April 1st, 2009

Top 9: Might Megan fly away?

Kris is safe, and for a hot second, we think Matt is in the bottom three until Ryan lets us know it's an April Fools' joke.

After a sassy remark about how she didn't care about Simon's remarks, Megan is in the bottom three and she does some crazy bird squawk and mock flaps over to the seat.

Nutty.

Filed under: Uncategorized

« Previous entry
  1. MIgirl

I think last night with the whole Matt thing was nothing short of AMAZING! I think the judges see what I have seen all along.. Matts true potential! HES GREAT! Once he found his place in the competition, hes turned it on for everyone!! WHOO WHOO!!

April 16, 2009 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
  2. Billie

Megan was to odd for me, her vocals....her pitch....her phrasing...Smokey Robinson was right, she was the most "different" contestant ever.

April 2, 2009 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Aleia in Missouri

I LOVED it when Simon put Megan in her place. I'm glad she's gone. She was so annoying with that wacked out dance of her.

April 2, 2009 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  4. darlene

I think Meagan has a different style and I like it. It does get a little old after awhile but if she had her own songs written for her style I think she would do really well. Lil is the one that I think should have gone and she wasn't even in the bottom 3. She was screaming and I thought it was overdone. She also has an attitude when the judges try to offer some constructive feedback. I get sick of the little smirk on her face. She needs to go. At least Anoop and scott are trying and doing just as good. We'll see what happens. And the bird thing with Meagan was bizarre.

April 2, 2009 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Barbara

I have to say I'm sad Megan's gone. She brought some spice to the show...her and Adam have what it takes to be in the business. Watch how both look into the camera. None of the others do this like they do. All the others are so boring. Danny may have a good voice but no stage presence....lose the glasses and beard (and 10 pounds) .....he looks like he's 40 years old. I'm also sick of looking at Allison's raggedy ann hair, Kris's crooked mouth and enough of Anoop's frat boy buddies. Lil should have done Rhianna or Beyonce not Celine. What was she thinking? Again, I will miss Megan. She's very unique. I didn't feel she was a snot, she just told it like it was. She never pretended to be anyone but herself...and that goes for Adam too. I will only be watching for Adam now....maybe Lil if she get's it together with the right song.......maybe she should rap!!

April 2, 2009 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  6. JayDiamond

I agree that scott isn't the best singer up there for sure and really doesn't stand a chance against adam, (nor does anyone) but my heart goes out to him. I can't imagine being on the most watched show in the world and not being able to watch it or see your fans, or the crowds' reactions to you singing. Or even the promo videos that the contestants do; everyone cheers after they show it and i always focus on him because he can't even judge it for himself. He has to go by everyone else's response. Week after week, even if I don't think he sang the best, I always find myself applauding him anyway. I can't imagine how excited he must be just to be up there.

April 2, 2009 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Kenny

Meagan is a definite gonner. She was a few weeks overdue and it began to show in her reference to "fans" that had to be few and tone deaf (IMO).

Onward, I appreciate the fact that Scott is an excellent pianist. What I don't care for is his voice. He is evidently getting enough votes to keep him out of the bottom three, but I can't imagine anybody rushing down to Tower Records to buy his new CD.

April 2, 2009 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  8. JayDiamond

OOOOOOOHHHHHHH and the Dancing?????????? and her little wiggle!! ??

April 2, 2009 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  9. JayDiamond

That girl is wacked. I understand being corny around your friends and family, and it's one thing to be yourself but........ WOW! I don't know how she made it as far as she did???? Cute girl but, can't sing. Model maybe.. but not sing.

April 2, 2009 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  10. Caleb

I think Megan knew she was going home and she was just having a good time and meant to put the last nail in her coffin. I think she had had enough and was ready to get home to her baby.

April 2, 2009 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  11. PieCakeCookie

Megan should be totally embarrassed about her complete lack of professionalism on the show last night. Of course, she thinks she is something she isn't; a diva!

I'm glad to see her go and take her snotty attitude with her.

April 2, 2009 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  12. molly shepherd

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a God!!!

Yo, Bill: are you SERIOUS?????? No one should have to hear her sing ever again!

April 2, 2009 at 5:57 am | Report abuse |
  13. ruth

did i miss something while raiding the fridge? what the heck was the cawing all about? someomone please humor me.

April 2, 2009 at 4:14 am | Report abuse |
  14. diane

This girl cant even dance..Her dancing and singing were awful at the end of the show..

April 2, 2009 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
  15. Jerad

That squawk a flap routine had me rolling on the floor. Unfortunately, it was more in a laughing at her, than laughing with her kind of way.

I think her comment to Simon was meant in good fun but his big ego couldn't handle it.

April 2, 2009 at 1:00 am | Report abuse |
  16. 5foot4brunette

Wow, ya know for me it wasn't her voice, I actually liked her voice ...at first.

It was her lack of good manners that I disliked the most. Wether she agreed with the judges or not, she should have shut her mouth and listened to the comments they gave her.

This contest did not bring out the best in her personality, I think she is probably a nice girl, but in the spotlight shes a snotty brat.

CAW CAW

April 2, 2009 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  17. Snowball

Sorry to disagree, Bill, but there are several relevant contestants remaining, not the least of whom are Matt and Allison.

Vote for the Worst has been voting for Megan all along, that's the only reason she stayed as long as she did. This is the same outfit that kept Sanjaya in waaaay too long.

Also, Bill, I don't think us guys are at all ignorant.

April 1, 2009 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Bill

You guys are so ignorant. The last two weeks she's been calling out to Vote for the Worst. No one on this show is the least bit relevant except for Adam, at least Megan was quirky and embraced the banality that is American Idol.

April 1, 2009 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  19. TERRY

She keeps talking about her fans, WHAT FANS, she has the lowest votes, she thinks she is so much more than she is, her smart alec remarks just made you want to see her get voted off more and more.
    Thank Goodness she is gone gone gone....

April 1, 2009 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Denise

All I can say is..."ITS ABOUT TIME SHE GOES HOME!!!" I think Singiya sang better then what she did!!

April 1, 2009 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  21. 007

Anoop's days are numbered

April 1, 2009 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  22. 007

YESSSS!!!!and the god awful dancing.

April 1, 2009 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Cindy

Thank God, she got her comeuppance for being such a no talented snot. Good on ya Simon!!!

April 1, 2009 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  24. 007

The judges are going to make megan sing again and simon is going to tell her it’s over.

April 1, 2009 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  25. 007

The judges are going to make megan sing again and simon is going to her it's over.

April 1, 2009 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Gail

My goodness I hope so.

April 1, 2009 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  27. 007

Megan should be gone after this commercial break.

April 1, 2009 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Jenn

I'm with you on the bird thing – very bizarre. She needs to go home.

April 1, 2009 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  29. 007

megan should leave before this song is over....

April 1, 2009 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Gary

I think squawk was Megan's swan song. While she has a KT Tunstall-type-quality to her (and who doesn't like someone who stands up to Simon?), I think that she is now holding up a spot that needs to remain available for the other more talented singers.

April 1, 2009 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Andrew Rusch

The bird squawk...honestly...what was that? Is she TRYING to get kicked off?

April 1, 2009 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |