March 19th, 2009

Watch 'American Idol' with CNN.com

Another week of "American Idol" has wound down, and now we have our Top 10.

CNN.com’s Lisa Respers France will be watching and blogging every week and we want you to join us.

Stop by the blog and tell us your thoughts about  the contestants, the performances and whether you agree or disagree with the judges. Simon, Randy, Paula and Kara aren’t the only ones who get to have their say.

Let your voice be heard and your comment may appear on CNN!

- Lisa Respers France, CNN.com Writer

Filed under: American Idol judges • television

1. shirley

Just one question! where are the black i can not believe not one
    black male singer did not make the top ten,this is why i do not watch
    this show anymore you all don"t know what you are doing come on
    not one black male singer be for real.

March 25, 2009 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  2. kathy Frazier

What is this week's theme?

March 25, 2009 at 3:20 am | Report abuse |
  3. Elliot Glassman

I think Adam Lambert is just amazing. Without him, this season would lack all the grace and amazement that he brings with each and every performance. I haven't been this excited about Idol since the days of Elliott Yamin and Chris Daughtry.

March 24, 2009 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  4. hannahAr

the real determination is MARKETABILITY......
    Even though I am not a punk rock or hard rock fan,,,,,,,,i can see where Adam would be very marketable. I find him very much an entertainer, very good looking, and remarkably talented. I LOVE CUTE DANNY, but there is no doubt, whoever wins,,,,,,,,,,Adam will be the one who succeeds in the music industry.

March 24, 2009 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  5. cody

Noop Dawg was great unlike Adam who butchered "Ring of Fire".....

March 23, 2009 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  6. lyndall vickers

I hope that David Gokey wins because he has a nice tone when he sings plus he has a powerful voice which brings a nice to any song he sings especially PYT

March 23, 2009 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  7. meghan

i think megan should have went home i dont think she did that good at all and alexis is really good she should have stayed

March 23, 2009 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  8. Barbara

Adam & Megan are the only ones who have any stage presence. Adam may be a little crazy looking but think back to Mick Jager, Alice Cooper or Kiss for that matter. That music will never be forgotten nor the artist. As for Megan, she has that star quality and unusual voice that makes you remember her. Her dancing is a bit different but makes her stand out......everyone has noticed right? Lil has a good voice but needs some polishing when she's interviewed....maybe JayZ will notice her. Danny needs a whole new look. Dump the glasses and lose 10 lbs...he's not appealing enough but could be. Matt is too much trying to be like JT and Scott just has no personality. The rest are not worth mentioning.

March 22, 2009 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  9. teresa

@Vinny: re: " he BUTCHERED ring of fire"… while adam definitely didnt do the Johnny Cash version of the song, he was absolutely brilliant If this was a purely singing contest, HE should win. But it's shallow america, and he wont. No one else on idol this year comes close to this guys range, skill and voice control.

Adam's take was the single GREATEST performance on AI since it began. I am going solely on HIS VOICE.

As for the judges: I think Kara is doing a great job and adding much to the mix of judges. She gives constructive advice and deserved-only praise.

March 22, 2009 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Harriet Mullen

I think all of the contestants should be proud of how far they have already come. They all have beautiful voices so now it is up to the song they pick or how they perform it. I truly think Adam Lambert is the best and I would love to see him in concert. He is so original and unique and that is why he has my vote!

March 22, 2009 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Vicki

Adam has alot of talent. He is not afraid to take risks in singing and has great stage presence.. People judge him because of his sexual orientation. He has been consistent and unusual. I like Danny also. Allison is good but seems to be alittle on the hard side to be 16. This is a singing competition. I think it is to early in the competition to save anyone. They will all progress as the season goes on. I am 58 and love American Idol. To me it is kids trying to reach their dreams. It also teaches them that when they lose they still can be a winner. A good lesson in life. Look at Chris Daughtry or Clay Akins.

March 21, 2009 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Frank (leelee's friend)

Stream of consciousness.......
    – Is it me, or is Adam looking more and more like Liza Minelli every week? – Thank God wacky Paula is back...I missed her, but she's baaacck!!
    – What's up with the "group" songs being pre-recorded? This is supposed to be a singing competition and they are lip-synching those group numbers...it's so obvious.
    – If this show hasn't jumped the shark yet, it's right on the verge. I mean c'mon, "Judges Save"??? That's the equivalent of Mork marrying Mindy!
    – Danny's the only contestant worth watching, but after hearing Carrie Underwood sing the other night, these contestants should all just go home...she's unbelievable.
    – And while we're on Ms. Underwood...whoever convinced her to cut her hair should be shot...she looks 15 years older
    – and was it me, or did Randy Travis look like an animatronic puppet from Disneyworld?
    – Simon should just take Megan to bed already and get it over with
    – Ryan Seacrest has become a cartoon figure....I can't even watch him anymore...his facial expressions are ridiculous

March 20, 2009 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Danette McBrided

I think it was a BIG mistake to let Alexis go. I loved her and think she is a great singer. Michael should have gone home instead or even
    Adam could have gone. I do not like him much. I hope Alexis makes something of herself to make Idol look bad. I wonder what Dolly Parton thought of how well she did. Alexis I wish the best and you were my faviorite from the beginning.

March 20, 2009 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Bridget

I loved Adams version of Ring of Fire ! ! ! ! I thought it was an amazing interpretation of the song... I don't understand what everyone is missing in his creative talent.

March 20, 2009 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Ari

The judges are not the ones choosing.......since America is voting, it is the american public watching the ones who vote and after the votes are counted, then we have contestants either staying or leaving the show/competition.

Only one winner will stay......too bad!!!

March 20, 2009 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Sandra

Alexis, is very talented. I'm sorry to see her go. A big voice for a tiny person. For me the Blind guy, Chris, the oil rig guy and the other piano player are very forgetable, Megan everything sounds the same, Lil can only do R&B, Allison needs to change her personality, she gets on my nerve, Anoop has talent I hope he can continue to pick the right song, lets face it this competition is between Adam and Danny. Adam has great stage presents and makes everyting his own. Danny is so likable and cute I can't wait to see him perform. At the end it should be a personality contest between Adam and Danny. If Adam gets voted off I will stop watching, just like with Chris Dougherty was elimated. Simon keep calling it as you see it most of the time your right.

March 20, 2009 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Shelley

The American Idol gang did a GREAT job with the performance of T-R-O-U-B-L-E. Good Luck to you all!!

March 20, 2009 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  18. Vinny

adam should of been sent home... i can't understand why everyone love's him.. he BUTCHERED ring of fire... i hope he goes home ASAP...

March 19, 2009 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Janell Ellerman

Cris's version, "or take", this week was positively not only NOT COUNTRY, IT WAS so weird I'm surprised he was allowed to get away with such an atrocious rendition!!!

March 19, 2009 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Janell Ellerman

The judges blew it in not choosing Alexis this week! Her vocals, stage presence, and everything else would make her a shoe-in for her to continue, and just possibly even win this season. So far I have chosen every single AMERICAN iDOL! I may just quit watching......not that anyone would care. Remember, YOU JUDGES LET HER GO!!!!!!

March 19, 2009 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  21. susan leone

may the heavens watch over you natasha and the angels watch over your family bless you all

March 19, 2009 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  22. lacey

I don't think American made the right choice at all! Alexis you are awesome!

March 19, 2009 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |