March 26th, 2009

Top 10: Michael ain't too proud to beg - again

**SPOILER ALERT: Thursday night’s blog will eventually reveal the contestant leaving the show. Do not visit the final entry of the blog if you do not want to know the results.**

Michael Sarver has the lowest votes and must sing for his chance.

Will the judges save him?

Filed under: Uncategorized

« Previous entry
  1. Pahoua

Megan has a very unique sound, which I find very endearing. I agree, the "dancing" she does is kinda weird, but as for her voice...I really like it. She just needs to pick songs that suit her voice. 🙂

March 31, 2009 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Adam

I've gotta be honest.. I don't see what the big deal is with Adam. Ok, he has PHENOMENAL chops.. but he is SO over the top with everything. Just because you can sing something a certain way, doesn't mean that you should. One of my old music professors used to ask us "Who here is getting paid by the note?" That's what always comes to mind when I here him sing. His arrangements are decadent, overly complex, screechy and for the most part off the mark (as far as interpretation goes). I thought that his Ring of Fire rendition was HORRIBLE! Johnny Cash probably rolled over in his grave a couple of times during that performance. And OMG!! He completely slaughtered Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones (and not in a good way).

Having said that, he's probably going to win, but I don't think he deserves it. I think Danny should probably take it.

And I have to say, I think that Matt is severely underrated. I heard his version of Georgia in the prelims and he absolutely killed it! (In a good way) He reminds me of a piano playing John Mayor. I don't get what it is about him that the public doesn't like. But that boy did not deserve to be in the bottom 3.. No way no how.

March 31, 2009 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  3. tc

Adam was a fantastic singer, had great performances all the way!!! The only competitor is "may be" Alyson. Megan definitely should be in the bottorm 3 but her pretty face saved her for this round but it would work for long.

March 27, 2009 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  4. jill

Do I care? Only if the winning contestant or one of the top 2-10 make
    it to the big time after all.

March 27, 2009 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  5. i AM NOT GAY

thats why i have never seen an episode

March 27, 2009 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  6. sandy

My top five picks are Danny, Adam, Allison, Anoop, and Kris. All of these young adults are such talented individuals.

America got it right by voting off Michael on Thursday but I'll be watching Megan leave next week. Her beauty has saved her thus far but the gal is one horrid singer.

Matt is also a contender for top five if one likes his style. Scott plays the piano well but there is a lot to be desired regarding his vocals. I would not rush out to buy his record.

Lil Rounds just does not cut it. Perhaps it has been the poor choice of songs. She does not offer anything unique.

Danny, Adam, and Allison are themost outstanding. Anyone of those talented individuals could walk away with the crown and I would not be unhappy.

For me, this is the best season. I love watching this show. No phone calls please when AI is on.

March 27, 2009 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Ann

Hey Chris, did you notice how Meagan was holding onto the red headed 16 year old last night when everybody was DANCING to Stevie Wonder's songs??? And I noticed how the camera avoided Meagan too during the fun dancing, .... Meagan is pathetic......please send her home...please......

March 27, 2009 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Barbara

Are all you women jealous of Megan? She's definitely unusal but aren't you tired of hearing the same old stuff on the radio? I think with the right person behind her, she's going to be amazing. Adam too is fanatastic!! I think Matt is really good too, he shouldn't have been in the bottom 3. The look on his face cut through my heart. Oh and Danny has got to go already. Nice voice but come on...NO presence about him at all. I like Anoop but I can't imagine what kind of artist he'll be. The rest just don't thrill me.

March 27, 2009 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Ann

I am so sick of the pretty blonde, not even worthy of me remembering her name. Come on AMERICA stop voting for her, she can't hold a tune and she surely doesn't have any dance "moves", she is pathetic.

March 27, 2009 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Alex

Sorry to see Michael go before Megan. ....I have to agree with some of the comments. Initially, I was not liking Adam much, but after his interpretation of "Ring of Fire", ....it was so Jeff Buckely I really enjoyed it.

The late Jeff Buck;ly was an amazing singer and artist, as was Johnny Cash in his own right.

Adam, did well, indeed.

March 27, 2009 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  11. Ro

I am sorry to say Michael did not prove vocally that he has got what it takes to be a recording artist. Yeah he may know how to sing somewhat, however he is not impressive. He is not all that. He has a "shower" voice that is only good for his household and not America. America and the judges made the right choice last night.

At least Megan's voice stands out from the rest. She is different and her voice is I believe she has a way better chance of making it then Michael in the music industry. She also got the look too. Michael is too homely and that is where he belongs at home in TX.

March 27, 2009 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  12. kellie

Michael Sarver should have not gone home....that blonde should have gone home. I've been watching American Idol every year and never before have they done something so stupid. They should have keep him in and sent her home she sucks bad this Isn’t American Idol best of jazz...I they America really messed up and the Justin Timberlake Jr for sure should have not been in the bottom 3. I really think Americas needs to get it right are turn up your dam TV because obviously you guys weren’t listening...I'st sad to say but america you got this week wrong...try next time to get it right....cuz i am only one vote....so clean your ears out

March 27, 2009 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  13. SusanB

1) I think people continuing to vote for Scott is cruel. No matter your sympathy for him, he is not recording star material and his continued presence on the show makes it more and more obvious he's just getting a sympathy vote. He's embarrasing himself. Let him go home.
    2) Megan CAWED during a song and that little hip move she does is laffable. Enough said.
    3) If either of the first 2 mentioned stay on the show and someone who actually has potential gets sent home (Adam, Danny, Allison, Matt, Chris), I will stop watching the show this season. It's getting ridiculous.

March 27, 2009 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  14. LizzyB

Matt in the bottom three is ridiculous. Megan should have gone home...but between Michael and Matt, Michael was the obvious choice.

March 27, 2009 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  15. Cindy Lord

How is Megan still in the competition? She can't sing. And how was Matt in the bottom three. Megan should have went home and Michael should have lasted another week.

March 27, 2009 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  16. Ro

I am soooo glad that he is gone. Scott please be the next one to go because there is no room for you in this competition.

March 27, 2009 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  17. tammy

hated to see michael go. he has a lot of class and probably a career waiting for him in country music. we liked him down here. it is no secret that simon hates country music so he really wasnt given much of a chance. carrie underwood was the exception for simon. I was confused though i thought the decision had to be unanimous and it looked anything but!

March 27, 2009 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  18. Lynn

I believe it will come down to Alyson and Adam...
    ... GO Adam – He is phenominal !!!

March 27, 2009 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  19. Sally

OK people! Get a reality check here. Who would you really want to go see at a concert for $125 a seat? Whose music would you sink your cash into? My bet is Adam. Megan is fine if you turn off the sound and just let guys drool. It's Adam all the way.....

March 27, 2009 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  20. George Hinkel

Megan should have been history

March 27, 2009 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  21. Debi Morgan

The judges couldn't seem to agree whether to save Michael or not so Simon just proceeded to direct him home. If the judges can't make a decision, then why are they there? Why put these people through such a thing if they know it probably won't make any difference anyway? I thought Michael did his best with that song. Are they allowed to sing a different song when they get voted off? A lot is unclear on this year's idol.

March 27, 2009 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
  22. Pradeep

American IDOL?? what is it?? Why the grappling?? Dont we have anything else to do?

March 27, 2009 at 7:22 am | Report abuse |
  23. penny

Sorry to see Michael go..... I liked his upbeat performances. At least a couple of others should have been booted first. Megan really is not top 10 material. Scott really isn't either. I don't get the facination with Adam (including the judges). He is a professional stage performer already and can't seem to get out of total broadway mode and adjust for TV. Everything he does is completely over the top, egocentric and overdone. What would he be without his stage costumes? His makeup is absolutely hideous-thick. When he toned down the makeup, the hair turned plastique and reflective. Come on already, the guy is the youngest lounge lizard I have seen. Anoop is sweet and a capable singer, but so far, Danny, Kris, Matt, Lil and Allison make everything look easy with their natural talents. They don't need to overwork it, 'cause they are already that good.

March 27, 2009 at 1:21 am | Report abuse |
  24. eddie

no doubt that Adam is the guy to beat. So far, he ranks right up there with the past winners.

March 27, 2009 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
  25. frank

Micheal is a great guy, too bad to see him leaving.

March 27, 2009 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
  26. chris

oh my gosh! megan is just awful.....she reminds me of sanjaya! please America...enough already-get rid of her! her dancing is bad! her singing is worse! aggghhhh!!!!!

March 27, 2009 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  27. J.J.

The last 2 should be Adam and Alison. She's amazing at 16 and Adam is amazing at any age!

March 27, 2009 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  28. GatorOnLine

That blond with the tattoo should have gone. She's god awful.

March 27, 2009 at 12:03 am | Report abuse |
  29. Mike

Ruben was horrible. Joss and Smokey were equally as horribe.

March 26, 2009 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  30. LAR

Totally agree with Rai! When Megan destroyed Rockin Robin should have been enough. Been all down hill since then... She is a pretty girl but has no talent insofar as personality, singing or dancing. Hope she gets the boot next week! GO ADAM & DANNY!!!! LOVE YOU GUYS!

March 26, 2009 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  31. mgdpd

this show blows my mind, yes sarver probably would not win this competition, but he is certainly a better singer than Megan Joy and Scott. this year's show is just one big pity party. I like Kris he has no sob story, nothing but talent, allison is also very talented no drama at least yet and she will do well regardless of the outcome. I honestly could not believe the drama at the beginning of this season, good singers were sent home. I would like to tell fox that the show was better when it was really a competition to find the best amatuer singer in the country

March 26, 2009 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Margit

I agree totally with Rai...Scott should have been in the bottom three.All u bleeding hearts out there voting for a guy just because of the handycap need to remember what this is about. After all, this is not the special olympic`s !!!

March 26, 2009 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  33. kim

I agree that Ring of Fire was one of the most memorable and awesome Idol performances ever–to each his own...last night Adam again was awesome–Danny was my fav in the beginning but Adam is just too good..I have picked 3 winners from the auditions only so am pretty good at picking the winners and I gotta say Adam is the next American Idol-even with the folks out there who do not like him. Unless Danny really steps it up...Adam is the American Idol

March 26, 2009 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Rai

What kind of crap is going on with the Idol voting?????
    Bottom three SHOULD have been:
    1. Megan
    2. Scott
    3.Michael

AND MEGAN should have gotten the BOOT!!!!

still cant believe the vote from last week!!!!!

March 26, 2009 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Dee

Not seeing Megan in the bottom 3 instead of Matt was the really shocker. Next week Scott will be out, then Megan. Mark my words

March 26, 2009 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Spambuck

OMG!!! Our power went out right when it was announced that "Adam, you are safe"...well, duh! That's a given! Who were bottom three? We have family betting going on here...thanks.

March 26, 2009 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Leesbunch

No way Matt is a bottom three! He's a top three! This must have been done by the producers to spike the ratings because Michael, Scott and Megan were the obvious picks.

March 26, 2009 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  38. wra

Any red blooded american male will vote for Meagan. she just needs to stand there. Don't sing, don't dance, just smile and sway...oh and yes, Adam is #1. Truely brilliant and very humble. Class act.

March 26, 2009 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  39. wra

Thank you Simon! You did your job tonight. TIme was running out, a decision had to be made and you knew there were more talented kids then this guy. Well done. And BTW, this guy needed to go home based on his flip mouth. Where do these contestants get off back talking like this talentless guy does? Did you hear him tonight? Did you see him point to Matt when Randy was asked who should be saved? Yea, he pointed at Matt and that was a total smack to
    Scott. Go home wise guy.

March 26, 2009 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  40. CarolinaFan

Michael Sarver did get the boot ~ and I think he knew it was coming. The judges didn't save him, although Kara really did like him when he sang for the last time. Patz, I have to disagree with you with Adam's "Ring of Fire", that was creepy! He is a really good singer, though! My vote is going to be for Anoop!!!! The next one that should be going home is Meagan. Good luck to Michael Sarver!

March 26, 2009 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  41. frostbite

It's about time! I agree Michael is a great guy...but this is a singing competetition and his singing is terrible. His performances have made me cringe from the very start. If the judges had used a save on him I would have been speechless. Good job America!

March 26, 2009 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  42. anges

Did they say what theme the are singing next week?

March 26, 2009 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Angie

Nancy–I had the same thing happen, so I am trying to figure out what Simon was about to say...anyone????

March 26, 2009 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Patz

Honestly, everyone can go home except Adam. He is the performer of the century! The judges must have been asleep last week because "Ring of Fire" was a mind blowing incredible performance.
    There are four great contestants but only one Adam.

March 26, 2009 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Nancy

Was Sarber let go tonight or did the judges decide to give him another chance? DVRd it, but it ended at the very instant the decision was about to be revealed!

March 26, 2009 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Roger T

Simon didn't give Michael a chance from the very beginning. He is a great singer and performer. He's so charming and got such a wonderful personality that really catches your attention especially with his smile.

Sorry to see you get voted off Michael. I'm sure you'll have a great career ahead of you even without AI.

March 26, 2009 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Beth

No. They will not mess with the voting.

March 26, 2009 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |