March 25th, 2009

Top 10: Allison Iraheta blows them away

The little rocker chick strikes again!

Allison Iraheta

Up until now, I had been viewing Allison Iraheta as a Kelly Clarkson mini-me, but tonight she gave it some Joss Stone flavor.

Her version of "Papa Was a Rolling Stone" was HOT!

Totally funky, and totally fierce. That last note took Kara to church and had the judge raving.

It's so crazy that the show didn't seem to start until the last performer. Allison made me want to get my groove on and that's what a Motown song is supposed to do to you.

This is one of the contestants in the bottom three last week? Where do we think she's going to rank this week?

–Lisa Respers France, CNN.com Writer

Filed under: television

1. lisa

Adam will not get the radio airplay, he is too theatrical.

Allison should win American Idol. She is trendy, cool and will get radio airplay on Top 40 Pop stations. Radio DJ's already consider her a standout to win.

She will get a recording contract. Trust me, she will.

This is your next American Idol. I have never been wrong yet.

March 27, 2009 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  2. girish khare

Allison is, to my mind, a discovery of the season... just can't understand the American public though... she's a kid but beyond dynamite.

I am a rocker from the late sixties and early seventies... and in her can see shades of Joplin, Bonnie Tyler, etc

if she ever produces an album , boy I'll be there to pick it up...

girish

March 27, 2009 at 2:54 am | Report abuse |
  3. Carl

Are there any Musicians on this blog? O.M.G. Allison at 16 is the Real deal. Shes got a little Kelly in her tone but. I think she is more edgey. I Love Her and Hope The people out there keep her in the Running. Un like Kelly when her cd comes out I would hope she will do a REAL Rock Cd.Less POP More Nickelback. There has not been a rocker kickin A$$ sence Anne Wilson Of Heart( Who By the wa is stll kickin A$$). We Need Allison Bad. GO ALLISON!!!!!!!!!!

March 26, 2009 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Dan

Hey, lets get one thing straight, there will be no one better than Carrie Underwood Ever. So take 2nd place and be Happy!!!!

March 26, 2009 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Wolfman

She sings like Janis Joplin reincarnated. By far the best of the girls.

March 26, 2009 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Joy

SHE CAN SING! I was getting ready to pull the curtain on AI, but Allison got my attention last night. Sweet 16 got it going on!

March 26, 2009 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Dean T Dunham

Allison is definitely very talented, but it is obvious to me as a Speech and Language Pathologist that she is severely straining her vocal cords. It is most evident when she speaks – a hoarse, raspy quality – and it sounds as if she has to force her voice in order to produce more than just a whisper.

I noticed the same thing about Bernadette Peters a few years back when I attended a performance of hers in "The Goodbye Girl" on Broadway. Sure enough, a few weeks later, I heard that Bernadette was ordered to go on vocal rest by her doctor due to some anomoly in her vocal cords.

I would hate to see the same thing happen to this young girl, Allison. These problems can become chronic and can have permanent effects.

March 26, 2009 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  8. lou-dallas

...she was great tonight, can't wait till they do some 80's stuff, and what else will they do...some broadway things. Either way, this little girl is talented. And so what if she has a little Kelly Clarkson traits, what's wrong with that...!!

March 26, 2009 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  9. greer klesk

Allison is good I think she will go far.

March 26, 2009 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Virginiaguy

It is amazing how we have different tastes. I thought her voice was horrible and that she did a trashy performance...in several ways. Of course, I couldn't hack listening to Janis Joplin either, so maybe that is the reason for our differences.

Anyway, I thought she both sings bad and looks bad too.

March 26, 2009 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Duaneeo

Great final note, but the rest of the performance was so-so.

March 26, 2009 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Paula

I went to sleep last night with "Papa was a rolling stone" in my head, and woke up this morning humming the tune. She certainly had an impact on me!!!

She stole the show last night!!! Adam is too weird and creepy!!!

March 26, 2009 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  13. JB - Lexington

I know 'Idol" and the fans that vote are many years younger than my demographic, but we have a saying here in the South. That girl "Shook out a can o' whup ass" on the group last night. In my opinion the most dynamic performance of the night. Great song busted off side your head. That song was a slow curve right in her wheel house and she knocked it into next week. She'll be a star, she won't win the competition.

March 26, 2009 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  14. dnice

All I can say is WOW! It could come down to Allison and Adam. Both are great.

March 26, 2009 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Nancy

This girl is a finalist period! She can sing better than all the girls put together! Go Allison!

March 26, 2009 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Alex

Allison, will certainly have a recording contract with or without American Idol. The recording industry probably is already calculating $$$ after her time in A.I.

I hope she does well after this show. She is a pistol vocally with so much to give.

March 26, 2009 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  17. mmkoch

Love this girl!!! Last night was the first time I was inclined to pick up the phone and vote. Cannot believe that she's only 16.

March 26, 2009 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  18. Geoff Garcia

Props to her. I noticed her for the first time last night. Great song choice.

March 26, 2009 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  19. karen from Canada

She sicks very weel. Her voice is husky and it's just great. she is not versatile though

March 26, 2009 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  20. Gardi

Alli ain't no joke...those who don't think so need to wake up and throw away the crack pipe next to their bed. And she ain't no Kelly Clarkson wannabe. First of all, anyone can tell she is true to herself – look at her song choices. Second of all, she actually has a more dynamic stage presence than the great Kelly Clarkson. *Gasp*

March 26, 2009 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  21. Danita

I only watch the show once the top 10 has been named, so all of these performers were new to me. After last night's performance, little Allison was the BEST! What an amazing voice!! She has that amazing growl in her voice like Janis Joplin. Can't wait to see what else this little girl's got inside of her!

March 26, 2009 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  22. wes

She needs to fire her stylist. She looks like a crack fiend. She's 16 for gods sake look 16. She looks like she's been through the ringer.

March 26, 2009 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  23. Susan Gill

ALLISON!!!! WOW!!!! What a natural. She is so fresh and real. Her natural nuances and interpretations were simply a joy to listen to. What an uplift. I so prefer this to Adam, who is great, but so controlled and predictable. GOOOOO!!!!!!! Allison.

March 26, 2009 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  24. Victory

A young Janis Joplin. This woman has incredible range and an exciting singing career ahead of her.

March 26, 2009 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  25. Victory

A young Janis Joplin. This young woman has a incredible set of pipes and an exciting singing career ahead of her!

March 26, 2009 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  26. Raul

There is just something about her that makes her not likeable for me. She's got pipes and can sing, but there is an over all package and she's missing "It". Also I think she should finish school.

March 26, 2009 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  27. Ben

I'd like to hear sing some of Janis Joplin's music, she would nail that.

March 26, 2009 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  28. Joel Parkes

I'm a songwriter signed to Universal Music Publishing. I co-wrote American Idol Kimberely Locke's song '8th World Wonder'. I think Allison is an AMAZING singer and I'd be honoured if she ever decided to record one of my songs. In my mind she stands out because of her obvious singing talent, her young age, her beauty and her whole fun attitude. I wish her all the best. Me and my family have our favourite picked.

March 26, 2009 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  29. ZMEJ

I thought that her performance was great. Hse also reminds me of like a mini-Joplin.

March 26, 2009 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  30. Emily

She isn't a nasal singer... what are you talking about? She has a rocker voice, and, yes, it's a bit like Kelly Clarkson's.

Amazing. She's my new favorite!
    GO ALLISON! I voted like 9 times for her.

March 26, 2009 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  31. Aaron

She was damn good, 2nd best of the night. Nobdy there can touch Adam though. He was still a million times better than anyone else.

March 26, 2009 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  32. Melinda

I agree with Jerry. Allison sure could sing some Joplin. Me & Bobby McGee...man!!!

March 26, 2009 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  33. Kim

Allison is the second coming of Kelly Clarkson! It's very refreshing to see a rocker who can R&B it too! She chose a great song and had the pipes to pull it off. As far as the other contestants, Adam is SO overrated, but still a talent. Anoop is soulful, but will not last much longer. Danny still manages to wow fans with his consistent performances. Kris is getting outshined by the other contestants. Lil is a strong R&B singer, but I don't believe that she will make it to the end. However, her R&B album after the season could be a true gem. Matt has an appeal that the other contestants do not have...he's a true representation of a marketable pop artist. He does not get the credit that he deserves...at least not yet. The "quirky" Megan may not see another day. Her performance last night was not good. If she stays around, a Nora Jones, Bonnie Raitt, or Amy Whinehouse song will suit her best. Michael has a nice voice, but he's just out of his league compared to the others. He should go home tonight. Scott is a good talent,; however I do not see him as the American Idol. Hopefully, Allison will be around till the end. We'll have to continue to watch to see what happens...

March 26, 2009 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  34. Martha

Wow, you were my immediate favorite when I saw you in the trials........

I think you and Adam should both be up as as #1......but as a 65 yr old fan...".take you time, learn more, get more comfortable....and you will be on top when you time comes cause you got it!".......I know you will be on tour with the group.....continue to study and gain maturity and you will have a fantastic career..... just keep your head and remember you will never be young again so use it wisley.....some things should take a while so you can experience life.....!
    The Old Bird>>>>>>>>

March 26, 2009 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  35. Brad

I like her energy, but she is such a nasal singer. I can't understand half the words she says because it's all coming out the nose. She does put on a great performance though.

March 26, 2009 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  36. Wil

She may be young age wise but not voice or performance wise, as the judges regularly tell you.

March 26, 2009 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  37. Kristin

I bet the judges will end up using their save on her... we'll see

March 26, 2009 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  38. Joan

Came in 2nd to Adam in my opinion! She has a great voice! Don't know why she came in among the bottom three last week...

March 26, 2009 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  39. Becky

Little girl, big talent. She will go far.

March 26, 2009 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  40. bla bla bla

by far the best female on season 10, she should at least make it to the top 5.

March 26, 2009 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  41. mike

WOW, usually it takes years of smoking or boozin like Janis Joplin to get a growl like that. This girl is a natural.

March 26, 2009 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  42. Adrianna

She was ok, but far too young. She still has a lot to learn, and experience.

March 26, 2009 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  43. Piero

I so expected Lil' Rounds to give a great performance last night but she was so disappointing. Allison gave the performance I expected Lil' to give. I have to agree with many here and say that the top choices have to be Adam, Matt, and Allison.

BTW, can you all please stop voting for Megan. I get it, she is cute and gets all the prepubes hot and bothered but really she is just terrible. She has got to go!

March 26, 2009 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  44. Jeanmarie

LOVE Allison! To compare her to Joss...what a compliment. IMHO it is going to be a joust between the two A's...Allison and Adam! Artistry at its best!
    Jm

March 26, 2009 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  45. KG, TWIN CITIES, MN

She's got power, control and "owns" each of the songs she sings. Last night, she's was fantastic! She gets my vote.

March 26, 2009 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  46. Andrea Leonarz

Allison is the best. She deserves to win it this year.

March 26, 2009 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  47. Reggie

You GO GIRL!!!! You rocked motown night!!! Thats the way to end a show!!!!

March 26, 2009 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  48. Ethan

She is the best singer on the show. I know lots of 14 yr old girls (and 24 yr old guys for that matter) are loving Adam...but he can't sing anything like this young lady can. She's the real deal. And win or lose she will have a career after this show.

March 26, 2009 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  49. Justine

This was the first time I actually liked her.

I sort of felt like she mumbled the words, though. I hardly understood anything that came out of her mouth.

March 26, 2009 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  50. Susan Mathews

Allison was the best of the 10 last night! She was awesome!! She deserves to be in the last two standing!

March 26, 2009 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  51. Tom T

Allison made the top three with this performance. I could be wrong because I also picked Alexis Grace.

March 26, 2009 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  52. nelsinny

She rocks! Seriously, she can sing anything! She reminds me of a spanish singer/rocker lady called Alejandra Guzman... very throaty voice.... she is star material and doesn't even have to try. My favorite from the beginning without a doubt! Singing effortlessly is proof that when you're born with "IT", you don't have to try!

March 26, 2009 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  53. Galoux

Kara said it. What the gal has, you can't teach. There's a lot more that can be taught, of course, and if this is what she's like at 16, look out world when that girl grows up. Whoa.

March 26, 2009 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  54. mr vee

On a SCALE of 1 out of 5. I Give her a 5

March 26, 2009 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  55. Paulie Star

Week 1 I told my wife that the top three would be Allison, Adam and Danny and I'm still sticking to that prediction. During the Group 2 performance when she did "Alone" best version of well since Ann Wilson.

March 26, 2009 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  56. mr vee

On a SCALE of 1 out of 5. I Give her a 4

March 26, 2009 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  57. Dean

Allison has the most raw talent of the remaining singers. With the proper coach she will be a star in the near future. Last night Allison and Adam were heads and shoulders above the other singers. The reaction from the two Motown legends says it all. To be 16 and have this much talent, amazing.

March 26, 2009 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  58. Melissa

Only 3 girls left, I hope Allison and Lil' Rounds sticks it out with Adam, although it's a tough year for picking, Lots of awesome talent this year!

March 26, 2009 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  59. Donna

She has a great voice to be 16 years old. Her performance was outstanding.

March 26, 2009 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  60. James

best performance of the night!

March 26, 2009 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  61. Lisa

The tears in Smokey Robinson's eyes when she was finished said it all. Fantastic!

March 26, 2009 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  62. Dotie

Sorry not to hurt her feelings, but she annoys me. I don't understand her half the time.

March 26, 2009 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
  63. Denise

One thought goes through my head, she's only 16. There are many great things to come for this young lady. I think she will go rock and that is not my type of music so I cannot say I will be buying her cd's but I suspect she will do well without my help.

March 26, 2009 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  64. me

Yes she can sing, but I guess I'm the only one creeped out by a 16 year old trying to act 40. And last week when she sang "I'm on fire" and "give it to me" or whatever those lyrics were, that was just plain wrong, I don't care what year it is. And someone should have called them on it.

March 26, 2009 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  65. Don

This girl has become the main reason I watched the show. She's hot, hot, hot! She's might be only 16, but this girl is as professional as they come.

It's like she's be singing for ever and has a unique style and presence that I can't wait to see her again tonight. Clearly, the best of the best of American idol.

March 26, 2009 at 8:11 am | Report abuse |
  66. BobTheDrummer

Big red is the one to beat!

March 26, 2009 at 7:42 am | Report abuse |
  67. Fred

She is my favorite! Im very proud of her performance! Hot!

March 26, 2009 at 7:16 am | Report abuse |
  68. Sonya

I fell from my chair when Allison sang last night. I couldnt believe how AMAZING she was, and shes only 16!!!!!! Shes got a GREAT career ahead of her.

March 26, 2009 at 7:05 am | Report abuse |
  69. Wanda

Adam is the one......He is another Elvis.........So good looking......He can be a movie star also........Go Adam............Allison will loose her voice early....It is loud, but not strong...Very strained.!

March 26, 2009 at 6:41 am | Report abuse |
  70. Sue

I like this girl. I hope it comes down to her and Adam;-)

March 26, 2009 at 6:28 am | Report abuse |
  71. jenn

this girl can SING good job

March 26, 2009 at 4:32 am | Report abuse |
  72. Jlove

i guess I am out of touch. I really do not see her as all that!!!!! But then again...i did not like Hicks either.

March 26, 2009 at 3:47 am | Report abuse |
  73. Gene

The best singer by far! Too bad so many people like Adam's "coolness" or she would win easy. I not only would but WILL buy her records. This girl reminds me of the talent we saw in Daughtry. I bought his record the day it came out and I will do the same for her.

March 26, 2009 at 3:12 am | Report abuse |
  74. MD

I like Allison a lot.
    From the week she sang the Heart song I knew I really liked her the best of the women. Especially for her age..she's really incredible IMO. Tonight my husband heard her voice before seeing her, and when we told him how young she was, he was really surprised.

I'm completely OVER Adam.
    He's alright, entertaining and "different", but I'm kind of tired of hearing about how great he looks, and what a wonderful voice he has-I just don't think he's all that. He is interesting, yes..but I'm reading and hearing too often that "He's so hot!" for my taste. Sure, his look will probably sell for him whether he wins the show or not...but I don't think he has the best voice of the set.
    But I also think whether he's the last one standing or not, all the screaming girls will keep him on for quite awhile longer.

March 26, 2009 at 3:00 am | Report abuse |
  75. imixxy

She is so unique and what a powerful voice. luv this girl!!! Go Alli!!

March 26, 2009 at 2:36 am | Report abuse |
  76. Yessi

Her performence tonight was powerful!!! I am completely blow away with her... This girl has got it..

March 26, 2009 at 2:19 am | Report abuse |
  77. jerry

Can we get this wonderful singer to do one of the Janis Joplin classic's. She has the sultry voice to kill one of those songs.

March 26, 2009 at 2:12 am | Report abuse |
  78. LoveIsAllAround

Allison & Matt are the most talented kids on the show. Danny is good but unoriginal & Adam is so affected he's kind of like a drag queen. Dark horses could be Anoop & Kris.

March 26, 2009 at 1:48 am | Report abuse |
  79. norman

I love this contestant, Allison is a great singer, a great performer, and she has appeal up and down the spectrum. If I were the Idol producers I'd be praying she wins the big contract because she'd wear the idol crown like a true princess. Could you imagine watching her singing on a stage with kelly clarkson? That would make any american very proud.

March 26, 2009 at 1:33 am | Report abuse |
  80. Bjean

This kid has an outstanding voice. She'll be in the top 5. She was a hit tonight.

March 26, 2009 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
  81. William

After tonight, she is my FRONT RUNNER. Vote for this young lady! She has a voice of a 30 year old in her prime. Yet, she's only 16!!! She can be a good role model for young 'uns, too.

March 26, 2009 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
  82. Michael

She DEFINITELY stumbled and slurred over some of the words, and I was surprised the judges seemed to be in a hurry to ignore that. But she also did a great job playing it off and she sang the song well.

March 26, 2009 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  83. Cosmos

Great voice, great performance. Monty's right, she bungled the lyrics, though. Instead of singing "Dealing in debt and stealing in the name of the Lord", she growled something like "Dealing in love and dealing in the name of the Lord". She hid it pretty well given how hard it is to recover from a lyrical malfunction. Didn't matter really, she's a talented singer who worked that song in a way a sixteen year old girl shouldn't be able to do. Amazing.

March 26, 2009 at 12:03 am | Report abuse |
  84. carol hutchins

Performs like a DIVA..loved her and think her confidence will improve after this perfect performance! Last note was enough to hook me into wanting to hear more from this girl,

March 26, 2009 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  85. Ali

It was a great performance, but, she is losing her voice. It will be gone before we know it.

March 25, 2009 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  86. the thing is

@Dana- very good and accurate call, Allison and Adam are the only raw and real talent there. Although I am sure some will say lil' Rounds, but to me she is average.

March 25, 2009 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Jeanie

This was the best performance of the night no doubt. The little lady is very very good.

March 25, 2009 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Nikilea

Call me out of touch,but I have never been an Allison fan. I was never a Kelly Clarkson fan either, and boycotted Idol the year after she won. Everyone keeps harping on "artistry". I am a vocalist, and did some mind-blowing vocals in my youth....but could also sing about any genre thrown at me. There are few Idols this year with true versatility. And the ability to truly get lost in the music, instead of their own presence on stage. Quirky, or not Adam is the best, and Matt is a very close second. For the ladies, no one yet has come close to Malinda Doolittle!

March 25, 2009 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Leesi, MD

Kara was right - you can't teach what this girl has because it's God-given talent pure and simple. I don't know if at only 16 years old she'll have a wide enough fan base to sell platinum records even if she wins AI, but I don't doubt that we'll be seeing her in the future and she'll be a force to be reckoned with.

March 25, 2009 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  90. motioto

She is excellent. Man, I really could have seen her do some Aretha.

March 25, 2009 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  91. daveyloo

Some people got the power –some don't. She's got it in abundance. That was down home in the guts music

March 25, 2009 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Claire

Allison seems to be steered by the gods... I don't think she's even aware of what she's got. I was shocked by her bottom-3 showing last week, and am frantically dialing for #10 as we speak!!

March 25, 2009 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Tanya S

She brought tears to my eyes I was so happy for her. She is really becoming a front runner and with good reason. Way to go Allison!

March 25, 2009 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  94. BellaBlu

I Love this Girl! Sweet, unpretentious, and WHAT A VOICE!

March 25, 2009 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Trish

This girl can sing. And she is only 16! She has tremendous raw talent. Even if she does not end up winning Idol, she is going to become a huge star. I loved her performance tonight.
    She was original and edgy.

March 25, 2009 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  96. PC

I wish I had a set of pipes like Allison's!!! That girl can belt it out!! I think she's great, especially at such a tender age.

March 25, 2009 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  97. DAVID WATT

This sixteen year old dynamo is also a true star. She could step into the recording studio and cut tracks right now.I don't know where she has learned her stage presence but she blows me away. I also see her remaining in this competition until the end.

March 25, 2009 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Bernard

Poor show. She should go home.

March 25, 2009 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Kat

I usually never agree with Kara, but as she said tonight, how is it that Allison was in the bottom 3 last week! I quickly texted several votes her way so that doesn't happen again! She is by far the best female singer. She and Adam should definitely be in the top 2 with Allison the clear winner!! Congratulations on a FABULOUS performance!!

March 25, 2009 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  100. craighand

This girl is incredible. She brought tears to my eyes. Wow. wow, wow

March 25, 2009 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Connie

Blew me away! I LIKE HER!!!!! I love the raspiness of her voice and she's been my pick from day #1.

March 25, 2009 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  102. lin

Wow!!! This was like "Natural Woman" for Clarkson or "Summertime" for Fantasia. She's got soul. Give her a contract, now!

March 25, 2009 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Wil

"Alone" a couple of weeks ago should have been enough convince everybody how good she is, the last 2 weeks it was a matter of song choice but she still did as good as could be done with those songs. How far she goes I think will be determined by song choice, but in a perfect world it should be her and Adam as the final 2. Treat: Watch her sing "Total Eclipse of the Heart" on YouTube in another competition she won.

March 25, 2009 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  104. enterlaughing

She nailed it. And then some........very impressive talent. And a standing O from Barry and Smokey doesn't hurt!!

March 25, 2009 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  105. dale

When this girl did "Alone" by Heart it just blew me away. I would buy that record.
    When I heard her do "papa was a rolling stone" I had to get out of my seat.....and dance and smile and smile and smile........whewie baby.........blew me away.........the best singer in the competition......end the show..........give her the title right now...and save some time........I want to start buying her records.....

Better than Clarkson....in her genre........better than underwood.....

AWESOME

March 25, 2009 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Monty

Did she forget some of the words? I couldn't understand some of them. She sounded great, but I thought she mumbled at times.

March 25, 2009 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Ray

Definitly best of the girls. Strong voice, but I still think she is to much of a Kelly Clarkson wanna be. I agree that it should be her and Adam as the final two, but I have a wierd feeling the only way that will happen is if the judges bring her back on after being voted off.

March 25, 2009 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Carol

Dana: I agree, on final night it will be Allison and Adam standing there....and not in that order.....although I agree with Ann G too, Allison just does not have that versatility. Geez....I'm starting to feel like a Simonite.......

March 25, 2009 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  109. GeeDub

This little chickadee is an awesome performer, but I doubt if she will get beyond the top 5 because she just doesn't seem to have the voting support. I put her in the top 3, with Adam the obvious #1....she will be a huge success with that great, original voice of hers.

March 25, 2009 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Angela

Yea Bob, she kind of grows on ya.

March 25, 2009 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Bob

First time I really liked her.

March 25, 2009 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Tia

She is good, but it seems like she is hit or miss each time. Sometimes she blows me away (like tonight) and other times she just barely gets through the song (like last week).

March 25, 2009 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Ann G

In her teens, but with a voice in her forties...she is powerful! I hope she sticks around for many more weeks. Don't see her winning it all, though. She's just not versatile enough.

March 25, 2009 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Amanda

Heck yeah! I love this girl! She's got much more charisma and stage presence than Jordin Sparks

March 25, 2009 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Gail

AWESOME!

March 25, 2009 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Dana

I love her too! It is very hard to believe she is only 16 years old...what a voice, and what stage presence!

I think the final will be between Allison and Adam.

March 25, 2009 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Florida Dude

Not good enough ti beat Adam this year but...WOW. At 16 I have high hopes for this girl. I can't waith until she gets to be 26. Really good with great potential.

March 25, 2009 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Angela

Interesting girl. She does very well for her young age.

March 25, 2009 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |