March 26th, 2009

Top 10: Have the voters lost their minds?!

Matt Giraud and Michael Sarver are in the bottom three.

One of these names is a shock. I'll give you two guesses as to who and the first one doesn't count.

Matt brought the sexy last night with "Let's Get It On." I am stunned.

Adam Lambert is safe. In other news, water is wet.

Lil Rounds and Kris Allen will also be back next week.

Did I mention that I am stunned?

Filed under: television

1. sk

Adam & Danny should be in bottom three – kidding ๐Ÿ˜‰

March 31, 2009 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Becca

I agree. Megan is so bad that everytime she sings, I mute the TV until she's through. I love Danny. I think he has so much talent that we haven't seen yet. I did like Adam, but everytime I see him, I see the picture of him kissing another man. YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 31, 2009 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Minneapolis

To answer someone's question, I actually would buy an album done by Megan. She is the first person I've ever voted for on the show. She isn't cookie cutter, good singers singing karaoke versions of better singers songs like everyone else. Is she technically the best singer? No. Adam can sing, but all I see is a emo-poser broadway kid. What I want from music is something different. Megan is still on because she is different, and very current. Listen to any music in the indie circles today. Someone mentioned Adele...Amy Winehouse...Regina Spektor...and the list could go on and on. Her voice while annoying to some cause its not "technically perfect", has a rich unique beauty to many of us Megan fans out there...

March 27, 2009 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Ro

Illinois I agree with you all the way.

March 27, 2009 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  5. tony alvarez

you guys have to cut megan some slack.the idol judges have always said,be unique, the girl has her own
    style. the problem has been her song choices,someone has to help her with that.she won,t win but watch her in the music world,she will
    make her mark.

March 27, 2009 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  6. Samantha

Megan has an interesting voice but based off her performance last night, she should've been in the bottom 3. I didn't get to watch it last night but I am shocked to hear Matt was in the bottom three. That blows me away b/c he's very talented. People need to vote for him so that doesn't happen again.

March 27, 2009 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  7. Illinois

Oh please, Megan has her own niche area. You guys all love Duffy & Amy Winehouse and Megan falls exactly into that area, she has unique talent, unlike Scott who simply sounds like a lounge singer. He needs a piano on a cruise ship. Matt was a shock to be on the bottom and honestly doesn't deserve to be and I still can't for the life of me why people are voting more for Scott than Matt.

March 27, 2009 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  8. texas

Scott and Megan should both be gone. Adam and Danny are the best! I agree that Lil has an attitude – she's getting old.

March 27, 2009 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  9. Ro

yeah AI had it wrong bringing Matt Giraud in the bottom 3 yesterday. I agree with Michael and Scott being in the bottom yesterday. it is time for Scott to go home along with Kris.

March 27, 2009 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  10. VTidolFAN

As far as Matt being in the bottom 3 this week, I think that with Adam changeing up his style and showing his softer side Its quite possible he took a big bite out of Matt's core supporters.

March 27, 2009 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  11. Ohio

Also, let's not forget – America already gave Megan the boot! The judge idiots brought her backi! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Two things to think about – 1) would anyone go to a Megan concert; and 2) would anyone buy a CD of hers. Case closed.

March 27, 2009 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  12. Ohio

I CANNOT even believe that Megan wasn't in the bottom THREE! Matt had NO business being in the bottom 3. It should have been Megan (FIRST), Michael (BETTER THAN MEGAN – then agani, who isn't?) and Scott (love him, but got-ta go now). I haven't voted because it's been going the way I think it should (to some degree), but I intend to vote for Matt big time next week. I think it was a fluke – I think just about everyone was voting for Adam and also, you have to realize that a lot of people who love Matt (like me) figured he was automatically going to make it. He'll be out of the bottom 3 next week. My all time fave is Adam – by far the BEST! Better than any other Idol ever!

March 27, 2009 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  13. Brian

Megan is really not that bad. Just has an unusal, Jazzy voice. I think Mike was the weaker on the stage, but Scott is a close second. I think Lil Rounds should have been down there for a wake up call! I agree Matt should be in the top 3, not bottom 3.

March 27, 2009 at 7:25 am | Report abuse |
  14. cma

I was shocked that they still have Megan on there, She reminds me of a Lounge Singer wanna be, She was the one who needed to go.

March 27, 2009 at 7:05 am | Report abuse |
  15. Goss

Megan Joy has a unique voice, a cool sleeve tat and is hot. Not sure why she is being bashed constantly. Who cares if she dances like Elaine on Seinfeld.

At least they booted the country guy.

March 27, 2009 at 6:01 am | Report abuse |
  16. Goss

Megan Jo has a unique voice, a cool sleeve tat and is hot. Not sure why she is being bashed constantly. Who cares if she dances like Elaine on Seinfeld. ๐Ÿ™‚

At least they booted the country guy.

March 27, 2009 at 6:00 am | Report abuse |
  17. Gabor

Meagan is horrible, how and why she is still in this competition is beyond me. She is pretty thatโ€™s about it!

Because no matter how many times the judges repeat "this is a singing competition", it really isn't. At least, not as far as the voting millions perceive it. Nobody cares (because very few even hears), if somebody is "pitchy" or technically incorrect. People vote based on personal preferences. Some likes the performer's look, the other likes the song itself, the third perhaps some of the background musical instrument, another one how the performer moves on the stage, there are so many possibilities. But I see nothing wrong with that, after all they are supposedly looking for the "American idol", not the "best singer".

March 27, 2009 at 3:36 am | Report abuse |
  18. Vernon Dozier

Megan is still in the show because she is really, really, really hot.

But I don't think she will be around too much longer.

Michael really sucks though – he deserved to leave.

March 27, 2009 at 1:44 am | Report abuse |
  19. Yuvone

And I really dont like Lil Rounds. She has an attitude, and thinks she's better then everyone else. Scott, I think can be good, he just hasnt shown his stuff yet. Im hoping he will show it next week. The boys are just so much better than the girls this year, and I like Megan, she's current and different, she just did a horrible job though. Wish she could sing some Adele. That would be perfect for her.

March 27, 2009 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
  20. Yuvone

I knew Micheal was going home this week, no offense to him. But MATT in the bottom 2? What is with that? America HAS LOST THEIR MINDS!!!!!!!!

March 27, 2009 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
  21. tony

All the remaining contestants have good days and bad, except one, she is always bad, pretty girl which will take you a long way if you can sing , but she can't at all. I keep trying to listen for something that is'nt there. but can not here it. Guess its a ratings thing! REALITY TV SUCKS , and isnt real

March 27, 2009 at 1:06 am | Report abuse |
  22. lynn

I missed it tonight but am shocked to hear Matt in bottom three. His performance was pure genius and inspired me to vote for first time ever. Yes, America.. clean out your ears - and your desks - cuz you are so fired!

March 27, 2009 at 12:55 am | Report abuse |
  23. Lisa

I am incredulous! Why why why is she still there? It's such a mystery!!

March 27, 2009 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  24. Dawn

America, clean out your ears!!! Matt in the bottom three??? Michael seems like a nice guy but get real – there should be no question as to who should have been in that bottom three and why wasn't Megan there?? SCOTT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE TOO!

March 26, 2009 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  25. CA

I am shocked about Matt. I thought he was one of the 4 best perfomances. Although I only did vote for Adam who was my absolute favorite of the night.

At least 2 of the bottom 3 were accurate in my opinion. But I still just can't believe Matt.

It is clear Scott is just getting sympathy votes now, because he is really not that good of a singer.

March 26, 2009 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Karen

Meagan is horrible, how and why she is still in this competition is beyond me. She is pretty that's about it! I agree with Rai, bottom three should have been Meagan, Scott and Michael with Meagan gone! Wake up America.

March 26, 2009 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Rai

Megan should went last week...and DEFINATELY should have gone next week

Bottom three should have been:
    Megan
    Scott
    Michael

WIth MEGAN getting the BOOT!!!
    She is TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!

March 26, 2009 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Carol

I like Megan better than Scott, I thought he would be leaving tonight

March 26, 2009 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Carol

Matt, is the best , the world is crazy, I think we don't vote for them because we think they are too good to get voted off and than they don't get enough votes, so VOTE< VOTE< VOTE

March 26, 2009 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Juanita

Why was Matt in the bottom 3???? He is so talented. Megan so needs to go home. She is way out of her league.

March 26, 2009 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Mike

Megan needs to catch the red eye back to the mormon state. How did she get there in the 1st place. Beauty contest or singing contest? um?

March 26, 2009 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Michi

I'm glad to see Scott stayed!

On the other hand, I'm not sure why in the world Megan is still there!

What are the voters thinking by keeping her on the show?

March 26, 2009 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  33. jen

I thought it was scott but can't believe he is not going home

March 26, 2009 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Florida Dude

can't believe Megan is not going home....this is crazy

March 26, 2009 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Bob

I voted 15 times each for Matt, Kris, and Adam.

March 26, 2009 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Shaiyna

I am floored!! Matt rocked last night! What was the rest of America listening to?!?!?!?!?! This is the first time in all my time watching the show that I feel compelled to get on the phone and vote.

March 26, 2009 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Galoux

Noooooooooooo! SHE is still there! And could it be the work of Vote for the Worst? They're pimping her this week, no surprise. You know who I mean.

March 26, 2009 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Angela

This is so outrageous! I am not sure if I will continue to watch this show in the years to come!

March 26, 2009 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Bob

My money is on Megan to occupy stool #3. Prediction: Michael Sarver will be back to the oil rigs tomorrow.

March 26, 2009 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |