March 31st, 2009

Top 9: Scott MacIntyre, just the way he is

Scott sings Billy Joel? Shocking!!!!

Scott MacIntyre

Ryan kicked us off from the mosh pit and then took us to the piano where Scott sang Joel's "Just the Way You Are."

I don't imagine he's too familiar with the lyrics because I think he may have missed a few words.

I really wanted  to enjoy it because it was Scott with a new haircut and unplugged. But it was still just Scott and his piano. It was cool, but I was kind of bored.

The judges thought it was one of the best so far tonight. Your thoughts?

–Lisa Respers France, CNN.com writer

Filed under: Uncategorized

1. Jessica J

YES! He so DOES need sunglasses...ok...we get it...he's blind...awesome...but he needs to cover his vacant "deer in headlights" look SOME times. I can't look at his blank goofy stare EVERY single week. If he was an amazing singer...maybe, but let's not keep him around based on pure sympathy people! It is what it is...he's blind, God bless him, and he's an OK singer. He needs a little style at this point and a new "do" and some shades...simply wouldn't hurt. That's all I'm sayin'!

April 8, 2009 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  2. deb

I am so tired of this guy!!! He SUCKS!! If he weren't blind, he would have been gone long ago. And I am tired of sitting through the judges pity party for him. Half of his song tonight (year of birth songs) was so way off, and do you hear that he's indulgent or cabaret or karaoke or forgettable or that he hit notes that made your ears bleed? No. And of all of the contestants left, he deserves it the most. Blind or not. Enough special treatment.

April 8, 2009 at 1:04 am | Report abuse |
  3. Michelle from Iowa

Thanks Lita for your comments because they echo mine exactly!!!! "I’m sorry but he shouldn’t have been in the top ten or even twelve. There were others more deserving who should have. I don’t see artistry, or creativeness, or style with his singing. Hey people, enough with your sympathy. This is a talent show, and everybody should be treated accordingly."

April 2, 2009 at 7:41 am | Report abuse |
  4. Lita

I'm sorry but he shouldn't have been in the top ten or even twelve. There were others more deserving who should have. I don't see artistry, or creativeness, or style with his singing. Hey people, enough with your sympathy. This is a talent show, and everybody should be treated accordingly.

April 1, 2009 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  5. christina

Scott is consistently boring and not as great of a singe as the other contestants. Time for him / Megan to go home already.

April 1, 2009 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Ricky

Send him home!! "Other door Scott ... no other door .... no that's the closet ... no a little to your left ... too far ... back a bit ... reach for it."

April 1, 2009 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Frank (leelee's friend)

Nice choice Scott...what are you going to sing next week, Air Supply?

April 1, 2009 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Fan

He's getting the sympathy votes unfortunately. It's time for him to go.

April 1, 2009 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Marianne

Scott – I love you!! I respect your talent as a piano player and singer. While I don't see you as the next American Idol – I would love to hear you sing anytime! I vote for you every week because I think you are better than some on there. Step it up a notch and knock the socks off us next time!!! Love the hair!

April 1, 2009 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  10. pam

Nice guy, but doesn't move me like the judges say he does. Boring to me too.

April 1, 2009 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Wayne's Music Journey

Scott was the man!!!

He did what Adam did last week and I never thought about it until afterwards which means it worked. I loved that piano playing and man this guy is one special artist. He has a really big talent and he can sing if he really want to when the song fits his voice. And his choice of a Billy Joel tune was 100% on the money. The right choice. Great voice and great talent..

April 1, 2009 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jamie

boring.... as usual.

April 1, 2009 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  13. iling

He's an average singer and very boring! I hope America is not voting for him just because he's blind...

April 1, 2009 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  14. dmintz

I like Scott, but he's kind of boring sometimes. Like Anoop, he won't get past Adam, Alison and Kris.

April 1, 2009 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  15. Jen

Scott bores me every single week and the very next day I can't even remember what he had sung. He can be thankful that Megan and Anoop suck more than he does. At least he will have a few more weeks to hang around.

April 1, 2009 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  16. YEC

Cocktail Lounge. And not even a classy one. Ugh.

April 1, 2009 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  17. Vicki

I think he sounded the same as he did in previous weeks...very boring! He has a beautiful voice but there is not a variance in what he does, nothing exciting that will give you chills one minute and have you on your feet the next! Sorry!

April 1, 2009 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  18. Lisa Shaw

Scott needs to go, he is so boring. He really can't sing. It's so many songs he can sing at the piano, and if he does make it through today what kind of songs will he release????

April 1, 2009 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  19. the voice of reason

Look I hate to be the politically un-correct person but someone has to say it...

I think he could get more votes if he would put some sunglasses on.

April 1, 2009 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  20. Ryan in Philly

Even if you are blind there is no excuse for looking like that. Or sounding like that.

April 1, 2009 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  21. Wendy

I really liked his performance! He's really good! Different than the others. His talent should not be overlooked! Amazing guy!!!!

April 1, 2009 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  22. GarageYears

OK, it was his best performance of the run...

BUT...

Was it original? "No"

Was it entertaining? I'd classify it "Mostly harmless"

Would I buy it? "Not in a million years"

Overall I'd class it as "Filler".

This guy is NEVER going to win Idol, and if he were to ever make a CD, I can't imagine who would buy it?

April 1, 2009 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  23. Larry

He's Pat Boone reincarnated. (Is Pat Boone dead?)

April 1, 2009 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  24. robin

Why is everyone feeling sorry for the blind guy? He is no different from anyone else. Treat his singing that way. Im surprised he made it this far. He's ok but should have gone long ago.

April 1, 2009 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  25. scottstinks

Scott is awful – no creativity, boring, his schtick is OVER –

April 1, 2009 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  26. Angela

Scott has a great voice but I feel he should be in a different competition–not in Idol. He sounds pretty much the same each week.
    Kind of boring ......

April 1, 2009 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  27. MB

Dull, uninspired, untalented. Exit stage right!

April 1, 2009 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  28. Eric

A likeable guy, that is all he has going for him. He is dwarfed by all others in the competition voice-wise, except for Meghan who sounds like a drowning animal.

April 1, 2009 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  29. St

one word: Boring! Totally not Winner material. Does he have a special talent? Yes ofcourse he does but he doesnt fit in here.

April 1, 2009 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  30. Erica

The judges need to get over his blindness already, and judge him for his performance! He's TERRIBLE!!!! He's a church singer, at best! And to top it off, I don't think he's a nice guy! I think he's a smart-a$$ who expects too much.

April 1, 2009 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  31. Missy

I don't think he missed any of the lyrics.. I believe that he chose to cut the song mid-verse instead of eliminating the second or third verse. It was a rough combo but I doubt he didn't know the song.

April 1, 2009 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  32. Stacy

Elevator Music.....sooooo boring!!

April 1, 2009 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  33. ACJJ

Agreed. I am getting bored with Scott's piano man routine week after week.

April 1, 2009 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  34. Beverly

Nice guy – but BORING!!

April 1, 2009 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  35. Philly

Scott should be nowhere near this competition. He simply is not a good singer and the only reason he is still there is because of sympathy votes. Come on, would you really buy a cd of his?

April 1, 2009 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  36. Dawn

Scottie did better then he has during this whole show. My opinion, he should have left along time ago. He is just plain with his singing. He doesn't hit high notes (like lil rounds), he just opens his mouth and words comes out.

April 1, 2009 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  37. Cher

Scott is an original and sticks to the essence of who he is. His abilities far exceed his disability. He sees the world through his heart.

April 1, 2009 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
  38. Matt

Scott is a technical musician. He doesn't seem to have any understanding of the emotions that the songs are about.

He sings songs the way I imagine a computer would.

April 1, 2009 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
  39. donnie

I find Scott truly dreadful, as Simon should have said. Would anyone go see him in concert or buy his CD?

April 1, 2009 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  40. elle

You got to remember that not only does Scott sing without reading any notes he has to play the piano without reading any notes and I think he does an awesome job on both. Imagine if you were dealing with his challenges. He is an American idol and my choice to win the competition.

April 1, 2009 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  41. molly shepherd

Boring, boring boring, booorrrriiiz.z.z.z.z.

April 1, 2009 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  42. Todd

I am sorry, but Scott shouldn't even be in this competition. It's lame and dishonest that people like his voice and performances. People feel sorry for him because of his blindness. Yes, they do! It's a singing competition. His voice isn't even close to the others. This year I feel the singers are not as good as previous years. I love Alison's raw talent the best. Overall, pretty disappointed.

April 1, 2009 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
  43. catlady

This guy has gotta go. Sorry that he's visually impaired, but don't think he can sing at all. I find watching him disturbing.

April 1, 2009 at 7:56 am | Report abuse |
  44. Scott

Not to be rude, but I think the guy is getting a lot of love due to his being blind. if he had no disability he wouldn't still be here. I applaud his courage, but no way is he in the same league as the rest of the singers. he needs to go.

April 1, 2009 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
  45. doogie

FIRE THE HAIRSTYLIST!

April 1, 2009 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
  46. Constance

This was the FIRST performance I actually thought was half way decent. I can't believe he's still on the show!

April 1, 2009 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
  47. David

Scott is a great singer and musician with a lot to offer but he needs to break free.

April 1, 2009 at 6:56 am | Report abuse |
  48. kevin morrison

hey scott .... i sense there is a 'LOVE BOAT" career awaiting you................... glad i dont like cruises.....

April 1, 2009 at 6:55 am | Report abuse |
  49. kevin morrison

scott SUCKED !!!!!! he has a BORING, MONOTONE, excruciatingly lounge singer like voice...... he plays the piano .... so what !!!! thumbs down.....

April 1, 2009 at 6:51 am | Report abuse |
  50. Bruce

His eyes. Man can they get any wider?

April 1, 2009 at 6:29 am | Report abuse |
  51. kay

SEND HIM HOME!!!!!! HE IS NOT ALL THAT!!!

April 1, 2009 at 6:27 am | Report abuse |
  52. Fitzwilly56

Brilliant?! Genius?! I don't think so. I think he delivers the same performance every week, safe and never a stretch. I think he's a better piano player than singer. This week's performance of Billy Joel was the same arrangement and basically the same as Billy Joel's own and not executed nearly as well. I do think there is a sympathy vote going on. I will also be a "bad boy" here and suggest that his lack of sight might have something to do with his "safe", predictable, and boring performances–he's not Stevie Wonder or Ray Charles.

April 1, 2009 at 5:40 am | Report abuse |
  53. GuitrDad

Did anyone else notice that he skipped a large portion of the first verse???

April 1, 2009 at 4:21 am | Report abuse |
  54. samiam

Faye is correct that he left out a lyric...the line he left out was:

"And I don't see you anymore"

Yes, I know its sick humor...but couldn't stop laughing!

April 1, 2009 at 3:20 am | Report abuse |
  55. Marnie

Scott...the pompadour hair, the mascara...I actually laughed out loud when the camera was on him. Then I went and got a snack. Still boring.

April 1, 2009 at 2:57 am | Report abuse |
  56. Rick

I like him-he's not relevent and can't win however. Nice guy, good voice, odd song choices, and always sounds a beat too slow to me.

April 1, 2009 at 2:57 am | Report abuse |
  57. walt

Blind Greg Brady has to go!

April 1, 2009 at 2:40 am | Report abuse |
  58. GA-Peachgirl

A Big Fan...you are delusional. Yes it takes talent to sing and play an instrument (any instrument) but Scott is just not a great singer. You probably liked Brooke White last year and she sucked too. I always muted her performaces because they were so bad. Scott is a very nice guy and has done a LOT while having an impairment, but he just isnt strong enough to be THE American Idol.
    Also, you should really learn the difference between their and there–
    Their – means belongs to them
    There – means it is over there

April 1, 2009 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
  59. Sean Serritella

This guy is a disgrace to every thing American Idol stands for. PLEASE get him off the show. I HATE him!

April 1, 2009 at 2:15 am | Report abuse |
  60. Kevin

Listening to him takes me to another place...an early bird buffet at a retirement home. Scott is terrible. Did somebody actually compare him to Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder? Unbelievable.

April 1, 2009 at 2:14 am | Report abuse |
  61. daneshort

Adam hands down...

April 1, 2009 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
  62. Ben Lee

Scott...the first half of the performance sounded like an after hours at a hotel lobby the second half saved it and barely made it a good performance. Other than that, he's another one note samba and probably do better on cruise ships or a lobby lounge of an upscale hotel in a major city. Scott – inspiring character but you have run your course in this competition.

April 1, 2009 at 1:43 am | Report abuse |
  63. LoveIsAllAround

He didn't miss any lyrics. You ought to know by now that they edit the songs down according to how much time each contestant gets that week. They rarely sing the whole song until the final weeks. I thought he did fine. Nice voice, good playing. Just not spectacular, but then, neither is anyone else on this show.

April 1, 2009 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  64. Drew

Scott remains absolutely nothing special. He's nowhere near as good as the other guys, and it's sad to say, but I do think he's getting a sympathy vote. If he wasn't, he'd have been out before they even got to Hollywood. "Challenges" make for good TV, and we must remember that Idol is a TV show, not a talent show.

April 1, 2009 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
  65. Gwen916

dude...your all cute and that...but honey it is time for you to boogie on home. you really seem like a nice person, but seriously Scott–you can't sing.

April 1, 2009 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
  66. chucky

Pitchy, mostly flat, poor enunciation. How could the judges say that it was other than awful?

April 1, 2009 at 1:16 am | Report abuse |
  67. LJ

Thank you! Right on the money. This guy is BORING with a capital B!

April 1, 2009 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
  68. goldfish

He looks better BUT his hair is STILL TOO BIG!

April 1, 2009 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  69. WATCHIN' N WAITIN'

Enough already! It's time for him to go home...no one needs to be reminded of his "challenge". This is a singing contest not a sympathy contest!

April 1, 2009 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  70. Melisa

Scott is a very gifted performer. CLOSE YOUR EYES while you listen to him. His CD's could sell.

Being a non-sighted performer, he needs coaching (which AI has not provided) on performing 'sighted'

Y'all are not connecting with him becuase he is not making eye contact with you. Seriously, it's body language 101.

Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles solved it with sunglasses.

Scott just needs to learn how to connect with his audiences visually even though they can't see him. It DOES matter.

Outside of that, his voice is amazing. He is always on key.

April 1, 2009 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  71. mara

Nice guy but BORING!

April 1, 2009 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
  72. Chels

Was it just me, because I think he is terrible. Who cares if he's blind, he is not a good singer

April 1, 2009 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  73. RT

Even if somebody slapped some sunglasses on him and cut off the mullet he would still have a marginal voice that couldn't sell 100 copies of any original music. Its time to go.

April 1, 2009 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  74. Carol

Scott and Lil need to go, Matt is in top three in my opinion

April 1, 2009 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  75. Travis

His smile looks like Poindexter from Revenge of the Nerds. He's got talent, he's a good singer...................just not good enough to win. The sympathy points are what got him this far but that's running out of steam.

April 1, 2009 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
  76. Daddy

I hope this comment doesn't offend anybody, but Seriously? If you just close your eyes and listen... Scott just does not sound good! Is it the disability card or what? Noooooo.... Stevie Wonder last week was the real deal. Close your eyes and just listen.

March 31, 2009 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Machchunk

Scott easily has the most talent of this season's contestants. <3 Billy Joel too.

March 31, 2009 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Kelly

I do believe he has talent, but i don't see him making it to the finals.

March 31, 2009 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Mark

Talented guy, but not a great singer. I didn't enjoy listening to him.

March 31, 2009 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  80. David

He is so sharp when he sings it hurts.

March 31, 2009 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Jeff

Easily his best performance... but that's not saying much. Seems like a great guy but needs voice lessons. Voice not strong enough to make it to the end.

March 31, 2009 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Ricky

What was Scott's "challenge" that Paula kept talking about? His voice? His bad hair?

March 31, 2009 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Rob

He missed some of the Lyrics and he can't really sing that well... he is simply getting the sympathy vote for being somewhat blind. He should be in the bottom 3 standing next to Megan and LiL Round.

March 31, 2009 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Maria Babich

Scott is phenomenal. I think he is incredibly talented. That voice reminds me of the Carpenters. I think he is too good for this generation, he is too classy for them. I am 37 but I know what is good. He is timeless. Wake up America.

March 31, 2009 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Me

To me, he sounded a bit flat in parts.
    Much better than last week, but overall, he's kinda boring.

March 31, 2009 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Amanda

LOVE HIM! I will for sure vote for Scott! Great Job!

March 31, 2009 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Michelle D

theres nothing great about this guy...many blind performers have had successful careers..the difference between them and him...they had something different..something that makes you look past the blindness...stevie wonder and ray charles..they had that something that kept you interested and listening...scotts performances are boring and predictable...him being blind has kept him in the competition...i hope he's enjoying his ride...saddly it wont be a long one...and i genuinely hope i get to eat my words someday

March 31, 2009 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Not A Big Fan

I'm sorry, but Scott is awful. Just awful. His voice is not good- I mean, he would be fine in a hotel lounge or something but there is no way he is anywhere near good enough to have gotten even into the top 30, never mind 9. He seems like a nice kid and I wish him well, but I wish him to do well elsewhere.

March 31, 2009 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Thaddeus

This was the best performance of the night?? The judges must have been listening to their Ipods of Billy Joel. Sorry Scott, but this was not even close to being good or original.

March 31, 2009 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  90. michelle

I love scott i think he will go far but not on this show.He will do great after the show ends and the tour.

March 31, 2009 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Slainte

I agree completely with Susan about the song choices. They are young kids and so should have a more current selection .. leave the classics alone!!!

March 31, 2009 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  92. LoriC

Scott seems like a really great guy but he is just not up to par with Idol. I appreciate the good-hearted people who vote for him out of sympathy, but every week that he gets to stay, a talented, deserving contestant has to go home. Alexis Grace was a true talent. It's time to let this guy go.

March 31, 2009 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  93. eyesWIDEopen

If he wasn't blind, he wouldn't even have made it to Hollywood. If the judges had any guts, they'd just tell him the truth. This guy is horrible.

March 31, 2009 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Board

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

March 31, 2009 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Mike R

I have absolutely dreaded each of his performances when they came up and tonight was no different. Who told this poor guy he could sing in the first place? Love the piano, love the simplicity he sings with and I know he's trying & having fun, but come on, gimme a minute of fingernails on chalkboard any day!

March 31, 2009 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Blueeeyedbabe

The thing I like the most about Scott, is that he is not a fake. He is who he is. He is very talented. People need to get off the "the sympathy bad wagon". Get over it already! Scott really does have fans who dont care that he is a bit challenged than others. We dont see his disability, we see his ability! Keep it up Scott! I can see Scott having a very successful career in music.... regardless of what you nay-sayers post! I would definetly buy his music.

Other's I liked tonight .... Danny, Adam and Chris (not a big Chris fan... but I liked his song choice tonight) . Favorite girl singer tonight... Red. But Scott gets my votes....

March 31, 2009 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  97. rdm

I thought his performance was dreadful and I can't wait for him to go home.

March 31, 2009 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Zion

I think we've all had enough of this guy. He's as boring as Lil Round bottom. Yeah he's blind, that sucks, but come on, he's done, put a fork in him. Gone this week or next.

March 31, 2009 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  99. lfy

I like Scott, but he's way out of his league here.

March 31, 2009 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Karen C

The guy has to go....

March 31, 2009 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Susan - Canada

I was disappointed in almost everyone's choice of songs tonight. I don't get it...they could choose any song they wanted and Scott chose a Billy Joel song from a good 30+ years ago? I am 58 years old and loved that song way back then...it's still a nice song after all these years, but come on...these are young kids, could they not come up with something a little more current....there are many great artists out there today. Who advises these kids on their choices anyways??

March 31, 2009 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  102. janna

Scott always shows so much passion when he sings. I think with the Billy Joel song you could see that. He belongs on stage, playing piano and singing. I know he gives me and my family such inspiration. GO SCOTT!!

March 31, 2009 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Abbey

I think that Scott is extremely talented, and I believe taking on Billy Joel was very brave. His performace tonight rocked! Challenge or not, he is an amazing guy who has a beautiful voice! Go, Scott!

March 31, 2009 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Linda

Scott has a great career in a lounge bar. He does not belong on this show. Nice guy, but boring and can't sing well.

March 31, 2009 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Willie

I disagree with the poster who said "He did nothing different from original..." Not true...Scott sucked the life out of a great Billy Joel song. Bye now...

March 31, 2009 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Renuka

Please stop screaming all your songs, Scott. That was an awful rendition of a classic Billy Joel number .. something is wrong with Paula for sure – but we all knew that already ..

March 31, 2009 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Lynne

Scott continues to be one of my favourites! Listen, Stevie Wonder-Ray Charles most certainly had great careers sitting behind a piano or a key board, and I honestly beleive that Scott can make it into their league in the future! I love his charisma, passion, honesty and confidence!
    Scott, do not change who you are and know that I am only one of many fans who enjoys watching you in this competition!
    We all know that you do not have to be the winner to make your mark (i.e.- Jennifer Hudson), but Scott you continue to give it all you have and I have full confidence that you have a shot at winning this! Why not!!!!!

March 31, 2009 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  108. sunnyinfla

For me, Billy Joel = completely boring.

March 31, 2009 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  109. DC

Seriously- can you imagine this guy being played on the radio?! Not a chance. While it was his best performance to date, it still was a piano bar/cruise ship performance. And when you saw the end-of-show retrospective, and compared him to Danny, Adam, and Kris, his lack of originality was painfully obvious.

March 31, 2009 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  110. RL

Maybe next week he will sing "We Can Make the World a Whole Lot Brighter" Brady Bunch version.

He's such a cornball...Please no more Scott.

March 31, 2009 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Caroline

Scott definitely stepped it up tonight. I didn't like his other performances.

March 31, 2009 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  112. A Big fan

Mona.. if you are going to insult me please come up with something original

And sorry Scott can sing. and he is far better than a cruise ship. I am entitiled to my opinion.. and come up with my own thoughts.. Thank-you

I like Scott and think he was in the top 3 this week..

There was some really bad performances this week..

March 31, 2009 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  113. A Big fan

You are right.. Scott is not in the same league as the other singers on American Idol..

He is much better and like I said earlier will have career after this show. He is very talented and actually sang he song.. I found most of the contenstants spent there time on stage, screaming vs singing.. Nice to see some of them are actually are singing

I can name a few that should go home after tonights performances and Scott was not one of them

GO Scott Go!!

March 31, 2009 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Mona

A Big fan...You're correct that Matt and Megan need to go, but the only career Scott will have will be on a cruise ship...and I;m not sure they would take him! Get serious....he's just not Idol materiaL..first you need to be able to SING!!!

March 31, 2009 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  115. kk

I loved scott's performance tonight....definitely one of his best.

March 31, 2009 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  116. C. Elliott in VA

He has to go. Not in the same league as the other singers.

March 31, 2009 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  117. DL

I don't vote for him for a "sympathy" vote – give me a break! I vote for him because he can actually sing – unlike those who choose to scream during a song. He is talented and has a great voice. Ever tried playing a piano and singing at the same time? It isn't easy.

March 31, 2009 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Mona

When the Judges say it was his best performance yet, they just mean it was better than his other lousy performaces. That doesn't meanit was good!

March 31, 2009 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Mike

Why is it boring for some to play the piano and sing? I think playing the piano and singing demonstrates musical ability. He may not be the best, but he does have genuine talent.

March 31, 2009 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Joe

This is our next American Idol for sure. The others need to go home now.

March 31, 2009 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  121. A Big fan

My vote has nothing to do with Sympathy but has to do with whether I would buy there record after the show..

I think Scott is great and deserves to be there more than others in the top 9.. like Matt, or Megan.. They both were horrible..

March 31, 2009 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Sean in DC

If he wasn't getting the "sympathy" vote for being blind, he'd have been gone a long time ago.

There, I said it.

March 31, 2009 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Scott

This guys is just not the great singer the judges are touting him to be. I really think they are overcompensating for him due to his "challenge," as Paula put it tonight. He's not that good...his vocals are not nearly as good as several of the earlier cast that was sent packing weeks ago. I just don't see why this guy is still around.

Sight "challenges" or not, he's gotta go and should have been gone many weeks back.

Stop being afraid to hurt his feelings and give it to him straight...he can take it.

March 31, 2009 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Denise

I thought Scott did a great job. I like him because he's genuine. Go Scott!

March 31, 2009 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Ric Shaw

...on a more positive note, isn't this the first time in a few weeks that he chose a male song?

March 31, 2009 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  126. A Big fan

Someone who will have a career after this show that will last more than 5 minutes...

I loved it and think he is awesome

March 31, 2009 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Elsie

It was very good.

March 31, 2009 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Paige

He always sounds the same. I think he's just skating by.

March 31, 2009 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Faye

He was ok, a little slow. It would have been better if he picked up the tempo just a bit. It is hard to tell if he missed lyrics or if it was intentional when they cut all the songs down to a minute and a half or so.

March 31, 2009 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Divad

Boring. He's nice, but I can't even remember any of the songs he sang on previous shows.

March 31, 2009 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  131. John

Totally agree with the initial comment.

March 31, 2009 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  132. suzi

For some reason...everyone is weak tonight.....what's up?

March 31, 2009 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  133. mom of one

yeah you go scott

March 31, 2009 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  134. roz

Yuk. Get rid of the sympathy people and admit he stinks. And that smile, - makes my stomach turn.

March 31, 2009 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  135. jason

He is sooo boring. He did nothing different from original - which would normally be unanimously panned. Don't get him at all.

March 31, 2009 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  136. CC

I like the idea of what he sung but I don't think he executed it very well. For instance, I'd love it if he would hit all the notes. I can't believe I didn't hear one of their favorite words: pitchy.

I wasn't blown away. He's not an American Idol. Nice guy though.

March 31, 2009 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  137. A Big fan

I loved it.. I thought he did great and has been my favorite tonight by a mile..

Loved it!!!!!

March 31, 2009 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Mr. Bill

Not a fan and the song sounded like a death dirge. Ponderous. Some good licks, but couldn't wait for him to finish.

March 31, 2009 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  139. shayne

Scottie, I thought this was way better than ANY of your other performances.

March 31, 2009 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Slainte

He redeemed himself with that performance ..... can't wait for Adam!!

March 31, 2009 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Ric Shaw

He always sounds one step above karaoke. I feel like he will not last much longer.

March 31, 2009 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Bob S

What happens when you cross the memory of James Brown with a white guy...that HAIR. Finally, a performance I didn't wince at. He was OK...and, that makes it his best performance to date.

March 31, 2009 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  143. la la

OK... here it goes. He's got a good voice but... its the same thing week after week.

March 31, 2009 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |