 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Enrique Sandoval

Proud to be from El Salvador and to have representation in American Idol. Sing a song in Spanish...GREAT JOB

April 8, 2009 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Don

One thing I noticed from all of the comments, for many of the performers, is how most people seem to think that it's going to be a contest between Adam and Allison. This suggests that those two are special, and they go beyond every other A/I hopeful.

As great as Adam is, however, it is Allison that comes across as the most like-able of the two, despite what Simon says. As people have pointed out, this is a singing contest, not a personality contest, and for that reason alone, Allison, if justice has anything to do with it, should win.

I never liked American Idol until I saw Allison, she is the only reason I bother to watch the show – she's a natural – go baby go!

April 8, 2009 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Geoff Garcia

For the last few weeks I've kinda been "eh" about Allison, but she did really well this week and I think can make it to the top 3.

Would like to hear her sing some Fleetwood Mac, and more husky, bluesy style songs.

April 8, 2009 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  28. dave

Allison is great – the best singer in the competion by far.

April 8, 2009 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Kymberly

Allison was great last night! I believe she was the best I had ever seen her, and we need a woman to take home the title to the homestretch, so you go girl!

April 8, 2009 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Eneri Rose

I love Allison! She has mad, mad vocals and I think she is adorable. I don't get Simon saying she has no personality. When she sings, she is immersed in the song, totally professional. Did Simon never notice how Allison took care of that ditzzy Megan. Allison held her up (literally!) on the bleachers.

Allison is a very sweet, sincere girl. Apparently, traits Simon can't recognize. The only contestants I look forward to seeing each week are Allison and Adam.

April 8, 2009 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  31. Brittney

Allison was great... AS USUAL. I think that she is definitely underrated in this competition. She is FANTASTIC. YOU ROCK LADY!!!

April 8, 2009 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  32. dave

awesome singer. doesn't matter if she wins or not there are record deals coming. Being able to tell a singer within the first few notes of a song is a rare gift and this girl has it. Also I can not think of a single CD I have purchased because I thought to myself "wow that singer sure has a great personality', or because i thought they were cute in such and such an outfit. I buy CD's because I like the music..I can honestly say I dont know what half the bands I listen to look or act like...but I like the jams they put out.

keep doing what your doing..you'll go far.

April 8, 2009 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  33. Singer

guys don't pay any attention to this bridgette girl!!! she seems fustrated for the fact that Allison rocks... in my opinion she is the best singer they got, not saying the others aren't good, but she should be the one.

bridgette- stop the offensive material and get a life.

thanks

April 8, 2009 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  34. Ben

For being only sixteen I feel Allison should be the next AI. She is only 17, give her a few years and some coaching like all idols get when they leave and she will be what AI is all about. Not a has been who has tried every way possible to make it and settled on an AI audition to finally get there.

April 8, 2009 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  35. Anna

It's funny people say she has no personality. She makes me crack up every time she's on! Her reactions, her laugh, her playing around with the boys the other night doing imitations, she just seems to be a fun girl! what are you all missing? Stop staring at the boys and you'll see it. I love the girl! Talented and humurous, she is the fun part of the show, her and Adam.

April 8, 2009 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  36. Dwayne

Allison all the way! She is head over heels the other contestants in vocal ablility. I will definitely be buying her album!

April 8, 2009 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  37. Jopa

Never voted, but I'd vote over and over if I could just hear Allison do some Janis Joplin - maybe Move Over?

April 8, 2009 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  38. Amy

Joe Fattal – A Puerto Rican girl from uptown New York? What the heck does that mean?? I'm a New Yorker, is there something wrong with me? And as a matter of fact she is Latino, what is the problem there?

Anyway, I can't see why everyone is getting so hung up on her looks. If this was a modeling competition Kris would obviously win but isn't this show supposed to be about singing talent? Granted, you need some public appeal but I feel she has that. She's extremely original, poised on stage, and a free spirit, that's more than I can say for myself at age 16 or even older people. Give the girl a break, she's up there singing her heart and soul out – AWESOME vocals and you're worried about her hair color? Give me a break. I'm with Kara all the way – this girl needs to put out a record and I'm going to buy it!!

April 8, 2009 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  39. JoAnne Neu

It would be great to hear Adam and Allison sing a duet together, that would be AWSOME!!

April 8, 2009 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  40. Jennifer Graves

Allison is incredible! I love her rich voice – last night she gave me chills. I am hoping she will sing a Janice Joplin song – if you got chills from Allison's performance last night, then wait til you hear her sing Janice!!!

April 8, 2009 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  41. Joe Fattal

She might have a good voice but she needs a workover. She looks like a peurto rican girl from uptown New york with that hair style. I hope she changes her personal presentation next time around.

April 8, 2009 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  42. Pat Suit

Little girl – You rock!! You blew away the competition!

April 8, 2009 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  43. Carolyn

The girl is a natural......no acting,..... just singing her soul.

April 8, 2009 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  44. Ron In California

So glad she kept Bonnie Raits song close to the original. Showed she has depth. good job.

April 8, 2009 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  45. Ro

Allison will be in the top 2. She has the vocals that will take her all the way. She definitely deserves to be on AI this season.

April 8, 2009 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  46. Jackie

She was amazing as usual! I have never looked foward to hearing someone on this show every week like I do her. I hope she wins, but if she doesn't I hope she still makes a record because I would buy it in a heart beat!!

April 8, 2009 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  47. JustMe

I can't warm up to Allison. I thought the song was not appropriate for her age .. "turn down the bed". For heaven's sake, she's 16 years old! I can't believe TPTB haven't grabbed her and given her a makeover. She really is not a very attractive girl. To make matters worse, the camera doesn't love her. She is not photogenic at all. She's a good singer, but I just don't see any star quality.

April 8, 2009 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  48. LILA

ALLISON...YOU ARE GREAT. JUST A SUGGESTION, CHANGE YOUR HAIR COLOR. IT'S SO OUT OF STYLE.

April 8, 2009 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  49. Nikki B.

Hers was another song choice that literally had me saying "Yes!" under my breath.Such a perfect song for her voice..she gave it such emotion...the judges comments about working on her "likeability"
    were just ridiculous...perky people get on my nerves actually.Beyond her amazing voice it's the fact that she doesn't feign to win a POPULARITY contest but rather a TALENT contest that makes me respect her!It's down to her and Adam for me..everyone else should just go home now!

April 8, 2009 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  50. Ralph

Allison is the best there , she can sing like no other. To be 16 yrs old and to be able to sing like that WOW Great Job Allison

April 8, 2009 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  51. vicki

what a voice! there is a "hardness" there in her looks and actions that makes me feel uncomfortable. i think Adam would sell more records.

April 8, 2009 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  52. Gary

I can't wait for her to sing Janis Joplin's "Ball and Chain".

April 8, 2009 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  53. Scot

Allison has replaced Lil as my favorite in the competition. Both are exceptional singers but Allison has displayed natural instincts and professionalism way beyond her years to allow her to make consistant good choices on her song selections, arrangements and even wardrobe. She's not as cute as Lil but she is way cooler.

April 8, 2009 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  54. KP

Alison is going to win this competition. Her voice is original and amazing. I look forward to her performance each week. It is almost unbelievable that she is 16. Go Alison!!!

April 8, 2009 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  55. Bob

Allison is by far the best singer this season.I can't beleive her range and versatility.

April 8, 2009 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  56. Vivie

She is AWESOME,AWESOME,AWESOME!!!!!!! I am a senior citizen and I can even see and hear it myself, that she is fantastic. Yes, Adam is good, but I just can't seem to pinpoint it...! But, Simon has the last word, folks, He only sees dollar signs with Adam. Go Allison!!!!!!!

April 8, 2009 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  57. Carole

I didn't like this at all. The song was not approprate for someone her age.

April 8, 2009 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  58. Barbara

If there is any justice in the world, she will be in the final round. BTW Whoever said Adam is in the bottom three should have their head examined. He is the best mail singer there. Still love some of the others but these two stand out far and above.

April 8, 2009 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  59. RH

I was telling a friend last week that Alison needed to sing Bonnie Raitt Songs...she did an awesome job! Now she needs sing Melissa Etheridge. Both go with her husky voice.

April 8, 2009 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  60. George

Unfortunately, Allison will not win AI. She has NEVER had a bad song, apparently can sing anything – but she connects strongly with some (me included), and not at all with others. The only way she can win is if she stays on board for a few more weeks and people will notice her more and she'll pick up votes from others who are un-voted off. Some of us remember Carrie Underwood. She was called "stiff", "fembot", "no personality", etc. – but as the weeks went by her support grew as she was so consistently good. I hope Allison does the same thing. Unfortunately, Adam will probably win because of the female teenage vote of AI. He'll have one album that sells, but listening to that dram-high-pitched screaming on the radio would drive most listeners crazy. He belongs on Broadway or Hollywood – not in a recording studio.

April 8, 2009 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  61. Penny Lane

KARA: "Let's go make a record."

This means, regardless of the outcome, Allison will make a record. And I will probably buy it.

April 8, 2009 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  62. Sybaris

Allison reminds me of Melinda Doolittle from season 6 with a caveat, there is truly someone in this competition with talent who will win. Allison suffers from the same scourge as Melinda, lack of popular appeal despite her rock solid performances and natural talent. The judges broached that issue last night but I fear it's a foregone conclusion that she will be voted off soon............which brings up an interesting situation. It is obvious that Allison is a candidate to be resurrected. If she is voted off prior to the final two, would the judges resurrect her only to have her voted off the following week?

April 8, 2009 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  63. Justine

Overrated...

April 8, 2009 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
  64. Peggy

I loved Allison last night. With a voice like hers, she really can't sing some of the pop songs out there. I listened to Demi Lovato last night on Dancing With the Stars, and I don't understand how she can be a star. She is generic, Allison is the real deal.

April 8, 2009 at 7:02 am | Report abuse |
  65. Don

Allison is by far the best of the bunch. Her only real problem is Adam. If not for him, she would win in a heartbeat. Whether she's number one, or number two at the end of the contest, she should do well and I can see her as a major artist in the near future.

April 8, 2009 at 6:53 am | Report abuse |
  66. john

i believe allison could be the most commercial and artistic success from idol ever...i don't understand why all four judges don't rave about her every week over mediocre lils and dannys but instead pick on her for her fun couture and adult demeanor...my guess is allison is much more of a people person than silly simon could ever hope to be and she strikes me as just an authentic, likeable old soul in a 16-year old body...hope adam wins so he can deal with the baggage of being idol champ and record company product and allison is lucky 2nd with a loyal fanbase and career longevity!

April 8, 2009 at 3:50 am | Report abuse |
  67. Delia

Allison's voice is apart from so many of the generic voices that are on radio today. She is so awesome! It will be her and Adam in the finals and then it doesn't matter who wins. They'll both be touring and packing the concert arenas!

April 8, 2009 at 3:38 am | Report abuse |
  68. Jeff

To the question of why Allison is not in school–she is. She is the only remaining contestant that has to attend "class" with a tutor and prepare for the compitition. Makes it even harder so I am even more impressed.

April 8, 2009 at 3:05 am | Report abuse |
  69. P J

This girl is one the best in this years crop she can sing.

April 8, 2009 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
  70. GeeDub

This little gal brings it! She has talent, talent and more talent, and at almost 17 pretty amazing....I would LOVE to hear her sing some Joplin! Maybe when she and Adam are battling it out the last week?!?!?! Would be amazing. Anyway you draw it, if the best wins, then she should be there to the end. Great job!

April 8, 2009 at 1:43 am | Report abuse |
  71. Cindy

This little girl has rocked since Day 1; she's got it goin on.
    When she sings I don't even think about her age. I've loved everything she's done. Don't forget though, she's been in the bottom three twice now. (that's right isn't it? – two times?) I don't know why for the life of me. She should be nowhere near the bottom.
    I'm with Adam, Danny, Allison and Matt.

April 8, 2009 at 1:32 am | Report abuse |
  72. Some Dude

Allison's song was the only one of this eight tonight I would consider downloading and listening to again. I was tired of listening to most of the others before they had even finished. I don't care how she looks or if she's not Miss Personality... she sounds great.

April 8, 2009 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
  73. Jason

Allison is the only one that night after night...I would listen to on the radio. Regardless who wins, she should be the first one signed to a contract. LISTEN UP RECORD COMPANIES: She has her own sound and I would buy!!

April 8, 2009 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  74. Will

Adam is great....but everyone knows his talent and age virtually guarantee him a contract...or 30....after A/I is over. So, give it to the young 'un who's so deserving of stardom, yet has yet to accomplish anything with her golden voice. Allison is the TRUE spirit of an American Idol winner...from no where is this rare talent who has so much guts and courage at her age, yet for her to be singing as she is...it's simply amazing.

VOTE FOR ALLISON as A/I's 2009 Idol!!!!

April 8, 2009 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  75. scott

Uuh... I was in tears from the first few notes on. Music sung beautifully and knowingly has a mysterious way of penetrating one's heart. It is a God-given talent... and Allison has it. Her musical wisdom defies her young personality.

April 8, 2009 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  76. karen

this girl is super, she should win!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 7, 2009 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  77. brooke

lovee her!!

April 7, 2009 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Justin

Mercy Me, there's a version of Alison doing 'Total Eclipse Of The Heart' on YouTube, when she was on a Spanish language 'Idol' type competition a couple of years ago. She's good on that, but her voice doesn't hold up all the way through..you can hear how far she's come in the last couple of years. I thought she was brilliant tonight and like someone else mentioned, she brought tears to my eyes.

April 7, 2009 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Layla

I love Allison! What an amazing voice!

April 7, 2009 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Linda

She's 16 years old! Do any of us – adults only respond here – have the personality or fashion sense now that we had at 16????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved her! Give this poor teen a break! She's awesome!

April 7, 2009 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Rob the film critic

The next winner of american idol!

April 7, 2009 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Snowball

Bridgette, I sure hope you're not a teacher. It would be awful if our kids were exposed to a tough old bird like you. Lighten up.

Oh, and I don't think Allison needs your vote anyhow.

April 7, 2009 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Riley

I love Allison! She has an amazing voice! I do think she is over looked a bit on this show :o(

April 7, 2009 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  84. bridgette

Sorry, to step on some toes, but it's pretty obvious, when you have been voted twice in the bottom three, there is a reason. She's not connecting with a majority of voters. You can place all the blame on the voters, but maybe we see something that you are blinded to. I don't apologize for giving an honest assessment. I am not going to waste my vote on someone who I don't consider good enough to be the American Idol. I have a suggestion that all of you who absolutely love her, can phone maybe twice as much and keep her out of the bottom three.

April 7, 2009 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Mercy Me

Of course Allison is boring when she's not singing – she's only 16! How many fascinating 16-year olds does Simon know? But when she grabs hold of a song...it's goosebumps, chills, lump-in-throat time! I'd love to hear her do a Bonnie Tyler song.

April 7, 2009 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  86. exactaman2003

Allison is just Heaven sent and that is all there is to it. she is clearly not only the best in this competition but maybe the best since the shows inception..........what vocal prowless.....what control..........what color and beauty in her voice.....what passion...........just so good......and she was in the bottom 3 on 2 occasions?

I think that is what simon is talking about......but i get the idea that Kara is the only judge who really wants this girl to win...or gives her full credit.

April 7, 2009 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  87. AI Watcher

Bridgette, exactly what more does Allison need to do? Sing BETTER? Because the only other person who sings as well as Allison is Adam. It's superficial of you to make fun of a talented kid all because you dislike their fashion choices. Are you an adult? Because you don't sound like one.

April 7, 2009 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  88. bridgette

Maybe it's a generational thing, but her singing is overshadowed by her attrocious hair and bad outfits. Simon is right, there is a reason she has been in the bottom three twice, she's not coming across as a likeable person. She looks like she dunk her head in a barrel of red dye and then went to the rock star-r-us store and grabbed an outfit. She's overdoing the rockstar bit and when interviewed acts like she's in a dreamworld. It's going to take a lot more than what she's doing now, to get my vote.

April 7, 2009 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Rosie, Toronto

Alison and Adam are both American Idols.

April 7, 2009 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Jim

I think she will end up number 2 behind Adam. She is reaaly great!!

April 7, 2009 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Shannon

I LOVE ALLISON!
    I was devastated when she was in the bottom 3.
    TWICE!
    So tonight, I voted for her.... A LOT! (:

April 7, 2009 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  92. canuck

This girls sounds just like a great singer from the 70's named Maggie Bell of Stone the Crows. This young girl is really good. I like Adam just as well. Maybe there can be 2 winners this year!

April 7, 2009 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Madeline

u are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂 🙂

April 7, 2009 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Eileen

Allison did a lovely job tonight. She seems like a really sweet, down to earth young woman. The judges need to encourage her to continue to be herself. She's breaking stereotypes, and the cream is rising to the top.

April 7, 2009 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  95. bree

I love Allison was AWESOME!!!!!!!!! She and Adam will be on the stage on the last nite! We will be listening to her for a long tome to come!

April 7, 2009 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Shelby

Only 16 yrs. old ~ shouldn't she be in school right now and get an education instead of trying to be a wannabe star? Plus, I don't like her throaty husky voice. Too butch for my taste!

April 7, 2009 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Oliver

I would download your music.

April 7, 2009 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Texas

I love Allison's mature talent, her image, and her easygoing nature. She never seems to take herself too seriously, yet she commands the stage like a pro. I'm excited to see her perform every week, and I think she and Adam should be the Top 2, though Kris, Anoop, and sometimes Matt are quite good.

April 7, 2009 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  99. watch'n n wait'n

Whoa! Sultry song for a 16 year old is right but she did an excellent interpretation! Great job!

April 7, 2009 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  100. karuna

Top 2??? Adam and Allison. No one else have been able to top them, so don't know why Allison should be in bottom 3. The others, except perhaps Danny are all ready to go home now.

April 7, 2009 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Renuka

If she keeps this up it might just be her and Adam in the finals! Way to go!

April 7, 2009 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Ellen Davis

Love Allison...she's got a voice!!!! I agree with the earlier comment...winner, winner, chicken dinner.

April 7, 2009 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Zowie

I don't want to hear a 16-year-old singing "Turn down the bed..."

Sorry.

April 7, 2009 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  104. lin

Soul is a rare thing. There have only been four in eight years:
    Elliott Yamin
    Fantasia
    Jennifer Hudson
    ~and~.... Allison Iraheta.
    ALLISON, HOPE YOU WIN, GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOUR HEAD ON STRAIGHT HONEY!!

April 7, 2009 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Snowball

Don't get what Simon said about her not being likeable. I think she's adorable and that voice, omigod! Shades of Kelly Clarkson. She actually made me cry.

April 7, 2009 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Atticus Finch

She and Adam will be the final two.

April 7, 2009 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  107. RJ

That sent chills down my skin it was SO awesome and LIGHT YEARS beyond anyone else, except maybe Kris or Matt. She deserves better. I hope she goes all the way.

Top 3: Allison, Matt, Kris

Bottom 3: Scott, Anoop, Adam

Go Allison go, all the way!

April 7, 2009 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  108. dave

What a huge talent in such a young body. Whoa! This girl has the chops to make it big in the music industry. Great soulful voice.

The judges complain that she needs to "loosen up" and come across as "younger." Hey...she's only 16! And for a sixteen-year-old, she has incredible composure and poise. Give her a couple of years (she'll easily get a recording contract at the end of the season, even if she doesn't win the competition), and she'll be makin' hits all over the radio. Her voice is memorable, and she's got a unique look about her. Go Allison!!!!

April 7, 2009 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Jill

This week is a real turning point – the real singers are coming out and the wanna-bes are falling further behind. There is no doubt that Allison is among the REAL singers. She'll have a career in the biz regardless of where she ends up. I wouldn't be surprised to see her, Matt and Adam as the final 3.

April 7, 2009 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  110. B

Allison made me do something I haven't done since season one.....vote. I voted KC then and I broke down and voted for Allison tonight. That young lady can sing and deserves to go all the way!! Betcha lots of $$ that even if she doesn't win, Kara or Simon work with her. She will be a successful singer two years from now.

April 7, 2009 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Carol

Allison: you and Adam are going to be up there on final night......good job girl!!!

April 7, 2009 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Melissa

Im a singer, and Allison is FOR REAL.

WAY TO GO, and by the way – AWESOME SONG CHOICE!!!
    Vote for Allison guys

April 7, 2009 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Alex

Her, Adam and Danny are going to be the last 3.

No doubt.

April 7, 2009 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Paul

She is the best singer in this competition. I also find her vey likeable.

April 7, 2009 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Katey

she gives me shivers! I just love her and the idea that that there may be another kelly out there! though she will never be replaced.

April 7, 2009 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Scott

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

April 7, 2009 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  117. 007

Allison has got talent!

April 7, 2009 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Bob S

It was a good performance. I cannot warm up to Allison. Simon is right, she is devoid of personality; in other words, boring.

April 7, 2009 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Paige

The best of the night!... so far?!

April 7, 2009 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |