March 18th, 2009

Top 11: Carrie Underwood, Randy Travis sing together

Carrie Underwood, what is in your hair?

Loved “I Told You So” but the oversized hair accessory was distracting me big time.
I won’t even start on the dress and the hairstyle. I’ll just say that it seemed more appropriate for a family picnic.

Love your voice, but the get-up, not so much.

Your thoughts?

-Lisa Respers France, CNN.com Writer

Filed under: Uncategorized

1. lin

Underwood is a class act. Randy is looking a little gaunt, but his voice is great . I've been a fan of his since Storms of Life back in 1986. He's got more soul in "Diggin Up Bones" and "On the Other Hand" than all the new country guys put together, nuff said!

March 25, 2009 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Mitch

Carrie was great but Randy is beginning to look real scary, like your friendly neighbor pervert! 😀

March 24, 2009 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Leigh

I agree completely! Carrie was not her usual beautiful self. But man she sounded amazing. I love Randy but he really seemed to be struggling. LOVED the song, I hope they record it.

March 23, 2009 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  4. Ted

Both Carrie and Randy are fantastic artists. Carrie usually looks so classic. From a fashion perspective, I agree she had a rough night. Look as though she was using her head as an alternative travel bag carrying an over night pair of panties! Just proof that none of us is 100% on our game all the time.

March 20, 2009 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Yvonne

Fantastic performance. It's just flat wrong to criticize anything about the duet. Both class act people and talent galore. Wow.

March 19, 2009 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Amelia

They both sounded great- I'm not a fan of country music at all- but they both have great voices!

March 19, 2009 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Mark

What a great duet from two great performers. Carrie looked and sounded great as always. Randy added even more class to the act. Maybe they will have the Idol contestants oerform duets in the future.

March 19, 2009 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Annie

Carrie is always at the top of her game. She performs with that powerhouse voice. From the looks of it, Randy was enjoying himself as well. I would love to see the two of them record at least one song together.

March 19, 2009 at 7:06 am | Report abuse |
  9. Texasstarfan

I think Carrie was going for a more mature look and her hair was not cut.
    Whether we like it or not, flowers in the hair are in style right now. Just check out this months Glamour magazine, just be glad it wasn't the 70's headbands that were instyle a few months ago. The Tammy Wynette look worked for me since it blended with Randy's style and matched the music. Thats what they do on idol, have crazy hair and outfits.

March 19, 2009 at 2:58 am | Report abuse |
  10. Kelly

I thought it looked like a giant spider was about to eat her head. 😀
    Other than that, she rocked it out!

March 19, 2009 at 1:34 am | Report abuse |
  11. Kelly

Carrie! What a beautiful song, loved it girl. But I too, was distracted with the hair . I was trying to determine if she had her hair tucked in or if she cut it short. But regardless, she is still beautiful and can sing no matter how she looks or dresses.

March 18, 2009 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Faye

I think a potato sack might have been less distracting than that bow in her hair and that awful dress.

March 18, 2009 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Micah

Loved the performance. Carrie can sing in a potato sack and not come her hair and she'll still look good.

March 18, 2009 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  14. diane

Loved Carrie..I agree..Didnt like the dress or the hair..I sure hope she hasnt cut her hair that short to being a Kellie Pickler clone....

March 18, 2009 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |