April 1st, 2009

Top 9: Come on with the results!

**SPOILER ALERT: Wednesday night’s blog will eventually reveal the contestant leaving the show. Do not visit the final entry of the blog if you do not want to know the results.**
I have been looking forward to this show all day.

Idol logo

I have been humming J-Lo's "Waiting for Tonight" in anticipation of finding out who is going home.

Please, please, please let it be Megan. It's so time for her to be out of here.

If she escapes the bottom three tonight, I predict a collective roar across "American Idol" land.

I know she believes her "fans" (and yes, I am also making the quote fingers) were all about her performance of  "Turn Your Lights Down Low" last night, but I have to completely disagree.

Love the pulsing, throbbing light intro. Such drama.

Now let's see whether the results are as dramatic.

–Lisa Respers France, CNN.com writer

Filed under: television

1. Laura

Yes I agree Megan could not sing or dance. The wiggle she was doing was horrable. By-By Megan.

April 2, 2009 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  2. rick

linda, your picks are dead on when it comes to
    the last three standing..........

April 1, 2009 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Linda

I amm happy Megan Is gone. She could not sing or dance.
    She also was CONCEITED, SHALLOW & RUDE>

April 1, 2009 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Linda

And I have to add she can't dance. It's hard to say now who will
    win. They really are all good. But, I think the last 3 standing
    will be Allison, Adam, Danny. Last year I picked David Cook right
    from the beginning. This year it"s hard. They really are all good.

April 1, 2009 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Aleahh

Megan is pretty and her personality makes her different. Different is good but tonight I wondered what she was on! She
    was truly acting wierd! Maby she was depressed and took too many antidepressants. Shes is so childish at times.

April 1, 2009 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Dee

As if it wasn't bad enough that we had to suffer through Megan's performance last night, they asked her to do it again tonight! Oh well, at least we know that we won't be hearing from her again. The contestants really should be more respectful of their comments to the judges such as Megan's ..."I don't really care". The judges are there for a reason and all four of them are coming back next week.

April 1, 2009 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Linda

So glad Megan is gone. She could not sing!! Did anyone notice?
    And she is CONCEITED, SHALLOW & RUDE. What an EGO??

April 1, 2009 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Holly

I agree w/ Peter, I like Meagan because her voice is so different and recognizable. She does need better song selection though. Danny and Adam might have better showmanship but I could care less about that when I buy a CD or download.

April 1, 2009 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Mr. Rosario

She knows she has no chance. She slit her throat with her I don't care comment.

April 1, 2009 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Mr. Rosario

Megan's "jazzy-voice" has been wasted because she keeps picking some idiotic songs that do not fit her style. Also, she shows absolutely ZERO stage presence. She has to go. Anoop gets a reprieve, but he has 2 weeks at most left.

April 1, 2009 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Rebbi

I can't believe Megan has made it this far. Just goes to show you how far you can go if you're pretty and blonde, even if you do have a really disfiguirng, disgusting tattoo on your arm.

April 1, 2009 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Susan - Canada

If this competition is about "talent"....Meghan has to go, because she has none! I cannot believe the week she sang Corinne Bailey Rae's song "Put Your Records On"....it was horrible, she was so out of tune. And I can't believe that it was the judges that brought her back that week!!!
    I can't stand that stupid little wiggle she does...she looks weird. And she thinks the fans will save her...they're nuts if they do!!

April 1, 2009 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Peter

I love Megan, and not just because of her looks. I think her voice is the most unique, interesting, soothing, and special of all the contestants. She needs a little bit of guidance and support, but she's the only one who really stands out and the only one whose album I would and will buy. Seriously. There are millions of artists that sound like the other contestants, but Megan is really special.

April 1, 2009 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Sumdogg

It is fixed. They created 13th spot for anoop desai. riding on slumdog millionaire euphoria, anoop could pull the crowd which is otherwise passive...won't be surprised to see him in final 3....though he is not the best.

April 1, 2009 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Mr. Rosario

Adam hitting that note on don't Stop...is RIDICULOUS. This guy has the comp won already...and mind you, I am a Lil fan!

April 1, 2009 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |